LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » How many have crimson Crescent near tonsils area

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How many have crimson Crescent near tonsils area
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK> Time to look...tee hee

Do you have prominent, what is called Crimson Crescents??

Suppossed to be indicitive of cfids/ME.

Also I have no gag reflex.
Used to gag really easy.

Sure could not be anorexic.>>>>
I can stick all my fingers down throat with not reaction.

Anyone else. I noticed this on another site. That is when I checked was surprised. Used to not beable to take vitamin without gagging.

Hmmmmmmm

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning Kerry blue...

How do you do?

You said..

"I can stick all my fingers down throat with no reaction. Anyone else."

Sorry...

I am really not wanting to stick my fingers down your throat today...

But thanks for the offer...

I'm afraid the cost would be too great.

I would have to fly to Florida... rent a car.. drive to your place... and then there are meals, gas, and other expenses to consider too.

NOT that it doesn't sound fun and all... but...

Perhaps we can do it another time... ok?

You have neuro damage if you have no gag reflex... and have trouble swallowing. It can be reversed or improved by the way.

I had the same thing. My tongue is partly paralysed too... on one side.

You might want to see the post on cranial nerves.

The chiropractic neurologist was able to help with that situation.. very easily.

I also had the red marks you describe...

But they went away with proper antibiotic treatment.

Wanna see?

Well.. sorry I can't come down there today.

I am very busy.,

I gotta go lick all the snails off the bottom of the scummy pond....

If I didn't have to do that...

You KNOW I would come stick my fingers down your throat... and have a good old time doing it.

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 6 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You silly I meant I would stick my fingers down your throat.

I think the trip would be worth it. Don`t you miss Fl.

Alot of folks on immune board said they had the crimson cresents.

Someone posted big article on it being linked to Cfids./ME.

Also it was somebody who asked about the gag reflex. I never thought about it except can swallow bunch of Vitamoins. Never could do before.

You are too much~~~~~

I think yiu really need a Fl.vacation. May help that silly mind..lol..

No sleep last night again & have company coming in. Got to pull my act together here.

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dullchime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I had the CC- they were more prominent when I first started to see signs of illness - now they are a lighter red color. what exactly is cfids??
Posts: 232 | From kennett square, PA USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dullchime     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are these crimson cresents something I should be worried about???
Posts: 232 | From kennett square, PA USA | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

According to long term research. Most people with cfids/Chronic Fatigue Symdrome/Now known a mylagicencephalitis.

This is disorder where overwhelming fatigue hits. No matter whether you sleep or not.

Fatigue that can actually hurt so bad.

It is not the best thing, just adds 1 more infection. Whether related to lyme or co-infect. Not sure. It doe`s have mortalitiy rate.

Cher was in bed 31/2 yrs. for it. Then she went ele natural. Said Sam-e helped her. SHe still suffers from it. Takes coach with trailor & big bed if she is trying to work.

You know she could have called God for help with her money. Still was in bed for 3 1/2 yr. It is known to go into remission all of sudden.

I just got med article yesterday. They proved gfids/ME. It is real, for the doubting doc`s.

Some are totally bedridden..

dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

My fatigue even with lyme disease hasnt been all that bad. Im starting to feel better with the doxy- but the fatigue was one of the first things that disappeared. Im still having my ups and downs of course, but I guess we'll just have to see.
thanks for all the info

dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

im confused, does this mean that its definitely not a lyme disease thing?? I dont know Im kinda worried now. I noticed the crimson the day i noticed I was feeling bad. 2months ago
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Ive read soo much on chronic fatigue-- how can any doc determine whether its CFS or lyme? The symptoms are near identical- If I didnt have the rash on my person- I would have been thinking thats what it was that I have. Anyway, this has been a day full of venting- I hope you can excuse me.

thanks for tha info
chime

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 10 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! You are a funny girl!!!

I was distracted while writing the reply yesterday and had to stop.. and wanted to add today....

There is a study... published yet??? .. or on the way?? Anyhow.. I heard of it last year.. from the doctor who did it..

They did biopsies on tonsils.

Over 20 of them if I recall.... after they were removed, of course.

ALL of them were found to have spirochetes in them.

Sooooooooo...

And keep in mind...

My cc's were there.. but were clear after proper treatment.

Hope this helps!

And yes.. I miss Florida. Especially since my "little one" is now there. He is helping with hurricane stuff on Sanibel Island.

Hope you got some sleep! AND enjoyed your company!!

Later gator...

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dullchime
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6024

Tincup-- sometimes I think you are this websites personal Jesus- The worrying Ive been doing lately is the worst. Anxiety anxiety anxiety. Sometimes I can just read what you write and feel a thousand times better.

chime

suki444
Member # 18960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for suki444     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi
I know crimson crescents are supposed to be indicative of CFS in all the literature by CFS docs...but they are actually markers of when your Lyme is active according to Dr B.

I only developed permanent crimson crescents when my Lyme became full blown and they are always really noticeable now.

CFS/ME is Lyme.

BW
Emma
http://www.wendyslymefund.co.uk

Posts: 37 | From Whitehead, Northern Ireland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting post. I can swallow lots of pills at once now too, I thought it was all the practise, but now that I think of it i used to have a lot of problems taking one large vitamin without gagging.

Have to keep an eye on this. I don't know what crimson cresents are but my left tonsil has been enlarged since I had the worst case of tonsilitis ever about 6 months after being bit by lots of cat ticks, 15 years ago.

Interesting that they found bb in the tonsils, this is the side that gives me all the trouble. The left side of my head and the right side of my body. When sick, that side of throat always hurts more and that eye is the swollen one that barely ever goes down to normal size. When the ducks look in my throat, they always laugh to see how enlarged it, yeah, real funny...assh***s.

Tincup, you do have a talent to write great posts, I love reading them. Trout's pretty good too.
Lymiecanuck

[This message has been edited by lymiecanuck (edited 29 August 2004).]

[This message has been edited by lymiecanuck (edited 29 August 2004).]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trying2bsunny
Member # 5798

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trying2bsunny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so glad to know I'm not crazy! I noticed this about 8 months ago after being told i didn't have lyme anymore but had developed chronic fatigue and possible lupus.

The nurse doesn't mind doing strep test on me at all. You could stick the swab clear down my throat and not even a flinch of a gag reflex.

My tonsils are also huge and a bright red to purple color. When i told this to my mom she thought i was crazy.

Now I have proof i'm not. Well... enough proof for me anyways!

Posts: 53 | From Nct. Ohio | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymiecanuck
Unregistered

Icon 11 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did the test....no gag reflex either.

Lymiecanuck

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kerryblue:
OK>

Where exactly is this red or crimson crescents located ??

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
heckyeah
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for heckyeah     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kerryblue:

Yes. Both my fiance and I do and we both have Lyme... of course after being told we had CLASSIC CFIDS/ME (and me FM too) for many years.

Yeah... so they say. Not true though.

Also I have no gag reflex.
Used to gag really easy.

Before I finally got treated for Lyme I was dealing with dysphagia. My ability to swallow would almost totally disappear for days and I could barely swallow water without choking on it. If you lose your gag reflex I would assume it is somehow related to those same nerves. Thank God I got diagnosed and started treatment for Lyme and the co-infections.

Jen

------------------
Lilypie Baby Days).]

[This message has been edited by heckyeah (edited 30 August 2004).]

Posts: 1082 | From Upstate New York | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schamsjj
Member # 25792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schamsjj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have these and have had them since I got sick 7 months ago.

I have Lyme and Mycoplasma, My llmd said it indicates an active infection.

Im so tired of feeling like this. I am now going to try something called colostrum to see if that helps my immune system

--------------------
Igm
18kDa+ 31kDa+ 34kDaIND 39kDaIND
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
23kDa+ 31kDa+ 34kda+ 39kDaIND
41kDa++ 58kda+

Posts: 26 | From La Crosse, WI | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone explain what crimson crescents are?? My gag reflex is absent as well.
Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
schamsjj
Member # 25792

Icon 1 posted      Profile for schamsjj     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are red crescents on each side of your throat.

--------------------
Igm
18kDa+ 31kDa+ 34kDaIND 39kDaIND
41kDa+ 66kDa+83-93kDa+
IGG
23kDa+ 31kDa+ 34kda+ 39kDaIND
41kDa++ 58kda+

Posts: 26 | From La Crosse, WI | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my fatigue comes and goes. some days i just feel like a mack truck has run over me, other days not so bad.

this is sometimes so hard to figure out.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have them. They also get lighter with treatment but have never gone away. I ahve a lot of sore throats and a swollen gland on the right side.
Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, count me in on the CCs.

As some of you may know, I used to work with human CFIDS serum samples under the scope, but even so, never myself got EBV or HHV6 until "the bite".

I also have an odd small "lump" near my right tonsil. I've asked my LLMDs about getting it removed for histology, but both have been rather ho-hum about it. Got it the same time as the CCs, right after tick bite #1(or 100?!).

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcg08002
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24617

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcg08002   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first got lyme, I had the WORST flu ever!!! Thats how my lyme started out, and since then, i have had a red crimson just like you described since last Nov lol. Docs always comment on it. Just means there is an active infection.

--------------------
Stephanie, University Student.

Ehrlichia [POSITIVE]
IGG/IGM AB [H] 1.49
indexLyme AB interp. EIA [A] POSITIVE
IGG P93 AB [PRESENT]
IGG P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P41 AB [PRESENT]
IGM P23 AB [PRESENT]
Lyme IGM WB interp. [A] [PRESENT]

Posts: 145 | From Idaho | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement