LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » VERTIGO !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: VERTIGO !!!
lymeHerx001
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know youve seen this b4, maybee from me.

I need treatment options cuase im runnung out of them.

I have tried:

meclazine ---constipation

chlorpheniranie-- some relief

zyrtec--worked at first

claritin--works a little when it wants too

guaifenessin---works great,, if only my ears were cleared first, i can tell there blocked

inhallent steroids

nasacort
flonase
nasalcrom
sudafed
ear-corticoids

herbs

horse radish
fennugreek====worked the best but nothing any more

some other herbs too-not too great results,,,,they would just make my nose run and ears hurt more

Symptoms are,,

feeling like my arms are in back of me when they are in front,

walking forward and feeling backward

vision problems reading.

I look at people (it could even be a pretty girl, and all I see Is a head and two disembodied arms and a torso that has nothing to do with the head!!!

everything just doesnt look whole or stable.

My brain is trying to fugure out whats moving in my site and what isint,, Its almost impossible to act normal at work.

I have pressure in my ears and can feel fluid moving around in there.

I wanna drain them somehow.
Maybee put my head in a boiling pot of water.
Or lance the back of my ear and poke it with a straw. i dunno

I am headed toward surgery, or a fast(no or little food).
I cant handle the constant movement,,
My memory is worse because of it too.
MY brain is busy trying to maintain my balence insead of thinking!!\

bassically all of this stuff worked when I would get attacks of it,,only a coule times not,, but it would go away by itsself.

They keep telling me to wait. Its been 6 months allready,, i dont want to wait

damn the fitness edge and thiere dri-dek mats!!!!damn them to hell

[This message has been edited by lymeHerx001 (edited 02 November 2004).]

[This message has been edited by lymeHerx001 (edited 02 November 2004).]

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RECIPEGIRL
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5884

Icon 12 posted      Profile for RECIPEGIRL     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Lymeherx,

Can't think of any good answers here. The reason I want to reply is because I struggled with ear pain for 13+ years.

If I'd had vertigo to boot, I don't know what I would have done.

I believe in getting to the root cause of problems, but you've got to have some relief in the meantime.

The only thing I can think of is Aural or Ear Ozone gas Insufflation.

I had thought of purchasing my own ozone machine for home use & using this on my ear. I didn't know how I could live anymore with the pain.

There is a book, "Medical Uses of Ozone" by Renate Viebahn - Haensler. It states to use only the corona gas fed generators. Use only PURE medical grade oxygen in the ozone mixture. Do not use converted oxygen.

You might find a physician from www.acam.org who has much experience with this. Go to that site & click on public to find a doctor for your state. You need an expert.

Or just search for "ozone therapy physicians" & see what you pull up.

The treatment probably won't be expensive, just the office visit.

There's lots of information on the internet.

Here's one site explaining it & it says it helps with vertigo:

www.falconblanco.com/health/ozone/eartreat.htm

You put the ozone to the ear for 1 minute the first time, two minutes the second, three minutes the third, etc. Not more than four days in a row.

Just an idea to research until you can find the exact cause of all this.

Bartonella can affect the ears & can cause devastation to the nervous system resulting in neuropsychiatric symptoms.

I don't know if you've been tested for Bart or even if anyone can rely on the validity of a negative result.

Ozone may sound lame, but I know firsthand it is not.

I hope others will visit soon who have experienced similar symptoms with their ears.

Don't give up. (easier said than done)

Take Care,
Jan

[This message has been edited by RECIPEGIRL (edited 02 November 2004).]

Posts: 602 | From Burleson, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green Darkness
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green Darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymeherx: We've all had this. Others will post as to what is best. I just wanted to tell you I've felt the same about putting head in boiling water. You got me to laugh, thanks.
I used to just sit and wait it out for three to four hours. That was after I about wrecked cars, and walked out of stores like a drunk(without booze in me). So, hope you will hang in there. Thanks for making me smile. It is rough, but we will make it, believe me--others have won the battle over this disease; we can too.

Posts: 560 | From PA | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GEDEN13
Member # 4151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GEDEN13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try sun glasses. i wear 80% dark during the day.50% dark at night...mine are perscription/bifocals...

also the antivert(meclizine) seems to work for me.i am also doing mag/cal..mag take's care of side effect..try maybe 200mg daily,will help thing's move along.plus body need's mag...hope this helps....gary

------------------

Posts: 1108 | From PA. | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
2mg of Valium, every 8 hours. Shuts the middle ear off so you can balance yourself. Also, an anti-inflammatory may reduce some of the pressure that's building up in your brain.

Seriously - the valium does help. It's a teeny dose - ask your LLMD.

Been there and back and it's awful - please get yourself checked for Bartonella. I never tested positive, but was treated anyway. Nothing left but tinnitus (which may or may not be permanent, since I've had it for years now).

------------------
Julie G.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeHerx001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone,,

today I feel good,,, really , except for the vertigo!

Jan, the ozone sounds good,,youre not the only one that has mentioned it. I didnt know that you can put it up to the ear.

As far as the meclazine it really made me severelly constipated, slowed the drip a little bit, however it was comparable to other anti-histamines ive tried.

Again I tried accupuncture 3 times, and each time it hurt like hell and didnt move anything along.

By the way, the LLMD wont give me valium at all. He doesn not belive in any benzos.

I think that it will get better with time and more anti-histmines.

At least I know the cause and I can feel something "moving" in there.

I also know that the ears can drain not like the pain in the root of a tooth. You would need to get a root canal to solve it.

Just thought id add that because I had a root canal done last year after living with severe tooth pain for years.

I though that I would just go away, put the pressure in the tooth had no where to go.

The ears will drain when my conditions are right. Im keeping faith.

Posts: 2905 | From New England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeHerx001
Member # 6215

still have this damn ear pain. I started drinking fenugreek and it hasint done that much.

How many of you out there have had sucess with oil of oregano for vertigo?

Alex1950
Member # 6308

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alex1950     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Try flying a plane in the clouds, you defiantly get vertigo. Many pilots when they come out of a cloud are flying upside down. Have to trust your instruments!

Have your had your eyes checked? If the muscles or other parts of the eye are not working right, the eye sends a wrong message to the brain. At the same time, the ears are sending a different message -> VERTIGO!

I know it can drive one crazy, bumping into objects, coming down stairs, tripping over your own feet, and the list goes on.

Keep you head out of the clouds.

Alex

Posts: 77 | From Chester NJ 07930 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement