LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Chronic appendicitis, anyone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chronic appendicitis, anyone?
Somalimom
Member # 4509

Icon 9 posted      Profile for Somalimom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The story of my life in 2005 has been my fight against chronic appendicitis. Here's how it's gone so far:

The doctor who's been treating me since December 2003 is a well-respected integrative physician who uses a lot of muscle testing to identify infections, toxins, etc that complicate people's illnesses.

When I first went to see him, I had a number of different viruses, toxins, and other stuff in addition to Lyme, Babs, and Bart. He has since helped me get rid of the bulk of my body's Lyme load.

This doctor goes on the "peeling the onion" theory. Once you resolve the most immediate problems, other previously undetected issues will surface, and you then deal with those.

Back in July of 2004, after we'd successfully peeled a few layers, the doctor made a new discovery: deeply buried chronic appendicitis. I had never felt it before, so didn't know it was there. We began treating it with homeopathics and some energy therapy.

As soon as I began the treatments I could feel changes taking place in my abdomen. If I took the homeopathic but failed to do the energy supporting treatment, I would feel pain from my body fighting the infection, but not too much. Things went along this way for several months with very slow progress.

Just before Christmas, I finished a round of homeopathics and still could tell the infection was not gone. The doctor gave me a more potent homeopathic to start using. At this point he thought we'd taken care of most of it, and this final push would resolve what was left.

After only a couple of doses of this new homeopathic ... *BAM*! Serious pain! The doctor checked me out and found out that the homeopathic had pushed too far too fast ... the infection had gone from chronic to sub-acute in less than 48 hours. *yikes!*

I was stuck in bed for most of January, doing herbs, homeopathics, and lymph treatments ... and praying I wouldn't have to have surgery.

Things eventually settled down, and now we're back to the point of trying to kill off the bugs that have apparently been in residence in my appendix for many years. I'm taking a number of strong herbal antimicrobials along with all my regular support supplements that help with detoxing.

It's incredible that there can be so many things going on in our bodies (latent infections, etc.) that we can be oblivious to for years. It never ceases to amaze me.

These appendix critters are pretty stubborn and don't seem to want to relinquish the ground they've taken. Well, I'm equally stubborn!! I'm determined to stay away from the surgeon's knife unless it becomes absolutely necessary.

The bright spot in all of this is that we now have a good idea why my recovery has been slower than the doctor expected. Once we get rid of this huge drain on my body's resources, I should feel much, much, much better. *YAAAAY!*

What's frustrating is that I have to be careful what I do because it's healing so darned slowly! If I spend too much time walking around doing stuff (say, if I go to a couple of stores and wander around for a little while) I end up with a sore appendix again. It's really a mess.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this ... maybe I just wanted to vent. ;-)

Some of you will probably say, "What the *%#$ are you doing?! Get to a hospital NOW!" I promise I'll do that if things get really bad. My doctor told me what to watch for so I'll know it if I'm really in trouble.

Right now I'm still determined to beat this without surgery. The doctor still believes this is possible and is doing his best to help me reach that goal.

Comments? Suggestions? Notes of encouragement? Scathing admonitions (well, hopefully not *too* scathing)? They're all welcome. I've been dealing with this mostly on my own so far, but have decided it's time for input from this fine crew. ;-)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Annoyed with my appendix, but smiling anyway...

Somalimom

[This message has been edited by Somalimom (edited 29 March 2005).]

Posts: 28 | From Texas, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lla2
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 2364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lla2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a nurse....you are fighting this now for what ...a year? have out your appendix and move on! then you can move on and fight other things in your body....you are fighting a downhill battle here...an appendix is useless, and it's a very simple procedure, that has you and and out of hte hospital on the same day!

you've been fiddling with this and feeling crappy for so long..why???? to avoid a simple surgery???you can heal and be totally done with it in less than 10 days...TOTALLY DONE WITH IT!! you say this is a huge drain on yoiur body and slowing your recovery...? be done with it in 4 hours and start to get better!!!! you could wait, it could get really infected, even burst, you get get poison all through your body, be in the hospital for months, even die? I've seen ithappen overnight to people who's appenidx wasn't 'that bad'...why fool around with it...and chance it????

I totally agree with homeopathics and other alternative therapies, that's how i got well from lyme disease...but something like appendicitis, needs to come out...just like i had to have my gallbladder out 2 weeks ago...I had it out and home in 4 hours..now i'm back to work adn feeling great again!

why mess around anymore with this? focus your homeopaths energy and good work on other things in your body....

L:isa

[This message has been edited by lla2 (edited 30 March 2005).]

[This message has been edited by lla2 (edited 30 March 2005).]

Posts: 4713 | From saunderstown, ri Usa | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement