LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » ANYONE W/ V.HIGH HSV1?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ANYONE W/ V.HIGH HSV1?
deliellie
Member # 8069

Icon 2 posted      Profile for deliellie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DR. HASN'T DX'D LYME YET.
SAYS MY LEFT SIDED CRAINIAL PAIN, LIGHT SENSITIVITY, & HYPERACUSIS IS FROM HERPES (HSV1)
I TAKE FAMOVIR FOR THE HERPES. [confused]
WHAT DO YOU THINK?

[ 13. October 2005, 12:37 PM: Message edited by: deliellie ]

Posts: 12 | From BOSTON, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Andie333
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Andie333     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Deliellie,
I have the Herpes simplex virus (have had it for years and years). I also have unilateral pain, sensory sensitivity and a host of other symptoms, most of which have surfaced in the last 2 years.

I was dx CDC positive with Lyme in June.

Hope this is helpful.

Andie

Posts: 2549 | From never never land | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A top llmd at a lyme conference earlier this year said that herpes is commonly part of the lyme picture.

In other words, an active chronic lyme infection comes about when the immune system is overwhelmed by infections (ie co-infections), viruses (ie herpes), heavy metals (think mercury amalgams) parasites, yeast, and other toxins.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
with herpes ,it helps to take herbs that help boost the immune system , including
lemon balm( melissa)
licorice
astragalus
echinacea
herpes is pretty common the herpes virus type 1 and 2, shingles and chicken pox are all herpes related viruses as well

--------------------
[email protected]

Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TEll your duck that it's common with lyme disease...quite possibly the same mistaken crossreference with helicobactor-pylori.....

I had a comprehensive panel done in between lyme wb's and showed herpes simplex one thru whatever....

your duck is searching for something that isn't there...just my opinion....zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymester
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cold Sore? Wow. This guy's good... for nothin'

Your topic question, yes for 20 yrs. I've been fortunate that it only occurs once every few years and minimally. However, during herx episode with combo of abx it occurred.

The next time I can't climb the staircase I'll blame that darn cold sore.

--------------------
Lymester

Posts: 519 | From CT | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Health
Member # 6034

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used olive leaf caps and it really helped me with the herpes the past month. BTW, I was OFF antibiotics treating with natural therapies, and I believe that is why the herpes became so bad, I have to now go back on antibiotics, which will hopefully work again. If you are on the right antibiotics, and the right therapy for lyme or coinfections, most times the herpes will go back into remission when the lyme is better.

I have the herpes canker sores, and use it to my advantage.... when it is rampant, something is VERY wrong with me, like the lyme is worse, or the candida is terrible.... when on antibiotics.

I have read that herpes can REALLY cause problems if the immune is low. I was reading in a health/MD book about the various strains of herpes, some can trigger autoimmune, others can cause blindness and I think? cancer, many other ill areas of health too. really unreal for me to read about.

Trish

Posts: 1250 | From Canada | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boomerang
Member # 7979

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Boomerang     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man......I feel like I'm getting more and more confused the more I read. ??
Posts: 1366 | From Southeast | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michelle M
Member # 7200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michelle M   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have just had a wicked cold sore appear on my top lip. Courtesy, I feel sure, of a new regime added in a week ago of Flagyl.

I only get them every couple of years if my immune system is really kicked down in the dirt.

That "Abreva" stuff (over the counter) seemed to really help to minimize it.

Love the opportunistic stuff that jumps in when you're down, huh?

:-)

Michelle

Posts: 3193 | From Northern California | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good friend of mine had the same thing and has been taking Valtrex for 6 months for it, no further outbreaks.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DolphinLady:
A top llmd at a lyme conference earlier this year said that herpes is commonly part of the lyme picture.

In other words, an active chronic lyme infection comes about when the immune system is overwhelmed by infections (ie co-infections), viruses (ie herpes), heavy metals (think mercury amalgams) parasites, yeast, and other toxins.

I agree! Mangosteen is also great to keep the viral load down. I have a friend who used to get cold sores constantly and they were terrible! She no longer gets them since she's been taking Xango. What a blessing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
deliellie
Member # 8069

Icon 6 posted      Profile for deliellie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR INPUT .
I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR RESPONSES AND HELP.
THIS FORUM HELPS ME FEEL LIKE I'M MOVING IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION. [lol]

Posts: 12 | From BOSTON, MA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
livinlyme
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for livinlyme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YUCK YUCK YUCK..
so what exactly do our bodies not have in them?
I'm starting to think we are a hotel for any parasite or bacteria or whatever that might come along..
can't we just lock the doors and say no freeloaders????

--------------------
"Hatred paralyzes life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it."

Posts: 1389 | From who knows, who cares, but somewhere over the rainbow | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement