LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Aggrenoxx? (= aspirin + dipyridamole): Your exxperience, if any

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Aggrenoxx? (= aspirin + dipyridamole): Your exxperience, if any
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aggrenox is supposded to decrease platelet aggregation; the dipyridamole, i think, is a coronary vasodilator.

researching this med now.

any expeerience, .insights, leads, comments, and so, very much appreciated..

will not be able to read replies until monday or some day next week.

thnks

ping

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UP

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

UP

--------------------
pingpong

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi pingpong!!!

Aggrenox
Active Ingredients: Aspirin and Extended-Release Dipyridamole
Representative Names: Aggrenox
Available Product Images:

What are aspirin-dipyridamole capsules?
What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine?
How should I take this medicine?
What if I miss a dose?
What drug(s) may interact with aspirin-dipyridamole?
What side effects may I notice from taking aspirin-dipyridamole?
What should I watch for while taking aspirin-dipyridamole?
Where can I keep my medicine?

What are aspirin-dipyridamole capsules? (Back to top)
ASPIRIN-DIPYRIDAMOLE (Aggrenox�) decreases the risk of stroke in patients who have had a stroke or transient ischemic attack (known as a 'TIA' or 'mini-stroke'). Generic aspirin-dipyridamole combinations are not available.

What should I tell my health care provider before I take this medicine? (Back to top)
They need to know if you have any of these conditions:
*anemia
*asthma
*bleeding or clotting problems
*drink more than 3 alcohol-containing beverages a day
*gout
*kidney disease
*liver disease
*lupus (SLE)
*nasal polyps
*skin problems
*smoke tobacco
*stomach ulcers, or other stomach problems
*thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (TTP)
*vitamin K deficiency
*an unusual or allergic reaction to aspirin, dipyridamole, tartrazine dye, other medicines, dyes, or preservatives
*pregnant or trying to get pregnant
*breast-feeding

How should I take this medicine? (Back to top)
Take the capsules by mouth with a glass of water. The capsules must be swallowed whole; do not crush or chew. Follow the directions on the label. Take your doses at regular intervals. Do not take your medicine more often than directed.

This medicine is not intended for children.

What if I miss a dose? (Back to top)
If you are taking aspirin on a regular schedule and miss a dose, take it as soon as you can. If it is almost time for your next dose, take only that dose. Do not take double or extra doses.

What drug(s) may interact with aspirin-dipyridamole? (Back to top)
*alcohol
*acetazolamide
*alendronate
*antiinflammatory drugs (NSAIDs such as ibuprofen)
*aspirin-containing medicines or other salicylates
*blood thinners (anticoagulants), antiplatelet drugs, or other drugs which may affect bleeding (example: warfarin)
*fish oil (omega-3 fatty acids) supplements
*herbal medicines or dietary supplements like feverfew, garlic pills, ginger, gingko biloba, or horse chestnut
*hormones such as prednisone or cortisone
*medicines for diabetes that are taken by mouth
*medicines for high blood pressure (beta-blockers or ACE inhibitors)
*methotrexate
*medicines for seizures (phenytoin or valproic acid)
*porfimer
*probenecid
*steroids (such as dexamethasone)
*sulfinpyrazone
*vaccines for chickenpox (varicella virus vaccine live)
*water pills (diuretics)

Tell your prescriber or health care professional about all other medicines you are taking, including non-prescription medicines, nutritional supplements, or herbal products. Also tell your prescriber or health care professional if you are a frequent user of drinks with caffeine or alcohol, if you smoke, or if you use illegal drugs. These may affect the way your medicine works. Check with your health care professional before stopping or starting any of your medicines.

What side effects may I notice from taking aspirin-dipyridamole? (Back to top)
Side effects that you should report to your prescriber or health care professional as soon as possible:
*black, tarry stools
*chest pain or palpitations
*confusion
*difficulty breathing, wheezing
*dizziness or fainting spells
*drowsiness or weakness
*pain on swallowing
*redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth or nose
*ringing in the ears
*seizures
*skin rash
*stomach pain
*unusual bleeding or bruising, red or purple spots on the skin
*vomiting up blood, or what looks like coffee grounds

Side effects that usually do not require medical attention (report to your prescriber or health care professional if they continue or are bothersome):
*diarrhea
*flushing, reddening, or itching of the skin
*headache (if they occur, headaches may occur over time while receiving the drug)
*nausea, vomiting
*reduced amount of urine passed
*stomach gas, heartburn

What should I watch for while taking aspirin-dipyridamole? (Back to top)
Only take other aspirin products if prescribed by your prescriber or health care professional. Many non-prescription medicines contain aspirin as an ingredient. To prevent accidental aspirin overdose, read labels carefully and do not take more than one product that contains aspirin.

If you are diabetic, aspirin may alter your blood sugar levels. Check with your prescriber or health care professional before you change your diet or the dose of your diabetic medicine.

Aspirin can irritate your stomach. Drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes can make this irritation worse and may cause ulcers or bleeding problems. Ask your prescriber or health care professional for help to stop smoking or drinking. Do not lie down for 30 minutes after taking aspirin to prevent irritation to your throat.

If you are receiving cancer chemotherapy or other immunosuppression medicine, do not take aspirin without checking with your prescriber or health care professional. Aspirin may hide the signs of an infection such as fever or pain and increase your risk of bleeding.

Prior to and after surgery or dental procedures, you may need to avoid taking aspirin. However, in some cases your prescriber may tell you to continue taking aspirin for its heart protection effects. Aspirin can interfere with your body's ability to stop bleeding. Discuss your aspirin; dipyridamole therapy with your surgeon or dentist at least 1 week prior to any procedures.

Where can I keep my medicine? (Back to top)
Keep out of the reach of children in a container that small children cannot open. Even small doses of aspirin can be dangerous to small children and pets.

Store at room temperature, between 15 and 30 degrees C (59 and 86 degrees F). Protect from excessive heat and moisture. Throw away any unused medicine after the expiration date.

Last Updated:11/06/2003

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Tutu,
Thanks a million!

[group hug]

--------------------
pingpong

pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

up

--------------------
pingpong

pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

up

--------------------
pingpong

pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

UP

--------------------
pingpong

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement