LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » On Vitamin D, fwiw

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On Vitamin D, fwiw
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Med Hypotheses. 1990 Mar;31(3):165-70.

Testing the usefulness of twin formation theory: the tocopherols and vitamin D.
Kunst L, Ladas H.

Hunter College CUNY, NYC 10021.

The theoretical and empirical search for biologically and pharmacologically active molecules has long been of interest.

In 1965 Revici proposed a class of biologically and pharmacologically active molecules which he described as having twin formations.

Twin formations are defined as molecules containing two or more adjacent carbon atoms having the same induced electrical charge.

An examination of recently discovered facts about the biological activity of the tocopherol family and of vitamin D lends support to this concept, which if true, could greatly facilitate selection of promising pharmacological substances for testing.
PMID: 2345533

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI, Pingpong -

I have no idea what this means. Do you?

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

I think it means the pharmaceutical companies want to clone natural nutrients and make money, money, money. What other reason would there be. We can already get those now, for real.

Why would we need copies ? It's not nice to fool mother nature.

They may have the same carbon atoms, but something would have to be different if they are going to get a patent, I think.

Unless they would try to get a patent on actual Vit. D or E somehow. I guess if someone else can own a patent on anyone's blood, who know what would be allowed.

And, it's true, if a patient has a blood test done and a researcher finds something unique, the patient doesn't even have to know that the research can just take that for their own gain in the name of research and development (and sales).

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There already is a patent on a vitamin D production process, and it was granted shortly after the discovery of the vitamin, but not by the discoverer. Someone found that a fungus elaborates a cholesterol like substance (ergosterol) and when that substance is exposed to UV light, it is converted to a vitamin D like substance, ergocalciferol. The process is inexpensive, and can be manipulated to produce oodles of ergo. The kicker is, Ergocalciferol is only about 25% as effective as the natural vitamin D we make from sunshine, so you would need 3-4 times as much in your blood to get the same effect as your own natural vitamin D and to get a level of ergo that high, you's be flirting with vitamin D toxicity. Now also realize that ergocalciferol is the form of vitamin D that foods are fortified with, it's cheap, remember?...Makes you wonder dunnit?
Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Truthfinder
Member # 8512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Truthfinder     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmmm.

So, what do you take to supplement your Vit D intake, doc?

It's currently 18 below zero here so I've little interest in sunbathing at the moment - although it looks like another sunny, frigid day. [Smile]

--------------------
Tracy
.... Prayers for the Lyme Community - every day at 6 p.m. Pacific Time and 9 p.m. Eastern Time � just take a few moments to say a prayer wherever you are�.

Posts: 2966 | From Colorado | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DoctorLuddite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look for a vitamin D product that specifically states that is derived from fish or cod liver oil, that is the closest to our natural sun derived D. Fish derived D does not come in doses over 1000 Iu, so if a product says 2000, 5000, 10000, or 50000 units, it is either ergo, or a lanolin derived product and not as effective as sun induced or fish derived...
Posts: 442 | From Biddeford, ME | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie tony z
Member # 5130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie tony z     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there Pong....

How about explaining a practical use for this

If quantum physics is telling us that when one atom of say the gas helium is taken to -.000001 kelvin while placed under pressure and then lazer cooled to perhaps -.000000001 kelvin it displays properties of a wave that includes atoms which can have the same properties of energy at two ends of the universe and display these properties simultaneously.

how do you add this mechanism into the manufacture of a more potent vitamin D?

And yo, How does that help the human suffering from Paget's syndrome or the resorption of calcium once the body past menopause male or female starts consuming it's own skeletal structure...causing osteoporosis?

zman

--------------------
I am not a doctor...opinions expressed are from personal experiences only and should never be viewed as coming from a healthcare provider. zman

Posts: 2527 | From safety harbor florida(origin Cleve., Ohio | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

I don't know how the quantum physical explanation for observing identical phenomena simultaneously at two ends of a universe can help, but anyone with post meno- or andro-pause problem should be closely following their vitamin D levels, as the hormone form will substitute somewhat for the missing Growth Hormone...
Cold Feet
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cold Feet   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just to add to this multifaceted discussion...

I've been on the frequently discussed Marshall Protocol for 15 months, and have experienced remarkable progress. I seem to have had the deepest "cleansing" or herxing in the winter months -- when I get very little sunshine.

As many of you know vitamin D is said to be a seco-steroid, which has a suppressive effect on the immune function. A recent technical paper I read demonstrates shows how D can alter the biochemistry of the spinal disc nucleus (I can send you the paper & PowerPoint).

If one has a "normal and healthy" immune system, and they are free of stealth pathogens, maybe dietary D is a good thing. But by recognizing the "duplicity of D," I have my life back!

If anyone wants more information or insights, feel free to email or PM. I am no one's "groupee" and just want to help.

[Smile]

--------------------
My biofilm film: www.whyamistillsick.com
2004 Mycoplasma Pneumonia
2006 Positive after 2 years of hell
2006-08 Marshall Protocol. Killed many bug species
2009 - Beating candida, doing better
Lahey Clinic in Mass: what a racquet!

Posts: 830 | From Mass. | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DoctorLuddite
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13853

That's only partly true, it is a seco-steroid, but its effect on the immune system is regulatory, not suppressive. You say you herxed more in the winter months; that means you felt lousy more often in the winter months, and that is consistent with a low vitamin D level, Lyme disease or not. While there may be elements of the Marshall protocol that will benefit someone with immune system challenge through detoxification and nutrient repletion, limiting vitamin D intake and production can only be detrimental to good health, and will likely prolong whatever illness is present. In addition, a study in "Stroke" demonstrated that vitamin D deficiency is present in most cases of acute stroke. It would be interesting to look at all comers who went on the Marshall protocol to see if there was a tendency to stroke...and if there was such a tendency, it was likely (and erroneously) attributed to Lyme sequellae, and not D deficiency.

[ 17. January 2008, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: DoctorLuddite ]

pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pingpong     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
back in day(s) for reply.
for now must go.

best i recall from revici's work, 'twin formation' means two adjacent atoms in an organic molecule that have the same electic charge. in inorganic ceemistry, this is not a stable atomic arrangement, as like charges repel.

no, i'm not a chemist, but tis is my understanding.

when i find my memory stick, i can post more on this.

see text of emmanual revici, m.d.
aearch of this site should pull up title of his
book.

fwiw, i thought i'd post this, esp. w/ injunctions against its supplemental use by a certain medical 'regimen', employment of which, would result, and heas resulted in, a severe vit. d deficit, and 'visits' to the e.r. by some with adrenal failure, and other, concommitent, conditone deriving both thereby,t herefrom.
i never did regimen i allude to.

will be back on this topic when i find my memory stick for the files it contains on vit. d.

scientists and medical people, either with, or without lyme can further contribute to this thread, if they so elect to do so. many more of these on this board more qualified than i.

good luck [group hug]

--------------------
pingpong

Posts: 361 | From At the Pingpong Tournament | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pingpong
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13706

zman,

the potency/functoinal value/properties of vit.d3 is correlated with adjacent carbon atoms
in its structure having the same induced electric charge.

--------------------
pingpong

B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You may be interested in reading this paper.
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
B R H
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12159

Icon 1 posted      Profile for B R H     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DoctorLuddite:
While there may be elements of the Marshall protocol that will benefit someone with immune system challenge through detoxification and nutrient repletion...

Exactly what elements?

quote:
In addition, a study in "Stroke" demonstrated that vitamin D deficiency is present in most cases of acute stroke.

"Present" but not "causal." That distinction is important!

quote:
It would be interesting to look at all comers who went on the Marshall protocol to see if there was a tendency to stroke...and if there was such a tendency, it was likely (and erroneously) attributed to Lyme sequellae, and not D deficiency.

I've never seen a single report of stroke while on MP. Since the FDA monitors the MP website, I'm sure any such incident wouldn't go unnoticed.
Posts: 246 | From Grass Valley, CA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering if canned salmon had any Vitamin D left it in it after processing?

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement