LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Allicin - Allisure AC-23 kills lyme in all forms?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Allicin - Allisure AC-23 kills lyme in all forms?
lymielauren28
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my never ending quest to find alternatives to go along with my antibiotics I stumbled across this product: Allisure AC-23...which is stabilized allicin extract ie. ...garlic! On there website they claim to have done studies where allicin has effectively killed bb in the spirochete and cystic form and has also killed the new superbug MRSA. It is also supposedly extremely effective against yeast, viruses and protazoa, as well as being a natural deterrant to ticks, fleas and mosquitoes. Anybody ever heard of this product or tried it??? [..."The only way out is through."QUOTE] [/QUOTE]

--------------------
"The only way out is through"

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SForsgren
Member # 7686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SForsgren         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was interested in this at one point and bought some and energetically tested it on several people and never found it to test all that well. A few people that I know that have taken it didn't report any significant improvements.

--------------------
Be well,
Scott

Posts: 4617 | From San Jose, CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blackstone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've not used that item, but I have used garlic (Zhang's blend) It didn't seem to do a whole lot for me, except stink.

Fun fact: at least for me, I could barely stand the smell of the capsules for a day or two. After that, I couldn't smell them as especially harsh anymore. THough, my breath constantly smelled like garlic to others,even if I couldn't smell it myself!

Posts: 690 | From East coast, USA | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymielauren28     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Phooey! Oh well...kinda sounded too good to be true anyways. Thanks for replying!

--------------------

Posts: 1434 | From mississippi | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cass A
Member # 11134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cass A     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I asked Buhner (author of the book on herbal healing of Lyne) and he replied that no form of garlic gets into the brain, which is where much of the Bb lives.

If you look at Planetthrive.com, you can see his comments on this issue.

Best,

Cass A

Posts: 1245 | From Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tried AliMax & it didn't help. They make all kind of claims but I don't think they are true (or accurate).

I was taking it for about a month & it didn't even prevent me from getting a cold. The manufacturer says to take it for a month to get rid of lingering colds but by that time most people would be better by resting & drinking water...

It's not worth the price. I think if you are going to take garlic it's best to mash up a clove & eat it right away on bread. That way you know the active ingredients are still present.

I don't think all these pill form garlic supplements are worth taking when you can easily buy the real thing in most any supermarket.

Once the active ingredients in the garlic are exposed to air (or heated) - it becomes non-potent as a remedy. I'm not a scientist but it just makes sense to me.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Garlic (freeze dried - dissolved a minute in warm water) was by far the most effective anti-Lyme, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, anti-fungal for me. If I could afford only one medicine, that's the one I would pick. I took 9-12 capsules to titration and stuck with it reducing as I went along until well. It always tested well with ART (Autonomic Response Testing) a type of energetic testing.

Here are all the discussions on garlic that have taken place on this board. Happy reading!

Take care.

Muscle testing what is it and hoax or not? 02 September, 2007 Medical Questions

Riamet 19 July, 2007 Medical Questions

Are there ANY garlic supplements worth buying? 04 December, 2006 Medical Questions

Update: Garlic juice is working? 21 November, 2006 Medical Questions
Has anyone had any help from garlic, sauna or hyperbaric oxygen therapy? 03 November, 2006 Medical Questions
Gigi ........... Allimax ? 30 October, 2006 Medical Questions
garlic IV's 24 October, 2006 Medical Questions
? about zhang's herbs 14 October, 2006 Medical Questions
Don't Feed the Bugs 12 October, 2006 Medical Questions
Garlic- When and with What? 09 October, 2006 Medical Questions
how much garlic?? 28 June, 2006 Medical Questions
Garlic -- freeze-dried or fresh? Gigi? 10 May, 2006 Medical Questions
GARLIC - freeze dried or raw???& more ?? 22 March, 2006 Medical Questions
Andrographis 16 March, 2006 Medical Questions
More on Garlic, metals and bugs 10 March, 2006 Medical Questions
A few Antibiotics and a Lot of Freeze-dried Garlic 09 March, 2006 Medical Questions
garlic 25 January, 2006 Medical Questions
Sauerkraut - how to make it - the healthy way 24 January, 2006 Medical Questions
Whole Clove Garlic vs. Freeze Dried for Candida? 01 September, 2005 Medical Questions
Heavy metal and mold tests 19 August, 2005 Medical Questions
Garlic Heals 23 May, 2005 Medical Questions
How to keep the Kidneys "Open" 17 May, 2005 Medical Questions
The Garlic Plunge 13 May, 2005 Medical Questions
DMSA challange for metal toxicity 18 February, 2005 Medical Questions
MSM - a nutrient for detox 12 February, 2005 Medical Questions
Garlic allergies 25 January, 2005 Medical Questions
If you are fighting candida, please note 30 December, 2004 Medical Questions
anybody heard about Dr Zhang? 06 August, 2004 Medical Questions

You can read the various posts by doing a search on "garlic GiGi"

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymielauren28
Member # 13742

Tabers and sparkle....jeez, that sucks!!! Gigi thank you so much for all the info on the old posts. I guess I've just kind of hit a point where I'm at a dead end. I've been on abx for a year and am dealing with my second relapse - uuugggh! At this point I would drink a bottle of bleach if I knew it would "cure" me!

--------------------

LuLuFlorida
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LuLuFlorida     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My old LLMD thought that this was a very good product. There is a reason hes my old LLMD though...

--------------------
"One day at a time"

Current:
-1.2 IM bicillin three times a week
-1.25 IV Vancomycin every day
-IV glutathione and IM B12
-Byron White since Jan. 2011
-ALA, Yasko protocal, Adapten-All, thyrosol, Pekano, phosphalipid exchange, probiotics, oregano...

Posts: 390 | From FLORIDA | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The freeze dried garlic sounds like it may be good. I think Dr. Zhang recommends it.

I don't know about the pills like AlliMax, etc. The do make big claims but I just can't see how the elements of the garlic can stay intact.

I read somewhere that the beneficial effects of the garlic is in 2 components. When the components are smashed together it creates a synergy - the 2 parts combined are greater than the whole (so to speak).

This only lasts for a few minutes, though - maybe up to 10 or 15. I just don't see how any product that is in pill form can still be viable as a medicine. I might be wrong...

Just seems best & cheaper to get some garlic cloves & mash 'em up, baby...

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

PS - Thanks for the posts GiGi... I'll check them when it's not so late.

I'm beginning to think the simple cures can be very effective.

jamescase20
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I remember correctly dr mercola you ALL have to know who he is, btw, hes lives in chicago too (I live close ) anyway, I think he said no garlic has ANY ANY value at all, unless its FRESH. thats my 2 cents.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement