LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » More info from Dr.Klinghardt - alternative protocol

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: More info from Dr.Klinghardt - alternative protocol
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(I'll break it up when I have more time - it's late!)

http://www.geocities.com/gallisto1/Klinghardt.html

A Few Words on Chronic Lyme Disease by Dietrich Klinghardt PhD/MD

Chronic Lyme disease is a fast-spreading problem in the USA and worldwide.

Classical Lyme disease is caused by a bacterial spirochete called Borrelia burgdorferi.

Conventional belief attributes Lyme Disease conveyance through tick bites.

Interestingly to the physician, more recent literature has shown that also certain stinging flies, spiders and even some mosquitoes can infect humans with this spirochete.

This means that the disease vector can be more widespread than previously anticipated.

Lyme disease typically does not occur alone but together with a number of co-infections.

Classical Lyme disease, also known as Borrelia, affects the immune system in predictable ways:

it lowers the white blood count and lessens the host��s immunity.

When the immune system becomes dysfunctional, the patients then become infected with a multitude of secondary bacterial, fungal, mycoplasmal and viral infections.

A necessary co-condition for the thriving of infectious organisms in the system is the presence of toxic metals and other environmental toxins.

Chronic Lyme disease affects the immune system by rendering it blind to the existence of Borrelia and other co-infections, including parasites.

Lyme can also affect the musculo-skeletal system with recurrent joint problems and fibromyalgia type pain.

A third presentation affects the central nervous system with a multitude of related symptoms including emotional changes, psychiatric problems and neurological problems, i.e. numbness, paralysis and strange abnormal sensations.

The area most commonly affected is the brain and the face including the teeth, jawbone, ears and sinuses.

The symptoms are caused by the presence of neurotoxins that are created by the organisms.

Neurotoxins are usually peptides and other substances intended to alter the host��s immune system and make the host a comfortable environment for the proliferation of Borrelia and the co-infections.

It is our experience that most Lyme patients, by the time the infection has become chronic, have multiple parasites in their bowel.

Co-infections from the herpes virus family, Coxsackie��s viruses, influenza viruses, echo viruses and the measles virus seem to be common.

Frequently they also have one of several mycoplasma species present and a multitude of other bacterial infections. Fungi always thrive in a Lyme-infected patient.

The treatment therefore needs to be broad based and address all these co-infections in order to succeed.

Treatment for Lyme disease is often unsuccessful when it targets only the Lyme spirochete but not the existing co-infections.

In Summary

1) Borrelia affects the immune system by lessening the host��s immunity.

2) The host becomes a comfortable environment for co-infections.

3) Treatment needs to be broad based, addressing co-infections.

A Few Words on the GI Tract

It is imperative to understand that the reservoir for many of these co-infections is the gastrointestinal (GI) tract.

It typically contains eight to twelve pounds of living organisms.

Many of these in the chronic Lyme patient are parasites and abnormal bacteria, fungi, viruses and mycoplasmas, which set up housekeeping in the gut and spread from there periodically to the other tissues.

In terms of sheer numbers, the GI tract is home to 100,000 billion microorganisms at any one point in time.

Considering that the average person has approximately 10,000 billion mammalian cells in their body, one could say there are 10 times more of ��them�� than of ��us��.

The monolayer of epithelial cells of the intestinal mucosa constitutes the largest surface in the body that is exposed to the environment.

In other words, one cell layer separates you from the outside world in your GI tract! It is estimated that this mucosal surface is equal to the size of two tennis courts.

The gut can turn into a storehouse of infectious organisms and must be understood in order to be treated successfully.

A Few Words on Pharmax Nutriceuticals

I have chosen the nutriceuticals from Pharmax LLC for dealing with many of the issues outlined in this article.

Firstly, the company is co-owned by brilliant researchers who have spent years in the trenches as research microbiologists.

Secondly, they manufacture their own nutriceuticals with strict quality controls, as reflected in their ISO 9001 certification.

Most companies merely repackage products manufactured elsewhere.

As a prime manufacturer, Pharmax produce their own base materials and their unique freeze-drying technology enables the company to use a solvent-free manufacturing process.

Thirdly, I find the products are pure and intelligently designed.

Specific Treatment for Co-infections in the GI Tract

1) Freeze Dried Garlic (700mg freeze dried garlic concentrate [Allium sativum] per capsule)

The active antimicrobial in garlic is allicin (Ankri & Mirelman, 1999).

It has MIC (minimum inhibitory concentration) values very similar to antibiotics and antifungals for their prospective targeted organism.

For example, the MIC for Staphylococcus aureus is 26, Escherichia coli is 44 and Candida albicans is 36 (these are all astoundingly low numbers, indicating that allicin is a potent antibiotic or antifungal for these organisms!).

Allicin also kills protozoa��s such as Cryptosporidium, E. histolytica (Mirelman et al., 1987) and Giardia (Harris et al., 2000).

Allicin is effective against viruses such as the Rotavirus (Blake, 1983), Influenza virus (Fenwick & Hanley, 1985) and viruses from the herpes family (i.e. HHV-6 and others), to name just a few (Tsai et al., 1985).

Yet it is not cytotoxic and does not harm the beneficial bacteria in the gut, i.e. the lactic acid bacteria such as Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum (Rees et al., 1993).

In treatment, I advise 2 capsules after each meal - a total of between 4 and 6 capsules each day.

2) AlliCinn (500mg freeze dried garlic concentrate [Allium sativum], 200mg freeze dried cinnamon bark oil concentrate [Cinnamomum cassia] per capsule)

If tolerated, it is preferred to use the Pharmax product called AlliCinn.

The cinnamaldehydes have a wonderful antibacterial action (Chang et al., 2001).

However, sometimes a patient gets cramps as a side effect and cannot tolerate the cinnamon oils.

In that case we either discontinue this product, or add two drops of peppermint oil every time the patient takes a capsule of the AlliCinn. The peppermint oil completely prevents the cramping and therefore makes the AlliCinn well tolerated.

I generally give 2 capsules, three times a day after a meal.

3) Antimicrobial Complex (200mg barberry bark standardized extract [Berberis vulgaris], 50mg goldenseal standardized extract [Hydrastis canadensis], 100mg freeze dried garlic concentrate [Allium sativum], 50mg freeze dried wormwood oil concentrate [Artemesia absinthium] per capsule)

We also include the Antimicrobial Complex to treat other often-undefined bacterial co-infections.

Artemesia absinthium has been shown to be an ideal agent to treat Babesia, which is one of the organisms frequently present as a co-infection with Lyme disease (it is an intracellular parasite similar to malaria).

Berberis vulgaris is a potent antibacterial agent (Ruggeri et al., 1991).

I generally advise one capsule, three times a day with meals.

4) Intestinal Purifier (3g psyllium husk, 1.75g FOS, 1g L-glutamine, 2g resistant starches, 2g freeze dried prune puree and 0.25g quercetin per 10g scoop)

We recommend a fiber laxative along with the treatment so that the dead microorganisms can be carried out of the system easier.

To this end, we use Pharmax��s product Intestinal Purifier, which acts like a stool expander.

It turns the stool into a brush, cleaning the bowel wall of the residues of dead or ailing microorganisms and parasites.

I give one scoop (10 grams) mixed with water or juice and taken with a meal.

5) HLC High Potency (4 billion Lactobacillus acidophilus and Bifidobacterium bifidum per capsule)

To replace the normal bowel flora, we always recommend Pharmax��s human lactic commensals, i.e. HLC High Potency for bowel restoration.

I recommend 1 - 2 capsules after each meal.

6) Intestinal Complex (150mg slippery elm bark extract 4:1 [Ulmus fulva], 100mg marshmallow root extract 4:1 [Althaea officinalis], 85mg camomile flower standardized extract [Matricaria recutita], 100mg marigold flower extract 4:1 [Calendula officinalis], 50mg licorice root standardized extract [Glycyrrhiza glabra], 50mg gamma-oryzanol per capsule).

In addition, we also include the Intestinal Complex.

The slippery elm bark prevents the reattachment of freshly hatched worms to the bowel wall.

The other ingredients have a synergistic effect and a relative laxative effect that is desired during this phase of the treatment period.

I give one capsule, three times a day with meals.

7) Permeability Complex I (1,500mg FOS, 1,000mg L-glutamine, 500mg aspartic acid, 500mg L-arginine, 20mg magnesium, 330mg vitamin C, 100mg N-acetyl glucosamine [NAG], 100mg quercetin, 15mg zinc, 20mg essential oil of ginger [Zingiber officinale], 5,000iu vitamin A, 100iu vitamin E)

Provides luminal nutrients for a healthy GI mucosa (Souba, 1990).

I advise 1 �V2 scoops (5 �V 10 grams), three times a day with meals

Specific Treatment for Borrelia, Ehrlichiosis, Babesia and Mycoplasma Infections

1) Freeze Dried Garlic (700mg freeze dried garlic concentrate [Allium sativum] per capsule)

For the specific treatment of Borrelia, we use Freeze Dried Garlic in the dose already recommended.

The garlic will first eliminate the microorganisms and parasites in the bowel before the allicin and its breakdown products can be active in the connective tissue and later also in the brain.

Allicin, the primary active ingredient, has been shown to cross the blood-brain barrier and it is a surprisingly effective antimicrobial agent against the Lyme spirochete even in the brain and the CNS.

However, high doses are recommended, usually upwards from 5,600mg total daily intake given in divided doses every 6 hours.

This translates to 4 capsules QID.

The way I often titrate the individual dose is by body odor.

When a patient gets a slight garlic body odor, the desired dosage is reached.

2) Pyloricin (700mg total capsule fill of freeze dried oregano oil concentrate [Thymus capitus], freeze dried clove oil concentrate [Syzygium aromaticum], freeze dried ginger oil concentrate [Zingiber officinale] and freeze dried wormwood oil concentrate [Artemesia absinthium])

Babesia, Ehrlichiosis and Borrelia are often sensitive to the product Pyloricin.

The most effective ingredient here is again oil of artemesia for its tremendous effect on Babesia.

The second most important ingredient is the oregano oil, which we found to be most effective against Borrelia, Babesia, Ehrlichiosis and Mycoplasmas.

Clove oil and ginger have a synergistic effect.

I usually give one capsule TID taken on an empty stomach along with the rest of the program. (Again, if the patient experiences cramping as a result of the treatment, a drop or two of peppermint oil in a little bit of water taken at the same time will alleviate the symptoms. Peppermint also potentiates the effect of all the other essential oils.)

Specific Treatment for Yeast Infections

In my experience, freeze dried garlic is most often sufficient in eliminating yeasts, which is consistent with the recent literature (Ghannoum, 1988; Yoshida et al., 1987; Adetumbi et al., 1986; Sandhu et al., 1980).

I give 2 capsules TID with meals. Other beneficial products can be added to the protocol such as Colon Guard and Caprylate Complex.

2) Colon Guard (350mg freeze dried garlic concentrate[Allium sativum], 60mg freeze-dried cinnamon bark oil concentrate[Cinnamomum cassia], 150mg magnesium caprylate, 215mg calcium caprylate per capsule)

Caprylic acid has been shown for many years to be a very active anti-fungal along with freeze-dried garlic (Yoshida et al., 1987) and cinnamon oil (Singh et al., 1995).

I give 2 capsules with each meal.

3) Caprylate Complex (500mg magnesium caprylate and calcium caprylate per capsule)

I also use Caprylate Complex.

I give one capsule three times per day with meals along with Colon Guard if fungal infection predominates.

Summary of the Protocol for Co-infections

1. Freeze Dried Garlic or AlliCinn: 2 capsules three times daily with meals.

2. Antimicrobial Complex: One capsule three times daily with meals.

3. Pyloricin: One capsule twice daily with meals.

4. HLC High Potency: One capsule twice daily with meals.

5. Intestinal Complex: One capsule three times daily with meals.

6. Intestinal Purifier: One 10g scoop taken once daily with a meal.

7. Colon Guard: 2 capsules three times daily with meals.

8. Caprylate Complex: One capsule three times daily with meals.

9. Permeability 1 One to 2 scoops twice daily with meals

Detoxification

Heavy metals and environmental toxins change the inner environment of the patient.

This milieu is a necessary sine qua non for the presence of harmful microorganisms and the inability of the immune system to deal with them.

Therefore, every patient with chronic Lyme Disease has to be detoxified.

We have developed new simple steps in the elimination of toxic metals from the body.

We are using a product that contains a large amount of branched chained amino acids and is most effective in detoxifying heavy metals from the central nervous system.

Also, glutathione is critically important and must be added.

Detoxification Treatment - One Year Duration.

1) BMI Balance (100��g chromium, 23.75g whey protein concentrate, 1.5g conjugated linolenic acid, 225mg L-carnitine, 1.2g FOS per 30g scoop)

It is made from whey protein, which contains these important amino acids in ideal amounts.

I get patients to take 30g per meal.

2) Glutathione Precursors (300mg N-acetyl cysteine, 200mg glutamic acid, 200mg alpha-lipoic acid per capsule)

Glutathione is needed by the cell to detoxify itself from heavy metals and other toxins (Srivastava et al., 2002). It is also an effective antiviral agent (Clarke et al., 2002). Glutathione Precursors contains alpha lipoic acid and N-acetyl cysteine, which are effective heavy metal detox agents on their own (Kelly, 1998; Hagen et al., 2002).

Glutathione Precursors is always advised. I give one to 3 capsules per day to raise glutathione levels.

Mineral Replacement Treatment

Metals are bound to various structures in the connective tissue, the cell walls and the surfaces of intracellular organelles.

They are in the cell on binding sites that are usually reserved for other beneficial minerals.

Only when the body is depleted of minerals do heavy metals permanently attach to those sites.

In order to displace the heavy metals from those binding sites, the system has to be saturated with beneficial minerals.

1) Trace Mineral Complex (20mg iron, 10mg manganese, 200��g chromium, 200��g selenium, 200��g iodine, 1mg copper, 25mg zinc, 200��g molybdenum, 100��g vanadium, 2mg boron, 450mg vitamin C, 25��g nickel, 35��g of silica per capsule - all listed in elemental amounts).

I recommend one capsule with each meal for 6 to 12 months.

2) Selenium CWS (100��g elemental selenium per drop)

Selenium is our prime agent to treat the chronic viral co-infections (Beck, 2001; Beck et al., 2001).

Selenium works like a birth control pill for viruses.

It stops viral replication. However, the dosage needed is higher than the normal recommended dosages of selenium.

The patient should have a total input of selenium of about 1,200��g per day to reach an effective antiviral level.

This should be sustained no longer than 6 months before the maintenance dose of 200 to 400��g is reached.

We use the Selenium CWS, which is dropped over the patients�� food.

When minerals or vitamins are taken with food we have observed that the patient hardly ever becomes allergic to them.

When they are taken away from food the patient often becomes sensitized to it.

I advise 12 drops per day over food for 6 months.

3) Trace Mineral CWS (50��g chromium, 50��g selenium, 50��g molybdenum, 50��g boron, 50mg manganese, 50��g of iodine per 4 drops - all listed in elemental amounts.)

To increase the mineral uptake, we also use the Trace Mineral CWS, which does not contain zinc and is therefore ideal to increase the mineral levels without increasing the zinc.

Zinc is a potentiating agent for mercury toxicity and has to be dosed carefully.

I typically advise adding 5 to 10 drops of the Trace Mineral CWS, ideally taken in salad dressing or soup, to the 3 capsules of the Trace Mineral Complex.

4) Mag:Cal Citrate (75mg calcium, 75mg magnesium, 100��g boron, 15mg of vitamin B6 per capsule - the minerals are listed in elemental amounts.)

Most patients with heavy metal toxicity need extra calcium and magnesium.

I typically give 2 to 4 capsules of the Mag:Cal Citrate, to be taken with the evening meal.

Summary of the Detoxification and Mineral Replacement Protocols

1. BMI Balance: One scoop (30grams) per meal replacement, with water or milk for one year.

2. Glutathione Precursors: One capsule per day, taken with food for one year.

3. Trace Mineral Complex: One capsule with each meal for 6 to 12 months.

4. Selenium CWS: 12 drops per day dropped over food, for 6 months.

5. Trace Mineral CWS: 5 to 10 drops with each capsule dose of the Trace Mineral Complex.

6. Mag:Cal Citrate: 2 to 4 capsules with the evening meal.

Treating Neurological Symptoms

When the patient��s presentation is primarily neurological, we have to pay attention to the fatty acids.

Fatty acids make up 80% of the weight of the brain, and are necessary to maintain healthy barriers within the brain.

The cell walls are made up to a large degree of lipids that can only be intact if a patient has a good input of lipids on a daily basis.

Fish oil and fish oil derivatives are the most important component to be observed in the treatment of Lyme Disease.

My current most popular way of dosing this is to use DriCelle EFA 950.

1) DriCelle EFA 950 (300mg DHA, 400mg EPA, 100mg GLA, 150mg ALA per teaspoon)

This equals the total input of EPA of about 800mg per day.

This is also an effective dose in the treatment of cancer and extremely effective in stopping the replication of viruses.

Therefore it is an important part of the antiviral program.

I recommend one half-teaspoon DriCelle EFA 950 QID
It is best to test the different oil products with ART or EAV, or through Ared-cell Membrane Fatty Acid Test.

The current ��Body Bio Fatty Acid Test�� is also good. The test, however, overlooks the fact that we like patients to have extremely high levels of EPA and DHA in the abnormal range, which is protective against viral replication and neurological damage from Lyme disease.

Whenever the patient takes oils that are meant to be absorbed into the blood and to then travel from there into the brain, the oil absorption should be enhanced by giving an enzyme with a high amount of lipase.

We therefore recommend that the patient take the product called:

2) Pure Pancreatin (700mg vegetable pancreatin per capsule)

Each capsule contains 11,200 lipase USP units.

I therefore recommend that patients should take 1 to 2 capsules every time one of the essential oils from Pharmax is used.

Summary for Treating Neurological Symptoms

1. DriCelle EFA 950 One half teaspoon, four times a day in water or juice with a meal.

2. Pure Pancreatin One to 2 capsules every time DriCelle EFA 950 is taken.

For severe neurological symptoms such as paralysis, check for the presence of a co-infection called Bartonella henselae (also called cat scratch disease).

This illness responds to high doses of antibiotics, which should be the preferred treatment of choice.

We have been treating Lyme Disease with the above protocols plus the addition of bee venom therapy two to three times a week for a prolonged period of time, and have often seen good and lasting results with this approach.

For the treatment of Babesiosis, we have sometimes to include the antibiotic Mepron for 3 to 6 weeks.

Treating Immune System Symptoms

If the immune system symptoms predominate, I like to include:

1) Ginseng Combination (350mg Siberian ginseng root, 350mg Korean panax ginseng root per capsule)

This has a multitude of beneficial effects on the immune system.

I give 2 capsules BID with meals.

2) Immusol (2ml Echinacea angustafolia, 2ml Echinacea purpurea, 2ml Elderberry liquid extract, 0.3ml CLA, 300mg Vitamin C, 10mg Zinc)

A combination of immune stimulating factors, which is also excellent (Coeugniet & Elek, 1987; Craig, 1999).

I give 3 teaspoons daily with food.

Summary for Treating Immune Symptoms

1. Ginseng Combination Two capsules BID with meals
2. Immusol Three teaspoons daily with food.

Neurotoxin Binding

Neurotoxins are constantly excreted by the body through the liver into the bile ducts and from there into the small intestines.

Neurotoxins have a high affinity for nervous system tissue.

The small intestines are lined with nerve endings.

On the way through the small intestine, most neurotoxins are re-absorbed by the nerve endings and travel from there to the spinal cord and back up into the brain.

They are on an endless rotation through these different systems without leaving the body.

It has been shown that several substances can intercept the neurotoxins on their way down and bind them in the stool so they are excreted.

1) Beta Sitosterol (100mg b-sitosterol per capsule)

Most commonly we use Beta Sitosterol for this purpose.

My current dosage recommendation is that the patient takes 1 to 2 capsules, four times a day between meals.

It is good to take 2 of these doses at night since most of the detox functions happen at night.

This product should be given for 3 weeks on, 3 weeks off, for 6 to 12 weeks.

2) Liver Support and Detoxification (200mg choline bitartrate, 100mg milk thistle seed standardized extract [Silybum marianum], 25mg inositol, 25mg L-methionine, 80mg turmeric standardized extract [Curcuma longae], 50mg licorice root standardized extract [Glycyrrhiza glabra], 50mg calcium glucarate, 25mg indole-3-carbinol, 50��g biotin, 25mg limonene, 25mg L-glycine per capsule)

To increase the liver detoxifying abilities we include the product Liver Support and Detoxification at the suggested dosage.

This product provides a comprehensive combination of nutrients and phytochemicals with known activity in stimulating liver function, with special emphasis on detoxification reactions.

While both Phase 1 and Phase 2 reactions are stimulated, there is a greater qualitative stimulation of Phase 2, providing a net gain in elimination of toxic materials, which then sets up a gradient of drainage from other tissues.

Take 2 capsules BID with meals.

Summary for clearing Neurotoxins

1. Beta Sitosterol One to 2 capsules four times a day between meals

2. Liver Support and Detoxification Two capsules per day with a meal.

Laboratory Diagnosis

Lyme Disease is a chronic disease that is responsible for a multitude of illnesses including chronic low back pain, migraine headache, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and even some cancers.

It is most often misdiagnosed as another illness. For the diagnosis, we are currently recommending the lymphocyte transformation test that is not available in the USA.

Here, the most successful diagnostic procedure is the direct proof of the microbial presence through phase contrast dark field microscopy after using species-specific fluorescent stain (Bowen Research laboratory). Other tests used: Western Blot Elisa Test, PCR Test and Lymphocyte Transformation Test.

Optimal Diet and The Four Pillars of Nutrient Supplementation from Pharmax.

Multivitamins and minerals, fatty acids, antioxidants and probiotics form the Four Pillars of the Pharmax approach, and these, along with an optimal diet form the necessary underlying base upon which sound treatment is built.

However, as long as a significant amount of parasites and microorganisms are present in the gut, these also are fed with the multivitamins approach.

Therefore we usually suggest an initial three-week approach of using the anti-infectious agents and bowel restoration products only to reduce the amount of pathogenic flora in the gut before starting on the multivitamins, antioxidants and other rich nutrient sources.

After the initial three weeks of antimicrobial use, the following Four Pillars can be brought into play:

Summary of the Four Pillars of Supplementation (see Pharmax flier)

1. Vitamins and Minerals:

Multivitamin & Mineral (adult formula) Two capsules per day with food
or
Multi Omega Plex Two scoops per day with food.

(The Multi Omega Plex combines vitamins and minerals with essential fatty acids. Therefore the vitamin and mineral pillar and the fatty acid pillar are combined in one product).

Vitamin C Powder One gram per day with food.
Natural E 300 One capsule per day with food

2. Fatty Acids

DHA/EPA 1000 Five grams per day with food
or
EFA 950 Five grams per day with food
or
Omega 3:6:9 Ad lib with food

3. Antioxidants

Endogenous Antioxidants One capsule per day with food
or
Glutathione Precursors One capsule per day with food
plus
Carotenoid Complex Two capsules per week with food
plus
Phyto Antioxidants Two capsules per week with food

4. Probiotics & Prebiotics:

HLC High Potency Two capsules per day with food

The Use of Antibiotics in Treating Lyme Disease

The recommended medical treatment for Lyme disease and the associated co-infections is the use of antibiotics.

The typical treatment of mycoplasma infections takes several six-week cycles of high doses of antibiotics. We currently believe that the approach using natural antibiotics and antimicrobials has superior long-term effects.

However sometimes the patient cannot respond to a particular approach and another approach has to be chosen. We occasionally have to include the use of intravenous antibiotics.

Other ��Alternative�� treatments include the use of microcurrent, ozone therapy, ultraviolet blood irradation, hyperbaric oxygen, bee venom therapy, ozone sauna, acupuncture and colon hydrotherapy.

References

Adetumbi, M. et al., (1986) Allium sativum (garlic) inhibits lipid synthesis by Candida albicans.
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 30 (3): 499-501.

Ankri, S. & Mirelman, D. (1999) Antimicrobial properties of allicin from garlic. Microbes and Infection. 2, 125-129

Beck M.A. (2001) Antioxidants and viral infections: host immune response and viral pathogenicity. J Am Coll Nutr 20 (5 Suppl): 384S-388S Discussion 396S-397S

Beck M.A. et al., (2001) Selenium deficiency increases the pathology of an influenza virus infection. FASEB J 15(8): 1481-3

Blake, K. (1983) Onion and garlic oils inhibit tumour promotion. Carcinogenesis 4, (8) 1063-1065

Chang S.T. et al., (2001) Antibacterial activity of leaf essential oils and their constituents from
Cinnamomum osmophloeum. J Ethnopharmacol. 2001 Sep; 77(1):123-7.

Clarke S.F. et al., (2002) Changes in the activities of antioxidant enzymes in response to virus infection and hormone treatment. Physiol Plant. 114(2):157-164.

Coeugniet E.G. & Elek E. (1987) Immunomodulation with Viscum album and Echinacea purpurea extracts. Onkologie. 10 (3 Suppl): 27-33

Craig W.J. (1999) Health-promoting properties of common herbs. Am J Clin Nutr 70 (3 Suppl) 491S-499S

Fenwick, G.R. & Hanley, A.B. (1985) The genus Allium. CRC. Rev. Food Sci. Nutr. 22, 199-377

Ghannoum M.A. (1988) Studies on the anticandidal mode of action of Allium sativum (garlic). J Gen Microbiol. 134 (Pt 11):2917-24.

Hagen T.M. et al., (2002) Mitochondrial Decay in the Aging Rat Heart: Evidence for Improvement by Dietary Supplementation with Acetyl-l-Carnitine and/or Lipoic Acid. Ann N Y Acad Sci 959:491-507

Harris, J.C. et al. (2000) The microaerophilic flagellate Giardia intestinalis: Allium sativum (garlic) is an effective antigiradial. Microbiology 146, 3119-3127

Kelly G.S. (1998) Clinical applications of N-acetylcysteine. Altern Med Rev 3 (2):114-27

Mirelman, D. et al. (1987) Inhibition of growth of Entamoeba histolytica by allicin, the active principle of garlic extract (Allium sativum). Journal of Infectious Diseases. 156(1) 243-244

Rees, L.P. et al., (1993) A quantitative assessment of the anti-microbial activity of garlic (Allium sativum). World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology. 9, 303-307

Ruggeri P. et al., (1991) Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of two Peruvian plants Boll Soc Ital Biol Sper 67(10-11):955-60

Sandhu D.K. et al., (1980) Sensitivity of yeasts isolated from cases of vaginitis to aqueous extracts of garlic. Mykosen. 23(12):691-8.

Singh H.B. et al., (1995) Cinnamon bark oil, a potent fungitoxicant against fungi causing respiratory
tract mycoses. Allergy 50(12):995-9

Souba W.W. (1990) The role of glutamine in maintaining a healthy gut and supporting the metabolic response to injury and infection. J Surg Res 48(4):383-91

Srivastava S.K. et al., (2002) Role of glutathione conjugate efflux in cellular protection against benzo[a]pyrene-7,8-diol-9,10-epoxide-induced DNA damage. Mol Carcinog. 33(3):156-62.

Tsai Y. et al., (1985) Antiviral properties of garlic: in vitro effects on influenza B, herpes simplex and coxsackie viruses. Planta Med. Oct;(5):460-1.

Yoshida S. et al., (1987) Antifungal activity of ajoene derived from garlic. Appl Environ Microbiol. 53(3):615-7.

[ 29. April 2008, 06:44 PM: Message edited by: sparkle7 ]

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvs2ride
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 8090

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvs2ride     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle,

This is an EXCELLENT article. Thank you so much for posting it. I'm printing it for my book.

My doctor has me on much of this through a different brand.

Luvs

--------------------
When the Power of Love overcomes the Love of Power, there will be Peace.

Posts: 3038 | From america | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up
Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great article. Dr. K rocks! I'd call this complementary medicine rather than alternative. You don't have to stop taking your antibiotics for this treatment to be helpful!

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This seems like a lot of really great information---but I can't get over how many pills you would be taking a day.

Maybe I missed it but would you be doing all of these protocols at the same time?

That's a lot of supplements. I can't even begin to imagine what it would cost. Not that I wouldn't pay it if I knew it would get me better, but wow that just seems like a lot of stuff to be taking.

Edit--so, is this instead of taking antibiotics? Despite the large number of supplements I'd rather do this than take antibiotics.

Posts: 237 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Niere, no, no one would take all of these supplements!!!!

Dr. K. tests with energetic testing, called ART (Autonomic Response Testing), a form of muscle testing, which determines what the body is most in need of.

If the body is struggling with infections, certain meds will test positive. If someone tests for heavy metal toxicity, the anti-metals will come into play. But never all these things on the list.

If the liver or kidney are struggling, the liver and kidney support will test positive via the ART testing. Then that type of med will be taken for a time.

The article merely describes some of the supplements and meds that seem to work well for people at certain times.

My own whole treatment was determined this way, and I always just took a core protocol, i.e. the remedies that my body really responded to positively upon testing and before ingestion. Never did I take the same things for a long, long time, because usually the body starts to change as healing sets in and rejects certain supplements.

Every protocol, such as this and where this article originated -- that you find on Dr. K.'s websites, www.neuraltherapy.com and www.klinghardt.org, is tested before use with energetic testing. It takes a few minutes for testing. It avoids a lot of pitfalls.

There are a number of these energetic testing methods available with different doctors and practitioners. Finding them is not that difficult any longer, and I highly recommend it.
It made my journey to health so much more easy.

Hope you find a good way that works for you.

Take good care.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Niere
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Niere     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks GiGi--I know you haven't posted here much lately but I have to tell you I have done a lot of searches on your posts! I think you should write a book on detoxing for people with lyme. [Smile]

I really wish there were someone here in RI that did ART--I've done websearches and have come up empty. I have to go to a Whole Foods today, maybe I'll find something on their bulletin board. [Smile]

Thanks for clarifying all this--I'm currently looking into rife but it seems to me that detoxing and supplementation would still be vitally important. Thanks to you and Sparkle--I really appreciate this great info!

Posts: 237 | From Rhode Island | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I don't live near WA state & I have very limited funds - so, I try to interpret the protocols as best as possible to apply them to myself. I have had a number of tests done - so, I know my areas of weakness & OKness (if that's a word).

I'm doing the full Cowden now so I'm not really looking to add anything at the moment. I just like to know about this in case I need an alternate protocol.

There are so many good herbal protocols now. This is why I decided it wasn't necessary for me to go on with the abx. I'm starting to feel positive changes from the full Cowden protocol.

I'm not telling anyone not to use abx - but I'm glad I stopped them.

I will definitely go back & try some of Dr. Klinghardt's suggestions after about 6 months of Cowden. I may add a few things but the full Cowden protocol is pretty concise. I'd like to give it a chance.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gigi I really like how you described ART. I'm fortunate to be working with a Doctor who uses ART in determining what works and what doesn't. As I've progressed I noticed I can almost tell on my own what to stop and take. But I still bring it to test.

One thought I had is that each support group in lymenet identify folks to train via DVDs in ART. If ART were more available we might learn so much more about the disease and hopefully help many more people.

Just curious if this might be an idea to pursue?

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ralph
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A suggestion for possibly finding an ART practitioner.

Access www.standardprocess.com and find a listing for your state rep for Standard Process. Then call the rep and ask if any docs in your area (probably mostly Docs of Chiropractic) have trained with Dr. Freddie Ulan. Dr. Ulan, I have been told, trained with Dr. K and Ulan has a very similar way of testing that he uses and teaches.

I have trained with Dr. Ulan in the past. Very interesting, precise work.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't say enough good things about this doctor and his protocols. Information off his website has helped me tremendously.

It says something about him that his protocols are all accessible free on the web, or you can order them in a printed bound form.

Did you know that although his treatment approach is different from ILADS, he and Burrascano have met to collaborate and exchange information on protocols?

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are DVDs to learn ART, but they're in German, sold by the INK (just google INK and Klinghardt). They're the latest DVDs with Klinghardt himself teaching ART.

You need an intermediary level of German to understand them, and they don't cost much. They are not intended to teach all by themselves, but it's a shooting of all the hours of courses he's done lately (2006 on) here in Germany.

The biggest problem, is that you need someone else to test you and it takes some time to master the technique. So still, the fastest way is to go to an ART specialist and get tested. He must be knowledgeable in lyme and heavy metal detox.

I now understand why ART is seen as different from other kinesiological methods. It's because it catches the hierarchy of things (at least, that's how I would describe).

Other methods don't bring as clearly the whole individual hierarchy of problems (what to treat first, second, third etc).

So, if your're ART tested, the practioner tells you "these canal teeth must go because that's priority" and still you don't do that for whatever reasons, well, you're not following real ART and long term positive results will not always come.

The DVD courses are fantastic. A whell of information for lyme and other chronic conditions!

In the last years, Dr. K. is trying to avoid more and more the use of suplements / drugs, and solving lots mostly in the energetic treatments (like MFT for example). This article Bejoy posted is old, I suppose. I wonder if he manages to use less supplements for chronic lyme sufferers too...

Selma

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I spoke with Nurse A. about ART dvd's and she said they were about 295 dollars. I had the impression they were in english. Given the price is affordable to support groups and they are in english. ART is a method we could use in a support group setting.

One note, we are not doctors nor should we try to be. In otherwords we shouldn't be putting treatment plans together.

If there were several folks who learned ART we could help ourselves in a number of ways. We could inform the doctors which supplements are working and which ones aren't based on the testing. We could better understand changes in supplementation. Most important is to remove some of the guess work between us as patient and the doctor in what we are doing. I noticed from ART there are levels of lyme infection. Again more information for the doctors.

Ideally how it might work. Each support group purchases the DVDs from Dr. K. (in english). Several members volunteer to learn from the DVDs. Each month levels are tested for different organisms and supplement value. Each person tracks changes and provides the information to their Doctor.

ART isn't very time consuming, it would also provide greater reason to meet. In that there is something to show from meeting.

I believe ART is a wonderful tool like a thermometer. The both have uses in informing us what is physically going on.

One side note: If we use ART maybe more physicians will.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brussels
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, have you got these DVDs in English? What do they teach exactly? ART only, or also psychokinesiology and mft??

I guess it's a nice way to learn, in a group, and people test each other!

Yes, I dont think we know much to do everything by ourselves, but it's a great tool for guidance, measuring amounts, seeing how to shift to herbs our bodies know already, and so on.

I find that lyme treatment works better when the herbs are changed every week, maximum every two weeks. Few could afford visiting a specialist every week, but doing these intermediary steps by oneselves would be great, wouldnt it?

Thats what I did. It took time to get some confidence, but in the end, I got total green card from both my doctor and naturopath. I changed herbs and homeopathy about every day or every other day. Thats where I still am, on preventive protocol for months now, hoping not to get a relapse!

Where are these DVDS sold? Through biopure?

Thanks,
Selma

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

This may be a silly question but is ART in any way similar to dowsing? I don't have the money right now for much but I'm familiar with dowsing. Obviously, there's a technique for ART but I have gotten some good results by using a pendulum.

Can any comparisons be made between these two approaches?

Brussels
Member # 13480

ART is just the name for the method of kinesiological tests (muscle tests) done by dr. K. He developed quite a complete way to check the body and 'soul' conditions of a patient and that method is ART. At least, that's how I see.

Pendulum dowsing is not muscle test. Muscle test is a physiological response of the body, it can be even measured with machines, if I understood well.

Dowsing is somehting else, but also on the energy field. I dont think it can be measured at all, it's not a pure physiological body response like muscle tonality is.

When I got local anesthesy for taking off my teeth and treat cavitations, my doctor couldn't use muscle tests on me (because it wont work due to anesthesy).

So he did the pendulum to find out where to take cavitations off. I was very afraid of it, because I trust muscle tests but not much the pendulum, but it seems to have worked.

Decades of problems with the teeth gone, more than a decade of dull pain in the root of one dead canal tooth, gone in the same day of the operation.

So definitively, they're not the same.

Selma

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Nurse A. says the set is 295 dollars. I just think if a group could purchase them. It wouldn't cost much. Inside a group more health knowledgeable volunteers could be found. They could more accurately test. If it is very worth while then groups may want to meet more often just to test there supplements.

It is soooo hard to meet with health care providers often enough to test supplements. And very few folks have ART available to them.

In a group setting there maybe a nurse an emt a doctor if your lucky. If 3 are trained a lot of good might be done.

--------------------
Bob

bejoy
Member # 11129

While ART is more in depth than many other forms of kinesiology, you may be able to find a chiropractor or somebody good at applied kinesiology to help you test your supplements, if an ART practitioner isn't locally available.

I follow much of DR. K's protocol. I test my supplements at home, with a technique similar to dousing, then take them to my chiropractor to double check.

--------------------
bejoy!

ralph
Unregistered

ART is definitely a hands on skill. I have been tested by many practitioners that way and use it myself. Where I am headed with this is that it is a hands on skill. Someone with hands on experience already may be a good candidtate.

Someone versed in massage might do very well at it. A suggestion if you form a group, perhaps find someone local that already does it to help with training.

With the allergy work NAET a friend and I used to train groups of patients so they could test others at home and friends and relatives. It mostly worked out very well.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Ralph, Those would be excellent candidates.

Is dowsing accurate and how does it compare to ART? One thing about ART, is being able to sense lyme levels or how much lyme is in the body. Same can be said for candida and other pathogens. If dowsing could do that all that, then what would be involved to try it?

--------------------
Bob

ralph
Unregistered

I do not know much about dousing or have any experience with it.

And how much trouble can us men get in if we talk about things like that and intuition ?

Men ? Intuition ? (sarcasm label here)

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I find it difficult to get groups together in the area where I live. It would be really nice to be able to share things with people of like minds...

I don't know too much about ART or applied kinesiology. I find dowsing easy to use. I don't know how accurate it is but I don't see that it is very different than other "energy based" diagnostic treatments.

I think it's good to have clear yes or no questions about the treatments or supplements/drugs. I just thought of trying it so I'm going to experiment with it, myself...

Some links about dowsing for medical advice -
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&q=dowsing+for+medical+advice&btnG=Search

Brussels
Member # 13480

Dowsing, ART, or any type of kinesiology will NOT work with a closed regulation.

It works next to zero, I have got that blockage many times, and most lyme patients are blocked. High loads of infection and toxins can block a patient quite fast (in my own experience).

ART teaches how to unblock a patient first, and how to detect most important problems first (in this sense, it's almost independent of what the patient says or complains/ symptoms).

First, you test a person with the Polarization filter, then without, then with Signal strengthener a bit far from the body, then with a mirror to the patient, with mirror to the outside and so on (I haven't learned all, just a few intial steps).

All MFT points (accupuncture meridian points) will always be tested, all main organs too, many times, one after the other. Body switching, mental switching will also be tested in the beginning.

Only then the practioner will go searching for borrelia, pathogens, hormone imbalance etc. This method is called ART.

It will also treat sympotms, but treatment that come first are sometimes independent of symptoms (like a closed regulation, a tooth that feels nothing but is causing deep trouble, etc).

A practioner trained in ART could then use the pendulum, I suppose, but muscle tests are usually faster. Another thing that muscle tests give is a scale of intensity, that is pretty clear when you get used to do it.

Stronger, middle, weak answers from the muscles do mean clear things. If you guys see how a practioner measure the amount of a herb or supplement (or abx) with muscle tests, you'll understand what I mean.

Another thing that ART can do is to tell how much (in a scale) each supplement / herb is good for you (through the Yin scale), and I find that really useful (specially for lyme, when taking about 50 or more different things a day is more common than uncommon).

It gives you the 'hierarchy' of different types of food for that moment, of herbs, supplements etc.

With the sinal strenghtner (not sure this is the name in English), the practioner can track where the bacteries are concentrated in the body and where to rub killers /cleansers, for example, or where to apply eletromagnetic devices to kill /cleanse. But believe me, these bacteries do change of place quite fast. You have to keep testing then.

What is wonderful, for lyme disease, is to know which pathogens are active for that moment and then find the exact medicine to kill it (for that moment).

Other pathogens may come up, others go to backstage, etc in a matter of days. Everytime you get the right treatment, the whole ecossystem changes very fast, in my experience.

Bart and borrelia are the champions to keep hiding and will be the last to disappear. I had both twice (I have been twice infected), and these were the last most disguising critters.

Now I only have borrelia coming back sometimes, but when I catch it from awakening day one, well, they dont have much chance to survive and go dormant again in a matter of days.

Without ART / muscle tests, I am certain I was going to be still fighting lyme disease today, still with babesiosis, bartonella, mycoplasma, and who knows what parasites more. All these are extremely persistent pathogens that need multiple and simultaneous weapons (still, each person is different and react differently).

I hope I could clarify a bit about ART, which is 'just' one of the multiple kinesiological schools' methods.

there are loads of posts of Gigi here talking about ART in the past.

In my opinion, if your regulation happens to be open, any energetic test is better than no energetic test. Meaning, if you find the pendulum works, why not using it to guide you a bit? Or any type of kinesiolgical test is better than none.

ART is just a sophisticated kinesiological school of finding the hierarchy of problems, no matter if these problems are in the physical, energetic, mental body (and in other spheres...).

Dr. K. said in a seminar that today it is clear that it doesnt really matter if a patient has borrelia or not. This is not the point.

The point is, having been infected with borrelia, can this patient's immune system keep the pathogen under control or will it collapse? This is where the problem is and should be treated.

Selma

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Thanks so much Selma for clarifying why ART is soooo important. If the lyme community could embrace this exstremely important technique we might all get better sooner.

The most important point you raised is time. In a support group you may have as many as 15 or more folks. If there are 15 people getting ART readings, there is only so much time. It has to be budgetted to about 10 minutes per person. 6 per hour. It takes two people to do ART so there would be commitment from them as well.

I don't know all the science behind ART just the result being a patient but more then willing to learn. Your information delving deeper into how ART works is very helpful. It foretells how devious the disease is and how important getting better information is instead of guessing.

If your information grows then so does your health. If our health grows due to greater information it may influence physicians to become ART knowledgeable.

--------------------
Bob

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

I don't know much about dowsing yet. I'm now reading "Letter to Robin" by Walt Woods http://www.lettertorobin.org/RBN_pdf/RBN_10_4_English.pdf. I'll then do my own experimentation in dowsing. I'm very interested in better understanding how to fight this disease.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

It seems like ART is very well thought out & I appreciate that. It's just that some people don't have access to it due to lack of practicioners or lack of money.

I've been using a pendulum for years for questions related to my own personal thoughts. I didn't really think to use it for medical questions until just a few days ago. Some people say not to use it for that but I think that's just hogwash...

In tests related to "psychic" phenomena, there are alot of things that can throw off the results. Just having the tester not believing in the test can change the results. So, I think in these forms of testing you have to have a bit of faith. They can be incorrect but so can lab tests.

I also think it's important to have faith that someday you will get well. Whatever method you use to get better - you need to have some hope that it will eventually work. This is a longer conversation, though...

I guess necessity can be the mother of invention. I don't see that it would be harmful to use dowsing if you can afford to use ART or don't have access to practicioners.

It is interesting to compare the methods between them.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Sparkle, I'm hoping if members of a support group learned how to use ART there would be no charge except for the DVDs to do the training. Hopefully a one time expense as a fee within the group.

If enough people get trained and use it, it will grow even to the more remote places. At least that is the hope.

We can see from Selma how much it has helped her and better understand her enemy and how to support healing.

Selma and Gigi in their posts show important it is to know what to do now what to change as time goes on. The territory of this disease is ever changing.

One aspect I didn't go into, is the high price we pay for supplements. Everybody walks into different kinds not knowing which ones benefit and which ones don't. I have several I've used that didn't test well with ART. In a group during ART testing there are so many supplements brought by sooo many people. It provides an opportunity to use other folks supplements (for testing only) to see which ones test well. Once the testing had completed you could choose to change your regimen working with your doctor.

My central point is to propose a cost effective way to get better information to aid in our quest for health. I believe ART provides the information and the support group makes it cost effective.

This is just a proposal without buy in from others, that's all it is. I'm going to propose it to the support support group I belong to. If it happens it could be the litmus test for other groups.

If there are any pitfalls or anything to enhance this approach would be very much appreciated.

--------------------
Bob

Brussels
Member # 13480

I hope some groups can be formed to practice this, and if there's a knowledgeable practioneer around, that would be even better. I wish you guys good luck.

As for cost cut, this was a very clear thing in my protocols. Since I started doing ART and my own muscle tests, I don't ingest a single thing a day that doesn't test.

The amount is measured by the grams, almost. Very tiny amounts of anything are measured.

The cost of supplements fell amazingly down, this is sure. I know the timing to take, the sequence, what goes well with what, what can't be taken together, etc. How much should I cook each tea, how strong is one or another supplement and so on.

Even if these tests are not 100% accurate, but about 80-85% accurate, well, it's pretty better than nothing. Than shooting in total darkness!

Take a look at the post about Cowden running now, of a patient (Chia Pet) that saw 'the man'. He is well versed in muscle tests, and seems to have developed a machine to diagnose lyme patients. They're both friends, dr.K with him, it seems they do show great respect to each other.

Chia Pet got a similar diagnosis (as I had), things like family members blocking improvement, metals blocking her improvement, don't take this medicine, take the other and so on. The approach is very broad. But I'm pretty sure dr. C. also knows what comes first (priorities), second, third etc.

What is great with these energetic treatments is that you stop shooting in the dark. At least, that's how I felt.

If you get a cold, you don't mind shooting in the dark. But with lyme, co-infections, parasites all over, heavy metals, tooth problems, loads of toxins released by these critters, all your organs going towards collapsing, well, I feel there's little way out (in a lifetime) for trial and error. That's not the way to go, not something I would try on any family member with lyme, nor on any one I truly care. No.

That's why I became such a passionate in muscle tests. Just check my older posts (under hardynaka), I was not a believer and see what I turned into!
[Cool]

I now became a passionate in the subject and know how powerful this stuff is. It will be with me for treating any disease, for sure. I would trust more a muscle test for diagnosing cancer than any other method. I know it's me, and I know I became what I lived, but that's how strong I believe on this stuff.

Having said that, I don't think muscle test is 100% accurate, not at all. Specially for subtle problems or very mild infections, for example.

But it's pretty more accurate than most blood tests! At least, in the stage where our medicine is, it looks like stone age medicine when compared with what can be achieved with ART.

this is REALLY my own opinion!! Please discard it.

As for pendulum, I think yes, one has to believe on the thing so that it works. But muscle tests, I REALLY dont believe one has to believe on the technique (if done through an intermediary person or a machine).

If you test the person's arms, well, he can change as he wishes to block the results. But if you connect someone in the middle that is neutral, well, nothing can be done. Or the machine, I guess, would be a solution!

Selma

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Ralph how quick is the machine in a group setting as outlined. Time is of the essence when trying to do a number of people at once.

I believe we can perform ART within 10 minutes a person at least once a month with 85% accuracy if we budget correctly. Can the machine perform as well? Bejoy or Sparkle could dowsing perform as well.

If we were 85% more accurate, what a wonderful thing that would be for everyone.

Thanks Selma sooooooo much for sharing all what you've learned. Bejoy and Sparkle thanks for the posts on dowsing for which I was completely unaware. I'm certainly going to add it to my regimine as soon as I feel competent with it.

There is machine on the market http://www.energy-medicine.info/eds-devices.html is the link. The site has a large amount of information on machines in general. The point of the site is to sell its machine to practioners, but the site main premise is how important information is in getting well. I'm total believer in the power of information.

The site compares many of the machines we've seen on this site. Asyra used by Dr. C., EDS used by Dr. K. I was diagnosed not by the orthodoxy, although I've had all the clinical symptoms brain fog dizziness, ibs, fluelike symptoms joint and muscle disfunction carpal tunnel to name a few, but by an EDS machine and ART. After my ART assessment I no longer felt it necessary to get an Igenex blood test. I have all the clinical symptoms along with those tests. With ART and dental work, I no longer have nearly the symptoms I had 6 months ago. [group hug]

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

re Brussels:

"Take a look at the post about Cowden running now, of a patient (Chia Pet) that saw 'the man'. He is well versed in muscle tests, and seems to have developed a machine to diagnose lyme patients. They're both friends, dr.K with him, it seems they do show great respect to each other.

Chia Pet got a similar diagnosis (as I had), things like family members blocking improvement, metals blocking her improvement, don't take this medicine, take the other and so on. The approach is very broad. But I'm pretty sure dr. C. also knows what comes first (priorities), second, third etc."

What happened to the post by Chia Pet?

It disappeared! I was really interested in that.

also-

re:

"As for pendulum, I think yes, one has to believe on the thing so that it works. But muscle tests, I REALLY dont believe one has to believe on the technique (if done through an intermediary person or a machine)."

I think they are the same thing - energetically. Pendulums are just a way to measure energy - just like applied kinesology or ART.

It's not about belief. I just brought that up because they have done studies on psy-phenomenon & belief has alot to do with the outcome.

I don't know why so many "scientific" tests are wrong. Just look at the tests for Lyme... Is it something that can be measured or quantified that causes the error in the blood tests? Might as well flip a coin (LOL)...

How about ART? Maybe these things can't be measured because we don't have the technology to detect the subtle energy levels? It's not that they are about "voodoo" or belief systems.

EMF can give people brain tumors but we can't see them - I'm not sure if we even have devices to detect them (or if they actually work). Yet, everyone uses cell phones.

I think there is alot of manipulation going on about the more subtle forms of energy. There may be a reason why this technology is being subdued or suppressed.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement