LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Last words on LightWorks for those interested... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Last words on LightWorks for those interested...
sparkle7
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is the last time I will post anything on this subject since people are so touchy about this.

I believe that infra red light may be very helpful in getting rid of Lyme. I haven't been using it long enough to say if it's a cure but dramatic things are happening to me.

If people want to go to Europe, spend their life savings on treatments, & go through the stress of traveling, that's up to them. I wish them well.

I will stick with my opinion that you can do a similar therapy & get results here for a few hundred dollars.

I am not a doctor & I do not advise people to do this treatment without doing alot of research first. Infra red light is very powerful in whatever form of device you use.

The LightWorks is not a toy just because it isn't $10,000.

Good luck in fighting your illness.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, I wish you'd change your mind and continue to post .... just not on the Bionic 880 threads. [Smile]

I also am using Lightworks. I am interested in Bionic 880 as well. The biggest sacrifice for me to go to Germany is not the money, rather the time away from my family. I would not be spending my life savings.

I think it's a benefit for everyone to have your experience along side the experience of those using the Bionic 880.

While we're talking about the Lightworks, I want to share a story. My husband has had a curious red spot on his nose for a few months. He's delayed going to the dermatologist (don't know why). We're almost certain it's a basal cell carcinoma as he's had a few already.

He's used the Lightworks on it a few times and today it looks like a very small sore where a scab has fallen off. The redness is gone, it's just fresh skin underneath.

I don't know if it will stay "gone" but he has seen a big change in it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Sparkle,

Please continue to share your experiences. It is important to others that a full range of reports is available.

You make some good points and, of course, most of us simply don't have the available income for the treatment protocol of our dreams. But that does not mean we should give up our dream of finding health again.

I admire your research and courage in exploring "how else?"

Still, it's valid to consider the difference in between two machines that are similar in some ways but very different in others. There is much to consider and compare.

As long as we have those details, we can either take a different path or try to figure in adjustments - or wait. I don't think anyone should give up the ship just yet.

This is a place for sharing what is working -or not - and why, whatever the case. There is always room for "What else? How else?"

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hiker53
Member # 6046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hiker53     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I definitely herxed from it or else it stirred up the bugs. Did lightworks 15 days in a row for 30-40 minutes per day. More seizures, stomache, headache, off balance etc.

I stopped it. My LLMD says it is like rife--you have to go at a pace that your body can handle or it will overwhelm you. He wasn't speaking of Lightworks specifically, but of infrared light in general.

Hiker53

--------------------
Hiker53

"God is light. In Him there is no
darkness." 1John 1:5

Posts: 8890 | From Illinois | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just don't understand the attacks about this. There's really no reason for it.

There are other devices that may be more similar to the Bionic 880 that cost in the $900 range.

Dr. Fritz Popp said himself that none of these devices produce miracles. What more can be added to that?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NanaDubo
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14794

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NanaDubo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle - I always enjoy your posts and as you know I own a Lightworks as well.

As said by others, I think everyone is interested in hearing about anything that might be working.

Posts: 1129 | From Maine | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I guess my point is this... if people are getting strong reactions from a lesser infrared light device, it may not be necessary to get a stronger or more powerful device.

I am going though very strong reactions as I posted about 5 days or a week ago. The reaction I'm having is much stronger than abx. This infrared light is no joke.

If people go to Germany or stay at home - they may be able to continue their therapy using the LightWorks rather than using the Bionic 880.

I really don't know what the results of my going through this extreme reaction will be. It seems to be mainly affecting people with Lyme as opposed to non-Lyme infected people.

My boyfriend uses it & he's not having the same reaction. He doesn't have Lyme. So, it must be a Lyme specific reaction.

If people don't share info, we can't compare notes to adjust the potential protocol.

If people want to close their minds & not look at other possibilities it will not be of benefit to the group.

I never said anything against GiGi or anyone who has the resources to go to Germany or Borneo or the Moon for treatments. I just think we can apply the principles here using locally available products & resources.

This is a big experiment & some of us may get worse. If you feel you need to have a doctors guidance - look for a doctor. I am not a doctor & I am not telling anyone what to do.

I just don't have the cash or patience to mess around with doctors who are not familiar with the latest techniques or who send you home with massive quantities of abx.

I don't want to do that right now. You all have to make your own decision. I just though that if I shared my findings - it would be of use to everyone.

I didn't expect to be attacked. It's just my opinion. My information is not meant to discredit anyone or disrespect anyone.

For some reason, people seem to be taking my postings as a personal affront to their own credibility. It has nothing to do with that.

I never meant it to be that way. It's just research...

northstar
Member # 7911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northstar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I, for one, hope everyone continues to post about their light machines, no matter if someone else has difficulty with other light modes.

Closed and biased minds stifle potentially helpful experiences of various symptom treatments and results, and possibly lead to misconstruing simple social statement/social compliment/social pleasantry.

At this point, all the science has to offer is
anecdotal evidence and theory, for any of the machines.

Without the anecdotal evidence, provided by users of the Lightwave and all other machines and methods, people would just be discussing concepts.

These above postings are helpful to me, and I am sure to others.

Northstar

Posts: 1331 | From hither and yonder | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herxuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, please don't pull out of telling us about your Lightworks . I value what you have to say, and also other's that are using it, Sixgoofy etc.

I and my spouse have been on the site you posted, we want to order, even if just for the other benefits, it claim's. It's more advanced than the Infrared of year's ago. But wish it were available to order, from Retailers here in UK.

I like your attitude as to educating yourself as much as possible to defeat this monster. The IDSA are of the only one opinion camp ( theirs ) . Probably why were all in this mess today.
So lets not go that way.

Staying in the dark scares me, I also have an open mind. Keep posting, I am listening.
It must NOT be your last word. Don't even think about it.

Posts: 153 | From England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, I think it's clear that everyone wants to hear about your Lightworks experience, just not in threads about people's experience in Germany.

I have had the same experience you have. My husband does not have any herx type reaction like I have, even though it has helped him with the previous issue I mentioned.

My daughter, who is in remission from Lyme (but gets headaches when she's on her period), used it on a sore ankle. She got a huge headache afterward. Headaches are her primary Lyme symptom (she was never highly symptomatic).

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks everyone. I don't know why certain people get so ticked off about me posting. I think the LightWorks can be of use to people who do go to Germany to continue their treatment. Or if you want to use it for other things or on your own.

I didn't say anything negative to Clancy or anyone. I don't think I should be banned from bringing up a different treatment on other threads but I'll comply to preserve the peace.

Some people like to act like this website is their personal blog or to post requests only for info that they feel is relevant to their personal adgenda.

I'm not trying to do that. I'm just trying to share my research & experiences in case it can be of help to people.

This illness is bad enough. We don't need all this in-fighting but I can't control others.

If people want to disrespectfully disagree - it's OK with me. I have done the research myself & I can back up my theories. I'm not too proud to admit I may be wrong, though.

This is a big experiment we are all going through. I used to have a good job & a life. I still have a life but I've had to learn some hard lessons. I think we all can relate to that...

Keebler
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-

Sparkle,

location . . . location . . . location . . .

your post in the other thread fell just after a few who were rather insulting and harsh considering that C and husband had only just returned.

The thread had taken a turn from being what it should have been, a safe place for Clancy to share their experiences.

The timing, placement of your post got caught up in that turn.

I do understand and appreciate GiGi's concern that, according the the method of the Bionic 880, other infrared lights may not be enough. And, as we look at all of this, we will learn more.

We're all fighting really hard to get our lives back and it really shows as we get close to what we think might be a safe way to do that - and a way that is within reach.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for herxuk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's true what Keebler say's, thing's were already hotting up on that thread before your posting. Even so, It's still a weak excuse, as their are politer way's of telling people there opinion's are not wanted.

Me personally, I would rather the Lightworks not get mixed up with the Bionics, I would prefer not to have to go looking for it there.

You and the Lightworks deserve there own thread.

Yet in real life, during conversations , one thing can lead to another, as people interact, not so on here it seems.
You have hurt feelings, you'v hit the deck, but don't let it dampen your spirits for too long.

Kind Regard. herxUK.

Posts: 153 | From England | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, I have great respect and admiration for you and GiGi. Maybe we should keep the threads separate. I will continue to post on both threads but maybe it is time to separate them. I hope you continue to post, there is sooo much to learn from each other. [group hug]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pat1
Member # 15389

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pat1   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
please keep posting im end stage lyme Ineed all

the info I can get and thank you for all the Info

Posts: 20 | From Sanangelo tex | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GiGi
Member # 259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GiGi         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, I have absolutely no problem with you.
I have a problem with the fact that you move into a thread in a way that immediately makes people reach for their forehead, wondering.

Once and for all, I have learned that light is not light, as you state. The light delivery out of Bionic is a totally different than from the devices you talk about.

Most of all, Dr. W. has treated some 2000 people with it, successfully. That is not anecdotal. T
Bionic treats a broad spectrum of conditions.

Your blunt input, light is light, stops and turns the discussion around, into a different area, where no one is talking about the same thing any longer. The talk is about Bionic, the way it works, the way it doesn't work, people's experience with it, the therapists' experiences with it which I am starting to collect -- with only great efforts I might say. We sleep in Seattle, while the Europeans are awake and can be talked to.

You are perfectly at your right to discuss any and all light, but your "light is light" comments are out of place and disrespectful when people are telling us of their own personal experiences with the Bionic, the doctors, the money they had to spend to get at the experience, the therapists/doctors providing the treatments, etc.
Our visit to Germany did not come easy, financially or otherwise. I hope you grow to be 76 years old, but won't have to wheel your husband through airports, up and down planes, in and out of doctors offices with stairs, driving the autobahn in a hailstorm, getting lost in the middle of the night. Clancy had similar experiences where one feels one cannot go on.
Just for a moment, put yourself in somebody else's shoes, and think the word appreciation.
It works, try it.

The Bionic is not a Lightworks. The Lightworks is not a Bionic. It's not an Elixa. The photons delivered are different. I have quizzed everyone I could on this subject. I said this in an early post many days ago: I am tickled and pleased if we find an instrument that does the identical thing, i.e. eradicate Lyme.

This is not anecdotal - this is for real - as experienced by many many Lyme sufferers. I have no interest in passing on untruth.

So don't be offended. It takes every hour I can spare to gather all this information. I would suggest that any of you who really want to understand also contact a few of these 200 Bionic users, doctors and practitioners, whose phone numbers I have posted more than once, to get at the real truth, if my input does not appear valid. Or call any of the Lightwork users and get details of their experiences.

Pardon the interruption.

Posts: 9834 | From Washington State | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
disturbedme
Member # 12346

Icon 1 posted      Profile for disturbedme   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also enjoy your Lightworks posts. I am very interested in them and would love to order one myself, but unfortunately don't have the funds for it. [shake]

As soon as I have the funds, I would love to order one. I like what I've heard about it so far.

--------------------
One can never consent to creep when one feels an impulse to soar.
~ Helen Keller

My Lyme Story

Posts: 2965 | From Land of Confusion (bitten in KS, moved to PA, now living in MD) | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

There are many different delivery systems for light. Some are coherent like lasers & some are non-coherent like LEDs.

I've very tired now so I don't want to start posting studies, etc.

It just seems that if people get strong results from using the LightWorks, is it really going to be different from using a more expensive tool?

I would think it would be worse with a brighter or stronger device. The infrared light is the same wavelength (880nm) for both devices in question.

The main cautions are that you may get too ill if you are taking abx. I am not taking them. I haven't taken abx since last November.

I found that I do not want to take any additional herbs or supplements since starting this therapy.

I just need to use things that pull the toxins out of my body like clay, psylium, chlorella, & another natural bowel cleanser who's name escapes me.

I am also taking some extra magnesium, a general multi-vitamin, epsom salt baths, & lots of water & green tea.

I pretty much stopped the Cowden protocol & bee venom honey. It just seems too strong in "light" of using the LightWorks.

This is why I say "light is light...". The Nogier frequencies are interesting but I don't really know if they make much of a difference. My observation is based on my experience.

It would be interesting to have someone use both devices & see if they can tell if there are differences.

We really need to have some style of "consumer report" for these "Energy Medicine" devices. I found one website & posted it on another thread but they didn't have much of a comparison for light, laser, or LED equipment.

Whether this "herx" from the LightWorks will accomplish anything positive - I don't really know yet. It's very intense & anyone using this tool should be aware of this.

It's a much more profound herx than any abx produced - if this is any way of testing effectiveness.

From my understanding, it's not good to subject your body to very intense herxes for long. It can be counter-productive...

Initially, the infrared light feels good so you can think it's like using a heating pad but it's not! It has some kind of effect on the spirochetes but I'm still not sure if it's productive.

Time will tell.

herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Oh dear, I thought you had the message the first time around.

I would like to add, so no one get's any wrong ideas about my view's, I am not negative as to the Bionic, I would embrace anything that is a breakthrough for this disease, it would be more than welcome.

Never the less, I am interested in the Lightworks for it's own sake, Immune system booster etc.

Given time , the Bionic will prove itself, thing's usually do, if we wait long enough.
Me, I'm scared of getting my finger's burned, letting my hopes get too high , then have them dashed.

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

This may have been one Sparkle previously posted, not sure. Someone posted it in another forum today.

http://healthlink.mcw.edu/article/1031002355.html

From the Medical College of Wisconsin:

Healing with Light Moves Beyond Fiction

Fans of the Star Trek television shows can recall many stirring scenes of medical officers treating patients without drugs or surgery, using instead a device the size of a cell phone that sends out light rays to "miraculously" heal wounds and cure disease before their very eyes.

Now, the use of light emitting diodes (LED) in the practice of medicine has moved well beyond science fiction and into the real world.

Soldiers injured by lasers in combat, astronauts in space and children in cancer wards are already benefiting from the healing properties of near-infrared light in ways that could only be imagined a few years ago.

Several research projects at the Medical College of Wisconsin are at the center of LED treatment development and the application of new technology to a wide range of injury and illness.

"The potential is quite endless," said Harry T. Whelan, MD, Medical College Bleser Professor of Neurology, Pediatrics and Hyperbaric Medicine.

. . .

Dan Ullrich
HealthLink Contributing Writer

For more information on this topic, see the HealthLink article Light Emitting Diodes Aid in Wound Healing.

Article Created: 2004-03-11
Article Updated: 2004-03-11

- Full article at link above.

-

maureen2174
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maureen2174     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle-

please don't stop posting about lightworks. your posts are so informative.

i appreciate all of the research that you do and also that you share it with all of us.

i like to hear your progress using it as well- i look forward to reading these posts!

Posts: 871 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, this is your Lightworks thread and maybe you can make a post that links to your other lightworks threads, here, and then let this thread continue as you continue to have experiences.

For instance this is the first I heard that you stopped Cowden which I know you thought was helping you, just because of Lightworks!

People have to be a little gentle with each other on both sides because posts can get misinterpreted. You write it in one mood, the other person sees it in another mood. I think you should just have your Lightworks thread which we will all follow with interest. Don't stop posting, please.

I can assure you from my experience with various LED devices the Nogier frequencies make quite a dfiference. My little Chee device with 14 LED's, a few white, a few blue, a few red and a few infrared, was quite powerful because of Nogier frequencies.

We're dealing with cell signalling factors here. The question is what signals are we creating? We don't really know.

Also, how important are the nosodes? Who really knows. Holding the nosodes and treating sounds a bit to me like NAET, where you may be changing the body's response to something. I do not think you're getting rid of borrelia, but maybe you are changing your energetic response.

I doubt you get rid of borrelia of longstanding in just a few weeks.

Anyway, people, when they have high hopes to get out of their horrible suffering, get very emotional about their cure d'jour. And they can feel very defensive when questions are raised. Though this is not the case right now with LEDs I have seen people hold onto a therapy that was doing them great harm, with delusional hope for it and a refusal to admit it was harming them. In particular with salt/c, where I made my own a$$anine error in believing someone who said it was curing him even while he was applying for SSDI and suffering very bad side effects...and somebody else, sweet as could be, who stuck with it for 2 years until she ended up on an oxygen tank in a wheelchair....before she would go off it! People are suffering a great deal and so desperately want to believe in something, and we have to be aware of that dangers in reports from others and in our own treatments we engage in, ourselves. I myself am always interested in collecting as much information as possible, esp. after a few mistakes I made in my own decisions and care re lyme. Anyone experimenting with these devices is useful to us if they report their experiences. I really appreciated all 3 reports from Germany, and I too concluded that for now, this is on hold for me. I haven't even used my Lightworks as I go step by step and I'm doing some other things now.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

It's hard to sort out people being defensive about things they believe will work.

We all hope for an easy way to deal with this & it's hard to figure out if something is working - especially if the sign for that is getting worse...

I figured the the LightWorks would be a way to test a different modality (infrared light) without incurring a huge cost.

This way people could either use it as a test to go on to further treatment or just by itself.

I know people get very defensive about their beliefs about things. The way I see it is one man's/women's meat is another man's/women's poison.

What works for one, doesn't necessarily work for everyone.

I felt the light treatment was so strong - I didn't want to use anything else. For some reason - it seemed to be too much to use other things like alot of supplements, herbs, drugs, etc. That's why I have stopped the herbs for about a week.

When I used the LightWork it made sense to me why Dr. W uses homeopathics... it seems better suited towards healing with light.

To make an analogy - it's like putting sauerkraut on a hot dog instead of something like putting ice cream on a hot dog. It just seem more compatible when using light to use homeopathics. It makes sense.

I have been under a great deal of stress due to other things outside of dealing with Lyme - as I'm sure we all are.

I'm just having a difficult day today & I'm really not feeling well.

The weather is very hot & humid. Someone outside has been burning debris in the yard outside my house all of the week & the smoke is coming in the house... I'm having a hard time breathing. I only got 1 hour of sleep - so, I'm not in a good state right now.

I used the LightWorks last night & I've been in alot of pain today. So, my thoughts are a bit skewered...

I posted numerous articles about studies using light for healing. I'll post a link here to them again, a little later. I really want to investigate further about LEDs & waveforms.

To me, it seems that inchoherent light does not have a particular waveform but I have to research it further. Having a structure seems to be more of an aspect of coherent light but I have to look into it further.

I'm not sure if this has any effect on treatments with light. I spoke with someone who has been selling these light arrays for healing for a long time & he thought it was the 880 nm wavelength that was significant for healing... not so much the frequencies, waveform, etc.

i don't really know... I don't know if using brighter or stronger light, different frequencies, different LEDs, waveform, etc. would have a better effect, less herxing, etc.

All of these things may have an effect but it's hard for me to tell. All I know now is that I really am feeling a very strong effect from using the LightWorks for about an hour last night.

Maybe it was a little too long? I tried different frequencies on various parts of my body. It actually feels good to me when I'm using it - so, I like to continue but I think it may be too long to use it for an hour for me, right now.

I'm going to give it a rest & try it again when the pain calms down a bit. I'm feeling mostly pain in my back, neck & head & I've been feeling a bit agitated.

I'm usually fairly calm so I think this may be a result of the herx effect on me. I know some people experience a kind of "lyme rage". I can see what they mean but it's OK. It's not too bad...

It's just that in combination with other stress factors, lack of sleep, etc. I feel like I'm turning into a warewolf or something LOL...

I'm sure it will pass. I'll keep you posted.

I'm glad you posted a reply, GiGi... I just don't really see any need to be at odds. I feel like my research is supporting the use of the Bionic 880. I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong or say that infrared light doesn't work.

It's a hardship for people to go to Europe for treatment, buy the Bionic 880, etc. I just felt that the LightWorks may be a way to sample the effects that Dr. W was able to achieve & to see if it really had any validity before spending a large amount of money.

It seems that it is doing something but it's hard to tell if it's actually a cure right now. If I had access to unlimited cash, I don't know if I'd go to Germany for treatment just yet.

That's just my opinion right now. Since I don't mind experimenting... my next step is that I am going to make an auto nosode & try that as opposed to using Bb nosodes.

I thought it over & it's seems the right thing to do for me right now when I stop herxing. I know it's controversial but I'm up for experimenting.

If you don't know... an auto nosode is a homeopathic preparation of your own body fluids.

I am not telling anyone to do this! So don't get mad at me if you try this stuff & it doesn't work or worse yet, it makes you ill... Do so at your own risk!

When I'm feeling better - I may try to go back on the Cowden herbs but I have to think it over & see how I'm feeling.

That's all to report for now.

Good luck to everyone!

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Hi Sparkle, I used mine yesterday for an hour, too. I was feeling pretty good yesterday up till then .... fatigued, but still functional.

The Lightworks totally wiped me out and I had an increase in babesia symptoms. I had air hunger so badly that I had to work very hard not to hyperventilate.

I was also very wiped out and felt toxic.

Today I plan on focusing on detox. I think I'll skip everything I normally take except for meds and detox herbs.

I also seem to have overdone it.

I can see your point how it would work best with homeopathy .... but right now I'm having my hot dog with ice cream.

--------------------

CraigC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraigC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excuse my ignorance, but what exactly does the Lightworks system do, how much does it cost, and is it safe? I think the biggest issue is whether a novice user like myself could do it, and not cause bodily harm. Should it be done by a knowledgeable medical practioner, or is it safe for anyone to use?

I'm not trying to argue with anyone, I just am not versed in this type of treatment. Can someone explain?

--------------------
Craig

Posts: 207 | From Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

It's an infrared light. http://www.braintuner.com/lightworks.htm

It is simple to use. It is safe. But it is also strong, so use it moderately in the beginning.

Yesterday I Googled a lot about infrared light. It is used by NASA because in zero gravity the astronauts have trouble healing. The light gives energy to the cells so that they heal faster. It also helps them with conditioning and other problems space causes.

It is also being used in a cancer ward to help people with mouth sores caused by chemo/radiation that get so bad they can't eat normally.

You can learn a lot about infrared light and experiment with it to see how it helps Lyme.

I get a heck of a herx from it, so it must be doing something. We will find out as time goes on.

--------------------

oxygenbabe
Member # 5831

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oxygenbabe     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe these LED's essentially work by upregulating or downregulating cell signalling factors. Question is--what and where? Is it a herx?

Sparkle sorry you feel lousy. I understand the enviornmental issues and have many in my building. It can drive you crazy. Hope you get a nap.

Posts: 2276 | From united states | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Thank's for the article Keebler, we both read it, it's good to boost your knowledge , without any selling aspect behind it.

It was an hand held instrument , penetrating depth 9 in's ( 23 cm ) . Near infrared.

I think it said, used for 10 second's a day, for cancer burn's, amazing healing, as chemo damages immune system, so it's difficult for healing to take place.

Astronauts come back, bone and muscle loss, plus low Immune system. It speed's up there recovery.

If the Lightworks boost's T cell's, and put's new and stronger life into the Immune System , then rather than the Lightwork's killing the Bb, it's possible your own immune System, has become more activated , and strengthened . And It's you that's killing Bb off.

It's hard to take in something like that, as alone, we know , without outside help, our body's and Immune System, get's overwhelmed with Bb. That is the nature of the Beast. It's what it sets out to do in the first instant's, it want's to survive.

I can't help but think that your on to something here.
Not a " cure" exactly , but a major new killing strategy.

Something for you to consider.

Hope your feeling better, in mind body and spirit.
Kind regard's.
herx UK.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Interesting NASA link on infrared light and the studies going on with it. http://tinyurl.com/62lh2a

For release: 11-13-03
Photo release #: 03-199

Light emitting diodes bring relief to young cancer patients; NASA technology used for plant growth now in clinical trials

Large 1712 x 1368 (300)
Medium 500 x 400 (72)
Thumbnail 100 x 100 (72)

Healing power of light. Glowing red light emitted by light-emitting diodes or LEDs has been used to grow plants on NASA's Space Shuttle. Researchers at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee and several other U.S. and foreign hospitals are using this near-infrared light, now in the second phase of clinical trials, to promote wound healing. (NASA/MSFC photo by B. Himelhoch, Medical Center Graphics Inc.)

Large 1712 x 1368 (300)
Medium 500 x 400 (72)
Thumbnail 100 x 100 (72)

Wound healing device. The wound-healing device made by Quantum Devices Inc. in Barneveld, Wis., is a small 3.5-inch by 4.5-inch (90 by 145-millimeter) portable, flat array of light-emitting diodes, or LEDs. A nurse practitioner places the LED array on the outside of a patient's cheek where it shines for just over a minute each day, promoting wound healing and preventing mouth sores caused by radiation and chemotherapy. Quantum Devices, the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, and researchers at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin in Milwaukee are conducting the multi-year project through a contract with the Technology Transfer Department at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala. (NASA/MSFC photo by B. Himelhoch, Medical Center Graphics Inc.)

Large 1712 x 1368 (300)
Medium 500 x 400 (72)
Thumbnail 100 x 100 (72)

Light-emitting diodes promote cell growth. Skin, bone and muscle cells grown in cultures are exposed to the same light-emitting diodes used to treat wounds in patients and grow plants in space. Biologists at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee have shown that cells exposed to the near-infrared light grow 150 to 200 percent faster than ground control cells not stimulated by the light. Through a research project funded by NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala., scientists are trying to learn more about the way cells convert light to energy and identify the wavelengths of light that are most effective at stimulating growth. (NASA/MSFC photo by B. Himelhoch, Medical Center Graphics Inc.)

Large 1280 x 960 (300)
Medium 500 x 375 (72)
Thumbnail 100 x 100 (72)

Three types of red light. Ellen Buchmann, a molecular biologist at the Medical College of Wisconsin in Milwaukee, is conducting research to investigate how infrared energy from light-emitting diodes influences the growth of cells. Doctors are examining how this infrared energy promotes wound healing. Three rows of glowing light-emitting diodes release energy at specific wavelengths. Different cells, such as skin, bone and muscle cells, respond differently to various wavelengths or energy levels of light. The light can penetrate tissue to a depth of up to 9 inches (23 centimeters). Quantum Devices Inc., of Barneveld, Wis., manufactures the light-emitting diode units as part of a contract through the Technology Transfer Department at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala. (NASA/MSFC/T. McMahan)

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

This article is a MUST READ! It explains HOW near infrared light works on the cells. It also talks about how it is going into clinical trial for Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis.

It already has effectively treated neuropathy in diabetes and blindness caused by methanol.

The Dept. of Defense uses it in the field for wound healing. NASA uses it.

My daughter (who is in remission) and I have had our biggest herxes in months from the Lightworks.

http://www.cuph.org/projects/global/material/546/binary/

--------------------

steelbone
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14014

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steelbone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Goof

Since you herx so much using the lightworks, would you mind explaining your protocol? Might be helpfull

Thx

--------------------
All The Best,
Paul
[email protected]

The harder you work the luckier you get!

Posts: 965 | From Nebraska Cornhuskers fan in Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Sure, it's not too difficult and I don't know that I'm doing it "right", but I use it on the inside of both wrists, face, neck, chest, stomach, and both ears. It takes about an hour.

I have been using frequency C and E .... but I am wanting to try other frequencies, like B on stomach and neck and G on face/head.

I've been taking chlorella and zeolite to mop up toxins and drink a lot of water during and after treatment. Also using FIR sauna and coffee enemas. Toxins need to be addressed.

I'm feeling much better today. [Smile]

--------------------

CraigC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13732

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CraigC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read the link regarding Lightworks and its corresponding frequencies, but it didn't seem always clear, as to where the wand was to be placed. For instance, for cerebral issues, I am guessing that we would use it all over the head area? For such things as muscles, I think I can figure that out, but it wasn't clear as certain other medical issues.

--------------------
Craig

Posts: 207 | From Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nobody
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nobody     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, please do continue to post on lightworks. I got mine, and plan to continue to use it.
Your updates are very informative.

I think it is very closed-minded for some folks to say "oh only the bionic 880 will work and if you don't agree with me, get lost!"

Those folks (you know who you are) should understand that not everybody can just pick up and go to Germany and buy such a machine, and if a viable alternative exists (and for much less) in this country, why shouldn't we try it??

So, to all you cranky gits, do what you want and stop insisting that only your way is the right way. Giving all the bionic 880 info is great, but don't bash everything else people are trying. Do you know everything?? I sure don't, but I keep my mind open.

Thanks so much for your posts, Sparkle.
[Smile]

Posts: 111 | From Nowhere | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

I'm still a bit nauseaous today but I'm feeling alot better. I had a bad headache at around 6am so I took some Excederin & it went away.

It seems to me that these are all the classic symptoms of a herx. I had mostly increased pain, headache, nausea, intestinal pain, cramps... Seem like a detox reaction. I also felt agitated - like something was being stirred up.

I don't know if it's a die-off or if my body is realizing there's an invader & fighting it off with increased white blood cells, T-cells, etc... good question.

There are tons of articles about light being used for healing from Eastern Europe & Russia. They did alot of research on this over there. Some of the articles are translated & I'll post some links.

This website has 75 studies about the effects of various forms of light used for healing -

http://www.laserpartner.cz/lasp/web/en.htm

Click on the years listed below the banner artwork to see all the studies.

I also found a study done that says exposure to infrared light can prevent damage from UV light.

There are studies about blue light being effective for healing as well:

http://www.laserpartner.cz/lasp/web/en/2003/0058.htm

excerpt:

Blue Light Blood Irradiation Therapy

Currently the methods of laser and non-laser (incoherent monochromic, narrow-band or broadband) light blood irradiation therapy - the methods of photohemotherapy - are widely applied in the treatment of different pathologies.

H. Kost et al. (1986) offered blood irradiation with incoherent narrow-band blue light for the treatment of patients with ischemic heart disease and hypertensive disease.

The drop in low-density lipoproteins and cholesterol content of the blood serum was determined. Further studies proved the broad therapeutic activity of the blue light blood irradiation procedures.

In studies of medico-biological effects of extracorporeal blue light irradiation of blood V. I. Karandashov et al. (1996, 2000) detected dropping of viscosity of blood immediately after the reinfusion.

The viscosity of the blood plasma also was reduced, but to less degree than viscosity of blood, and had correlation with concentration of blood proteins. All these have results in augmentation of flowability of blood and improvement of microcirculation.

The changes of viscosity of blood and hematocrit are determined by intravascular dilution of extravascular fluid with lower concentration of high molecular weight proteins.

After the completing the course of irradiation the viscosity of blood was always lower than it was before the treatment. The decrease of concentration of cholesterol, triglycerides, lipoproteins and glucose was also marked.

Thus, the phototherapy by blue light did not damage the blood cells, but stipulated dropping of concentration of atherogenous lipids, glucose and bilirubin.

The obtained alterations had tendency to increase and stabilisation at carrying out of a course of phototherapy. At the same time studies showed that blue light does not affect the rheological properties of the blood in vitro.

The infusion of the blood irradiated with blue light had immunostimulative activity for patients with chronic asthmatic bronchitis.

It was also shown that immediately after the infusion of irradiated blood all main parameters of respiratory function were improved, and the increasing of effect was detected during and after the course of treatment.

Blue light blood irradiation therapy presents very good results in the treatment of different pathologies.

It looks like it combines the best properties of both UBI and LBI procedures. Probably in the near future the blue light blood irradiation therapy will be used much more actively, than today.

-----

There are lots of studies about all of these treatments. I just think we don't hear about it because the drug companies would loose ALOT of money if this info becomes widely known.

-----

My protocol is this, now...

I don't really feel I need to use the Cowden herbs. I take a multi vitamin (food based), some extra magnesium, calcium, & some other vitamins I have around here like a brain formula from Jarrow, extra B-12, etc.

I mostly take them because I have them around the house. I don't think any of these things have created the effect I'm getting from the LightWorks.

Some people know I was experimenting with bee venom honey... I stopped taking that. I think it's effective but I just don't feel I need it right now.

I have been focusing on pulling toxins out so I use:
clay for internal use (about a tsp a day)
psylium seed
an herbal bowel cleansing formula

I just mix them together & drink it with some water & juice.

I also take chlorella & a probiotic with L planarius (re: Marnie's post)

I don't take any supplements at the same time I take the bowel cleansing stuff since it may absorb any benefits of the chlorella, probiotic, etc.

I am also taking a whey product to boost glutathione. It's mainly just because I have it here & thought it may do some good.

The real focus is on the infrared light & detoxing. Some additional nutrients may be good to add since you don't want to get depleted due to the bowel cleansers.

It seems like the bad stuff (dead spirochetes?) are being processed through my bowels. I don't know if this is true but this is what feels like is going on.

I'm also drinking ALOT of water & iced green tea. Taking baths in Epsom salt.

The herxing was pretty extreme so I took some prescription pain meds for that.

GiGi mentioned about this line of products. I think they may be helpful -

http://www.forresthealth.com/store/product.php?productid=16279&cat=0&page=1

Apo-Hepat
The primary remedy for stimulating and regulating vital metabolic liver functions, which include the indispensable duties of excretion, detoxification and phagocytosis.

Itires
Eliminates local and systemic inflammation of the lymphatic tissues, supports the reduction of swollen lymph nodes and promotes the efficient flow of the lymph.

Renelix
Supports the excretion of toxins deposited in the kidney cells and helps restore normal kidney function.

This whole-body homeopathic detoxification program is for the stimulation and detoxification of the liver, lymphatics & kidneys.

I used a pendulum & found that the one for liver function (Apo-Hepat) may be beneficial for me. The pendulum indicayed that I didn't need the other ones. I'm going to order it soon.

Hope this helps.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

CraigC - do a search f this website for LightWorks or posts under my name.

There's alot of info that I posted already.

I basically use the light on:
inner wrists - for light blood irridiation
heart area - for light blood irridiation
belly button - for light blood irridiation
ears - Nogier points
crown of my head - brain function?
forehead - brain function?

& where ever it hurts - like my lower back, shoulders, neck

The spirochetes live in collagen so it may help to use it on those areas of the body.

It can also be used to normalize the hormones. I use it on my uterus, ovaries area & my kidney area - I think the adrenal glands are on top of the kidneys.

Some people like to use it on accupuncture points. The feet are probably a good place to use the light on.

I guess you just have to experiment...

Just go slow & be prepared to have a big herx. Don't use it if you have a big appointment the next day or something.

Give yourself lots of time to rest & heal & drink lots of water.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
This article is a MUST READ! It explains HOW near infrared light works on the cells. It also talks about how it is going into clinical trial for Parkinson's and Multiple Sclerosis.
Six, I hope you don't mind but I want to give you a big hug.

In this article is an extremely important tidbit, I know Marnie would appreciate. And if that insulting know it all Niek were around maybe he might finaly connect with what Marnie was trying to say and possibly learn something.

From the article:
quote:

So what effect does NIR light have on the mitochondria?
Like chloroplasts in plants, it now appears that
mitochondria can also convert light into metabolic
energy the animal cell can use.
While most visible light cannot penetrate our
skin, NIR light can reach cells several centimeters
down at the site of internal injuries, where it acts
upon an important mitochondrial enzyme, cytochrome
oxidase.
``Through this enzyme, the light gives a molecular
kick to the mitochondria, telling the cell to turn on
a large number of antioxidant and energy-boosting
genes and proteins,'' she says.

I guess the manner in which we generate energy is similar to plants after all. "Like chloroplasts in plants" from the article. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adamm
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I, for one, always appreciate your posts, which are consistently

intelligent and well-informed. I do hope that you continue to share

your experiences with us,

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sparrow
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sparrow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope you post about your experience with the auto nosode. I printed out the instructions you posted not long ago.

One of my daughter's doctors has suggested doing this with her blood and reinjecting it in accupuncture points. He said she will really herx so we haven't done this yet, but are considering it.

Please post when you do this.

Posts: 177 | From God's Grace | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Bob - Niek was not very well informed... I guess that's why he stopped posting.

I don't have a problem with people who have different opinions. I'm not right all the time. I do try to do as much research as I can so I can make informed decisions.

If anyone wants to debate, it's fine with me. Maybe I'll learn something...? I just don't appreciate it when people are ignorant & rude. I just ignore them - it's not a big deal.

My ego isn't invested in my research. I'm not selling anything. I don't mind if people have something to add or want to correct me.

I'm just trying to help people. I know how frustrating this illness is.

Thanks for the support! I hope we can all get well & we don't have to spend so many hours looking for info on Lymenet.

Even though I never met any of you in person, I feel like we have friendships.

We can do this! (ie: get well)

PS - be careful with herxing! It's not always a good idea to be extreme. Your body needs time to detoxify & heal. Be moderate. Don't overdo it.

I'm going to make the auto nosode sometime soon. I calculated that you need about 4 gallons of water. I think I'm just going to buy spring water even if it's in a plastic bottle...

I have a filter but it's been running kind of slow - it's probably clogged with sediment. I don't have any containers for 4 gallons, either.

I never heard of that about injecting the homeopathics into accupuncture points. That's pretty wild... I'm going to check into it further. I don't plan on doing it but it's an interesting thought.

I'll keep you posted...

bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle,

I am using an auto nosode this week, and like what it is doing. I got this idea from you, by the way.

I had one day of being very tired and having a headache, and today I am so energized that I test for half my dosage of Cortef, which is a miracle, because I had to take an increased dose two weeks ago.

I'm planning on trying a new autonosode with the lightworks, if it tests positive for me to do so. I look forward to hearing your experiences.

I'm not using the lightworks yet, because I like to space new treatments at least two weeks apart for better objectivity.

I'm curious about your recipe for an autonosode, and how it compares to the one I am using. Where do you have it posted? I must have missed it.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Bob, I'll take a hug any day. [Smile] I thought it was a wonderful article and really explained how infrared light helps us.

Bejoy, how do you use your nosodes? I understand how to use them with the light.

Can either of you (Bejoy or Sparkle) give more details on how to make this autonosode?

I plan on buying the Lyme nosode and homeopathic vials from AR, who sells the green laser. I'll use the green laser with the two remedies before I use my Lightworks. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

THE FORMULA

Here is how to make a nosode:

Note: This is not the typical Hahnemann style of making a homeopathic remedy. This way is faster, much easier and requires less equipment - yet still as effective. All of which is critical when time is of the essence.

1)�� You will need to get a sample of the pathogen from an infected person.� Saliva, blood, urine or the pus from a sore all contain the disease.� They all work well, the more sources combined, the better.

2)�� Use a clean glass jar (approximately pint size) and collect the samples, then fill the test of the jar with drinking water.� Mix or shake well.� This is your mother tincture.

3)�� Empty your jar leaving only the amount in the jar that sticks to the sides.

4)�� Succussion:� This process energizes the new water with the energy from the original mixture but at a minute level.� The process requires hitting the covered jar down firmly 100 times against a stable object such as a book.� Many practitioners use a bible.

5)�� Repeat steps 3 and 4 twenty-eight (28) times by filling up the jar with drinking water, succussing 100 times, then emptying it out.

6)�� On the 30th time fill the jar as follows:
����� a)�� 80% drinking water and 20% pure grain alcohol (golden grain) - OR -
����� b)�� 60% drinking water and 40% vodka
�����
Note:� The golden grain or vodka serve as a preservative.

At a 30c concentration [meaning that the remedy has been diluted thirty times by a factor of one hundred], there is no original physical substance remaining.�

The dilution is now purely vibrational with the power to stimulate the body to heal itself.�

Take 10 drops under the tongue 3 times a day as a preventative.�
Or 5 drops every 30 minutes in an acute infection.��

Allow 30 seconds to a minute to be absorbed before talking or swallowing.�

Avoid food or drink 20 minutes either side of taking the remedy.

-----
The authors of the�article are Thomas Lawler (President/Founder,�BioRenew, Inc.), and Chris Kotter (BNP, LMT) - Contact them via www.biorenew.com, or [email protected].�

The�contents of�this email�are for information and historical purposes only, and is not a personal�endorsement of any�specific medical treatment.

lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Six, I found in that article everything I needed to put in better perspective all the great information Marnie had been posting. Specifically the association between energy production in humans is also based on light.

In forming a group you have to be able to answer these kinds of questions. I know I can't use too much biochemistry, but an actual article which is so helpful in explaining, "priceless". This is great timing, I'm going to a large support group meeting to talk about the bionic 880 (don't mean to offend if I'm mixing posts). [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

It is a good article Bob. I'm glad it will help you with your venture. [Smile]

I am taking it to my LLMD at my appt in a couple weeks. He's so open to alternative treatments that I want to talk to him about this.

--------------------

sunshinyday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sunshinyday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't let anyone scare you away from sharing anything you think might be valuable information.

Keep sharing on your lightworks.\

Please I want to hear it, and I am sure there are others too.

Gail

--------------------
Gail

Posts: 234 | From Sterling, Ma | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LoneDove
Member # 16516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneDove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle

Another vote for your continuing posts. As a person new to this forum but not to basic netiquette, it's rather shocking that mods don't rein in the crankiness. Ah, well...

Anyhoo, I've been using a mag pulsar with 2 herxes and feel much better esp. joints but not 100 percent. Ordered litewrks and a silver device today so by next week I'll report my reactions.

[Wink] Question for Litework users:

Has anyone noticed any favorable cosmetic results on their face on the other side of the paddle?....inquiring minds would like to know.

Posts: 78 | From SW | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Hi Dove, I'm hoping for cosmetic results, too. [Big Grin] I read that the 880 goes deeper than the red side so I use the 880 on my face.

Haven't noticed anything yet.

--------------------

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Bob - you will be punished... It is verboten!

( Just in case you don't know what it means - http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/verboten )

I really wish someone would do a comparison of both devices or others. It would be interesting to compare & contrast the similarities & differences.

Also - there are 75 articles about healing with light on this website:

http://www.laserpartner.cz/lasp/web/en.htm

----

My boyfriend uses the red LED side on his bald spot (shhh - don't tell anyone I said that... you know how men are about their bald spots).

I think yellow LEDs are supposed to be good for the complexion.
Blue LEDs are supposed to be good for healing acne.

LoneDove
Member # 16516

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LoneDove     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
O shades of "Stalag..I know nuthink!"
LOL [Roll Eyes]

hmm...bald spots sounds interesting for my dh.

Another question....

sota's site mentions an extra paddle. Is there just the one 2 sided paddle that comes with liteworks?

Posts: 78 | From SW | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bejoy
Member # 11129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bejoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sota is just putting out an extra lightworks paddle that has different colors. I don't think it's available yet.

They have a yahoogroups that you can join, where Sota will answer questions about the lightworks, and where people share their experiences. I read up, but don't feel like rehunting the link. They keep it separate from their website for liability reasons.

Speaking of Sota, I love their silver pulser and their mag pulser. Did me a world of good. Sota machine junkie, I am.

Start a new machine-specific thread, please do, if you are getting results from any of these others. There was some minor interest about a year ago, but only a couple of us were playing at the time.

--------------------
bejoy!

"Do not go where the path may lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Posts: 1918 | From Alive and Well! | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Wow. Great news, Bejoy! That will be interesting to experiment with. I'd like to compile a list of the colors of LEDs & their potential properties.

It's kind of hard to find. There's alot of info on psychological effects of color but not direct scientific studies with LEDs on the body.

I think blue can be very useful in laser form for blood irridiation. I'm not sure how deep it penetrates from an LED, though.

I've seen yellow arrays for use for the skin - it's supposed to get rid of wrinkles by plumping up the collagen (if I recall correctly).

No sure about orange, violet, or green. I'll have to look into it.

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have experience with the BioMats (Amethyst, Jade) or know how they compare?
Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Pubmed study http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18440709:

quote:
Parkinson's disease is a common progressive neurodegenerative disorder characterized by the degeneration of dopaminergic neurons in the substantia nigra pars compacta.

Mitochondrial dysfunction has been strongly implicated in the pathogenesis of Parkinson's disease. Thus, therapeutic approaches that improve mitochondrial function may prove to be beneficial.

Previously, we have documented that near-infrared light via light-emitting diode (LED) treatment was therapeutic to neurons functionally inactivated by tetrodotoxin, potassium cyanide (KCN), or methanol intoxication, and LED pretreatment rescued neurons from KCN-induced apoptotic cell death.

The current study tested our hypothesis that LED treatment can protect neurons from both rotenone- and MPP(+)-induced neurotoxicity. Primary cultures of postnatal rat striatal and cortical neurons served as models, and the optimal frequency of LED treatment per day was also determined.

Results indicated that LED treatments twice a day significantly increased cellular adenosine triphosphate content, decreased the number of neurons undergoing cell death, and significantly reduced the expressions of reactive oxygen species and reactive nitrogen species in rotenone- or MPP(+)-exposed neurons as compared with untreated ones.

These results strongly suggest that LED treatment may be therapeutic to neurons damaged by neurotoxins linked to Parkinson's disease by energizing the cells and increasing their viability.

The study mentions Parkinson's specifically .... but in the context of neurotoxins. Since Lyme has neurotoxin involvement, I thought it was relevant.

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

From the 2005 Lyme Disease conference (article on the conference). http://www.canlyme.com/conf070505pt2.html

quote:
Fatigue is the most common symptom of all those diseases because the pathogenic intracellular bacteria attack the mitochondria or battery of the cell.

Lipids are the insulation for these mitochondria, and when the lipid membranes are stripped off, this depletes the energy and this is why fatigue is the most common complaint.

One of the keys to improvement then would be to somehow restore the mitochondria of the cell in order to restore energy.

--------------------

Keebler
Member # 12673

-

To learn more, there's a lot about mitochondria at this site: www.vrp.com - Vitamin Research Products.

- upper right hand corner, pull down the search menu from "products" to "articles"

Although they sell products at this site,they have excellent research articles, consistently backed with numerous top-notch citations.

-

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I used the LightWorks last night for 1/2 an hour (I was using it every day for about an hour, prior to the big reaction about a week or so ago). Much less herxing today! I even figured I could take the Cowden herbs again. I'm going to try the herbs & I'll see if it's a good idea to continue this way.

I skipped a day in between since I was in pretty bad shape.

I'm not sure if I should use it everyday for less time or every other day. I think the Bionic 880 protocol in Germany was 2 times a week. I also think that the Bionic 880 has a stronger or brighter light (more LEDs & stronger/brighter light).

If anyone has any thoughts - please post them.

I don't know anything about the mats with LEDs or the other products. If anyone does use them - please post your results so we can all learn.

The Lumen 90 seems good but it's in the $900 range. It's actually brighter than the Bionic 880... if you look at the specifications.

I don't know if this is an issue, though. I'm not sure how much light the cells can absorb at one time. If something is brighter - it just may mean that you use it for less time.

It's hard to say, though. I don't know if there are any studies about this that are for the public to read.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Sparkle, my thought is, listen to your body. If you are reacting still from the day before, don't use it.

I am also using Transfer Factor, which is throwing me for a loop. I don't know if my body can handle my immune system waking up! I am still on meds, but I am feeling more from the TF and Lightworks than I have from any med lately (except Zith).

I have been thinking back on my own reaction a couple days ago .... it was a HUGE babesia herx. I hyperventilated, but stopped it by breathing into my hands and slowing down my breathing (no paper bag close). That was the first time I've hyperventilated in a couple years from the babs.

I also was having two or three sweats per night for a couple days.

I'm doing lots of rest and detox between treatments. Also getting some sun and some exercise.

Anyway, got on a tangent .... I think you should listen to your body. When you can handle more, do more, when you handle less, do less. I'm thinking about using it twice per week for now.

--------------------

herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Sparkle.
Pleased to here your update, and you seem to have got rid of your toxic overload.

When I get mine, the major pill pushing I will do, is vitamin's, protein's, and acidophilus.

Because, IF it is the Immune System that's in OVERDRIVE, then it will want feeding.

It's a sad and disappointing time for us all, that we have to resort to take what measures we can, for this disease.
While the Establishment seem to have abandoned us.
Sorry to end in this note, but this is how I feel.

[Frown]

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I don't think I have any of the co-infections. Everything seems much more complicated if you have them along with the Lyme.

I seem to be kind of sick to my stomach. I've been taking clay, bowel detoxification mixture & psylium. I don't want to take too much of the bowel cleansers. I think it can deplete your body of other nutrients.

It seems when I take the herb tinctures from Cowden - it's too much. I couldn't even imagine using abx with this infrared light treatment... but I don't believe I have the co-infections, either.

I had a hard time with abx in any case. Some of you say you feel better from taking abx. I never felt any better the whole 8 months I tried various combinations of them. They just made me feel more ill on top of the Lyme & it didn't seem to help at all.

I think using the infrared light is an ongoing process. It may actually be cumulative...

We just have to keep testing it to see what happens. Ultimately, it's something big in regards to the spirochetes. I don't think we would be having this reaction if it wasn't killing them off.

I had a much bigger herx than when I was taking abx. We just have to do it gradually over time.

herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Sparkle.
Very rarely do I see a glimpse of those feeling a bit better times, as some of them speak of. I always seem bogged down with toxins.

So, I'm not expecting to feel anything but toxic and pain with the LTworks, I have no illusions about that. Killing, leads to the same thing, Toxins, how ever you do it, at least for me anyway.

But there may be added advantages with the LTworks, reduction of inflammation, less or no ABX,
( less Toxins ) maybe less muscle pain eventually.

So all in all, its worth a try.
How this will work out with ABX, thats another thing I will have to wait and see. As Goofy says, we will have to listen to our body's.

bejoy
Member # 11129

Here's the link for the lightworks discussion board for those interested:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/SOTA_LightWorks/

--------------------
bejoy!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Thanks. I joined it...
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Here's a tip I got from the folks at SOTA_LightWorks group on Yahoo:

"You might want to include the spine clear up at brainstem, and down spine do tail bone...... so you can include the Cerebral Spinal Fluid, which should catch a lot of the critters....."

I tried it & I felt alot better! I just let the LightWorks run through all of the frequencies, 2 times - at the top of my spine & at the tailbone.

I was really in alot of pain today & it did help.

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DolphinLady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sparkle, have you looked into the Amethyst Biomat by Richway? You treat your whole body (spine and all) while lying on it.
I have no financial ties.

Posts: 925 | From California | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

Couldn't wait to tell everybody, tonight ( sunday ) my LTwrk's are now ordered. My daughter comes about once a week, and teaches me a bit at a time how to us the computer. I couldn't order it myself as I have a lot to learn yet. She ordered it from E BAY UK, supposed to be fast delivery.

She was very impressed by what she read. She want's to try it, ( no idea why ) as she hasn't got Lyme. I think I will be a bit nervous of it at first though.

Sparkle, hope you find something out about the Euro user's.

DolphinLady
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6275

Sparkle, sorry I missed your earlier post about the biomat/other light devices.

I will keep all posted on my experience with the mat if I get one.

Thanks for leading us in this wonderful discussion!

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Everybody... keep us posted about good or bad results or anything related. If you use homeopathy or abx or other supplements - let everyone know how it's working.

This way we all can learn from each other!

Good to hear, herxuk. My boyfriend uses it & he loves it. He doesn't have Lyme. It's good for alot of things! Aches & pains, accupuncture meridians, wounds, growing hair???

SOTA is coming out with different color paddles soon, too (see below)!

The colours we have chosen are: Blue, Green, Amber and Yellow.

We have also re-designed the RED side to now have a mixture in a random pattern of:

1) 20 x Red @ 660nm
2) 20 x Red @ 635nm
3) 20 IR @ 880nm

The otherside of the paddle will have:
1) 55 IR @ 880nm
2) 5 x Red at 635nm

-----

I'll post more info about the colors & what they are supposed to treat, tomorrow. I have a Word document file I have to copy it from.

Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it safe to use the lightworks while on high doses of ABX?

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

First of laser safety, cold laser or LED produce very little directed heat and therefor cannot do tissue damage. So yes they are regarded as being safe. Heat Lasers or focused lasers can do tissue damage just like in star wars. The tissue can be melted or burned.

The lightworks LED is a cold laser and is therefor save at least according to the FDA. Maybe a better testimonial then the FDA is science is regarding it as safe. If you feel concerned about it, ask your doctor. And if you ask your doctor, please post his/her response.

--------------------
Bob

sparkle7
Member # 10397

I don't think it's considered a cold laser since it's an LED wand.

There have been alot of studies that suggest that LEDs are very safe. I think the main thing is that the infrared light may cause an intense herx. You just have to proceed with caution in that respect.

I had a very intense herx & I'm still going through it. It's been about 2 weeks. It's funny becuse the infrared light caused the herx but it also can detoxify the neurotoxins.

None of us knows for sure how it effects the spirochetes & we are willing to experiment. Just be a bit cautious of that.

I'm not sure how it will interact with abx. I'm not taking them. Maybe some people will post their experiences so we can see what the effects are.

Some abx cause people to be photosensitive. Using an infrared light or LEDs may cause issues due to that.

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Just to let people know... I am not going to remove this thread. Some people have asked me about this in PMs.

I am doing very well with the LightWorks. I went through a pretty bad herx for about 2 weeks. I was sort of afraid to use the LightWorks during that time. I used it a little bit.

After reading the articles that were posted about Parkinsons & neurotoxins, I reconsidered.

I tried using it as suggested to me by someone on another message board. I used it on my spine near where my head joins the neck & the tailbone. It really helped. I just let it run through all of the frequencies.

So, it seems to me that it can make you herx pretty intensely but, then, it can also counteract the toxins.

I think infrared light is really an amazing tool. We have to keep in mind that it can make you worse for a bit if you have Lyme.

I don't know if everyone will be effected by it in the same way. We just have to experiment.

LoneDove
Member # 16516

I'm excitedly awaiting the arrival of my Lightworks...maybe tomorrow.

doing magnetic pulsing 2x a day and that helps joint pain but careful not to do too much to throw into herx. Understand LW can target lymph nodes and that would help alot.

Oh, yeah, just keep posting the great info and ignore the flak. Always look forward to your posts.

herxuk
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15873

My LT wrks will arrive this week LoneDove, perhaps you will explain magnetic Pulsing some time in thread. I have no idea what your talking about.!!! Completely in the dark about that. Thanks for update Sparkle.
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Not sure the real difference between cold laser and LED. I've read a few places where it seemed LED is a cold laser as well.

I'm still doing well with my lightworks. It definitely helps symptoms. I don't if this is the best way to describe it, but you feel a little more balanced, like your body is processing better and in better order. Sparkle maybe you can comment on it.

I only really felt bad the first 3 days.

I keep thinking the power difference of the Lumina Marnie mentioned or the 880 both are lot more powerful. Still hard to compare devices. In time I imagine we'll have that kind of information.

Sparkle, I very much agree using the nir behind the head at the top of the spine. I would definitely apply the wand there. [Smile]

--------------------
Bob

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement