LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » how do the chinese treat lyme?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how do the chinese treat lyme?
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just watched a show called "the dragon's ascent" and they reviewed chi, acupuncture, and herbal treatments.

do they have lyme in china? what treatments do they use?

do americans use any herbal treatments from china?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Haven't read it, but:

http://www.amazon.com/Lyme-Disease-Modern-Chinese-Medicine/dp/0967721318

Dr Ohhira's Essential Formulas

Probiotic - by a *Japanese microbiologist*

Saved my son's life. I am very serious about that!

I wonder how the Japanese would deal with Bb?

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah, i'm curious too. sometimes i just think they're ahead of us in some areas and i'd like to find out if they have lyme and how they're treating it, and if anybody over there is getting any better.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Zhang is from China and he has written a book on Chinese herbs for lyme which his company sells. Allicin, which is a very high potency garlic, is the primary herb he recommends for lyme but he also uses coptis and something he calls R5081. Houtuynia is used for bartonella and aretemisia for babesia.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Buster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A DOM I use to see used IV hyrdogen peroxide, colostrum, herbs, accupuncture, high dose IV vitamin c, and more...
Posts: 458 | From Miss | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peacemama
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17666

Icon 1 posted      Profile for peacemama     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw at least 10 Chinese doctors while I was struggling to find a dx over the years. None had a clue that it may have been lyme.

Nobody was able to help me.

Posts: 564 | From Tick Hell | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m0joey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 13494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for m0joey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chinese medicine focuses on balancing meridians, balancing organs. The focus has never been on pathogens unless acute, because the approach has always been that if your body is in balance chronic illness wouldn't have occurred.

With that said, I've only heard of Zhang's protocol

Posts: 713 | From Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme2health
Member # 19981

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme2health     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. Buhner has a book describing his Chinese herbal approach to lyme and co infections.
Posts: 62 | From U.S. | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme doesn't exist in the Orient. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marnie
Member # 773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seekhelp...a joke, right?

It is in China and Japan...

Google: lyme China
lyme Japan

They attribute it to bird migrations.

Our states...Alaska is one of four? What are the others and why?

http://www.lymeinfo.net/states.html (click on Alaska)

Posts: 9424 | From Sunshine State | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wtl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19883

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wtl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by m0joey:
Chinese medicine focuses on balancing meridians, balancing organs. The focus has never been on pathogens unless acute, because the approach has always been that if your body is in balance chronic illness wouldn't have occurred.

With that said, I've only heard of Zhang's protocol

m0joey is right. That is the reason people who studied the western medicine have a hard time accepting Chinese method of treatment.
Posts: 822 | From midwest | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YES, Marnie a joke of course. Just trying to lighten things up here with IDSA logic. [Smile]
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement