LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Took ELISA, negative of course :( UPDATE

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Took ELISA, negative of course :( UPDATE
StopTheItchPlz
Member # 23266

Icon 3 posted      Profile for StopTheItchPlz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all. I'm still rather new to the board but wanted to talk about this. Last week I had to see my urologist again, I'm on my 6th UTI since July of this year.

Well I got to see the nurse practitioner and I showed her my skin rashes and asked her about Lyme. She was open to it & ordered an ELISA for me which is pretty standard. Of course it came back negative. I am getting a copy of my results in the mail. I want to know what my actual numerical score is. I also want to know what lab it was sent to.

The dang receptionist couldn't read the results to me, she just said it was negative & that she'd send me a copy [shake]

Oh btw, the nurse prac. added interstitial cystitis to my huge repertoire of illnesses *GROAN* I can't wait to see my LLMD. The appointment isn't until March though. I am so ready to fight this crap & get my life back!!

Thanks for letting me vent:)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDITED:

I just got my test results in the mail. I scored a 0.91 on the ELISA--It was done at Quest Diagnostics. Just on the cusp, enough to be denied. I am so angry yet happy to know I am on the right path to recovery. I think at this point testing for coinfections will be so essential. I'm going to ride this rollercoaster of emotions now. I'm just in shock I think. Thanks for listening/reading.

~B

[ 12-04-2009, 03:43 PM: Message edited by: StopTheItchPlz ]

Posts: 50 | From Midwest | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor dear! It is SO frustrating to not have a clear cut answer and help immediately. You are out of luck on both situations right now.

May I suggest? If you've had 6 UTI you've probably had some antibiotics or you own your own cranberry bog and live right in the middle of it. Anyhow...

Those antibiotics were enough to throw off your test results. Doubtful at this point if you could pay the lab to show a positive result right now. But as you know, that doesn't mean you don't have Lyme.

Hang in there and TRY to focus on anything but this situation. I say that because I can promise you one thing for sure.

No matter how much you fret and worry... it will NOT cure the Lyme.

So you might as well not bother!

-

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LizaLu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LizaLu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would suggest getting on herbal antimicrobials (theres lots of resources here on what to use). That was how i started b4 getting into see my LLMD.

I saw a Naturopath doc who was lyme literate for the first 3 months b4 treatment. The first thing i did was get some colloidal silver which was available at GNC. It helped with some of my symptoms.

If you decide to do anything natural, go SLOW. It's not a race, it's a marathon.

Posts: 123 | From Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StopTheItchPlz
Member # 23266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StopTheItchPlz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you guys for the suggestions. LOLin@cranberry bog! Yes I have been on Cipro several times the past few months. It does a number on my gut:(

I think I'll try the colloidal silver. Many good things have been said about it, so it's worth a try.

Thanks again for the help! I appreciate any feedback.

Posts: 50 | From Midwest | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interstitial Cystitis is only diagnosed with an outpatient surgery which diagnoses it. (won't go into details here)

But... it sure sounds like you could have it. Go to the health food store and look for D-Mannose with CranActin. If you are in a lot of pain from the "IC".. then you may have trouble taking it.

I take one or two capsules per day and it has helped keep the infections away. I was having infections very often as well.

Try that or Vitamin C.

PS>.. My IC is 80-90% better since being treated for Lyme!!!

www.ichelp.org

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
StopTheItchPlz
Member # 23266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for StopTheItchPlz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow thanks Lymetoo! I will try the D mannose. My nurse practioner(at the urologist) said it was probably interstitial cystitis but they would have to do a scope first to confirm.

Still, I seem to have more pain in my ureters as opposed to the bladder or urethra. It always feels like it did when my kidney stones were working their way down my left ureter. Except now it's both sides. You know ureter pain...it's absolutely like no other!!

I am opting out of another surgical procedure that will only end up putting me further into debt lol To heck with the bandaid treatments. They will just stick me on more useless meds. I want to attack the root of all my health issues!

I do take lots of C chewables. It REALLY helps ward off colds. I have managed to avoid a cold yet this year *knock wood!!* I usually chew 3-4 tabs a day and I make my kiddos chew one daily too. I swear by Vitamin C! It's wonderful.

I am glad to know someone with similar symptoms going on, Lymetoo. It sure helps. I have coloidal silver & D-mannose written down on my grocery list! I'm getting them tonight. Many thanks for your advice:)

Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry you wasted the want on Quest. They are not the best for that test.
Good Luck with your LLMD.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to help!! Make sure the D-mannose has CranActin.

The reason for the Vit C or Cranberry is to change the ph of the urine. That helps keep the infections away.

Ouch to the ureter pain. Hubby has had kidney stones, so I'm aware of how terrible that pain can be!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement