LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Kidney Stones Passing

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kidney Stones Passing
treepatrol
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 4117

Icon 5 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have had 3 kidney stones pass in the last 2 month period and its only been when I have had at least 8 to 10 beers.
I am off all abxs since last december so a year is almost up I was on abxs for 8 years straight.

1. The question is has any one else (old timers) had this happen?

2. What do you think caused this the extended period of abx's?

I drink plenty of water I have been drinking milk lately.
Or
3. Do you think it could be one of the probiotics that brought this on?

Probiotics were B12 complex,Magnesium,vitamin d,fish oil,cq10,multi vitamin,acidophilis,yogurt. [lick]

???

--------------------
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amberini
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21281

Icon 1 posted      Profile for amberini         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you considered Gout?
Posts: 125 | From US | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vitamin E will help kidney stones. There are

several articles on it for gall stones and kidney

stones. It prevents the formation of calcium

stones. For some reason it picks up calcium and

cholesterol in the blood and takes it with it. It

is a powerful antioxidant. I take 1000 after

ramping up from 200. I have read the best results

have been after getting rid of them in the prevention of them forming again.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Neil M Martin
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 2357

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Neil M Martin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've passed three kidney stones, and some sand. Resently my urine has at times been very red (gross hematuria). My urologist thinks the GH is from stone passage, not abx., but when the 3 passed last year I saw no GH. Interesting post.

--------------------
Neil

Posts: 697 | From Tucson, AZ USA | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Magnesium and vitamin B6 for kidney stone prevention
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0ISW/is_267/ai_n15677755/

Comment: Although there was no control group in this study, the results strongly suggest that supplementing with modest doses of magnesium and vitamin B6 can greatly reduce the recurrence rate of calcium oxalate kidney stones.

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe the calcium in the multi???

You're still taking probiotics? or did you mean to say "supplements" above?

I hope you get it figured out!! My husband gets those!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by amberini:
Have you considered Gout?

When I was treating lyme i was border line gout and i could usually tell because either my big toe would get sore or my right knee which is the good one. And since passing stones knock on wood i have had know pain from gout?

--------------------
Remember Iam not a Doctor Just someone struggling like you with Tick Borne Diseases.

Newbie Links

Posts: 10564 | From PA Where the Creeks are Red | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

Icon 1 posted      Profile for treepatrol     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Pinelady:
Vitamin E will help kidney stones. There are

several articles on it for gall stones and kidney

stones. It prevents the formation of calcium

stones. For some reason it picks up calcium and

cholesterol in the blood and takes it with it. It

is a powerful antioxidant. I take 1000 after

ramping up from 200. I have read the best results

have been after getting rid of them in the prevention of them forming again.

This is why I really wary of V e.
Vitamin E consumption and the risk of coronary heart disease in men
EB Rimm, MJ Stampfer, A Ascherio, E ... - New England Journal ..., 1993 - content.nejm.org
Results After controlling for age and several coronary risk factors, we observed a lower risk of
coronary disease among men with higher intakes of vitamin E (P for trend = 0.003). For men
consuming more than 60 IU per day of vitamin E, the multivariate relative risk was 0.64 ...
Cited by 1602 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 8 versions

Vitamin E consumption and the risk of coronary disease in women
MJ Stampfer, CH Hennekens, JAE Manson, ... - The New England ..., 1993 - nejm.highwire.org
Results As compared with women in the lowest fifth of the cohort with respect to vitamin E
intake, those in the top fifth had a relative risk of major coronary disease of 0.66 (95 percent confidence
interval, 0.50 to 0.87) after adjustment for age and smoking. Further adjustment for a ...
Cited by 1645 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 9 versions

Direct observation of a free radical interaction between vitamin E and vitamin C
JE Packer, TF Slater, RL Willson - 1979 - nature.com
VITAMIN E ( -tocopherol) and vitamin C (ascorbic acid) react rapidly with organic free
radicals, and it is widely accepted that the antioxidant properties of these compounds are responsible
in part for their biological activity 1−5 . Tissue vitamin C levels are often considerably ...
Cited by 741 - Related articles - All 3 versions

Randomised controlled trial of vitamin E in patients with coronary disease: ...
NG Stephens, A Parsons, PM Schofield, F Kelly, K ... - Lancet, 1996 - ncbi.nlm.nih.gov
BACKGROUND: Vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol) is thought to have a role in prevention of
atherosclerosis, through inhibition of oxidation of low-density lipoprotein. Some epidemiological
studies have shown an association between high dietary intake or high serum ...
Cited by 1748 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 8 versions

►Meta-analysis: high-dosage vitamin E supplementation may increase all-cause ...
... , D Dalal, RA Riemersma, LJ Appel, E ... - Annals of Internal ..., 2005 - Am Coll Physicians
Background: Experimental models and observational studies suggest that vitamin E supplementation
may prevent cardiovascular disease and cancer. However, several trials of high-dosage vitamin
E supplementation showed non-statistically significant increases in total mortality.
Cited by 812 - Related articles - BL Direct - All 18 versions

Vitamin E supplementation and cardiovascular events in high-risk patients. The ...
S Yusuf, G Dagenais, J Pogue, J Bosch, P Sleight - N Engl J Med, 2000 - grande.nal.usda.gov
Record Detail. Return to previous page, Save: Title: Vitamin E supplementation and
cardiovascular events in high-risk patients. ... There were no significant differences in the numbers
of deaths from cardiovascular causes (342 of those assigned to vitamin E vs. ...

--------------------

Newbie Links

treepatrol
Member # 4117

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
Maybe the calcium in the multi???

You're still taking probiotics? or did you mean to say "supplements" above?

I hope you get it figured out!! My husband gets those!

Maybe the calcium in the multi??? Thats what i was wondering?

Thanks everybody .

I know theres a corelation here with the longterm abxs because it shuts done cell groth in 80% of the abxs?

Anybody have more suggestions??

--------------------

Newbie Links

pj1954
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pj1954     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not sure what causing them for you but drinking cranberry juice helps dissolve them my pcp told me this when I passed mine.
Posts: 294 | From sw chicago suburbs | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have seen people take it and lower their cholesterol by half. It is a very powerful

antioxident and gets rid of a lot of junk in the body.

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
treepatrol
Member # 4117

(cranberry juice) As far as I know is for killing infection and yeast pronlem.Thanks anyway.

Thanks Carol in PA [Smile]
Thats a good link!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Newbie Links

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement