LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Bad hip pain anyone?????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bad hip pain anyone?????
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just wondering if anyone who has not really been in an accident who has Lyme has experienced bad hip pain?

I just started experiencing pain in what I believe is the very back of my pelvis about 6 inches from the point of your hip on the back side of my back.(think back of pelvis

At first I thought something was wrong with my spine, but this is more on the back side of the pelvis.

Also, about three weeks ago I started feeling what was felt like a tugging sensation that would wrap around my hip. It almost felt like the skin and muscles that go over the front of my hip bone were being stretched and now this.

I know lots of people with Lyme have hip pain, but does this sound the pain. It feels better when I am laying down and hurts much more when I am sitting.

Any thoughts? Thank you

--------------------
aka: Lyme Warrior

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History!

"Just Demand your Rights"

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey lies...

Touch your back along the spine... about the spot where a belt would rub.. give or take. Push in gently on either side of the spine.

If it is sore, it could be you need a chiropractic adjustment. That spot being "out" sometimes can cause the pain you are talking about.

Hope it is better soon.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hips were pretty bad too.

With treatment and adrenal supps they got A LOT better.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kbaucher
Member # 24352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kbaucher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my left hip bugs the crap out of me....started with knees and now in the hip....yuck!

--------------------
~~~~\0/~~~~SwimMom~~~

Posts: 50 | From ohio | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for liesandmorelies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

I have just never had pain like this in that area.

Tincup,

It could be that, but not sure. It hurts a little more to the left when I push in there. But, I have wondered if I might need an adjustment. I have never needed a chiro. Do a lot of Lyme ppl need chiro????

thanks

--------------------

In order to do "real" science, you have to have a "real" conversation with nature.

Posts: 869 | From nor - cal | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Thanks guys!

I have just never had pain like this in that area.

Tincup,

It could be that, but not sure. It hurts a little more to the left when I push in there. But, I have wondered if I might need an adjustment. I have never needed a chiro. Do a lot of Lyme ppl need chiro????

thanks

--------------------

Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HA! You got me laughing.

If I can tell you how/where to hit a pain spot on you without even seeing you... just by listening .... chances are a chiropractor who is in the room with you could fix you up!

[lol]

I couldn't survive without a chiropractor. Many here have used them. They usually take insurance... and if they don't or you don't have insurance, they are MUCH less $$ than most docs.

They also help make your immune system better and other nice things.

IF that is the problem it will only get worse over time without help. I've actually known folks who were going to have hip replacement surgery and/or steroid injections... then went to a chiropractor on the advise of a MEDICAL doctor... believe it or not... and were fine and didn't need steroids or surgery.

BTW- The soreness in the back bone area is usually so mild compared to how bad the hip hurts, it doesn't seem as if it would be related. But when adjusted it is amazing how much better you can be.

Let me know how you do or what you do. Whatever it is, I hope it improves soon.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've often considered chiro... but looks too much like a scam.

Doesn't seem like permanent healing can take place.

I might be wrong... but I'd save the money and treat Lyme.

Lyme is the culprit... not a sore back/hip.

/I'm gonna get killed for that

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Florence1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22960

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Florence1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have had back and hip pain for a few years on and off...like you said mine felt like my hips are being pulled and the pain went all the way around to groin/front of thighs......right worse than left........

--------------------
Oct 09 Positive CDC Western Blot
Jan 10 Positive Babesia Duncani
Jan 10 Cd57 28
Mar 10 EBV, IgM, IgG
HHV-6 IgG

Posts: 739 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Thanks Tincup!

I will let you know what I am going to do.

I know a lot of people that go to the chiro. and they swear by it.

My own GP when I asked about this once scoffed. And then I said to him, "off the record where does everyone(meaning the doctors) here in your practice go?"... He took about five seconds and then he told met the name of the chiro that all the doctors use in his practice.

I think that says a lot if these doctors are all using chiro, but can't tell us formally. You gotta ask them off the record.

Now a good friend of mine who is a PT will not recommend a chiro(that is a direct conflict of interest).

Florence, not sure if this is from the Lyme or not, but I have never had this before. It seems like a lot of Lyme people have this and just trying to figure it out. thanks for writing! =)

--------------------

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I see a chiropractor and he takes insurance.

I had ongoing shoulder and hip pain after Lyme treatment. Ends up, subluxations can be a nice place for bacteria and toxins to hang out. Also, toxins can cause the subluxation to begin with. So regular adjustments can be a help to keep things moving.

Think of a stagnant pond. If you have a physical blockage, then the bacteria/toxins can hang out there.

I no longer have the hip or shoulder pain.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have been dealing with similar hip / pelvis pin since oct

i have had xrays that show "no problems"

sounds like lyme to me esp now that it has begun migrating around the pelvis bone

i am going to my knee replacement doc who is very good to be sure...but it isn't the pain typically dscribed by someone wiht arhtritis who need hip replacement

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richedie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for richedie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never, ever had hip pain till Lyme came along. Now I have off/on left hip pain.

--------------------
Mepron/Zith/Ceftin
Doxy/Biaxin/Flagyl pulse.
Artemisinin with Doxy/Biaxin.
Period of Levaquin and Ceftin.
Then Levaquin, Bactrim and Biaxin.
Bactrim/Augmentin/Rifampin.
Mepron/Biaxin/Artemisinin/Cat's Claw
Rifampin/Bactrim/Alinia
Plaquenil/Biaxin

Posts: 1949 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Myco
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Myco     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My hip pain resolved after 5 months of Minocin.
Posts: 770 | From USA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

Six, "Think of a stagnant pond. If you have a physical blockage, then the bacteria/toxins can hang out there."

Thank you, that is a good way of thinking about it!

Ipkayak and richedie,

Tanks for responding. It's just so depressing being in pain. I have had lots of different symptoms and this is yet another one I suppose.

I did not do anything like hurt it either(no accidents or weird exercises). It has been building like I said from around the front and now it's all the way around and deep in the back. Very strange and scary to think the spirochetes can move like that. ARGH

--------------------

sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I use to have horrible hip pain. I think it is just one of the places where lyme pain migrates to and from.

I had it there for a year or more and then it migrated to my upper body, stayed there over a year, then returned to the lower body again.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had pain in my hip joint - right on the side . At first I felt a pull that felt like a torn ligament and then it hurt for weeks. It was hard to climb stairs. I have similar pain behind my right knee and in my right arm. The knee pain comes back now and then . . .feels like something is pulling the tendon off the bone. And the arm pain can be so bad I can't use my arm. I have also had these muscle contractions in my back.

I went to the chiropractor before I was diagnosed when I had the back pain. It did not help. She found a lot of very sore lumps under my skin that hurt like heck to press. She said she had never seen so many. I believe chiropractors are very helpful when your bones are misaligned. I have had them put me back together and even my horses. It really helped but not with lyme.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LightAtTheEnd
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LightAtTheEnd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I first got Lyme, I have had pain in my right hip, on the side. It feels like it is right in and around the hip joint.

Sometimes when it is acting up, I also get pain at a certain spot near my kneecap, or in several muscles down the back of my leg.

My GP wondered if I had sciatica. That affects the nerve that comes out by your hip and runs down the back of your leg.

I get pain other places on my leg as well, in the front, but it could be that the Lyme is affecting the sciatic nerve as well as the joint and muscles.

I don't get nerve pains, though--just aches and stiffness.

Once in a while, both hips hurt.

I got bit on the left leg. I asked my LLMD why it affected mostly my right side. He was surprised and wondered if I might have gotten bit by another tick on the right side and not seen it. I doubt that, though.

After I sit for a while, my hip will get stiff and painful. It gets especially bad if I pull my knee up beside me on a couch or bed for a few minutes, or sit on the floor with my legs crossed.

It usually loosens up some after I stand up and stretch and walk a little bit.

I always have pain in my neck, and sometimes in my right or both shoulders, but the right hip seems to be the Lyme headquarters for me.

I read about how Lyme is said to affect the knees more, but in my case it has been the hips.

I have an arthritic ankle from an old injury, but surprisingly, Lyme has left that joint completely alone and it hasn't bothered me a bit since I got Lyme.

--------------------
Don't forget to laugh! And when you're going through hell, keep going!

Bitten 5/25/2009 in Perry County, Indiana. Diagnosed by LLMD 12/2/2009.

Posts: 756 | From Inside the tunnel | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladycakes
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 12619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladycakes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pain in my hips was always the worst, it sounds like exactly where you were describing it. My knees and my hands bothered me too, but hips were the worst.

I love, and I mean seriously love, the chiropractor. But it didn't do any good for me long term. I felt better for a bit, but the pain didn't go away.

Posts: 306 | From Brownsville, PA | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My pain started on May (2006)

Pain on right side of stomach - MRI Lumbar Spine/MRI Thoracic spine - Found some problems but they said it shouldn't be causing these pains I'm having.

The only way I have allways explained this is:
It feels like I have a baseball sitting inside me right on the right side of my stomach.
I have this everyday all day since May of 2006.

Roy
I still have these pains in my right side of my stomach everyday and they can't find anything wrong.

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
liesandmorelies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15323

^Kinda like everything else with this darn disease. They most times can't find anything wrong. [Frown]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement