LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » C.Diff for your info

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: C.Diff for your info
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just tested positive for C.Diff and am asymptomatic. Have no D or stomach problems. I was shocked when the Dr called me and told me this.

Since day 1 of treatment, I have taken 3 very good probiotics 2x a day.

Now I'm wonderig where we go with my treatment. I am doing just 2 gr rocephin right now, and will continue until I see my dr.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you been taking s. boulardii? It's good for preventing C. Diff. It's not a bacteria, it's a yeast.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Icon 1 posted      Profile for keltyl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, 2 caps 2x a day, plus therelac 2x a day, plus another 2x a day. All recommended by LD (you shoul know who that is). Have taken these since day 1 of my treatment.

I don't have an appoint till March 4th, and was just going to continue my rocephin. After reading, I'm starting to get a little worried. Did put a call in to LD, but hearing from them is another matter.

Posts: 847 | From upstateNY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmm, how can you have c. diff with no symptoms?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I have no idea, I was shocked when he called me.

The dr who is running these tests is not my LD. He is in Manhattan and deals with parasites recommended by my LD. I wanted answers one way or another with this parasite issue, so was totally shocked when he called me with this.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, on all that and still have C. Diff. Yeah, I know who recommends that.

I bet he'll return you're call on this since it's serious.

I tested negative for parasites, but had them. I'm sure you know not to rely 100% on testing.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I know you did. I was allergic to huma so couldn't take it. I bugged JF constantly about this.

This doc deals specifically in parasites, and told me if I had anything he would find it. He ordeed numerous tests. Took me 3 days to collect all my specimens!

randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my doc only did one stool test. but i had to fill four vials.

is that good?

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I know he ordered numerous tests. I filled 8 vials and a bigger jar. This is all he deals in though.

I have had tests b/f that came out negative, but you have to give several samples from separate movements.

sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

You know Humaworm will make your order leaving out whatever herbs you are allergic to.

That's a lot of samples, yuck. I SPILLED one sample and had to try to get it back in the vial. Yuck, yuck, yuck.

--------------------

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I do know that about Huma, and I think I'm allergic to paud'arco from a previous experience. Not sure though, and there are about 25 different ingredients. JF asked me not to do it at this time.

And yes, yuck. Took me 3 days of that s***!

sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow is that scary. No symptoms--what the heck!?

Could you PM the name of this parasite doc in NYC?
I don't feel that I have this issue covered.

Did your LLMD decide to send you there bec you weren't improving? I just wonder what was behind that decision.

Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Hi sick....I am getting ready to go for dental appoint. This afternoon I will pm you with name and number...promise. BTW, I think he is a great doc.
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

sickpuppy....Have time, am pming you now.
blinkie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many people carry the C diff bacteria. It is only when the good bacteria are disrupted enough to allow C diff to replicate out of control that it will be symptomatic.

Sounds like you are keeping things in check with all you are taking. Also, I had very mild c diff symptoms, barely noticable for months. So long as I was on abx...ANY abx. Then, when I stopped is when it hit hard.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be very careful. You probably have to stop the Rocephin. www.wildcondor.com/toughbug

Make sure you add Florastor.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I guess if my LD does not call me, I'll still keep doing the rocephin. It's the only thing so far that has made any difference as far as improvement goes.

If I hadn't gone to this dr, would have never known it anyway. They have never tested me for it.

sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow keltyl, that's scary. Did the parasite doctor put you on Flagyl or anything to treat the c.diff?

If not you should call LLMD and leave lots of messages until you get an answer. Sometimes messages get lost and the doctor never knows until you call again. This has happened to me many times. I hate calling but this is important.

Take care keltyl, keep us posted OK?

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Everything is so confusing! I got a little worried so called the office Mon. Of course you don't hear back. We were on our way out last night at 5 and they called. She said stop all abx. I said...even if I don't have any symptoms? She said...You could die!

Then they decided they were going to call Dr. Cahill. Never heard back till after 8. J called and said Cahill was still out of the country and couldn't get in touch with him. Said he and H talked and to continue on the rocephin until they talked to Cahill. Maybe something was causing a false positive.

I'm not ordinarily a chicken, but it was really hard hooking that IV up this morning.

Been meaning to answer your email, things have been super busy for me lately and I can't handle it. But I will, have lots of questions about how you are doing.

Hugs and prayers,
Linda

lymebytes
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some stories of people w/c.diff - asymptomatic:

http://www.cdiffsupport.com/case.html

Apparently it is a tough "spore" that can be hard to eradicate.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WildCondor
Unregistered

I would stop the Rocephin...no question!!
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Thank you guys, I am very confused and do not know what to do. Hard for me to think when this time of day comes. Thank you again.
WildCondor
Unregistered

Call your LLMD and your GI. FOllow up with this!
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

My LLMD is the one who told me to continue b/c I'm having no symptoms.

I did alot of reading yesterday and decided not to do the IV this morning, but might change my mind later. Going to try to get in touch with both docs today (HA HA), but the one who did the testing is out of the country.

WildCondor
Unregistered

That is pretty irresponsible of your LLMD. You should really follow up with a GI doc and have this evaluated. At the very least stay off the antibiotics and do a repeat c.diff stool test 3x.
tickalert
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7033

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tickalert     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had C Diff 9/08. I was on a trip 6 hours away from home. We'd driven to a mountain town to look at fall leaves.

It was the longest car ride home that Sunday. I was finally diagnosed and put on Vanco 5 days later. C-Diff is very dangerous. I agree with Wild Condor.

My thought here is a lot of us could be carrying C-Diff and not even know since symptoms can be so mild some times.

How long does it really take to get rid of it?

Posts: 911 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I called the doc who ran the tests, since I will get more answers from him than my LD. She said he would call me today.

It would be so much easier for my LD to treat me, since the other one is in NYC and is trying to save me trips to his office. But if that's what it takes, I'll do it.

keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

tickalert...I have no idea, this is all new to me.
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

Finally.....after being persistent in calling these docs, they finally talked and have called me in Flagyl.

Just so you know...you can have c.diff without even knowing it!!

lymers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...in a case like this, where you had c. diff and didn't know it, can you continue with lyme treatment?

Is it safe to take antibiotics ever again if you have had a mild case of c.diff?

Lymers

Posts: 287 | From Humboldt County, CA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
keltyl
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14050

I have no idea to any of these questions. I'm leaving my picc in, so they plan on me doing the rocephin again. Like everything else, all ppl are different.

I sure hope I can, have alot yet to treat and I sure don't want to live like this the rest of my life.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement