LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Is NAC/ALA okay to take with chlorella or not?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is NAC/ALA okay to take with chlorella or not?
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Started taking Chlorella granules a few weeks ago to prepare for eventual amalgam removal and possible heavy metals detox with dmsa.

I am up to 1/2 tsp. of Sun Chlorella granules 2xday 30 minutes before meals. LLMD also asked me to take NAC and ALA 2 times a day with my other supplements.

However,after reading Gigi's previous posts regarding Dr. K's feeling that NAC will drag mercury from the stomach and redeposit it in the brain if you start using it before the mercury is cleared from the stomach, I am concerned about whether I should continue to take NAC.

Also, I am not sure if NAC is causing this issue but I am noticing a strange feeling in my head (some pressure on top and back of head), mental foggines, and some fatigue and weakness after taking NAC,ALA and othe supplements.

What are your thoughts about this? Should I stop taking NAC?
How does one know what their mercury level is in their stomach or brain?

What do you recommend that I take with chlorella that will assist with the detox process and not redistribute the metals to the brain?

Sorry for all the questions. Your help is greatly appreciated.

JJ

Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
With lyme, it's very hard to distinguish the cause of symptoms.

As NAC is often suggested to protect the liver, if you stop NAC, be certain to have adequate liver support and protection with other supplements (such as Milk Thistle, etc.).

I'm currently trying to figure this one out for myself as NAC is such excellent help for the liver and the ears (and required as part of the Cpn treatment protocol) - but I'm wanting to know how, then, to proceed safely considering the metal situation.

I've not yet been able to read all of this (my attention span is out to lunch) but you can find out more about metal detox from the link below. This author is the source for GiGi's cautions about NAC so, hopefully, you will find your answer here:

=========================

http://www.klinghardtneurobiology.com/LymeProtocolOct09.pdf

A Treatment Guide: Lyme and other Chronic Infections

by Dietrich Klinghardt, MD, PhD

October 2009 - 87 pages

===========================

Again, I've not been able to yet to really study these but they may be of help. Other Detail and links:

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol

Cutler protocol

----------------

See section on Brain clearance of mercury:

This is one link there:

http://onibasu.com/wiki/Cutler_protocol#Brain_clearance_of_mercury

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take a product called Liver Defend.

It has both ALA and NAC (in supplemental amounts)

I've never had an issue with the side effects you speak of.

I'm removing my fillings in 5 days and plan to take a product called Chelex (by Xymogen)
-Which has ALA, NAC, and chlorella in it, among other things.

The reviews on this product are through the roof.

http://www.xymogen.com/uploads/attributes/chelex0107.pdf

My Doc also only wants m taking Chelex twice/week and then replenishing the body with (zinc, copper, selenium, iron, etc)

^^ I don't quite have a plan for that yet.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JJ29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, Keebler for these great links!

Anyone else have any any suggestions?

Posts: 574 | From New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Thanks, Canefan for sharing your experience. I'm glad to hear you didn't have the same side effects that I am experiencing.

I am wondering if this means that I have a problem with my ability to detox.

Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
-
Did I read that correctly - are you also taking DMSA? If you are taking it every day you may be deficient in magnesium - and that would cause many symptoms.

DMSA, ideally, should be rotated with good mineral supplementation on the days off the DMSA.

-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
keebler,

I'll be taking DMSA the day before and the day after the procedure.

And the Chelex product has DMSA in it. I'll only be taking that product twice/week.

And ya, I need to re-supplement on days off. Still trying to figure out what i need for that.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JJ29
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5288

Keebler, I'm not taking DMSA right now but my LLMD wants me to take it after I have my amalgams removed.

I may look into Chelex or AI as possible alternatives.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement