LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Hands Falling Asleep - Bartonella or Babesia?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hands Falling Asleep - Bartonella or Babesia?
Ian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I attribute it to Bartonella as Bartonella causes alot of strange symptoms in the extremities of your body. What's your experience?

--------------------
Bart and Babesia seropositive
Current tx: Rifampin, Biaxin, Bactrim DS, Artemisinin, Resveratrol (japanese knotweed), Red Root, Boneset

Posts: 168 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lemon-Lyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19229

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lemon-Lyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No idea, but I have bartonella too (positive henselae and quintana) and my hands like to fall asleep a lot. Especially at night, when I'm actually asleep... and I wake up with numb hands/fingers. Only problem occurs is when it takes days for my fingers to feel normal again.

But not sure if it's bart, lyme, babesia, or something else.

Posts: 584 | From NY | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21199

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same with me.
In my case it is definintely Bartonella.
This didn't happen during my long time of Lyme - only since the Bartonellainfection last year.

Posts: 269 | From Germany | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what mine do...if they are falling asleep or what. They just go numb...during the day, walking, sitting, whatever I'm doing. They go numb almost like it they were asleep but I don't get the tingly sensation you would get if they were asleep.

Don't know if that makes sense. I'm waiting for my Igenex results (i feel like it's been 3 weeks already, but they only charged my card on Wed). So I'll let you know what my tests say. Doc thinks I have one of them for sure (whichever the cats claw is good for).

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leelee
Member # 19112

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leelee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I started getting this too a few months ago, after being in treatment for Lyme, Babs and Bart for about a year.

It makes me crazy, especially when it happens in my hands and fingers. I thought I was imaging it, my mind playing tricks on me.

This happens night and day and it is impossible to hold a book to read, write, type, etc. Sometimes I lay down and be very still and let my hands, fingers and wrists "thaw out".

I have the same sensation particularly in my right foot and calf.

My next LLMD appt is on Wednesday and I will ask about my symptom. I suspect it s some sort of neurapathy.

--------------------
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy. Martin Luther King,Jr

Posts: 1573 | From Maryland | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ian
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look forward to hearing what your doc thinks. For me, it's numbness in my hands and fingers. It also happens in my feet. My tongue even became numb yesterday, along with my teeth. It must be encephalopathy of some kind, probably caused by Bart.

--------------------
Bart and Babesia seropositive
Current tx: Rifampin, Biaxin, Bactrim DS, Artemisinin, Resveratrol (japanese knotweed), Red Root, Boneset

Posts: 168 | From PA | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymebytes
Member # 11830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymebytes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Numbness in my sister's hands were what led to a Lyme diagnosis, she has no co-infecitons.

I have had Bart and it for me was more neruo pain and cognitive sx such as extreme anxiety, feelings of insanity, fog, etc.

I can still get numbness and tingling from timet to time in my hands/arms but Bart since Bart is gone, I assume it is Lyme.

--------------------
www.truthaboutlymedisease.com

Posts: 2003 | From endemic area | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm absolutely STARTLED by the amount of people who are having this strange correlation between numbness in their tongue and numbness in their limbs!

Especially what everyone is saying about waking up with their limbs having gone numb, and then going numb at various parts of the day? Ah, this has been happening to me for three weeks and I couldn't figure out what it was.

I have a raging bart infection and Lyme as well, but most of this insane stuff started coming out while on bartonella treatment so I'm tending to relate it to that.

So glad for these forums!!!

a relieved little olive

--------------------
Myalgic encephalomyelitis, 2002 | Viral onset, following Hep B vaccine
Lyme since '06 | Bartonella since '08 (cured) | Mycoplasma pneumoniae since '08
IGeneX: IgM 31IND 34IND 41+ | IgG 39IND 58+ 41+++
IgG deficiencies and MTHFR 677TT mutations

Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mine sleep anything, day, night, sleeping....They sleep more, than staying awake.

Toss and turn all night because of this...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Same here.

Numb (but burning) tongue and numb hands.

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coffee71
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coffee71     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here. Great improvement with the treatment but these symptoms still come and go with less frequency and intensity.

Last ten days I have been experiencing something like "brain freeze" very distinctive from brain fog. And legs and arms are freezing too. But I started levaquin so 4 weeks ago so this could be reaction to new med.

Posts: 191 | From va | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
little_olive
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28063

Icon 1 posted      Profile for little_olive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took Rifampin about an hour ago and my feet are.. cold, but sweating, and they're numb. My arms are starting to get the same way but it's not too severe. Unbelievable, this bug!
Posts: 512 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually wake up with numb hands. Thought it was the way I slept. New symptom for the LLMD.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
desertwind
Member # 25256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for desertwind     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get numb hands at night and do belive it is related to lyme and company.

But I recerntly switched my pillow and the numb hands went away...I think there could be a cervical connection in my case.

Posts: 1671 | From Tick Infested New Jersey | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement