LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Need opinions on What happens during Sleep that makes me feel so much worse???? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Need opinions on What happens during Sleep that makes me feel so much worse????
METALLlC BLUE
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is even room in my hypothesis as to why EMF and sensitivities occur. Everything in the body is tightly regulated, including impulse signals, neurotransmitters, and the electricity.

Fundamentally, the atoms, molecules and upward, are all controlled by the way in which atoms behave. If the proper electrical signaling is disturbed (or chemical, since electrons and magnetism control their behavior as well, it could also stress the dysregulated signals and behavior of the nervous system and it's processes. Thus, behave like a barrier. The force and direction of a signal in the nervous system is crucial. Electromagnetic fields may provide that slight stressor that further impairs function. Studies done show that using magnets in certain ways can alleviate pain if worn in specific areas of an individual where that pain is present.

How does it do this? Well, turn two magnets against each other some two positive ends are being forced together. What happens? You literally create a barrier. The human body responds to magnetism naturally, as it�s inherently apart of how we evolved.

If excessive or unusual amounts are projected onto a human being, at some point -- when enough unusual force is applied, even a health person could experience symptoms and suffering -- though they aren't sick. Interfering with nerve conduction and the ion transfer between cells, could actually do damage.

Most of the EMF we experience in our world isn't acutely threatening to the majority of us. But it is threatening in those vulnerable as a result of an already dysfunctional and irregular nervous system.

So in the same way light sensitivity or sound can cause excessive suffering, the same stimuli imposed by EMF, could be amplified, causing one to experience a hypersensitivity via the nervous system.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome Info MB and thanks for taking the time to post all that for us.

I think everyone here should read all you wrote.

The inflammation!! IT has been on my mind for years and I do all the suggested things I can and try new things to find ways to calm it down. Your right in the fact that low dose steriod meds. My doc gives me a medrol pack and when I take that during a flare it all calms down dramatically but it does not last past that pack but a couple days.

It keeps me thinking....

DO you have ideas to contribute for inflammation reduction through all your studies?

THanks again!!!

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not without compromising immunity to a more significant level than is appropriate.

For acute cases, sure, low dose steroids combined with appropriate antibiotic or antiviral therapies (or otherwise) can buy some time, but any damage to the immune system beyond what it's already facing just doesn'st stand out to me.

There is potential relief in Photon therapies for pain and inflammation relief. I do not understand how it works.

More research is attempting to specifically target inflammatory responses, but they still go too far and could lead to bigger problems. Drugs like Embrel, Remicaid etc, they often don't even work for chronic cases of Lyme Disease.

The only method I know is to keep stress low, drug induce sleep so the pattern is halted, hope the immune system settles by forcing the body to shut down.

I'd have to do a lot more. I'm sure there are those who have come up with better ideas but they aren't well known. Experimental therapies have got to be out there.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for springshowers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Yeah I have worked with my Pain DOc and he has given me some Anti Inflamation meds to try by my request and they did not work. FOr some reason Naproxen works better for me but he does not want me on that ongoing and neither do I so I reserve it for that time of the month and maybe bad flare days.

Some anti allergy meds have helped me through some bad herxes like Singluar but things like zytec did not.

I think your right that not much touches it when it comes to lyme.

So stress down and diet in place and such.

I find it interesting that you say "drug induced" sleep. I assume natural sleep is better if you can make it happen? Or do you think we can not get to the right depth?

Posts: 2747 | From Unites States Of America | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi All . I am starting to either wake up or have in the middle f the night bad headaches. Do you think It is the inclined therapy? I think it is and I end up curling up at the bottom of the bed naturally
But otherwise still getting some relief and not waking up as bad. I would say about 50 percent better... in the am than before..

Still better days than others.

METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

quote:
Originally posted by springshowers:
Hi Yeah I have worked with my Pain DOc and he has given me some Anti Inflamation meds to try by my request and they did not work. FOr some reason Naproxen works better for me but he does not want me on that ongoing and neither do I so I reserve it for that time of the month and maybe bad flare days.

Some anti allergy meds have helped me through some bad herxes like Singluar but things like zytec did not.

I think your right that not much touches it when it comes to lyme.

So stress down and diet in place and such.

I find it interesting that you say "drug induced" sleep. I assume natural sleep is better if you can make it happen? Or do you think we can not get to the right depth?

It's simply not possible to create natural sleep when an inflammatory response or vasculitis of some variety is interfering with proper nerve conduction, signal transfer, etc. You have to have something forcefully bind to receptors and often supplement missing neurotransmitters.

--------------------

Brussels
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13480

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brussels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We didn't evolve in a world charged of EMR the way it is today.

Our heart cells and neurons work by eletromagnetic signals. They DO understand some of these signals and use it to control metabolism, heart beat, movement, thoughts...

How can we know that our cells are blind to EMRs that we have been bombarded daily, 24/24, non stop? Are these signals biologically neutral? Or biologically active?

I'm not sick anymore with lyme, nor is my daughter. But I know I am sensitive to EMRs because of what I lived (with lyme, probably). That was when I realized I was EMR sensitive.

If you expose a mold culture to the NORMAL range of EMRs that exist all over in cities, they will produce about 600 times more TOXINS than if the SAME mold culture is placed in a Farraday cage.

So not only us, critters can react to EMRs simply by producing more toxins and making us more toxic. They can make us more sick indirectly!

[ 05-20-2010, 07:28 AM: Message edited by: Brussels ]

Posts: 6199 | From Brussels | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good article about EMFs & health effects-
http://tinyurl.com/yjrm7sh

This is why I suggest brainwave entrainment as a method of healing. Sound & light are also EMFs. We can try to counteract the adverse effects by using healing frequencies. We need sunlight to survive but we can also get a sunburn. Same for EMFs.

There are very few places we can go to get away from all EMFs - negative & positive. We need to look for things to try to balance the good with the bad.

One doctor in Italy found that cancer can be caused by fungus. I'm sure being in fields of negative EMFs can cause cancer. It is something to be concerned with.

I only very rarely use a cell phone & I don't have a microwave oven. I can't live without electricity, though. Maybe I could if I had to but it's not something I want to do.

Inflammation is one thing but I'm not sure if it's everyone's issue here. There are other causes of problems in getting a good night's sleep.

Sounds like the tilt therapy may not be the best idea. I did some research into inversion therapy & decided not to buy an inversion table. Maybe we only need it for a short time as opposed to hours...?

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi Sparkle. Why do you say that Tilt Therapy is not a good idea? What did your research say?

I am still doing it. Had those headaches for a couple of the days but not again since? SO not sure if it is related for sure. Too soon to tell.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to do it for something like 3 days on and 4 days off? I dont know.

Can you tell me what you found that made you say that? Or are you saying it because of what I posted?

Thanks Much

I have not found a sleep med that Induces me into sleep without side affects of sleep walking or sleep eating or even sleep writing or typing emails and computer usage. I do not like those side affects and I have tried a wide range of them. SOme have more profound side affects than others but for me they all have some.

Its frustrating. So I do without and meditate and and do other things to try to help it... and hoping to naturally get where I need to be.

EMFs are to be considered and I try to do what I can at home but like you said its everywhere 24 / 7. Does anyone know of any devices that help the overall home as opposed to one thing per item like a call phone cover or something like that..

You would think we could come up with something that would counteract them when we choose. Like at night something that would protect our homes while we sleep at the Very least... and even in the day at times we choose..

sparkle7
Member # 10397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sparkle7     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Spring-

I was looking into inversion therapy a while back. It's more extreme than just tilting the bed.

FYI-
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/inversion-therapy/an01614

I came across some comments about it that it can make your organs displaced & it's not all that good for you. I read just laying on a weightlifting table at I think it was a 20% incline was sufficient. (Feet up & head down - I assume.) You don't really need to hang upside-down.

Since you mentioned that you were getting headaches - I thought it might not be that good... It's really a different inversion, though. Head up & feet down.

Everyone is different - I suppose if we get rid of the pathogens, we may have less inflammation. That's probably the cause in some cases. Treating the inflammation is not the root. Just a thought...

Then, getting all the leftover toxins out after the killing.

Posts: 7772 | From Northeast, again... | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marrit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marrit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Springshowers: "I found these quotes online ...

The body's level of cortisol drops at night

Plus, the levels of histamine rise

Body temperature rises naturally in the evening

Body pressure changes when we lay down

Hormone levels differ"

In fact, my cortisol is lowest at bedtime and rises during the night so that by morning it's high. My body temp the other night at bedtime was 95.9, so it actually had dropped significantly through the evening hours. I don't know about histamine levels or blood pressure (in times past my blood pressure would be very low while sleeping, but now I typically wake several times with heart pounding furiously, so who knows?)

Maybe in *normal* people the information you found online is true, but with infectious illness anything can be the "norm" it seems.

Posts: 277 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
springshowers
Member # 19863

Hi There Hey I think those are the quotes I posted in this thread somewhere. Either that or I did read them. We probably were on the same site.

Yea I realize it is different for us with infections but the goal is to get back to that place that is normal and therefore I hope by "acting" and "planning" and "manipulating" my actions and environment I may end up back there.

That is why I posted the normal stuff too...

Update about the Tilt therapy. I had to put the bed back down. Not for any real reason except my body told me it had enough for now.

I was very comfortable in the beginning and as the days went by I was not as much. My back started to hurt too and was sore in the am.

So I am taking a break and I may do Pulsed IPT therapy LOL. I end up doing better with near everything when I Pulse it.

Even my supplements I have to take breaks.

Lately I have to take a good 5 days each month or so and just stop taking extra supplements and take just the necessities.

So I am thinking of just doing one week on and one week off or two weeks on and two weeks off.

I think the later.

I believe its a good idea to give your body breaks and also allow for it to try to work on its own and also not build up substances.

I think that even our supplements we take or treatments that are natural such as salt c or even Vitamin D etc can become toxic in a way. Of course not like pharmacudicals but my body does feel as if it builds up or needs change or breaks etc.. and I have very much been enjoying how i Feel off stuff lately.

Of course that was not always the case and I used to need to be on something to feel better and well now the tides are turned...

Yeah..

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement