LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Small pimple like hard white nodules???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Small pimple like hard white nodules???
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, I been getting what looks like is pimple,itches, if try to open not easy, under skin is small hard white nodule.
Anyone else have.
Just spoke to another Lymie who is Lymnet person. Knows alot as I.
Did not hear what this is or is coming out is part of cyst form.
Or all the large lumps that grow under skin all over is that cyst form??? [bonk]
curious about others.
I was getting in between fingers which I found was common in Lyme sort of yeast form. That was diff. not hard like these??
Thanks for help..
Hugggggssssss, to all in need, Kerry [group hug]

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what it is, but I get this too and have since I was a kid and so did my sister! Weird. Just like you describe, a weird nodule that isn't a pimple, and if you mess with it enough there is a sort of hard little ball inside, white.

My father in law has had the same thing.. although he doesn't think he has Lyme.

My sister and I both have Lyme, and we think possibly even Morgellons.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kissygoose
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21314

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kissygoose     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get these mostly on my hands.

Have no idea what they are either.

They seem to come and go in cycles.

Posts: 115 | From Central PA | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, Yep that is what I am talking about.
Not sure if related except article found Lyme & hands white itcy. This though is diff. than when I had that.
Do you think way it forms & is getting some out. Mine started when I was herxing( tad from sauna treatment.)
Thanks Ticky& Kissy, ha
Have to laugh each day,sorry have weird sense humor.
Huggggssss, to all in need Kerry

Posts: 746 | From Clearwater/fl/Pinellas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickpuppy
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickpuppy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got one a couple weeks at the back of my jaw line. Thought it was a zit but it's not. It's still there. Isn't it babs or bart? I forget which one I've hear people talk about.
Posts: 702 | From North Eastern USA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nodules on the hands, finger, wrist can be ganglion(sp) cyst. I have one now on my palm and think thats what it is. Its almost as big as a marble.

Don't know if this is the same as what you are talking about.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kerryblue     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi, sutherngrl, it may but in my past medical practice this does not compare to ganglion.
Ganglion Were much diff. usually have to live with or be removed.
I have not seen anything quite like this not horrible just diff. & have found all my lymie friends have had. Hmmmmmmm??
Huggggggssssss, to all in NEED??

nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it might be bart related. I get them too but have not had them in a while, since treating bart aggressively. The ganglions can just break under the skin and go away. I think they might be more like water.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IckyTicky
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, what I get isn't ganglion cysts. These are smaller and harder. Slightly sticking up above the surface of the skin and feels "deep".

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cyst form of Lyme refers to the individual Lyme bacteria, which retreat into a protective shell when attacked.

So the cyst form is microscopic and you cannot see it.

Are you taking fish oil?
This will liquify blocked pores and will help with detox.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think these little lumps are spirochetal gummas. Google it and see what it says. They're well studied in syphilis. No one seems to have really related them to Lyme disease, but since Lyme is a spirochetal disease, I decided that anything that happened with syphilis could happen with Lyme disease. I did a lot of reading on them, and spent several hours at the medical library at UCSF reading whatever I could find in the medical journals.

If they are gummas, they can become disfiguring. At least some of the pictures of syphilitic men were just gross.

In spite of all the antibiotics I was taking, I had these lumps starting around my eyes. I got rid of them by applying bee venom ointment to them regularly. I'm certain that's what they are, because one of the distinguishing characteristics of gummas is that once they're gone, they leave a darkened indentation at the spot they once were. And that's exactly what happened to the one by my eye. Fortunately I got it before it got too large, so it is a small indentation.

I've thought I should write something about them, because no one seems to have addressed this issue in Lyme disease.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Hi, thanks psano2.Carol in PA/Interesting not what wanted to hear Hmmmmmm??
I do have ganglion's on my hands & all over they are larger, unable to open deeper. Those get larger all time, told by doc FM lumps. Ha, rally helped me out with that answer. He noticed them & that is what he called them. I do have FM or what ever real Lyme name is Bart. prob.
Have not been able to get antibiotics since over yr. ago 1st time pic line only 5 weeks. Ended just when started to herx. DUH...could not give me any back up orals.
These are not watery hard, watery around them till you get white hard lumps if can get out. Not easy.
I am getting few more around arms,hands. Yeash, hope they do not get out control. For sure. YUCK!

Thanks for some replies,appreciate.
Hugggggssss, to all in NEED.Kerry

Kerryblue
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4077

Hi, Forgot I do take fish oil long time now.
Carol in PA.
Where do you get the Bee Venom Ointment?
I have heard of buying bees to sting for Lyme.
Plus makes sense(OUCH,hate to think of,related to syph, makes sense due to having chetes.
Arghhhhh. Hard to think of relationship always thought of HO`s & syph in the day.ha
Huggggssss, To All In Need,Kerryblue

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement