LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » nothing yet on ABX...thoughts?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nothing yet on ABX...thoughts?
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi- I have been on doxy for 4 wks and then amoxicillin for 3 so far. I had a terrible herx at the start of the amoxi but have not really had any positive changes.

There were a few days where I had less fatigue, less pain etc.. but before I was treated I had days that were better than others as well. I hope that when the med works I KNOW it works, instead of thinking well... maybe I am a little less tired or a little less in pain.

I had high hopes, I have been sick for 15 years with many wrong diagnoses and wrong treatments. It is always the same thing: the doc is convinced I have such and such, treats me and it doesnt help at all. I was hoping lyme was going to be different. I tested pos on elisa and western blot.

I need some words of wisdom from those that are farther along. If I havent noticed anything positive yet... does that mean the abx wont work? Or do I just need to be more patient?

The LLMD wants to start me on IV rocephin next week, because I am moving from NY to Florida in July and he wants to ensure I get the IV option while here in NY.. as he believes there aren't any good lyme docs in FL.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What dosage of doxy and amoxy have you been taking? Sounds like maybe it's a low dosage. Perhaps things will be better when you get on the IV?

Are you moving to FL permanently? There is one good LLMD there. Some would disagree however.

Maybe your doc in NY can oversee your care and you can have follow-up appointments with him?

PS... 7 weeks of abx is really too soon to tell anything about how you will respond. Hang in there!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
renny1985
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for renny1985     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks.. The doxy was low dose because of all my GI problems. The amoxi is 1000mg 3x a day.

Moving to Florida for 4+ years for school. The NY doc will treat me followups while I am there but he wants to try the IV here first as I can go to his infusion center daily instead of getting a PICC>

Posts: 341 | From NY/FL | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tiramisu
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15082

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tiramisu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since you tested positive, at least you can be sure you're on the right path. Be patient and hopefully your LLMD will keep trying different approaches.

I was sick for 5 years before treating with abx, and it took about 14 months until I started improving. All the while I was not sure if I was doing the right thing, since my tests were borderline.

Remember to detox and take probiotics. Good luck with the IV.

Posts: 175 | From SW PA | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doxy is REALLY hard on the stomach!! Good dosage of amoxy, I think.

So will you be on orals while in FL? I still don't quite get it.

And YES... take plenty of GOOD probiotics like Theralac or Body Biotics.

www.theralac.com
www.upwardquest.com

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement