LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » lyme sympton journal

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: lyme sympton journal
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the site where you can journal your symptoms daily to keep track of your progress. I can't remember for the life of me. Thanks.
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
radfaraf
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11909

Icon 1 posted      Profile for radfaraf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.lymelog.com/
Posts: 526 | From NJ | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fatigued15
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatigued15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you!!
Posts: 488 | From NY | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Consuelachacha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Consuelachacha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I cannot remember ANYTHING!! I think I forgot how to talk. The words I want to use just won't come to mind (maybe hours after my conversation). It's driving me crazy(ier). I honestly feel like I'm going crazy. I'd love to talk to you radfaraf but I don't know how to use this site. I just joined yesterday. I have sent private messages. This is the only time I have "chimed" in on a post. If you write me back, I'll try to find it. God Bless You!

--------------------
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired!!

Posts: 153 | From St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Consuelachacha,
Sorry you are having so much trouble with Lyme disease. It's VERY hard. We have empathy for you!

You aren't goin' crazy, but may have Lyme neuroborreliosis.

I've found info from this LLMD helpful in understanding the my Lyme neuroborreliosis symptoms:

http://www.mentalhealthandillness.com/tnaold.html

Best wishes,
Smile

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 5 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can someone direct me to a sample or examples of what to include in a paper hard copy Lyme symptom journal? I'd rather keep notes in a notebook; not have to turn on the computer.

Sometimes i write alot & often in my Lyme journal, and other days almost nothing.

Is there a daily checklist chart to print, photocopy, and use several times a day?

Should i do Burrascano's pg 9 - 11 checklist every couple weeks? It takes me more than an hour to complete.

I also think i need a system of symbols to mark on a wall calendar so i can see symptom changes at a glance. Like some red mark, frown, so-so, smile, and gold star for days that are poor to excellent.

Ideas appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Smile

Consuelachacha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Consuelachacha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear Remember To Smile; I read the site you posted for me. Thank You. I have been diagnosed with over half of the things listed. Lupus, Fibromyalgia, IBS, Chronic Fatigue, Bi-Polar. I am literally scared to death right now. I feel I am in such a late state of this disease that I am going to die. I feel I have "brain damage". AM I going to die? I have the diagnosis. I am off the charts everywhere. On Doxy now in third week. NOTHING. What do I do? LLMD's I read do not take insurance? This is crazy.

--------------------

Posts: 153 | From St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Dear C,
I have nearly EVERY thing on that LL doc's list, and i am still alive! You can do this, too. I swear. You are wise enough to reach out for help. That puts you ahead already.

Many, many people on this forum have had ALL those dx, too, and they were still breathing last night. [group hug] We have empathy for your terror now, but your health can still improve. Remission is very possible.

I got to attend a lecture by an illustrious LLMD, Dr. S of Va, and he explained how Fibromyalgia stems from yrs of poor sleep due to Lyme disease, and CFS is a set up by the actions of the invading Lyme Bb spirochete on our bodies (immune system, adrenal glands, etc.) IBS and bi-polar are just more symptoms of Lyme disease and the many co-infections that come along with a bite from a dirty tick, horsefly or spider bite. I don't know much about Lupus myself.

I truly know your fears about brain damage from LD. On the plus side, i have felt better some days in June since i've been following the advice of Dr Burrascano. By the way, we are not to use any doctors' full names here, only in PM. But Burrascano now trains LLMDs internationally, so he is comfortable if we mention him.

Dr. Burrascano's Treatment Guidelines for Lyme - 16th Ed. Oct 2008

Print out his 37-pg monograph. Get it into a 3-hole punch binder so you can add your own tab dividers. Read this. It is essential to your healing.

It's WAY too long to read it all this week, but esp start pgs 27-31. Dr Burrascano spells out specifically what has been shown to help get Lyme patients into remission. There are simple things you can begin to do this weekend that will ease your body's transition away from the grip of the parasites.

Have you seen the gray blob area that says "POST NEW TOPIC" up top here? Scan up center, look just above "LymeNet Flash" in boldface and above "my profile". You can start your own topic so the many wise, kind, helpful people here in this Lyme community can provide you with wonderful support and good info.

Try introducing yourself with a bit of background about how long you think you've had Lyme and what symptoms are challenging you most now, like Lyme neuroborreliosis. Also, let other posters know what meds you are on now or which ones helped or hurt recently.

From your note above, you may also explain more about your gastro issues. Others WAY more experienced than i can explain about potential co-infections like Bartonella henselae.

Don't worry about costs this week. This is a time for you to learn. We're students now. There are numerous resources to help us with the financial challenges.

Take time to read bits of things at a time so you can begin to see the options we have for healing with common oral antibiotics, herbal remedies, anti-parasitic treatments, nutritional support, etc.

I'll be looking for your post in "Seeking a Doc" too. Get some names in your region.

Have faith, C.
Smile.

Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Found something else, C.

http://www.lymedisease.org/news/lyme_disease_views/321.html

But take it slow. Please find some R & R this weekend!

Hugs, Smile

Consuelachacha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26538

Icon 11 posted      Profile for Consuelachacha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Remember To Smile, I keep saying I am going to take a break from this "investigating" but then I am right back on the computer. I am driving myself CRAZY!!! I feel like I have limited time and must learn all I can now. So much to know, still so much to learn. Someone did tell me about "Post a New Topic" but it doesn't let me. That is where I was told to find a LLMD in my area. Still learning.

--------------------

RESOLVED.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RESOLVED.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a fantastic health journal that was actually created by a Lyme sufferer. It is very easy because you don't have to think too much in order to chart your symptoms, food, meds, flares, and anything else you need to keep track of. I don't know what I would do without mine, I take it with me to every Dr visit.

See http://www.memoryminder.com/memoryminder.asp

Posts: 246 | From south florida | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

RESOLVED, this looks GREAT! Thank you SO MUCH!
Hooray!

Real Smile

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement