LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Headache for a year?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Headache for a year?
lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 11 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I been in treatment for lyme, babs, and bart going on three years now. I've been treated aggressively on orals, IM shots, and 2 different times of IV therapy.

Currently all my tests blood and muscle testing come back negative. I am feeling better considering I was bed ridden for the first 5 months after being diagnoned.

I see one of the best lyme docs in NYC and have complete faith in him. I am currently on 100 mg of doxy twice a day for 5 days, 2 days off.

The only symptom I can't get rid of is the headaches. Does IV doxy cause more headaches than other drugs? I been on virtually every antibiotic, mepron, plaquenil, flagyl, you name it.

Any help on the headache issue? I almost feel like I would be at 90% without the headaches.

Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carol in PA
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Carol in PA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look into taking anti-inflammatory supplements, such as magnesium, fish oil, curcumin.

I had a dramatic reduction in headaches when I started taking Wobenzym, a blend of systemic enzymes.

Within two weeks, I no longer woke up every day with a splitting headache.

Carol

Posts: 6947 | From Lancaster, PA | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1. Doing any detox ?

2. Googlr Dr. Maurice Pisciatanno (may be spelled close to that) for chiros in your area that use his adjusting machine. No turning or twisting of the neck.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stork
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stork     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
try lemon water, weird but works for me

surprisingly, schardt protocol increased my headaches (massive herx) then ultimately reduced them significantly (along with improved cognition)

--------------------
long road since 2010
abx got me over the hump
diet, detox, and herbs have got me to heal

Posts: 174 | From CT | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Got Lyme?
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11109

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Got Lyme?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After 5 long years with a frontal headache it has finally gone away with long term treatment and DETOXING!

--------------------
Margaret

Posts: 103 | From CT | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mbdq
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26277

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mbdq     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am quickly approaching having one full year with a headache

After Aug 6th last summer, it has been with me everyday

I think I am seeing improvement with IV Rocephin (going on 12 weeks) and 600mg/d Rifampin, but I feel its still early to be definitive on that

I have seen an Atlas-Orthogonal Chiropractor that treats with a special machine- and she was adamant that I did not have Lyme and was very rude to me. So be careful.

Not sure I have much to help, but I hope you find relief soon. And if you do get relief- be sure to let us know how! [Smile]

Posts: 233 | From Hudson Valley | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightparfait
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 22022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightparfait     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What toxin binders is your "best doc" giving you?

Binders should grab, bind, and help eliminate the toxic waste created by the die off of your killing protocol. Without smart use of binders, you will gain toxic waste, headaches, muscle aches, joint aches, etc...that is a sign of toxicity if this occurred during treatment.

If you have not been injured, and now have pain, your body is telling you it needs to be cleared out!

Search on lymenet or google, Chlorella, apple pectin, charcoal, colestrymine, for natural binders to take along with other forms of detox.

YOur main symptoms may not be from the lyme at all, as many of us have finally found out that are now healthy. Lyme is not the center of it all. But can be cleared. Harder to clear the life long build up of toxins, that make our immune system not function well enough to kick out lyme on its own as has been done for centuries.

Americans are toxic at birth...so learn what you can about detox and teach your children for your future generations.

Posts: 1009 | From NJ | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mbdq - IME atlas-ortho docs pretty much feel strongly that they can save the world and everything in it. And, by the way you only need 68 visits to start with [cussing]

I found using Dr. Vern Pierce's work that success with headaches would show up in 2 or 3 weeks.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
headaches are often from herxes die off neurotoxins. Take some kind of binder 45 minutes away from meds and supplements also you might try the herb Kudzu.Taken 3 times a day it really helped me with the headache issues.Curcumin ( tumeric0 is also good as well as taking omega 3-6-9s that reduce inflammation

--------------------
[email protected]

Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme987
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme987     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I try and do all the detox remedies
lemon water, epson salt and hydrogen perioxide bath, dry sauna- I take all the omega's , fish oil, B-12 shots.

I have asked him before about detox and he said the best way is by use of dry sauna. I have a hickman now so saunas are out of the question.

I will ask about other herbs at my next visit

Thanks for the info!

Posts: 298 | From usa | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aMomWithHope
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aMomWithHope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bumming this thread to see if original poster has had any relief yet with their headache?

My child has now had a headache for over 2 years--24/7 no relief--, and we are still looking for the magic bullet.......

Have tried everything it seems--sigh!

Hoping you've found something that has finally helped you!

Posts: 648 | From northeast | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My headaches are helped with anti-malarials and babs meds.
Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BABESIA... YEP!

Sending PM to MOM...

(PS.. I wonder if lyme987 is still around?? He/she is on a pretty low dose of doxy. Won't get well that way!!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daniel
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22201

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey there,

you are taking only 200mg doxy a day and pulse it?! strange llmd... its a dosage for a mice or something like that.

i had constant headaches since i got sick, now im sick 23 months straight, since 14 months im in permanent treatment with ABx. My headaches sometimes get better.. then worse.. but since im treating my babesia with mepron+azi+artemesia .. my headaches are almost gone!

greetz

Posts: 371 | From velocity of light | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Consuelachacha
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Consuelachacha   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear about your headaches. I know personally how horrible they are.

I was recently in the hospital and my GP put me on Fioricet for my headaches.

It is basically Tylenol with caffeine.

I have been told caffeine is bad for us, but the Fioricet definitely helps my headaches.

Good luck to you.

--------------------
Sick and Tired of Being Sick and Tired!!

Posts: 153 | From St. Louis, Missouri | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mariski
Member # 24942

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mariski     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also find that Fioricet is great for my headaches. However, my LLMD has warned me to be careful with it as it can damage the liver. But it is a lifesaver when the headaches are unbearable.
Posts: 40 | From New York | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
headaches, seems to me, often is Babesia

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FYI.. this is an old post

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get migraine like headaches with bart. It is very important to supplement magnesium for them. I take imitrex the first sign of one and it goes away in half an hour. There is a cheap generic imitrex now, thank good ness as it used to be SOOO expensive! I buy 100mg and just bite off about one third of the tablet.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement