LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » please tell me about your abdominal pain

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: please tell me about your abdominal pain
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 5 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please tell me about your or your child's abdominal pain. How severe is it? How long did it go on? How disabling has it been?

What is it from? Bartonella? Parasites? Lyme? Something else?

What treatments, supplements, herbs have helped the most?

Thanks!

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I get it sometimes. Loading up on probiotics and Florastor usually helps it subside

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It could be any of the above!!

Yes, be sure to put her on a GOOD probiotic.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since Oct 09. Endoscopy and colonoscopy done; results were "inflammation in antrum", no H. Pylori.

Digestive enzymes (I like Michael Murray's) have helped me a LOT. Plus Longvida Circumin and probiotics for good measure as usual.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
St. Olaf how bad has the pain been?

Lymetoo, we are taking good probiotics, but thanks for the reminder....it can't be stated often enough.

Dawn, how bad has your pain been? Do you think the digestive enzymes and the circumin are responsible for lessening the pain?

--------------------
You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, 'I lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along.'

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Posts: 748 | From somewhere | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had severe episodes of abdominal pain. I remember one instance that went on for 10 days. I had to just lay at home on narcotic pain killers the entire time.

If I laid real still, I could just bear the pain (on the narcotics).

Finally, I had hubby take me to ER. Full body scan showed nothing. (They expected appendicitis.) Just like visit to Gyn showed nothing, ultrasound of uterus showed nothing, colonoscopy showed nothing.

But, the day after going to the ER, the pain went away. That's why I waited so long. I had learned by past episodes that nobody would ever find any cause and it would leave just like it came. Happened many times. But, 10 days was the longest episode.

A typical episode would last maybe 3 or 4 days with the pain really severe for 1 and a little less severe for the rest of the days.

The entire abdomen would hurt. I also had many times when I had a pain on the right side of the abdomen and there was an exact spot the gastro found that really hurt. It wasn't my ovary. So, finally, had my first colonoscopy to check it out. Found nothing abnormal.

What got rid of it was good lyme, babs, and bart treatment. When I got rid of those 3 diseases, I never got this pain again.

In my mind, I consider it a bart symptom, but can't prove it. It lines up with bart symptom list. Also, I am almost positive that after my doc treated bart, I never got it again. But, I also think I never got it again after he treated lyme, which was treated first.

My bart treatment was 30 days of Levaquin.

I was never treated for parasites.

It is now over 5 years since I completed my lyme treatment and I am still symptom-free, enjoying my life.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Remember to Smile
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had VERY severe, wailing bouts of lower abdominal pain twice that got me two operations after trip to ER.

I believe many women have endometriosis and that endo is actually a form of Bartonelliosis. Just my opinion.

I believe a yeast-free diet with no wheat and no simple sugars is vital to good health.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BackinStOlaf
Member # 23725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BackinStOlaf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alana- It was very bad pain but usually subsided after using the bathroom

then it would just be an annoying ache for the next few days..then it just goes away...

--------------------
First Symptom 9/09
Multiple docs, negative Labcorp test
LLMD: 1/10
Positive Igenex/CDC test
Treatment 2/10
2/10-8/10 Amox, ceftin, zith, flagyl
Currently: Bicillin, Minocycline, still dealing with severe breathing issues

-

Posts: 1121 | From New York, New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My daughter had tummy pain, not debilitating, but she complained daily that her tummy hurt. She has been on Zith/Amox, and then Zith/Alinia, (treating for a year) and she doesn't complain anymore.

Actually, a lot of her symptoms have cleared up, her headaches, her tummy aches, her thrashing about at night, her teeth grinding, and even knee pain. The knee pain isn't gone, sometimes bothers her, but it is definitely better with treatment.

Other than knee pain, she is still having difficutlies in school, so we will treat longer to see if it is lyme related, or a true learning disability.

Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn in VA
Member # 9693

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn in VA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alana- REALLY bad. I lost about 25lbs total, 10lbs in 6 days once, b/c I could not eat (and I LOVE to eat!) anything w/out incurring severe, debilitating pain.

I slowly began incorporating pre-pulverized foods, like rice baby cereal and baby food purees.

I also went totally gluten-free and that has made the biggest difference for me I think. Should have mentioned that before...

If I eat anything with a significant amount of gluten in it even now- WHAMO! So away I stay.

--------------------
(The ole disclaimer: I'm not a doctor.)

Posts: 1349 | From VA | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AlanaSuzanne
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AlanaSuzanne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you everyone. I will reply to all within the next couple of days. Eyes are closing now [Smile]

In the meantime please if anyone else is going thru this I would really appreciate your input/experience.

--------------------

---Eleanor Roosevelt

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement