LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Anyone taking or have taken mepron and Azithromycin???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anyone taking or have taken mepron and Azithromycin???
alextaylor14
Member # 25124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alextaylor14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got back from my llmd and I am pretty frustrated. I have been having muscle pain, twitching, burning skin, bad brain fog, bad anxiety and trouble sleeping.

She took me off factive but is continuing me on tindamax, cefnidir and added Azithromycin and mepron.

She said she has only been treating lyme for 2 years and when I first saw her she said I need I.V. and I am still on orals and getting worse. I have a lot of neuro problems that have gotten so bad that I have been to two ALS clinics in San Francisco but found out I do not have ALS.

Anyone have experiences with Azithromycin and mepron? Anyone in Norther California that could recommend I good LLMD because I really think I need someone who has had more experience with Lyme?

Posts: 39 | From Northern California | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why are you frustrated? It sounds like your LLMD is following the Dr. B guidelines at ILADS.org . It's a protocol designed to go after Lyme and babesia.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like she is doing what she needs to do. How long have you been on the meds? You WILL get worse before you get better!!!! It can take months to get a turn around.. Ask her about the IVs and what her plan is. But you are on some good stuff.
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You are on the same combo as me; Mepron/Zith/Tindamax. I am being treated for babesia and have improved 50%.

There are many great doctors in N. CA., but it looks like this one knows what he/she is doing. Are you treating babesia/lyme? What are you doses of abx?

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Need Lots of Help
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18603

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Need Lots of Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am currently on Zith and Mepron...for babs. I just started this combo 2 weeks ago, so I can't really say if it is helping me or not.
Posts: 893 | From Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alextaylor14
Member # 25124

Icon 1 posted      Profile for alextaylor14     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for the responses. I have just been frustrated because I have been on orals since April and have just been getting worse. She thought that I should be one iv because of my neurological symptoms when we first met in April and I continue to get worse on orals...
Posts: 39 | From Northern California | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cactus
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 7347

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cactus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And when you ask her about going on IV, what does she say?

Personally - I made bigger strides at getting well on orals than I did on IV.

Also, since you have babesia - I believe getting rid of that before going on IV is a good move. My LLMD did it in that order, too.

How long were you sick prior to starting treatment?

It can take a long time, and it feels like forever.

Hang in there.

--------------------
�Did you ever stop to think, and forget to start again?� - A.A. Milne

Posts: 1987 | From No. VA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
alextaylor14
Member # 25124

Cactus- Symptoms really started to show up around July of 2009 but I can remember having problems since 2007.

I asked her about IV and she really didnt have a clear answer just that she wanted to give this a try. So maybe if this doesnt help with my symptoms than maybe she will want to start IV.

alextaylor14
Member # 25124

Cactus- Symptoms really started to show up around July of 2009 but I can remember having problems since 2007.

I asked her about IV and she really didnt have a clear answer just that she wanted to give this a try. So maybe if this doesnt help with my symptoms than maybe she will want to start IV.

INEBG
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for INEBG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi. I am in No. CA and like my Lyme doctor, who is in Sacramento. In this area we are fortunate to have some excellent LLMDs.

I am currently taking Azithromycin, Mepron, Artemisia, and A-Bab for Babesia - all oral meds. I've been on this combo, minus the A-Bab, since late September, 2009 and do not know how much longer I will be doing this before we change meds to tackle bartonella.

One of my Lyme friends who had severe neuro lyme and who has a well-known and well-respected LLMD was on oral meds for babesia for 18 months and just recently, having finally gotten good test results re. the babesia, has started on IV meds for the Lyme.

This is all a lesson in patience, I think. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Posts: 212 | From San Francisco Bay Area, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement