LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Oh this hip pain!!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oh this hip pain!!!
littlebit27
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geez, I feel like both sides of my hips are broken. They hurt so bad. It is usually only the right side of my hip but today it has been both.

It feels similar to a stress fracture. I know it's part of this mess, but which one is it? I'm always getting confused about which one causes one side pain and which one causes both sides pain.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
we're all different but for me the hip pain was Babesia

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no idea what I have. I test Igenex pos for Lyme. Pos for past infection of ehr, and pos for myco and C pneumonaie. I tested negative for Bart and Babs.

But I have all kinds of co-infection symptoms. I'm just praying this new LLMD I am seeing knows what she's doing....

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way, Janet! your hip pain was babesia? Did it go away?

I've had this hip pain (on one side) forever and it's never really let up much.

I have babesia too, which seems to be the "flavor of the month" for me recently. All else is quiet.

My llmd never said the hip pain could be babs. I don't remember that he did, anyway.

Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for janet thomas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never would have figured it out.

But when I took chloroquine lots of vague symptoms became clear. Because the first dose of chloroquine was magical, within hours I felt SO MUCH BETTER. No herxing. That's how it is with malaria too.

It seems, for me, that the following are due to babs

hip pain
cramping in calves
part of my sleep problems
depression
IBS
foot pain
knee pain
dead center low back pain. severe at times
extreme fatigue, of course

but i didn't have

sweats
chills
air hunger
headaches

Now the bad news-after several rounds of chloroquine & primaquine the Babs still came back and now seems to be resistant to CQ & PQ.

Since tafenoquine is still listed as available soon, at the Canadian pharmacies, I can't get that.

So I'm gonna try coiling for it again but this time I realize what a huge problem Babs is and I'm gonna hammer it, this is war-me vs Babesia.

--------------------
I am not a doctor and this is not medical advice but only my personal experience and opinion.

Posts: 2001 | From NJ | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maps
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19758

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a foot note, tafenoquine on backorder in canada is not the only perscription medication to be that way.

My pharmacyst can not get diflucan, back ordered.

She has told me that since the government told generic companies they had to reduce prices last year they have actually stopped production.

She has patients on heart medication where she cannot get the dosage so instead of them taking 2 pills a day they now have to take 15. She is so frustrated and spending half her day trying to track down medication.

I was interested in this post as I am hoping to get treated for babesia, terrible hip pain both sides now plus left flank pain, hourly sweats and chills. Happy to hear yours is going away with treatment

--------------------
1999 CFS, 2002 CMV Myco pneumonia
1 year antibiotics on and off
2002 EBV, 2009 Positive Igenex Borellia and Babesia, Brain mri severe white matter disease
Monoclonal Gammopathy. On and off antibiotics since sept. March 9 started iv antibiotics

Posts: 328 | From somewhereelse | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
janet thomas
Member # 7122

socialized medicine, just can't wait for the USA to get it

then everyone can have equally poor health care

and the IDSA will have their way, no chronic lyme

--------------------

sk8ter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sk8ter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep Janet..just wait///
Posts: 871 | From orange county, ca. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Janet, I'm sorry to hear that the CQ & PQ combo is no longer working for you. It's just not fair.

Do you know, is there any hope that tafenoquine might make it out here in the USA soon? It sounds like such a promising med. It should be in trials all over the world. Doctors should be allowed access when other treatments fail.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first joint pain when I started getting really ill,

Was my right hip. Hurt so bad.

It would wake me up from a sound sleep.

It felt like my hips did when I was 9 months pregnant.

Mine went away with doxy.

For me it was the Lyme....

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My first joint pain when I started getting really ill,

Was my right hip. Hurt so bad.

It would wake me up from a sound sleep.

It felt like my hips did when I was 9 months pregnant.

Mine went away with doxy.

For me it was the Lyme....

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement