LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Medical Questions » Pressure in Head and bad neck pain & stiffness

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pressure in Head and bad neck pain & stiffness
summer22
Member # 27913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summer22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone else have this?

Sometimes I can't keep my head up and have to rest it on a pillow due to neck pain.

My neck makes all kinds of noises and it is stiff at times.

My head feels pressure on sides and I keep swallowing to try to clear it.

I'm just getting nervous and need to know if anyone else has this!

My ears feel clogged too!

Thanks!

Posts: 70 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
opus2828
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for opus2828     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I get a lot of head pain, pressure and stiff neck and pain. My ears also have that clogged feeling.

For me, I think it is babesia causing a lot of it.

Posts: 581 | From CT | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiden424
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7633

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aiden424     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A stiff neck, sore throat, and headache were my first symptoms when I first got sick over 24 years a go. I still have it today on and off, just not as bad.

Kathy

--------------------
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Posts: 807 | From South Dakota | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have this too. These were my first symptoms that made me realize something was really wrong. I had a clogged ear, ear pain, neck pain/stiffness/cracking, burning pain down left side of spine and headaches...only on the left side of my head. It progressed into head pressure, all sorts of horrible headaches. 2 years later, I am stilldealing with it,but I just started treating 2 months ago. I cannot hold my neck up at times. It feels very weak. Hoping it gets better for all of us!
Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do make sure the head pressure and fullness in the ears is not from a sinus condition or infection there. I've been having that and my Lyme is gone now. The pressure responds to Mucinex and Nasacort.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jwall
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jwall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo,
What is Nasacort?

Posts: 618 | From NC | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about nasonex?

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I developed the horrible head and neck pain and stiffness 2 1/2 years ago when I tried Ambien CR for sleep.

I had undiagnosed lyme which was "fibromyalgia" then.

I have been treating for 20 months.

I was on doxy/plaquenil the first time during months 1-3 of treatment. I think my bacterial load was way too high at that time to see any improvement...just herxing.

The 2nd time I went on doxy/plaquenil was month 9 of treatment.

3 days later I noticed a very subtle change in the quality of my neck pain. I had a very slow and subtle improvement for several months.

I went off doxy for the summer of 2010 and the pain got worse again, but not as bad as it was initially.

I just went back on again (3rd time)recently, and the pain is getting better again....very slowly.

I had frequent nausea the 1st time I was on doxy.

After that, the 2nd and 3rd times I took it, I have never had a single episode of nausea.

I think I'd have to credit all the good probiotics.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had all those symptoms; creaking neck, head pressure and clogged ears. I've been treating babesia for about ten months, and those symptoms are 80% gone. Just have a little remaining creaking in my neck at times.

I second the use of Mucinex, it is a miracle product for head pressure, clogged ears, and any congestion related to lyme.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JOLA
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JOLA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Head pressure and stiff neck have been major symptoms for me.
After treating for 18mos. I think high dose Amoxy 6 grams per day did it for me. While I still have slight symptoms I would say they went down from a 10 to a 3.
Pamela Weintraub (Cure Unknown) stated the same drug worked for her.

Posts: 146 | From Vancouver, BC | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summer22
Member # 27913

Icon 1 posted      Profile for summer22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for responding. It feels good to know I am not alone.

I've had a number of friends with Lyme Disease and they were fine with just 3 weeks on Doxy.

I just realized (this morning) that I've had this a lot longer than I realized initially.

I just didn't recognize it even though I had a tick attached to my head 2 years ago and have been around ticks my whole life.

So, amoxicillian & mucinex?

I just started taking Ceftin because I had no response to Doxycycline (200 mgs per day).

I am going to my primary car dr. to see what he can do if any.

To hold me over until my appt. with LLMD Nov. 18.

Does anyone know If I can take Ceftin with Doxy? In case my Primary dr. gives me Doxy.

What meds can you not combine?

Thanks everyone so much! [Smile]

Posts: 70 | From NJ | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
psano2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11711

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psano2     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree w/those that relate those symptoms are due to Babesia. I had those symptoms and they're mostly gone now w/ treatment for Babs. The stiff shoulders were such a horrible symptom. I don't know about you, but it just made me feel like I couldn't keep my head and shoulders up. I feared that I'd become a hunchback.

I actually used different things like ozonated olive oil, Flagyl (metronidazole) ointment, boneset tincture, red root, bee venom ointment and other anti-babesia and anti-borrelia topicals and massaged them into the shoulder muscles. The first time I did it, my muscles cramped severely. It was painful, but somehow I thought it was a sign that I was killing things. After repeated applications, my shoulders started loosening up and began to feel normal. Around this same time I also started breaking out with a rash. I felt this was a sign of bugs trying to get out. It took time, but eventually the rash went away.

Now I'm a lot better.

This was all an experiment on myself out of desperation for relief. If you want to try it, be careful with the boneset and red root because they can stain fabric easily. You might try ozonated olive oil, coconut oil, or something like that to start.

Posts: 975 | From California | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took minocycline and ceftin together. Minocycline is a tetracycline drug, like doxy.

I did the same as you, when I first started treating, before my LLMD. PCP gave me doxy and minocycline, then added Ceftin. The Ceftin really helped my joint pain, and held me over until my LLMD appointment.

It probably was suppressing the lyme on some level, but didn't touch babesia.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
'Kete-tracker
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 17189

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 'Kete-tracker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
summer22,
Usually ya take a regiment where the 'core abx' is doxy OR Ceftin. They work in different ways & rarely are combined.
Don't take 'em together w/o discussing it with your LLMD on the 18th. [Wink]

Neck pain, Stifffnesss & creaking are quite common w/ Lyme.
But as Lymetoo says, side-of-head pressure (middle ears?) MIGHT be something else.
TRY some O.T.C. stuff & if it doesn't improve in a few days, or starts to get significantly worse, have the doc check it out (i.e: throat & ear exam).

Posts: 1233 | From Dover, NH | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
feelbetter
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for feelbetter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do you feel headache or only head pressure?
For me,I have both..head pressure also make me feel pain..

Posts: 158 | From pittsburgh | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
summer22
Member # 27913

Thanks again!

I have both headache and head pressure that comes and goes.

I have an appt. with an ENT tomorrow morning to see if it's a sinus thing or something of that nature.

Thanks so much all for your responses and advice!

Your all so intelligent!

Why aren't you all dr's instead of these quacks out there??? LOL

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement