LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » If you could travel anywhere to see a doc, who would you see?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: If you could travel anywhere to see a doc, who would you see?
matthew wright
Member # 30631

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matthew wright     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was originally looking for Seattle LLMD's. Now I am willing to fly anywhere to see the best doc. Looking for someone who does ABX and herbs etc.

any recommendations for the best lyme docs out there would be great. Was thinking of Dr J. in redwood city - anyone have experience?

Thanks so much.

Posts: 5 | From seattle, WA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sending you a PM.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tic chick
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 9156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tic chick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am also interested in that information if someone could forward it along,please?

--------------------
Adversity is the diamond dust heaven polishes it's jewels with. � Robert Leighton

Daily world-wide prayers welcome for the Lyme Community - every day at 6:00 p.m. Pacific Time and 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time � all faiths welcome!

Posts: 309 | From S.E. Mass | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
littlebit could you throw me on that as well? thanks [Smile]
Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too...

...and why?

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toppers
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20083

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Toppers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why what? I'm sure everyone has exhausted their local LLMD's "if" they even have any. I know all the LLMD's within a 3 state radius of me are BLAH.
Posts: 501 | From Cleveland Ohio | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too... (I would like a recommendation to a doctor, willing to travel anywhere)

...and why? (I would like to know why that doctor is the one!)

I am actually looking for an LLMD that also will look at mold, viruses, mycoplasmas, high strep, and high heavy metals... and come up with a treatment plan.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by matthew wright:

any recommendations for the best lyme docs out there would be great. Was thinking of Dr J. in redwood city - anyone have experience?

Thanks so much.

I think you mean Dr H? He's a very experienced LLMD who many people go to.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bri in ohio
Member # 31223

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bri in ohio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Would appreciate a name of a LLMD in Ohio
Posts: 2 | From ohio | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
baileypup
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22824

Icon 1 posted      Profile for baileypup     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I heard a fantastic LLMD speak at a lyme conference with the famous Dr. B. Her name is Dr. A. C. and she is in PA. She uses a combination of antibiotics and homeopathic treatment. The only problem is she has an eight month waiting list. PM me if you want her name. There were many great docs at this presentation, but she is the one that stood out, and I would love to have gone to her.

If not her, I would see Dr. H in NY. Tbe Dr. H in CA that you were referring to was also at this conference. He has a good reputation.

Posts: 964 | From san diego | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Please Help
Member # 31497

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Please Help     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in Texas and need to find a doctor. Where would you recommend going if you could go anywhere to be treated? I have had lyme disease for 4 years and have not really had much help. I don't know where to get help or what to do at this point. Where do I start?
Posts: 5 | From Fort Worth | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Karensky
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21350

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Karensky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
up

--------------------
"Gratitude is not only the greatest of virtues , but the parent of all others "....Cicero

Posts: 254 | From new jersey | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent messages to all of you!
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know of a Dr J in redwood city but I think you might be thinking of Dr H. He seems to be quite good and does both integrative medicine and relatively aggressive antibiotics as necessary. I have two real-life friends (and a lot of Lymenet friends) who go to him, and I think his treatment choices are top-notch.

Dr H in New York State seems REALLY good also from everything I"ve read. I currently fly across country to see one in DC (he's not seeing new out-of-state patients so I won't recommend him) and I find it pretty hard to make the trip even though I'm fairly healthy now- it's just a lot to do. I think that flying down the coast from Seattle might be easier than going all the way to the East Coast, based on my experience. Also, Redwood City is relatively easy to get to from the SFO airport, unlike where the New York State Dr H is, relative to the local airports.

you can read things written by both Dr H's about their treatment of Lyme, just google their names. I think the California one has written in a book that has a long exerpt online, and the Redwood City doctor's approach is discussed in the book The Lyme Disease Solution (by a Dr S who is quite good from what I hear).

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
plove
Member # 31581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for plove         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am looking too!
Posts: 3 | From los angeles | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Idesign50
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 7685

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Idesign50     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can I add my name to this list, except, I can't take anti-biodics. Just lost my LLMD, Thanks so much
Posts: 246 | From Illinois | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement