LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Dr. L. in Pawling or Dr. J in DC, recommendation and experience?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dr. L. in Pawling or Dr. J in DC, recommendation and experience?
Binebee
Member # 37587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Binebee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
Does anyone have experience with any or both of them?
Thank you so much for your input!!
Binebee

Posts: 8 | From Atlanta | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most here would choose Dr J over Dr L .. for sure.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a post on the board asking about Dr. L right now. It is here:

http://flash.lymenet.org/scripts/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/20585?

If you don't know his fees, send me a private message and I will tell them to you.

Just click on the icon of two people standing next to an envelope right above my post.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Binebee
Member # 37587

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Binebee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why would people choose dr. J over dr. L?
Could you explain, please. Or send me a private message.
Thank you much!!!!

Posts: 8 | From Atlanta | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Binebee, I answered this question above. Did you look at the link? What don't you understand?
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Binebee
Member # 37587

TF,
Yes you did, but Mick says something else.
I am confused, because I have appointments with both next week and have to decide which one to see.
And I need you guys experienced advise or if there is anybody else you would suggest since this is all new to me and was put on 1g rocephrin by an infectious d. Doctor that has no clue about lyme and I am really sick!
Thank you guys!!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mick... how long have you been a patient of dr L?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hopeny
Member # 35984

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hopeny     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My dd8 is a patient of Dr L, we are just getting started in treatmeny. If anyone has experinces that they would like to share with me, please PM me. Thank you
Posts: 92 | From New Yorl | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady11
Member # 37038

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lady11     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if Dr. J does supplements? Like does he recommened them? Also does he ever recommend herbs? Its confusing how most llmds are ilads memebers but seem to be different in treatment approaches!
Posts: 27 | From Cn | Registered: Apr 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

Patients of Dr. J have told me that they are taking supplements. One person told me that the PAs decide what supplements you should be on.

The ones people named were vitamins and minerals. So, I don't know about herbs.

Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
mick, TF is NOT a "Miss know it all" or lonely person, as you have stated in this post and another. Neither does she deserve disrespect.

She successfully treated and recovered from her own Lyme a long time ago, and does everyone at Lymenet the service of coming on here and offering a great deal of help. She knows a great deal about proper Lyme treatment and the individual LLMD's.

By the way, Dr. L is very dedicated to Lyme treatment. However, in my knowledge of him from hearing him at lectures and speaking to others, he is not as comprehensive as an LLMD needs to be in order to treat Lyme and coinfections well. I'm speaking about abx now, not supplements, although he doesn't do supplements to my knowledge.

[ 05-22-2012, 01:02 AM: Message edited by: Rumigirl ]

Posts: 3770 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mick
Member # 37419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mick         Edit/Delete Post 
And for anyone interested in the truth about dr. l ... of course he does antibiotics. ..... There are so few drs. who actually deserve the honor of being called a lyme dr. and it's shameful and scary that people are being misdirected away from them......

**edited**

[ 05-21-2012, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 31 | From ny | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rumigirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rumigirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i did not say or mean that Dr. L doesn't use abx! I said that he is not as comprehensive as he needs to be in abx treatment. There is a very large difference. The person above actually said as much in his own words.
Posts: 3770 | From around | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cracker Jack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cracker Jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've really been biting my tongue over here with this mick character for a while now!

--------------------
Let us not become weary in doing good,for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
--
[hi]

Posts: 247 | From HOME | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cracker Jack
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34734

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cracker Jack     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Binebee

There are many LLMDs out there that are better then Dr.J, Dr.L is not on my radar and thats not a good thing. When it comes to Dr.J I have Friends who can't wait to get away from him & his Pa staff. If your not on the million dollar 5-6 year IV plan, you won't hardly even see him.. And for every Patient that loves him 100's have left.

Lady11,
Anyone can be a member of Ilads. IMHO, I only know of only 15 really good LLMDs out there & none of them are in NJ. Sorry Mick, I have to tell the truth here..

Lady11, I'll list them in order. If you'd like that just PM Me, one thing you will take notice too on My List is you won't see Dr.J's name at all. The movie under our skin did make a Dr.J look good as being better than most, it also showed His fight with the state and they followed 1 of his patients.
That was then and this is now! His treatment plans have changed big time from when he was in NC. Most of His Patients are now being tested on with His change everyone treatment plan at the drop of a hat or when he comes up with an idea out of the blue. I have 2 lyme Friends that have not gotten better in years with him.(they are also on other lists right now waiting) that should tell you something. The one after watching me getting well, says: what are doing that I'm not? So I told Him and that I was seeing GS in DC. Now guess where he is headed next month, thats right leaving the great Dr.J's after years for someone else in DC. So that tells me a lot more. The other Friend is headed to Dr.R in Ny for IV that she couldn't afford with Dr.J. He just pulsed Her 1 week out of the month on orals. Hmmm..

If things were really bad and I needed IV I'd go to Dr.H or Dr.R in NY, there are many out there that will give you your life back, but you have to ask yourself how much time & money you have left to waste? Ask Me and I'll tell you none. For most of Us it's a one shot deal. "One and done"

Now, let me add this as I see it. TF is here helping others at Her Own free will to give others a little hindsight to save them from going the long route. She is not making a dime.

Mick by your own words you can not say the same, whats in it for you?
I Pray for you Brother..

I'll leave you with this quote:
God was the only infallible help, guide and friend. If your heart acquires strength, you will be able to remove blemishes from others without thinking evil of them. (Mahatma Gandhi)

--------------------
Let us not become weary in doing good,for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
--
[hi]

Posts: 247 | From HOME | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement