LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Doctor referrel NY, NJ, or FL

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doctor referrel NY, NJ, or FL
palmtree23
Member # 45487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmtree23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm desperate to find a good dr. who treats chronic lyme as well as mold in NY, NJ or FL. Anyone have any suggestions? I've been to so many bad doctors that I'm apprehensive to try another, they are SO expensive, as you all know.

Thanks

[ 08-15-2016, 12:53 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

Posts: 13 | From United States | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The problem is that the states you name are notorious for not having good lyme doctors.

There is nobody in Florida that I recommend. There was one OK doctor in Tampa, but he retired about 2 years ago.

There is nobody in NJ that I can recommend. There are some totally awful NJ doctors who are extremely expensive.

There are some good lyme docs in the state of NY but the best one isn't taking new patients and the other one I recommend is near the Canadian border. Do you want that name?

If you are willing to go to other states such as Maryland or Connecticut, there are doctors there who have good reputations. You only would have to travel to Maryland once every 3 months. You could do telephone or skype appointments the other months.

So, let me know if you want these other names. There just are very few GOOD lyme doctors and the best ones have such long wait times that you have to start with a lesser doctor.

If you go with the doc I recommend, you won't have to be apprehensive. I have lots of patients reporting back to me. A negative report is very, very rare.

Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmtree23
Member # 45487

Icon 1 posted      Profile for palmtree23     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you so much for getting back to me. I will travel anywhere, as long as they are good.
Posts: 13 | From United States | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmtree23
Member # 45487

Please send me the names of the one in Connecticut and Maryland. Thank you so much :-)
TF
Member # 14183

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TF     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent you the names.
Posts: 9931 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SHWUJ
Member # 48583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SHWUJ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I recommend Dr. S in upstate NY. My daughter received treatment there initially although now she is down south with me. He has an integrative medicine clinic. Expensive, yes.
Posts: 4 | From North Carolina | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymehope
Member # 48581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymehope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF please message me the doctor in the Canadian border, I am desperate to find a good doctor as well.
Please also send me the names of the one in Connecticut and Maryland.

Posts: 68 | From new york | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hopingandpraying
Member # 9256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hopingandpraying     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
palmtree23 & lymehope - PMs sent for upstate NY, CT & MD.
Posts: 8981 | From Illinois | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you go to www.VirginiaLyme.org you will see a "doctor referral" page on the menu to your left.

There you can find names and contact information on Lyme treating professionals in all states that have them.

Good luck!

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
palmtree23
Member # 45487

Thank you all so much, I called all of them but I can't afford any of them. Being sick for so long, wasted all my money on the wrong doctors. The location isn't an issue but the office visit and treatment costs are ridiculous. How do people with no help afford it all? Just wondering, by some miracle, do any good doctors take in insurance?
TF
Member # 14183

Most people put the expensive first visit on a credit card and pay it off over time.

Your prescriptions will be covered by insurance as long as you are not prescribed IV.

I don't know of any good doctors who take insurance. Maybe start a new post asking for a doc anywhere who takes insurance. Put that in the title of the post.

My first 2 lyme doctors took insurance. I was given their names by a lyme support group leader. These docs had regular medical practices, but they knew something about lyme. I got lousy lyme treatment for 2 years with these docs. A total waste of my time. I progressed some at first, then new symptoms started coming; my disease was progressing.

This is what can happen with inferior lyme treatment.

Then, I went to a Burrascano type doctor who did not take insurance and I got well quickly and got cured.

With this disease you pay for expertise. Otherwise, you will likely treat forever and not get anywhere.

lymehope
Member # 48581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymehope     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear TF
Can you tell me if you had a choice would you go to Dr S
or Dr. T from Drs. referred.
Did any of them help you get well
thank you

Posts: 68 | From new york | Registered: Aug 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

lymehope. I did not name any Dr. S or any Dr. T to you in my private message. So, I don't know who you are talking about.
lymehope
Member # 48581

Dear TF
Can you message me personally please, I have an unexpected into on doctor to see to share with you and get your insight.
thank you

jmaloney
Member # 48279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jmaloney     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TF, can you please send me the names of the doctors you recommend. I'm curious of the one in NY but I'm also willing to travel to the best doctor as I'm suffering and want some recommendations as not just a list of doctor's on a site. Thanks!
Posts: 6 | From New York | Registered: Jul 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TF
Member # 14183

OK, Maloney, I sent you two names.

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement