LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » Seeking a Doctor » Urgent! Lyme Doc in NEPA

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Urgent! Lyme Doc in NEPA
Bitbytick
Member # 51725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitbytick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seeking desperately for a Lyme doctor in North eastern PA. Anyone who can take insurance if possible please! Willing to travel. I just need someone ASAP. So sick for recent tick bite (this week) thank you!
Posts: 3 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to Lymenet Bitbytick

This is urgent. Did you contact your primary ? Did you go to Urgent Care or E.R.? Did you save the tick ? Did you take a picture of tick? The more documentation the better.

Print this out and take to your primary, ER, or urgent care;

https://www.ilads.org/patient-care/ilads-treatment-guidelines/

The sooner you get treatment the better the outcome. Doxycycline 200mg 2x daily is the usual prescriped dose. Main-stream Doctors are uneducated in Tick Borne Infections. They may prescripe you 1day's worth or 14 days worth of meds. You NEED 6 weeks of Doxy to eliminate infection in it's tracks. Seek treatment now through whoever takes your insurance along with printed out ILADS guidelines in the link I posted.

You can request a LLMD through ILADS (International Lyme and Associated Disease Society) here;

https://www.ilads.org/patient-care/provider-search/

There is a message box where you can ask for a LLMD that accepts insurance. Most LLMD's don't participate with insurances so get your finances in order, Lyme is expensive to treat. Hopefully you can nip it in the bud and not have to worry.

I will send you a private message.

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bitbytick
Member # 51725

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bitbytick     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes I went to ER. They gave 21 days due to the bullseye rash. I never saw the tick so I could not save it. I have a picture of the bullseye for future reference. Is it possible the bullseye can be just Lyme alone??? I am taking some old abx I have called clindamyacin hoping to treat possible Babesia while I can before I am able to locate a doctor who is knowledgeable. Anything I can do I am grasping at straws.

I submitted to ILADS a doctor request and am hoping there are others on this board who see any doctor in pa they can share that accepts insurance. I will travel anywhere! I am the sole provider for my family. Thank you so much.

Thank you for your response.

Posts: 3 | From Pa | Registered: Oct 2018  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bartenderbonnie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 49177

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bartenderbonnie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to the top LLMD's, co-infections are the norm, not the exception. Babesia has been seen in 40% of Lyme patients and Bartonella in 23% in Lyme patients at one LLMD's practice. Not to mention all the other co-infections, parasites, and mycroplasmas. A lot of Lyme meds can address some of these, but not all.

Can it be just Lyme alone, I guess it can be possible.

You are on the right track Bitbytick . . .keep going 💚

Posts: 2977 | From Florida | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just remember that doctors who take insurance usually know VERY LITTLE about treating Lyme disease. Very little.

Best of luck to you on your journey. Keep pushing!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement