LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Thought for the day....... (Page 30)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  59  60  61   
Author Topic: Thought for the day.......
lightfoot
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought for the day....... "To be born again" means to identify oneself properly. It does not mean a chance to begin the misidentification process anew." Anthony de Mello, SJ

--------------------
Healing Smiles.....lightfoot [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lightfoot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thought for the day....... "Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself. Being true to anyone else or anything else is not only impossible, but the mark of a fake messiah." Richard Bach

--------------------

Posts: 7228 | From CO | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself." Anais Nin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day.......``The most exciting breakthroughs of the 21st century will not occur because of technology but because of an expanding concept of what it means to be human.'' John Naisbitt

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The truth you believe and cling to makes you unavailable to hear anything new." Pema Chodron

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children's future. And we are all mortal." John F. Kennedy.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the Thoughts, lightfoot! You are so faithful!

How's this thought?

"Blessed is the influence of one true, loving human soul on another." George Eliot

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We are all faced with a series of great opportunities brilliantly disguised as impossible situations." Charles R. Swindoll

tutu, I love that one!! It rings true to me! Great to hear from you!

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "It's not the load that breaks you down; it's the way you carry it." Lena Horne

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "No creature is fully itself till it is, like the dandelion, opened in the bloom of pure relationship to the sun, the entire living cosmos." D.H. Lawrence

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself." Abraham Lincoln

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The value of experience is not in seeing much, but in seeing wisely." William Osler

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "What you do is of little significance; but it is very important that you do it." Mahatma Gandhi

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now - when?" Hillel

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we really are." Arthur Golden

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "We cannot discover the best inside ourselves while we are dwelling on the the worst in anyone else." Laura Teresa Marquez (Early Morning Conversation)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Love and the self are one and the discovery of either is the realization of both." Leo Buscaglia

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Know the self to be sitting in the chariot, the body to be the chariot, the intellect the charioteer, and the mind the reins." Veda Upanishads

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "There are some things you learn best in calm, and some in storm." Willa Cather

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Could we have entered into the mind of Sir Isaac Newton, and have traced all the steps by which he produced his great works, we might see nothing very extraordinary in the process." Joseph Priestley

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I want to stand as close to the edge as I can without going over. Out on the edge you see all the kinds of things you can't see from the center." Kurt Vonnegut

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others." John Andrew Holmes

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``I salute the light within your eyes where the whole universe dwells. For when you are at that center within you and I am at that place within me, we shall be one.'' Chief Crazy Horse (Oglala Sioux - 1877)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "When we contemplate the whole globe as one great dewdrop, striped and dotted with continents and islands, flying through space with other stars all singing and shining together as one, the whole universe appears as an infinite storm of beauty." John Muir (Travels in Alaska - 1915)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``On a deeper level you are already complete. When you realize that, there is a playful, joyous energy behind what you do.'' Eckhart Tolle

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Therefore, if you want to discover nature's nakedness, you must destroy its symbols, and the farther you get in the nearer you come to its essence. When you come to the One that gathers all things up into itself, there your soul must stay." Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - 1327)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If in the last few years you haven't discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead." Gelett Burgess

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The look of success, when it is worn a certain way, would infuriate a jackass." Albert Camus

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``People seem not to see that their opinion of the world is also a confession of their character.`` Ralph Waldo Emerson

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "It's like, at the end, there's this surprise quiz: am I proud of me? I gave my life to become the person I am right now! Was it worth what I paid?" Richard Bach

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "And we should consider every day lost on which we have not danced at least once. And we should call every truth false which was not accompanied by at least one laugh." Friedrich Nietzsche

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped." African Proverb

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Friend, our closeness is this: anywhere you put your foot, feel me in the firmness under you." Rumi

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The eye through which I see God is the same eye through which God sees me; my eye and God's eye are one eye, one seeing, one knowing, one love." Meister Eckhart (c.1260 - c.1327)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I am the rain coming from the dew that causes the grasses to laugh with the joy of life. I am the yearning for good." Hildegard of Bingen

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Dhamma is in your mind, not in the forest. Don't believe others. Just listen to your mind. You don't have to go and look anywhere else. Wisdom is in yourself, just like a sweet ripe mango is already in a young green one." Ajahn Chah

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The timing of death, like the ending of a story, gives a changed meaning to what preceded it." Mary Catherine Bateson

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

8-28 Thought for the day....... "For what is Mysticism? It is not the attempt to draw near to God, not by rites or ceremonies, but by inward disposition?
Is it not merely a hard word for 'The Kingdom of Heaven is within'?
Heaven is neither a place nor a time." Florence Nightingale (1820-1910)

8-29 Thought for the day....... "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple." Dr. Seuss

Yesterday found me off the grid.

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I have seen what a laugh can do. It can transform almost unbearable tears into something bearable, even hopeful." Bob Hope

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "All the art of living lies in a fine mingling of letting go and holding on." Havelock Ellis

--------------------

Susie R
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30780

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Susie R     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for this.... [Smile]
Posts: 234 | From albany, ny | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... " Losing an illusion makes you wiser than finding a truth." Ludwig Borne

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``Something we were withholding made us weak, until we found it was ourselves.'' Robert Frost

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." Roald Dahl

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If one is lucky, a solitary fantasy can totally transform one million realities." Maya Angelou

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. What you'll discover will be wonderful. What you'll discover is yourself." Alan Alda

Enjoy Labor Day!

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The creative process is a cocktail of instinct, skill, culture and a highly creative feverishness. It is not like a drug; it is a particular state when everything happens very quickly, a mixture of consciousness and unconsciousness, of fear and pleasure; it's a little like making love, the physical act of love." Francis Bacon

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Sometimes I think creativity is magic; it's not a matter of finding an idea, but allowing the idea to find you." Maya Lin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "It is the eye of ignorance that assigns a fixed and unchangeable color to every object; beware of this stumbling block." Paul Gauguin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I like my friends to be the hitters. The pitchers, they all have the same brain as I do. The hitters see the game from a different perspective." Joe Mays

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Creativity represents a miraculous coming together of the uninhibited energy of the child with its apparent opposite and enemy, the sense of order imposed on the disciplined adult intelligence." Norman Podhoretz

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The theoretician believes in logic and believes that he despises dreams, intuition, and poetry. He does not recognize that these three fairies have only disguised themselves in order to dazzle him.... He does not know that he owes his greatest discoveries to them." Antoine de Saint-Exup�ry - 1939-1944 (Wartime Writings )

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought." Albert Szent-Gy�rgyi

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Because it is a radical act of freedom, creative achievement is a heroic process that requires, in all its permutations, specific strengths of character." Robert Grudin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``We are all born with genius. It's like our fairy godmother. But what happens in life is that we stop listening to our inner voices, and we no longer have access to this extraordinary ability to create poetry.'' Milton Glaser

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "People who lean on logic and philosophy and rational exposition end by starving the best part of the mind." William Butler Yeats

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong." Joseph Chilton Pearce

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``Your mind knows only some things. Your inner voice, your instinct, knows everything. If you listen to what you know instinctively, it will always lead you down the right path.'' Henry Winkler

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "There are unknown forces in nature; when we give ourselves wholly to her, without reserve, she lends them to us; she shows us these forms, which our watching eyes do not see, which our intelligence does not understand or suspect." Auguste Rodin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The artist is the confidant of nature, flowers carry on dialogues with him through the graceful bending of their stems and the harmoniously tinted nuances of their blossoms. Every flower has a cordial word which nature directs towards him." Auguste Rodin

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Art is a lie which makes us realize the truth." Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Art always unites people − their hearts and nations around the world." Kizlarkhon Dustmuhamedova

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Fortunately art is a community effort -a small but select community living in a spiritualized world endeavoring to interpret the wars and the solitudes of the flesh." Eric Gill

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns." George Eliot

The September equinox occurs at 09:04 (or 9:04am) Coordinated Universal Time (UTC), the first day of fall.

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The secret of art is love." Antoine Bourdelle

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I see something - some conjunction of forms - which dominates all others. There is a sudden recognition that in what I have been looking at there is contained a unique series of rhythms... A shiver down the spine arrives to prove the validity of such an encounter." Graham Sutherland (English Artist)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Creativity in living is not without its attendant difficulties, for peculiarity breeds contempt. And the unfortunate thing about being ahead of your time when people finally realize you were right, they'll say it was obvious all along." Alan Ashley-Pitt

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "If you want to be one of the first into a new territory, you cannot wait for large amounts of evidence." Joel Barker

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Perhaps our originality manifests itself most strikingly in what we do with that which we did not originate. To discover something wholly new can be a matter of chance, of idle tinkering, or even of the chronic dissatisfaction of the untalented." Eric Hoffer

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "The more intelligent one is, the more men of originality one finds. Ordinary people find no difference between men." Blaise Pascal

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "There is a correlation between the creative and the screwball. So we must suffer the screwball gladly." Kingman Brewster

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Action and reaction, ebb and flow, trial and error, change - this is the rhythm of living. Out of our over-confidence, fear; out of our fear, clearer vision, fresh hope. And out of hope, progress." Bruce Barton

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... ``Invention, it must be humbly admitted, does not consist in creating out of void but out of chaos.'' Mary Shelley

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "I believe in the imagination. What I cannot see is infinitely more important than what I can see." Duane Michals (Real Dreams)

--------------------

lightfoot
Member # 2536

Thought for the day....... "Every artist dips his brush in his own soul, and paints his own nature into his pictures." Henry Ward Beecher

--------------------

This topic comprises 61 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  59  60  61   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement