LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Southern NH lymies lecture series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Southern NH lymies lecture series
thislittlepiggie
Member # 4521

Icon 10 posted      Profile for thislittlepiggie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just spotted a lecture series being given through the Portsmouth Regional Hospital to include a lecture entitled "Coping with Chronic Lyme Disease" by Don McNeel, MD.

It is to be held at the Courtyard Marriott, 1000 Market Street in Portsmouth. The date of the lecture is Monday June 27th at 7:00pm and you can call 603-433-6976 to pre-register. There is a $5.00 registration fee which supports local women's and children's charities.

I should mention that I know nothing about the doctor or the lecture itself, so I can't endorse it, just thought I would pass along the info.

Hope to meet up with some fellow Lymies from my area there. Take care

Posts: 29 | From manchester, NH, USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WIZARD
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4597

Icon 5 posted      Profile for WIZARD     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone have any more updated info on this event?

Any feeling about which camp this Dr. may be in?

Wizard

Posts: 252 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
perplexed
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 1913

Icon 6 posted      Profile for perplexed     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This only makes me wonder because I got bit in NH in 1972. From 1972-2001 I lived in NH..Manchester area..and no doctor ever put my symptoms together. It wasn't until I moved to KY in 2001 that a wonderful doctor diagnosed me with Lyme disease. Problem is there are no LLMDs in KY, so I will be going to Missouri next month to see an LLMD.

I have been in touch with my doctor of 18 yrs in Manchester, and he said that the Lyme is gone..with antibiotics he had to give me for bronchitis, strep, tonsillitis and bladder infections. I disagree. New Hampshire is not a good place to be with Lyme Disease.

Will be interested to see if this Doctor at the seminar is and LLMD.

Posts: 324 | From Lexington, KY, USA | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achey
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6284

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. McNeel is a good guy. I met him last week at the NH state house signing of the NH Lyme Disease bill.

He is working on becoming LL, and is studying under Dr. R in CT and Dr. B...

Unfortunately, he is contracted with Portsmouth Family Practice, and the practice is closed to new patients.

Posts: 663 | From NH USA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shazdancer
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1436

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shazdancer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have also heard good things about the guy. He is an ILADS doc. His colleagues may not share his views on Lyme -- the hospital website certainly doesn't. However, his talk comes at a good time, on the heels of NH state hearings on the disease.

I'm going, to show support. Hope to see you there,

Shaz

Posts: 1558 | From the Berkshires | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i spoke to dr McNeel by phone a week ago. he seems a very caring nuturing physician
he is hoping to have several colleages attend this talk in portsmouth as well
Dr M is an associaate of some of the most respected lyme LLMDs in connecticut, believing that every person should be treated in a different manner depending on symptoms and manifestation of lymew in the individuals body
he treats with supplements as is in favor of alternative therapies
also, in the works is his intent to move into private practice by summers end . those of us in northern new england will really benefit by his practice

hope to see you others who are local at the talk
jan
[email protected]

Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sapphire
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4599

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sapphire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bump to top

Posts: 154 | From NH | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bob_ffxi
Member # 7945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bob_ffxi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dr. M is currently my PCP and the only person who has helped me or listened to my symptoms since I became sick. The thing I like most about him is that he actually listens without interrupting, and he doesnt talk down to me. He also doesnt chastise me for doing a lot of research on my health problems, and the first doctor I've met that admits he is not an all knowing expert but will research whatever he can to help.

With my experience with other doctors I was also surprised that he actually returns my calls himself even when it is not an emergency.

Dr. M is currently trying to leave the practice he is at to go into private practice, sounded like he was having issues with his partners although he said some were warming up to his lyme treatment. He doesnt plan on being at his current location past the end of the year.

I don't mean to sound gushy but I have had some -bad- experiences with doctors while trying to get someone to just TEST me for lyme in the first place. I feel bad that he is having issues because of his treatment of Lyme...

Also FYI:

My direct lyme treatment experience thus far has been that he has made a clinical diagnosis and is starting treatment. He also made sure I got Igenex tested (lyme panel, babs) before starting meds, test results should be in this week. Started on Ceftin 1000mg twice a day, might add something that'll take care of any bart possibility when I see him in a week. We are waiting for the test results to make insurance approval for Rocephin easier.

On the first visit I was provided with lots of literature explaining lyme, testing, camps a&b, etc. and he explained how he treats based on clinical diagnosis regardless of test results.

I was also shown some deer ticks he has and was allowed to look at them under a microscope. I never imagined how small they were, he held the slide up to my arm with the tick on it, the nymphal one was almost invisible.

Hope this is usefull to any of you in the area, I was also told by the receptonist that he is currently accepting lyme patients even though the practice is not accepting new patients.

-Bob

[ 24. October 2005, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: bob_ffxi ]

Posts: 67 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement