LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I lost my Klonopin!!!! :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I lost my Klonopin!!!! :(
nessa143143
Member # 20340

Icon 9 posted      Profile for nessa143143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't believe I lost it. I was almost a whole bottle of 2mg 3x daily and I got it on Monday. I can't find it anywhere and the trash has already been taken out for yesterday and the day before. I can't IMAGINE that I would misplace this medication or throw it away.

Unreal.

My pain doctor WILL not refill a med like this in this strength early due to loss and I'm going to go through withdrawals and I'm already in so much pain. This is my life line and I have to go to court on Monday at 4:30pm. [Smile]

I don't know what to do. I called the doc and they said their policy is clear, which I understand, but I just filled it, going a month without it, going through the divorce stuff, I feel like I'm going to lose it.

I've checked EVERYWHERE. Like 3 or 4 or 100 times. Even in places I know I would have never put it.

Is there anything I can do? Any help you can offer? I'm about to lose it here. It's too much to handle. I'm so upset and in so much pain. I need a psychic to tell me where to look. lol. [Frown]

How can I wait another MONTH for this? God.

Posts: 63 | From Hell - Or at least it feels like it, Oh, I mean Tampa, FL. OOOps! :D | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you have been on this med for any period of time your doctor has to refill it, YOU WILL GO INTO SEVERE WITHDRAWALS AND POSSIBLY HAVE SEIZURE IF YOU COLD TURKEY 6mg of klonopin a day.

I urge you to call the doctor and re-explain, when you go to the ER they will give you some, cause your gonna end up there in about 3 days if you don't get a refill.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

If your doc does not refill get a mal practice lawyer today, and cancel that court date cause you are not going to be able to function by monday.

I don't mean to scare you but 6mg of klonopin CANNOT BE STOPPED COLD TURKEY, explain that to whoever works there. You are almost guaranteed to a have grand mal seizure.

IckyTicky
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 21466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for IckyTicky     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Honestly I dont think it needs to go to a mal practice suit. The terms are clear for a reason and that is because the drug is abused.

I agree that it can not be stopped cold turkey and maybe going in to see your Dr and explaining might help. Or you may have to go to the ER and get some.

Either way, suing the Dr will get you nowhere (and it's not his fault the med was lost to begin with).
He has to cover his arse too.

I hope you find the med though.

--------------------
IGM: 18+, 23+, 30+, 31+++, 34+, 39IND, 41++, 58+++, 66+, 83-93IND
IGG: 31+, 39IND, 41+
Also positive for Mycoplasma Pneumoniae and RMSF.
Whole family of 5 dx with Lyme.

Posts: 1014 | From Texas | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pain management docs are very strict about policy, because they have so many people coming to them with medication addictions. You can't sue them for sticking to their policy.

You will either have to go to another doctor or the ER.....today! Very dangerous to go cold turkey.

Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

I would also try the pharmacy, if this is the first time something like this happened they should be able to accomidate you till a doctor takes care of it. I could see the dr cutting you off if this was a regular occurance but this is not a drug that can be stopped abruptly, trust me, I did Cold Turkey pre-internet in the 80s, and ended up in the ER, you don't wanna go there, if you think lyme is bad, you do not want to go into acute benzo withdrawal and if your post is correct and you are at 6mg you will. It has a 36 hour half life so it gonna take a few days to really hit you. I would go to doctors office in person pronto, cause over the weekend you'll be SOL.
1Bitten2XShy
Unregistered

Pharmacy cannot hand out the drug without an Rx.

I would as others have stated call my Dr. back and explain, or really if I could I would do a walk-in to speak with him face to face.

If this has not been an issue in the past, I am would think once he speaks with you he would be willing to write a replacement.

When was the last time you took the drug and where were you? Maybe we can help you think back to where you placed the Rx.

nessa143143
Member # 20340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nessa143143     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My car is broken. I can't get a ride. It's 30 minutes away. I just don't know what to do. Yes, the post is correct, 2mg x 3 daily. I don't know what to do. I just don't see how in the world I lost it. I might have to go look in the dumpster. Unreal. If anyone has any ideas of being able to get some by Monday, any type of idea at all, pm me or something. Pain management docs don't budge at all when it comes to stuff.
Posts: 63 | From Hell - Or at least it feels like it, Oh, I mean Tampa, FL. OOOps! :D | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
losferwrds
Unregistered

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 1Bitten2XShy:
[QB] Pharmacy cannot hand out the drug without an Rx.

The script has refills, even though its not refillable for 30 days, the pharmacist will know the complications of benzo withdrawal and be able to supply a few days worth pills till a new script can be written for the lost meds, you may have to pay outta pocket though rather than get the ins co-pay since you lost the original pills.
The pharmacist will also have your complete history on the meds, that is if you consistently use the same pharmacy, and as long as you have no history of trying to get refills early or consistently losing meds I think the pharmacist can float you something till you can convince you md the meds got trashed

We're talkin klonopin here not demoral or oxycodone.

And 6mg is an anti-seazure dosage, its nothing to be cold turkeying from. The only other option is go to the ER and get script from a doctor there.

Jenifer
Administrator
Member # 697

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenifer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just as a reminder, there is to be no distributing of any medication (prescribed or over the counter), supplements, etc.

I appreciate all the advice you are all providing, and I just wanted to make sure this topic didn't head where it should not be headed to.

I hope you do find it soon, nessa!!

--------------------
Jenifer Stolow
LymeNet.Org Webmaster

Posts: 318 | From Upstate New York, USA | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my pharmacist is a real sweetheart. i had my prescriptions stolen at a holiday inn hotel. all my llmd's.

i called long distance to gerald and he called little rock and told the walmart there to issue the prescription due to theft. i did have several refills left on each.

didn't even have to involve my doctor.

it was antibiotics and sleep meds.

i'd say go to your phamacist and see if they can work something out.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beautiful Disaster
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21882

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Beautiful Disaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was lucky, I found a some in a different case, from before. It won't last until my next fill but it's good enough, I just wanted to let you all know, thanks for the support and suggestions. [Smile]

If this is a diff name - it's because I got advice from someone on here about self treating and how if I use my name or the name everyone calls me (the one that I used to make this post and others about self treating) if a certain person found out about it (umm, the person I'm going through a divorce with) it could be used against me like being mentally unstable but I could also fight him in court for leaving me in a situation that I have to do this to try to get better to function. It would look just as bad on his part. This post really doesn't belong here, but if it comes up as a different name, that's why. Trying to stay more incognito.

Anyway, I found some...and the thread was closed and moved, I just was little hurt because I felt like a mod thought I was asking for help like to have someone send me something....until a refill, which I wasn't. I was just trying to find a way to safely do this as I didn't have any at the time. Situation resolved for now.

Thanks. [Smile]

--------------------
---Beautiful Disaster---
IgeneX WB: IgM: 18+, 31+, 41+, 58+, IgG: 31++, 39 IND, 41++, 31kda Epitope Test: Positive
Labcorp: IgM: 23+, 41+
No LLMD due to money since Sept 2008. Was on Doxy, I.V. Rocephin (30 days), Flagyl. Also dx with Bartonella.

Posts: 139 | From United States, East Coast-ish | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement