LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Closing Discussions IMO is B_

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Closing Discussions IMO is B_
massman
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post 
Thyroid + lyme seem very clearly related.

To move the thread from medical makes no sense to me.

Then to close a thread discussing why the first thread was moved makes even less sense to me.

It apparently is "what the owners want."
It reminds me of The Wizard of Oz. The guy behind the curtain.

The owners have what experience with lyme ?
Having it ?
Treating it ?
Treating how many others with it or with similar / related conditions ?

I am aware of where I post things + WHY I post them there. Perhaps the poster should be talked with BEFORE the post is moved. Without notice is crude + IMO disrespectful.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why fight it, lets look at general first until no one looks at medical.

I totally believe we should work harder on a cheaper lyme solution then spending money on activism. I believe we are moving closer to that time, and a time where we can solve lyme without ABX. Without the IDSA and without pharmaceuticals. Whether it is in general or medical does it really matter?

Lets all post in general first!!! then there is no controversy or bad feelings.

Just a thought...

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The owners have everything do with Lyme. Their daughter had it. She has recovered.

I wish the post had been left in Medical so "can't" could get the help she needed.

Someone mentioned to me that it is going to be VERY HARD to SEARCH for medical information now!! You will have to search on both forums. What a pain!!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
lymie in md - that would be an excellent solution to post in general support first, but many do not even know general support exists.

I have been around for a few years and rarely made it over to general.

now I fear posting at all... on here.. fear of banning will do that to ya. I already know i cannot mention thyroid (was warned)

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cantgiveupyet
Member # 8165

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cantgiveupyet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good point lymetoo and didnt the webmaster say that the search drains the server? So now it will lag it even more with everyone searching both forums.

I give up!!! yes cantgiveupyet HAS given up...you read it here!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Lymetoo:
The owners have everything do with Lyme. Their daughter had it. She has recovered.

I wish the post had been left in Medical so "can't" could get the help she needed.

Someone mentioned to me that it is going to be VERY HARD to SEARCH for medical information now!! You will have to search on both forums. What a pain!!!!

--------------------
"Say it straight simple and with a smile."

"Thus the task is, not so much to see what no one has seen yet,
But to think what nobody has thought yet, About what everybody sees."

-Schopenhauer

pos babs, bart, igenex WB igm/igg

Posts: 3156 | From Lyme limbo | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymie_in_md
Member # 14197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymie_in_md     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
cant -- if people start the process it will change, and people will start posting in general. I suspect after being in data processing for a long time, the medical side is probably getting top heavy. I think moving posts is trying to balance the load somehow. Its just a guess, because if they could fit everything in medical they probably have no problem with it.

So keep your chin up, I vote from now on to go to general first, hopefully we can influence other to do like wise. [Smile]

Let see where it goes after a few weeks.

--------------------
Bob

Posts: 2150 | From Maryland | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I go to every forum everyday. I get bored otherwise!!

Off Topic has been great fun lately. So check it out once in awhile.

No, cant.. you cantgiveupyet!!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I closed it because it was going downhill fast and I was going to be off the board for a couple hours. Some posts belong in General, some in Medical. I don't understand the necessity to have only one active forum. That is not the way Lymenet was set up.

And, if a post belongs in medical, it will be moved there, and I have done that, too, though not today.

This board has been set up with various forums, rules and moderators. Most people are thankful that the forum is here and that there are people here to help things run smoothly and keep the board clean from SPAM and arguing. A few make the moderator job nearly impossible. Even fewer are kind enough to thank us for the work we do.

I really don't understand all the turmoil over putting posts in their proper place. "Can't" can still be answered, the post was not deleted. It also was not the only one moved, she is just the only one who took hours of my time tonight complaining about it and reporting other posts I missed.

Also, unless your inbox is full, EVERY time I move a thread I send notification to the person who started the thread.

And to clear up a comment made in this thread, "Can't" was only "warned" about bringing up thyroid in the posts she was reporting as being in the wrong forum. Every time she reported a post, she stated that such and such a post should be moved just as her thyroid post was. I told her to stop mentioning her thyroid post as she was reporting all these threads or I would ignore her reports.

I also told her that I was not afraid to ban her if this didn't let up.

Threads like this are really a slap in the face to the moderators. We give hours to this board to try to make it a good place for people with Lyme to visit. But if this thread is what you want the board to look like, so be it.

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And regarding the Valentine's thread, lighten up. It will be gone Monday and it's not the only forum he's posted it in. I know it's not medical, but it's temporary, just as Lymetoo's notices about birthdays. I'm not removing it or moving it. I think it's sweet.

Probably a dozen threads were moved. One person privately asked me why and we had a nice, civil discussion. One person took it public and is trying to make the board owners and moderators look bad. The others all took it for what it was, no big deal.

--------------------

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Lee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oops. Valentine thread was just moved to General. I did not see this post before I moved it. But I think since you moved my posts, I am moving that one. Now we are even. AL
Posts: 127 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna Lee
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22992

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anna Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And I am closing this post just because I can and because I think I am already in trouble. AL
Posts: 127 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Haha, Anna Lee, no problem. [Smile]

--------------------

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement