LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Tick removal tools.... which is best?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tick removal tools.... which is best?
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't have any tweezers or removal tools... please check this link and tell me if it is the most recommended one?

Is the tick twister safe? ( the green one .. not in the link below )

http://www.tickinfo.com/protickremedy.htm

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Tutu,

I got an embedded little buggar (tick) off me the other day by swabbing him down with Lemongrass Oil on a cottonball - within a few minutes he backing out and easy to remove with the cottonball! Found the oil on line recently... [Big Grin]

Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TnFlowerChild:
[QB] Hey Tutu,

I got an embedded little buggar (tick) off me the other day by swabbing him down with Lemongrass Oil on a cottonball - within a few minutes he backing out and easy to remove with the cottonball! Found the oil on line recently... [Big Grin]

I hate to break the news to you, but that is the worst way to get them out. Anything you put on them (or even heat applied) will make them regurgitate the ingredients of their guts... which contain spirochetes and many other bacteria and viruses.

Glad we had this discussion!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TnFlowerChild
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TnFlowerChild     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh poop! [puke]

I won't do that anymore!!! Usually they are where I couldn't tweezer them if I tried (on my back, etc!) - and can't wait till I get to my fella... I don't like these little buggars!!!

Thanks, Tutu!

Posts: 238 | From Jackson, TN | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You're welcome!

Now .. does anyone have an answer for me??

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Please?

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

carly
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what's wrong with tweezers?
Posts: 797 | From New York | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MurphyNC
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15275

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MurphyNC     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just went to screening of Under Our Skin and they were selling the "Tick Twister" for like $4. I've heard that is the best way to remove them from humans and animals. I got one, hope I never have to use it.
http://www.ticktwister.com/index.html

Posts: 108 | From Raleigh, NC | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
forget who gave it to me ,,,but think it came from our local support group.

package came compliments of Igenex Inc.,,,which cant be all bad.

Has a little magnifying glass and a little tempered steel tool called an 'easy grip.'

sorry havent HAD to take it out and use it yet.

even has a tick ID card in it. Says to keep it on your key ring.

it says more info at
www.tickinfo.com
dont know whether info for ticks or the tool.

says lifetime guarantee and made in America patent#5,447,511

see if any of that info helps you,,,me being --just don--

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Don... that's the one I'm asking about. I heard it was the best... but want to know before I buy it and recommend it to a friend who was asking.

I thought someone said the tick twister, however, was not good... I saw a video on how it worked and didn't see why it wouldn't be OK.

I just don't want that tick regurgitating into my body!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by carly:
what's wrong with tweezers? [/QB]

Most tweezers will end up clutching at the tick's body.. you want to grab the head if you're using regular tweezers.

The one in the link I gave is different and should not disturb the tick. Take a look.

This was stated on the link:

"The overall conclusion was that tweezers should never be used for the removal of ticks."

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement