LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

This topic has been moved to Medical Questions.     next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » size of bulls eye is irrelevant, right?

Author Topic: size of bulls eye is irrelevant, right?
Marz
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend had a very small bulle eye rash a month ago. Her MD gave her 100 mg doxy once a day for one week.

She thinks because it was small, it probably wasn't lyme. (it had the ring around a red center and I think she said it was only about the size of a fifty cent piece)

I told her I thought size wasn't important--a bulls-eye is a bulls-eye. Isn't this true?

She's seeing him again for routine thyroid test and said she's going to ask to be tested again. Of course her first test was negative and I explained if this one is too it means nothing.

I told her a test is not necessary and the MD was not following CDC guidelines for treating when bulls-eye is present.

She's had pain behind her eyes which worries me. But she is doing too much at work so could just be tired.

I didn't have bulls eye, just a solid smallish red spot so can't speak from experience.

She knows what I've gone through because I was treated way too late, yet wasn't proactive at the beginning like I advised.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keebler
Honored Contributor (25K+ posts)
Member # 12673

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keebler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
-
Q: size of bulls eye is irrelevant, right?

Correct. A half-dollar is not so small, really. A tiny bullet hole can take down a very tall and strong person. Same with a tick bite.

Also correct: a test is not necessary. No point of her even going back to that MD. She needs to find a real LLMD. In some states, though, as that would be impossible. I do hope she lives in a state where she can get to an ILADS-educated LLMD or an ILADS-educated LL ND (naturopathic doctor).

And she will need to educate herself if she wants to live. Seriously. Good luck with her accepting the information you are so kind to share.
-

Posts: 48021 | From Tree House | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am with Keebler... My rash was small too and boy the punch...

I had the pain behind my eyes you are describing and it was awful.

I think it is great you are going to be straight with her.... sometimes that is what we need. If it hadn't been for a friend of mine saying - there is something really wrong with you-- I don't know that I would have gone to the doc as soon.

You are a good friend. And back to Keebler.... Education I have learned equates to beating this disease. I think it is a rare person that lives well with Chronic Lyme that is not up to speed on current information. I cannot imagine not having this board to guide me and the amazing people that have done amazing things to get me to where I am being treated properly and now finally, healing.

Keep after your friend... she will thank you... [Smile]

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
moving to Medical Questions...

( I think you got your answer, though!!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement