LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 9/6 - 9/12/10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 9/6 - 9/12/10
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dear God Thought Friends, Hugs and blessings to you!!

I guess my spirit woke up this morning before my mind and my body did. (Does our spirit even sleep? Hmmmm.) How else can I explain this? I was actually singing a song and it woke me up. Can you imagine? My spirit-alarm went off before my alarm clock. [lol] I've had that experience a few times. It's strange...but I kinda like it...a lot! How cool is that. Hallelooooo!!

Below is the song I was singing. It has been years since I thought of this song. It's so beautiful.

"When I Look Into Your Holiness"

When I look into Your holiness.
When I gaze into Your loveliness.
When all things that surround become shadows
In the light of You.

When I've found the joy of reaching Your heart.
When my will becomes enthroned in Your love.
When all things that surround become shadows
In the light of You.

I worship You. I worship You
The reason I live is to worship You.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fplWNogcZLk

He gives us our very breath, and everything else, the reason we live...should be to worship Him. He alone IS worthy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
daisy,

Welcome back my dear faithful friend!!! [woohoo]

I missed you, but I was sooo happy that you were having good times with your famiily!

Can't wait to hear all about your visit.

Wow, singing a song and it woke you up!! [lol]

I never had that happen. That IS a very beautiful song! Thanks for posting it.

My son seems to be doing well after going back to work in Iraq. He said it is good to be back in the groove of things.

You say "...the reason we live...should be to worship Him.." [bow] Yay!! God you are sooo good!

I look forward to reading what you post later today about your visit with your dear family.

17hens,

Wow, God worked fast when we prayed for you!!

I am so happy and relieved to hear that you had a glimmer out of "the pit".

I will keep praying for you and as daisy has said before "Jesus is the great physician."

Let us know how you are doing.
[group hug]

Amelia,

Thank you for sharing with us your struggles and joys.

That must have been so scary when your throat felt like it was closing up. [group hug]

What a breath of fresh air it was to hear that the ER personel was awesome!

Your step-mom sounds so caring too. God does provide.

Despite that scary event, you are so faithful to God and say that "He turns everything for good"....oh, yes!!! [woohoo]

I am so happy to hear that you had your best day in 2 years!! [woohoo]

May each day become even better for you than the day before!

MDW,

Good morning my God friend!!

Hope you are doing well today!

Today I am looking forward to having my 80 yr old friend over for lunch. She is a very devout Christian and I enjoy her company.

She has only a nephew left in her family. He lives with her but does not help her or really even speak to her much.

She gets very lonely. Please say a prayer for Irene. She has little money and hardly ever leaves home except to go to church.

She has been a good friend to me. I met her about 15 years ago, when I took care of her older sister when I was a visiting nurse.

God has a way of bringing people together.

Thank you all for being my faithful friends!

Jesus is the ultimate faithful One...what He did for us is almost hard to fathom...

John 15:13 (NIV)
"Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome Home Daisy [Smile] We are glad you are back. God is so good... I think it is so neat that you were awakened in song... How beautiful. I was listening to Charles Stanley this am and he was saying that our goal is to become one with the Father... and to me... that is what was happening to you... You live it... every moment...Is there anything more beautiful than that... And yes, everything becomes a shadow in his presence.

You all are the best! It is so nice having a place to come to -- to share this journey in a positive way when so many on the outside just don't understand. You all have encouraged me so. [kiss]

Dekerator-- so glad to hear your son is enjoying getting back into the groove. That is sweet about your friend Irene and having lunch with her... I imagine she is a dear, dear friend after 15 years. I am so sorry to hear that her nephew is so uncaring. Gosh, family is so important. She is fortunate to have you as God's family. I am too! Thank you for all of your support... God is so good and sometimes it truly is the light of others that is able to renew your own... YOU all did that for me. THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart...

[group hug]
You know, I knew I was herxing yesterday, am herxing a lot again today... And I KNOW he is HEALING me... to my core. I had God time yesterday morning and I have never been so convicted of anything in my life.... And today-- no pain again. THANK GOD.... He is SO good...
[bow]

Thank you all for being Angels in my life... [Smile]

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just a quick note to say thank you faithful friends and a big, big thank you to Jesus Christ for loving us enough to listen to our prayers and bring them before the throne of God!

I felt better today than I have in 2 months! More like myself, with feeling and hope! Praise God!

But now I'm tired and will retire - hope to be here tomorrow, at least to read and keep praying for you (all) too!

[group hug]

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you dear 17Hens. I am so thankful that you are feeling better... what a PRAISE REPORT!

[woohoo]

Wanted to check in too before I retire. You all are angels on this earth... may you all have peaceful dreams-- envisioning your wellness that God is working on right this moment...

[kiss]

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Amelia,

Thank you for your kind words....and you are a real shining light here!!

You are helping to renew the light of Jesus Christ in me daily.

I have alot of family struggles going on. I am trying my best to accept it and know that God is working for good in all things, and I just don't know His plan.

You encourage me every day. [kiss]

17hens,

Woohoo!!!!!!! You're best day in 2 months!!

Yes, praise God!! He is so good!

It is so good to hear that you have feeling and hope! [woohoo]

You are important to us and an encouragement.

Thank you for your prayers for us...will keep praying for you too!
[kiss]

I had a wonderful afternoon yesterday with my friend Irene.

Several years ago I felt God telling me that I was not doing enough for her....I was not being a very good friend to someone in need.

I listened to God and became a better friend. As it turns out, she has been the biggest blessing to me.

Irene is the person that I can talk to, in person, about my faith (versus online).

She is so full of wisdom. God knew what He was doing. She has helped me, when I thought I was just supposed to help her.

I didn't understand God's plan, but now I can see it more clearly. [bow]

Hope all our God Thought friends have a great day full of God's love!

Psalm 28:7 (NIV)

"The LORD is my strength and my shield;
my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy
and I will give thanks to him in song."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGMOKBki56k&feature=related

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Morning...another day to serve Him and others.

Last night before I hit the hay, I posted on last week's "God Thought"...and what a blessing it was to re-read your posts and then share a comment or two or three or many. [Big Grin]

Our vacation was great. I played really hard and had lots of fun...which does this body VERY good (although my body didn't know that until we were home for a full day)...fun also does this mind and this spirit good too...Ar, ar, ar, ar, ar, [lol]

We arrived last Friday and ended up at a beautiful Florida beach. It was great chasing after my granddaughters, playing in the sand, splashing and getting wet (that water sure was nice and warm..yahoo!) and WOW God could not have planned a more beautiful sunset!!!

It was so great to hang out Saturday with our family..also we did catch up on some OU football...OUr team did win...I'm sure they'll look more impressive next time.

Sunday we joined the family for church. Great service. It was a joy to see and hear my daughter-in-love sing, she is in the worship team at church...she has a beautiful voice. Went to Sunday dinner at some friends house, played games...

Monday was Epcot...ALL DAY closing with the fireworks.

I got lots of great pictures of Papa and Grandma with our granddaughters and family and everything else that caught my eye.

Tuesday we flew back home.

This is part 1 or part 2 or part 3...l a t e r....

Blessings to all have a wonderful day!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

daisy,

I went back and read your comments on last week's God Thought.

You are full of wisdom and encouragement, as usual! [kiss]

It was also very nice of you to repost the week's shared scriptures....somehow it was more powerful to read them all together.

It was so great to hear about the fun times you had with your family...beautiful beach, chasing your dear granddaughters, hanging out with family, football, church, your d-i-l's great singing, dinner with friends, games, Epcot, lots of pictures...

Wow!! You really did make the most of your time together! Fantastic!!

Memories like that can sustain you until your next visit.

God has surely blessed you!....and us!

Hope you also have a blessed day!!

[group hug]

--------------------

Joyful
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Joyful   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love reading this thread.
I am convinced that the Lord got me through my darkest days, but sometimes I still forget to spend my breath praising Him. Thank you for the reminder!

--------------------
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made...
Psalm 139:14
http://confessionsofalymie.wordpress.com/

Posts: 113 | From down South | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jo1
Member # 27570

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jo1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am new to Lymenet, and I have been feeling depressd reading about all the awful cases and symptoms.

But now, I turn to this thread, and it is uplifting to me. I want to thank all of you for reminding me that my relationship with God is what will get me through this.

I have been getting depressed, and then, feeling guilty for getting depressed because I have been given so many blessings. I am grateful for all that He has given and provided, especially letting me know Him.

Posts: 12 | From Maryland | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
jo1,

Depression is one of the long reaching arms of the monster that is lyme.

Please do not feel guilty for feeling depressed. Try to ride it out and know that it is the illness.

I believe guilt is one of Satan's strongest tools to use against us. Speaking from experience...

Welcome! We're glad you're on this thread too!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TS96
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14048

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TS96     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome jo1

You are not alone. We have all been there and I continue to struggle at times, praying to God, "when is this going to end" but as you said we have been given so many blessings.

And reguardless of what may come we sit right in the palm of God's hand and that's the safest place to be.

I have so much to to be thankful for Lord, don't let me forget that. Amen

--------------------
Bart Henslea 1976
Fibro/CFS/arthritis 2004
Lyme diagnosed 2007
3 1/2 years treatment with oral combos, Cowden, IV roc. BW herbs. Off all abx in 12/10. Feeling good.

Posts: 647 | From NY | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi to all my God friends,

jo1.... Welcome to this warm, soothing, and serene atmosphere in Daisy's God Thought home.

Sometimes I can get wrapped up with daily living; Dr. appts., bills piling up, what pills do I take when, what am I going to cook, the children, lyme disease, the list goes on.
Our minds can spend hours literally on these things in life.

We tend to focus on obligations and illness that are out of our control. we do not know how God will help, but we can be thankful that He will help and He is in control. Knowing this...we can find harmony in our soul.
You know what?.... If we search... the best place to be is right in front of us.
Please keep coming back. We are here for you.

Joyful...I to agree; God brought me out of my dark.
Even if we are standing in a post office line, driving in our car...we could think of prayer and praise as an awareness of God all around us and acknowledge His presence. We might become more visual with His beauty. [Smile]
Good to see you here.

Dekrator, Amelia, 17hens and Daisy.... I will be back later, need to rest my eyes a bit.

Diane

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi Joyful,

Always great to see you here!

jo1,

Welcome!!! You have found a very comforting place to be!

We all have struggles and blessings. It can be so easy to get caught up only in the struggles....believe me, I know.

We are here to uplift each other...and to praise God and be reminded daily of all He has done for us.

You are right...your relationship with God will get you through this.

God works all things for good...we just don't always know what His plan is.

He is so good and full of love for us!

We can do all things through Him!!

Come back often and we will support you.

Most importantly, God will always support you and sustain you.

I am so happy that you came here today and found comfort.

God loves you and so do we!!

[kiss]

17hens,

God sure has been shining His light on you in the last couple days!!

You are a real blessing!!!!!!!!!!

[group hug]

TS96,

Hi, so good to see you here!!!!

Aww, yes...the palm of God's hand is the safest place to be.....amen to that!!!

I want to be there every minute of every day.

Yep, we all wonder when is this going to end.

I guess I will have to trust God that He is leading me in the right direction, and He knows His plans for me.

[group hug]

MDW,

As daisy said, you always know how to say things in everyday language that we can relate to.

That is a gift, dear friend.

God must have REALLY BIG plans for you. [Big Grin] [Wink]

Hope your eyes are resting.. [sleepy] lol

See you back here later.

[group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dekrator.....I rested my eyes; thank you. I am sorry that I missed praying for your friend Irene. I will tonight. Thank you for informing us of your sons safe return back to serving our country. I will continue to keep him in my prayers. I enjoyed listening to "You Are My Strength"...You are my hope, hope not like no other reaches to me...wow. Unfailing love...how awesome.

Amelia... I will share my bucket anytime. Thanks for the sweet words. Praying that you had another pain free day.

17hens...!!! How wonderful that God helped you out of the pit!!! Praying that each day is healthier than the day before.

Daisy, daisy [Smile] nope...can't say a song woke me...but I can say when I woke up I was singing a song. smile.
I just broke a commandment; I am so jealous of your ocean view and sunset. When I read what you wrote; I was able to view the fun in my mind.
You know....we all did share some verses. It was fulfilling to my soul to re-read them tonight.
Thank you.

Well, time for me to rest my eyes again, have a peaceful evening.

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning,

This week zoomed by so quickly, can't believe it's Friday. It's so wonderful that just about every morning when I awake to get the grandsons off to school, it's still dark outside. When they leave to catch the bus...I sit outside and watch the sun come up; listen to the birds sing, see the squirrels and chimpmunks scampering around... hoping for the birds to thrash food on the ground for them... all this while I drink my cup of coffee.
So amazing...can't help but praise the new day.

Everyone have a great day.
Diane

--------------------

Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Hi my dear God Friends: I am on my way to a school this am. Praise God!

It has been a busy week... It is so nice to see new faces here... God will make a way... He is the key to Healing... Faith is the Key to healing... It will be done to you as you believe... I rest in peace on that... And I too have been in the black hole. Come here, we are here... God is always within you... His holy spirit- do not forget that... Through Him we can do ALL Things!

I had to share this as it reminds me of you all and how you have been my keeper... Thank you all from the bottom of my heart...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bau1ItGgYjI

[group hug]

Wishing you all a wonderful day... I am praying for you and will catch up full this evening... xoxo

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Thank you for praying for my friend, Irene, and my son, Andrew. [kiss]

I can picture you enjoying your coffee in the morning while relishing the sights and sounds of nature. Amazing is right!

Amelia,

I hope you are having a great day at school.

I appreciate you being here and all that you contribute.

I loved the song you posted...very inspirational!

You really know how to lift others up and encourage them...so thank YOU!! [woohoo]

God Thought Friends,

This scripture was in one of the frames of the accompanying pictures from the song Amelia posted today...

1 Thessalonians 5:11 (NIV)
"Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing"

I AM so encouraged by all of YOU...thank you.

Enjoy this day that the Lord has made.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you Lord for all those who serve to help and protect us abroad and here at home.

May we never forget all those who lost their lives on that tragic day, 09.11.01

May they rest in the eternal joy of Heaven, and may their familes and friends have peace and understanding through Jesus Christ.

My friend, Irene, gave me a prayer card with this prayer for servicemembers, "Protect those who serve, O Lord."...

All Powerful God,
watch over all our dear ones
who serve this day in the military.
Hold them safely in the palm
of your hand. Walk with them
in your srtength. Bring comfort
when they are troubled;
hope when they are weary.
Remind them of our love.

Merciful Lord,
bring a lasting peace into our
midst. Heal our hearts and help all
nations find ways to live in
harmony so that
blood is shed no more.

We ask this in the name of Christ
Jesus, Prince of Peace. Amen.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator,

your friend Irene gave you a beautiful prayer.
I enjoyed reading it.
Guess what? [Smile] you talking about your friend Irene brought back a child memory for me...Irene is the name of one of my grandmothers, but....
not the one I am going to share with you.

My Grandma Ruby....I think I have shared her before with God friends; anyway, she was a christian lady and when I would visit her in my child days...she taught me something; maybe you might remember.....

Remember the church: with my hands grandma would
take them and have me lock my fingers together,
fold my hands down to my palms with thumbs together...then she would say to me
"Here is the church, here is the steeple (with both index fingers up) open the door (thumbs) and here are all the people."
Thanks Dekrator for helping me remember a warm memory.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Aww, yes, I remember doing that also....good childhood memories! Thank you for sharing that with me!!

We are headed out for dinner now.

Have a great evening, God Thought friends!!

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Hi Dear God Friends: You are all so dear...

MDW I loved reading of the memory that Dekerator helped you to remember... how precious. Thanks for the bucket... By God's grace of late, I think I have finally accepted that by my faith, I will be healed and am being healed so that bucket is not getting used as much... Thank you all for being a large part of that. It is amazing what God uses to work his majesty into our lives...

Dekerator, I am praying too for your son... and all of our servicemen... and the families of 9.11 I can't imagine... I have kept your family in my prayers too... He is a miracle worker, never lose site of that... Thank you for your encouragement always. Irene is very blessed to have you and you her. Were you a nurse? That is what I gleaned from an old post.

Daisy, I hope you had a wonderful day as well... Thank you for your divine wisdom and always brightening each one of our days... with your beautiful spirit!

Jo1 -- God does hold you in the palm of his hand. Continue to come here. I truly believe that the renewal of our minds is what keeps our minds positive and on God's will for our lives... Healing... I understand where you are coming from and I was so there a few weeks back... God worked a mighty work in me-- I now am standing firm in my belief that I am being healed every moment of every day. I have accepted it on faith... My mind doesn't have to understand. Joy does come in the morning... We are here and will do anything we can to support you... God loves you so very much...

Tu Tu- I hope you are well too...

17 Hens... May God's light continue to shine through the darkness... We are here through it all. You all certainly have seen me through my DARKEST days.... I am ETERNALLY grateful honestly to you all...

Here are some healing scriptures that I found via Joyce Meyer:

http://www.joycemeyer.org/ourministries/everydayanswers/featuredhandouts/healingscriptures.htm?print=true

One last blessing... that I would like to share...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyJuKHvoPGc&feature=related
[group hug]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator, So glad to hear the good report about Andrew! Strength and peace to you and all your family. What you shared, "May each day become even better for you than the day before!"...I am picturing that in my mind. AMEN! Attitude makes a huge difference. Your reminder of God being "so good and full of love for us!" is always worth repeating/remembering.

About "memories", Dekrator, it is so amazing that God would give us a mind that has the ability to remember the past (off subject: and dream about the future)...and we have the option to count our memory blessings, also to help us see Romans 8:28 (20/20 hindsight) at work..."Memory" blessings, get it??? "Many" blessings! [lol]

I hadn't heard that song you posted (Hillsong), "You are my strength". Beautiful words...they are true in my life:

"You are my strength...like no other
You are my hope...like no other
Unfailing love...
You lift me up...
Your love reaches to the heaven..."
That calls for a [woohoo]

Joyful, you and me both...I too enjoyed reading this thread...what a blessing! Glad you're a part of "God Thought".

Jo1, Welcome to "God Thought". So sorry what you have been going through, feeling depressed and then feeling guilty about feeling depressed. That's a drag.

Something that helps me when I feel guilty (whether it is warranted guilt or false guilt), after I ask Jesus to forgive me, I thank Him. Then if the "guilt issue" comes up again, I praise Him for forgiving me and thank Him for removing the guilt and my sin as far as the east is from the west, etc. There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ. It lifts me up to know the truth in my heart.

TS96, I loved your word picture (during times of struggle specifically) to realize we are "sitting right in the palm of God's hand and that's the safest place to be". I 'magine that'sa mighty BIG hand too! I love words, and word pictures, as I tend to be a visual person...I am going to remember that one!!

17hens, I appreciate your "realness"... your "openness"... and always look forward to what you share..."gems!"

MDW, Your comments to everyone are so thoughtful and beautiful. I found myself saying, "Amen, I agree, and thank You, God!" Your definition of "prayer and praise as awareness of God all around us"...like 24/7...oh, yeah, got me thinking!

I remember some "God Thought" thread a few weeks ago you mentioned "worship". Well, last Sunday, we visited our son's church in Florida, the pastor shared about "worship"...it got my imagination going. I started thinking about the different ways that people worshiped God from Genesis to Revelation. God's people expressed worship to Him in so many, many, many different ways I lost track (going to have to start a journal on that).

Diane, pray your eyes get some good rest tonight. And waking up and singing a song...that's always good...especially when I beat the birds...second thought...there is something wrong with that picture...me waking up and singing before the birds? [Big Grin] That is just too early...LOL...must be the sun is just rising later. [bonk]

OK, Diane, so I read the next thing you write and think...I have a "sister-spirit" as I read "sit outside and watch the sun come up; listen to the birds sing, see the squirrels...all this while I drink my cup of coffee. So amazing...can't help but praise the new day." OK, have you been reading my journal? LOL

Amelia, Oh, WOW, me...one with the Father...that is my heart's desire...may it be so more and more walking in His love...reminds me of Acts 17:28, "For in Him we live and move and have our being."

And it IS soooo good to see the new faces here...I agree! The more the merrier!

So I click your link to see where it leads...hallelooooooo, "Hold Us Together" by Matt Maher. I heard that song while driving in my car today and, well, if you saw someone dancing while sitting and driving...that was me. [spinning smile] I'm listening to it again now...hold a sec...I am going to take a break to dance right now! I'll be right back when the song is over. OK, I'm back. That was sure fun!!! (I really did that, you could ask my husband.)

Friends, On "God Thought" we do "keep it real"...that is something I so appreciate about this thread (And I think I'm getting "real" tired as I'm getting more silly than usual.) And then we share with each other the God thoughts He brings to our minds and hearts.

I, for one, am blessed and encouraged, even challenged, by your posts shared...and it's always so timely. Our God is so very good and so faithful...isn't it amazing He uses His creation (ie: human beings) to reach out and touch others?! What a privilege to be His and to be His servant!

"Hold us Together" posted earlier by Amelia...Thank you friend! I've posted the words to the chorus and bridge below...so here goes...and BTW HIS love really WILL hold us together!!!!

CHORUS:
Love, will, hold us together
Make us a shelter
to weather the storm

And I'll, be, my brothers keeper
So the whole world will know
That we're not alone

BRIDGE:
This is the first, day of the rest of your life
This is the first, day of the rest of your life
'Cause even in the dark you can still see the light
It's gonna be alright, s'gonna be alright

Good night "God Thought" friends...pray you sleep well and when you wake in the morning remember....

"Today is the first day of the rest of your blessed life!"
Rhonda

PS: I know you'll believe this, but I still have a few more comments I want to share...will do so (Lord willing) tomorrow. [sleepy]

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning,

Daisy, I so enjoy reading what you say to all of us. Never want the voice in your words to end. I scroll real slow down the page and then; there it is....to be continued.
No, I am not reading your journal [lol] but would love for you to share with me.

Guess what? (my favorite line) my daughter and son-in law moved out yesterday....Now I am doing a dance. Quiet...yes, yes, yes...yeah!
well, much to do today....be back later and re-read what you wrote...absorb it all.

Good day
Diane

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Just wanted to bebop in to say good morning. It's a work day for me so will start soon. Have a blessed weekend as you live, laugh, love, and enJOY life. Our God is so good and He does reign.

Amelia, I printed out all of the healing scriptures from your Joyce Meyer link (like about 20 pages...that's some homework for me)...Thanks. Sweet song you shared, "Sweetly Broken"..."To the cross I look and cling...I'm lost in love and wholly surrendered" what a beautiful place to be...a place of fully trusting Him! AMEN!

Dekrator, So glad you shared about Irene, you are a dear friend. I've also printed out the servicemembers prayer. There's those words again, "Hold them safely in the palm of Your hand".

Isn't it great how our Lord holds us right there in His palm! Thank You, Jesus!

MDW, As I child I, too, learned "Here's the church" with the hand motions. I can't remember where I learned it...perhaps at a VBS (Vacation Bible School). You reminded me, I had the honor of teaching my grandchildren that.

Anyway...I like to give themed parties/celebrations (whether it's birthdays or whatever--not that I always do) when my granddaughter turned two THAT was the theme as she thrilled to say and use the hand motions for "Here's the church"...poem...and she want us to do it again, and again, and again. And she would giggle so at "see all the people!!!"

Have you seen these? (Links didn't work...I redid them...hopefully they work now.)

I bought the ceramic for my granddaughter (not a toy) and her birthday card had that picture. Found them both at the Christian book store. So cute!!! The little girl even looks like my Bella (curly haired, blond).

http://www.freespiritart.com/church-kathryn-fincher.php

and the other one

http://www.woodlandsclocks.com/mama-says/Here-is-the-church1.jpg

Have a blessed day!!!

[ 09-11-2010, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: daisyrlb ]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Today is 9/11...

"If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land" (2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV).

MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy, links will not come up.
Just got back from bowling with the boys. Now I need to go to a baby shower. Be back later and finish reading.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Thanks, MDW, I redid the links.

Bowling that sounds like fun. I took a short break from work, got me a fresh cup of coffee, now back to my To Do List.

Baby shower...Children are a gift from the Lord!

Hey, child of God...that means you/me too!!!!
[woohoo]

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi God Thought Friends!

Amelia,

Thank you for your continued prayers for my son and my family. I so appreciate that. You are a faithful friend and prayer is such a powerful thing.

Yes, I am a nurse. Became an RN in 1984. My daughter was 4 yrs old when I graduated.

I used to work full time. Now I just work "as needed"....which isn't very often...works for me...Big smile

Thank you for posting the wonderful scriptures and song...I will go back when I get time and read and listen more.

You are such a blessing here!!!

daisy,

Thank you for your wishes of strength and peace for my family.

You are so right about how amazing it is that God gave us the ability to remember the past and dream about the future....our memory blessings!

You have a fantastic way of putting things like that into words. I always look forward to seeing what your beautiful mind has to share.

And yes, that does seem to keep coming us..."God holds us in the palm of His hand."...we are so fortunate to be there always.

Thanks for sharing those links.....so cute!!!!

I loved the scripture you posted from 2Chronicles today for the anniversary of the 9/11 attacks.....it is so fitting....thank you.

MDW,

Enjoy the dance as you relish some new quiet time in your house. You deserve it!

I always enjoy reading about what is happening in your life!

Hi Lymetoo...Hi 17hens....Hi jo1....Hi Joyful....Hi TS96....Hi all God Thought Friends!!

Here's a song I heard in church:

"Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU8MAQKSbEI&feature=related

You are all a blessing to me!

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Okay....I am back.
Daisy I opened the links. I want one. That is adorable. Sounds like we share a memory. It will be so awesome for your grand-daughter to look back on a memory as this which she shared with grandma.
Did someone say coffee? mmm. I actually have one right now. I posted this morning about the same time you did. 8am/7am for you. able to finish my reading.

Can I please share again? I only have my friends here to share my new life with....
I went to the Christian book store. I am sooo excited I can hardly contain myself!
I bought two books;
1. I Saw The Lord..Anne Graham Lotz (A wake up call for your heart)
2. Captured by Grace..David Jeremiah
3. My very first christian cd

When Zach and I came out of the store he looked into the sky and he says; "Look! an angel is staring at us." I did look...sure enough the cloud looked just like angel. Then at the same time we saw the bridge. No lie! The clouds were shaped like a bridge that you could walk on and get to the other side. For real!!!

We made it back home before the storm hit us.
I put my books in the house and guess what? It began to rain. I stepped out into the rain...I didn't care that my hair would be wet. I let the rain pour down on me and smiling the whole time.
I think my family feels I have really lost it (mind) this time. I didn't...really...I found it.

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator,
I was posting at the same time you were here.
I poke on the key board remember [Smile] What should take 5 minutes takes me... oh, about 30 minutes.
You say you like reading about whats happening in my life [lol] Never a dull minute here! I have a functioning disfunctional life. Yes I am so happy my daughter moved. Between the two girls
living here back to back....it's been one month shy of a year. Now back to the four of us again.

My revolving door is closed for repair...indefinitely!

PS...Daisy I will need to go back and take a look at "Worship" from a couple weeks ago. Get back with you on this one. you know I will most likely have guestions now that you mention Genesis to Revelation [Smile]

ps...Dekrator I just listened to your song; very pretty. We have a choir at church, but I have a difficult time understanding them...I mean there voices are beautiful but when the music plays, it drowns out the choir voices. By the time I find the song in the book they are finished singing. thank you for sharing

[ 09-11-2010, 07:46 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yipppee, Diane!! A Christian CD!! What a blessing!! The books sound great!! I went to a Christian book store Friday and bought an atlas of the Bible Lands. I needed some maps because my Bible doesn't have any.

I don't have a study Bible. I'm thinking about buying a new Bible, but can't decide what I want. I may just buy one with large print. Let's face it, this gal is not getting any younger!! [Wink]

I also saw an NIV Bible with "The Message" alongside. That would be awesome for understanding the narratives in the Old Testament! But... we just went thru the Old Testament in last year's study and now we're in the New. So I don't really NEED that one.

Then there's a Life Application Bible.. nice...very nice and would be great too.

--------

We went to a great mission dinner tonight at the college where my husband teaches part time. Wow.. This is the second year we've gone. This time was just amazing and brought me to tears.

The mission there is helping those in Cameroon, Africa to learn to be self-sufficient. To learn how to pray and rely on God. To meet and solve problems. To reach out and GIVE sacrificially.

The head of the Torchbearer Foundation is a professor at the college. He gave such an inspiring speech tonight! He is a native of Cameroon.

Go here to see!!

http://www.thetorchbearer.org/index.html

I hope you are able to read some of the postings and information there. It's a little hard to read for some of us, I'm sure. Check out the pictures!!

Pray for them and for the foundation. Thanks for listening!!!

Miss you guys.. I get so busy helping on here, that sometimes I don't drop by like I should!!

[group hug] love [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy... mail box is full

--------------------

Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Hey All [Smile] Dear God Friends! This is the day the Lord has made and we should rejoice and be glad in it!

AMEN! [woohoo]

My sister and I had a heart to heart last night and that needed to happen. I do not think that she has understood Lyme at all and it really was getting the better of me-- for example she said I didn't need the Epi pin etc. Well, I had a talk with her last night and I think we cleared the air... That is a beautiful thing. Sometimes you have to stand up for yourself and I felt God with me while I was doing it... It is so great having this place to come to -- a positive place to share our journey. Thank you all!

Diane: That is so wonderful about your two Christian books and CD. I love Christian music as you can tell. It really is the only thing I listen to and I love it. I am so excited for you and your walk... Loved the description of your backyard... how beautiful...

Dekerator: I will continue to pray for your family... knowing God does work everything for Good. You have been such an inspirtation and support to me. That is no surprise that you are a nurse... your caring is very special. I lift you up in prayer all the time.

Daisy: You never cease to amaze me. Thank you for sharing all that you do with us! I am glad you found the scriptures helpful. They are homework for me too...

Lymetoo- That is so special with regard to the mission to Cameroon. Thank you for sharing that link... very inspirational.

To all of the dear God Friends that come here... Lifting you up today as always and hoping that you see every blessing that comes your way and that you feel surrounded... You are!

XOXO

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Hi God Thought Friends,

MDW,

I am excited that you got 2 books and a CD from the Christian bookstore....I need to do that myself.

Keep us updated as you read and listen.

You say you have a functioning dysfuntional life....I can empathize with you there [dizzy]

I used to think we were fairly normal, just usual problems.....until last winter when some severe family problems started. Ugh.

I really understand other people's pain now when it comes to stuff like this.

I'm praying that your life will be more functional than dysfunctional [Big Grin] now that there are only 4 of you at home again.

You are a blessing to me and I love your excitement for Christ.

Amelia,

Once again you encouraged me! I feel like I have known my God Thought Friends all my life, yet some have been a very short time.

We are connected by the love of Jesus Christ.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all your continuing prayers. I appreciate it more than you know.

You are an inspiration and a real blessing!!

Lymetoo,

Thank you for the mission info about Cameroon. I will check it out.

God sure works for the good in all things even thousands of miles away!!! [woohoo]

I wish I had all your Bible knowledge...along with daisy's too.

I need to start reading and studying more.

We miss you too, but we know what a vital job you are performing here at lymenet and it takes alot of your time...so thanks for that!!....and for being a blessing to all of us!

Goodnight God Thought Friends....

"I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death."
Philippians 3:10 (NIV)

--------------------

17hens
Member # 23747

God Friends,

I'm so excited!!

Please, if you have 5 minutes, go to http://www.ransomedheart.com/ and scroll to the bottom and read "craig's blog."

It's amazing!! You'll be happy you did!!!

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello to everyone.

I was Jo1, but had to reregister to Lymenet (long story), so now I am Sjo.

Thank you for your support, and comforting thoughts. Its easier for me to read then to post.

I am trying so hard to stay focused on God.

This weekend has been so difficult. My daughter came home from college for a visit.

I was so happy to see her. Yet, I have been experiencing a lot of pain and discomfort, and couldn't do what I wanted to do. ( Cook for her,etc)

I don't understand this illness. I was just diagnosed in June, and since I've been on abx, I feel worse.

I know that God is with me, and will support me. I also know that I need human comfort. And this is one of the few places that I can come to for that.

Please pray for me. I am feeling like I will never be well again. I am also afraid that I am not strong enough for the treatment.

thank you.

Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

My mailbox....just deleted some PMs. Thanks for letting me know.
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator,

That song, "Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord"is beautiful. Thanks for posting the link. It's been a while since I heard it. Really an amazing truth to consider...as we humble ourselves before the Lord, He lifts US up. That's crazy! That's like WOW

Family problems (know what you mean) can be the most...ummmm...heartbreaking, gut wrenching...taking me places I would never have chosen to go...but ultimately leading me to my knees and into His presence. I can say, so far, God has been faithful...and I know He always will be...because that's who He is, Faithful and True! May God give you peace and calm your body, mind, and spirit.

You are so right...when there is a God-connection we become forever friends and it does seem like we've known each other longer than we have...even when we haven't met face to face. That's incredible.

Have a good night's rest.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,

Great story about you and Zack. Enjoyed it. THAT is a wonderful God-Moment my friend. I love it when He shows up like that.

BTW, when Gary and I became Christians our family and friends thought we were crazy too...since then (32 years ago) one by one they are coming to Jesus too! Is that awesome or what?! Never give up hope!

You are a generous soul...always opening your home to others. And talk about disfunctional...my brother says, "If you go to the dictionary and look up the word 'disfunctional' you'll find a picture of my family"...then he goes on to say, "My God took the 'dis' out of 'disfuctional'". He became a Believer a couple of years before my hubby and I did and ended up becoming a pastor. Really...doesn't his quote sound like something a pastor would say?!

Oh, WOW, as I think about it now it is so amazing because later my hubby became a pastor, more recently my nephew (saved out of drugs, cutting, etc) is now a youth pastor...folks we all know God is good, more good than we have ever imagined...I just gotta add...God is all powerful...more ALL POWERFUL THAN WE EVER IMAGINED.

Also, now that I think about your comment...maybe you were asking about "Praise" not "Worship". I know, now you're gonna ask what's the difference? Ummm, let me think about it. [lol]

And to you...Have a good night's rest.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Lymetoo,

We all know you're so busy on Lymenet...what a blessing you are to this sight and the many threads. God give you wisdom and strength. It's always a blessing to us for you to stop in.

I enjoy bebopping around the Christian Book Stores and picking around. I read various Bible translations and have a four parallel version that is too heavy to carry around. I enjoy reading the NLT on a day to day basis but would like a NIV/NLT parallel. I cut my teeth on the KJV, then went to NKJV for a while.

I like the "freshness" the "perspective" that The Message gives.

I have the Life Application Bible...too heavy to carry around...but it's nice.

Oh, I admit, I just love God's Love Letter aka/God's Word...and I like to get to the original meanings...thank God for Google, makes my "homework" easier. [Big Grin]

Oh, I think I may be addicted to Bibles. [dizzy]

OK, when I start making comments and usig Graemlins every other line it means it is my bedtime... [lol] ...but I'm not going yet. [Big Grin]

I have not yet gone to the Torchbearer link but will. Thanks. It sounds very interesting.

http://www.thetorchbearer.org/index.html

Drop by when you can...and friend...Have a good night's rest.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Amelia,

Oh, yes, this was the day the Lord did make...and it was a great Lord's day.

So glad you and your sister had that heart to heart. That is so great!!!! That IS a beautiful thing.

I agree...I sure like coming to a positive place and your positiveness comes through and is a blessing!

Hmmm, homework, I guess this is not only "God Thought" but now we have God School too! [spinning smile]

Thanks for your beautiful prayer...God answered! [woohoo]

Have a good night's rest.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

17hens and sjo....be back with some comments to you tomorrow.

However...until then...both of you Have a good night's rest.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Amelia,

I meant to talk about the heart to heart you had with your sister.

That is wonderful!

You are right that sometimes you need to stand up for yourself.

I am proud of you for doing this.

It takes 2 cooperative people to have a heart to heart, so it is wonderful that your sister was open to it.

There are a couple people in my family that I would like to talk to like this, but one won't talk at all to me and the other avoids talking about problems like the plague.

The one who won't talk to me told me via text message that "there is no talking to you, just aggravation". Then like usually happens, she said "gotta go". (runs away from the problem).

I'm not looking for a solution from you....just saying I understand how it feels to have problems in our close family relationships that can eat at you.

I long for the day when these problems are solved.

I think we can solve any problem if 2 people can just sit calmly and talk.

I am so happy for you...must be a real weight lifted from your shoulders! [woohoo]

17hens,

Thank you so much for posting the 'ransomed heart' link with Craig's blog......WOW!!!!!!
[bow]

What an amazing experience he had!!!

If we could all feel God's presence so powerfully, all our burdens would be lifted....hmmmm...I'd like to feel that too....I need to work on feeling God's presence every second of every day. Thank you.

I had never seen that site before, so I saved it to explore and read more later.

You are right...I am glad I read it. [woohoo]

sjo,

I understand what you are saying.

It is a very hard illness to have.

So glad you got to see your daughter, even if your couldn't cook, etc.

Yes, God will support you always.....and so will we.

Glad you were able to post today and let us know how you are doing.

I will pray for you and for your healing.

daisy,

Thank you for your neverending support.

You said...
"taking me places I would never have chosen to go...but ultimately leading me to my knees and into His presence."....wow, so wonderfully said.

It reminds me that even though this is where my family is now....it will likely be different in the future...hopefully much better, with God's grace.

It also reminds me that everyone has struggles...and God can work so powerfully in our lives...we just need to let him.

That is amazing that your brother, husband and nephew have become pastors/youth pastors...and after such horrifying problems like drugs/cutting.....wow,(saying that alot lately)
God is SO GOOD!!!!!

"The mind of man plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps."
Proverbs 16:9 (NASB)

Have a great God's day everyone!

--------------------

17hens
Member # 23747

Dekrator,

The Ransomed Heart website is by the same couple who wrote two fabulous books.

John Eldredge wrote "Wild at Heart" for men and he with his wife, Stasi Eldredge, wrote "Captivating" for women.

My husband's best friend, a missionary doctor in Cambodia, was on leave a few years back and while the two guys were visiting, he recommended the book "Wild at Heart" to my husband. It made a huge impact on his life as a Christian, as a man, as a father and as a husband.

About two years later, I heard that Stasi had written a book (with John), "Captivating" and when I read it I was so very moved. It changed the way I thought about myself and even God, in a wonderful way. I am a better daughter, wife, mother and Jesus follower because of it. (not that I'm so great, just better than I was before the book.)

I have seen both John and Stasi several times as guests on Life Today w/ James and Betty Robison and they are great people. Real down to earth, the kind I'd like to be friends with.

I have a few really great websites in my favorites list. You (my God Thought friends) probably know of most of them but maybe there's one or two new ones you'd like. I'll share them with you...

http://www.focusonthefamily.com/about_us/profiles/dr_james_dobson.aspx

http://www.hechosethenails.net/

http://www.homeword.com/

http://www.joycemeyer.org/

http://www.heartlightministries.org/parentingtodaysteens/

http://www.ransomedheart.com/

http://smalley.cc/

http://www.womenoffaith.com/

and one of my very favorites -

http://www.susielarson.com/index.cfm?id=1752&fuseaction=browse&pageid=1

well, that ought to keep you guys busy for a while [Smile]
have a great day, friends!!! [group hug]

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
17hens
My husband has been reading Wild at Heart, and he loves it.

He read parts of it to me at night, when I was having trouble sleeping, and it gave me new insight into his manhood, and the dreams and aspirations that he has.

I'm glad to hear that there is a version for women. I will go and get it today.

I am so grateful to have a Christian husband. He is very supportive.

But I can tell that he is frustrated and exasperated by this disease and its impact on our life together.

I think that I may be sharing TOO much of my feelings and depression about being sick.

I want to stay as positive as possible, especially around him.

Any thoughts?

Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
17hens
Member # 23747

I know what you mean, sjo.

I tend to overwhelm my husband by sharing everything with him.

He is kind and patient and says he wants me to talk to him about it, but I can usually tell when i'm overdoing it.

My whole life right now lyme junk. All my friends have lyme and all my "virtual" friends too [Wink] .

I'm the one who orders the supplements, the one who handles the meds (all 4 of us are infected), the one who cooks for irritated stomachs, and on and on. i'm surrounded by it.

I wish I had other things to talk about.
i can't wait for life to be normal again.

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy,
Hiiiii.... you know I have so many guestions.
I will not fill up your mail box that you just cleaned. So...

please answer this which I have read many, many times over;
Proverbs 13:3-11

I don't understand it.
Do you have a log of all my guestions

Sorry friends....I have not yet read what you have posted. Will try later ok?

Ps... About praise and worshiping... I get it.

Worship... Is a thank you. (not my words) Worship is a voluntary act of gratitude offered by the saved to the savior, by the healed to the healer, and by the delivered to the deliverer.

praising... God has opted to display His power daily. Proverbially. Pounding waves. Prism-cast
colors. Birht, death, life. We are surrounded by mircals. God is throwing testimonies at us like fireworks,each one exploding, "God is! God is!"

[ 09-13-2010, 04:57 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

17hens,

Wow! (there I go again)

I have alot of reading to do!

Thank you posting all of those favorite sites.

Thank you also for sharing about the 2 books and how reading them impacted your husband and you....that's so great to hear.

Sounds like it would be nice if everyone in the world would read them. [Big Grin]

--------------------

sjo
Member # 28057

I have been asking God what he wants me to learn in this. Many things have been brought to my mind.

1. I need to be humble. Thanks for reminding me of the song, Humble Thyself in the Sight of the Lord.
I am sad to say that I have been arrogant. I had a BIG job, and I thought I knew just about everything.

Well, this disease has taken care of that.

2. I need to rely on the strength of others. I always did everything for myself. I was very independent. And I am having to learn to lean on others, trust others.

3. Trust in God... don't try to direct everything myself. Wow... I thought I DID trust God, but it was easy to trust God when things were going well.

So, although I still hate this disease, I am counting on the fact that He uses everything to make good.

I am going through a rough character development process along with Lyme.

I truly want God to mold me, so I guess I need to just trust Him to do that.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

sjo,

I am learning many lessons also.

We are all human and all flawed, so don't be too hard on yourself.

God is so happy that your heart is open to trusting Him....I need to do better here too.

God can teach us so much. He must be so happy with you right now.

Matthew 23:12 (NIV)
"For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted."

I can relate to how hard it can be to rely on the strength of others.

I have found it to be a huge source of strength and support to rely on others here....and of course on God.

Character development is good. [Big Grin]

Thank you for sharing your heart with us. [group hug]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sjo.. Yes, Romans 8:28 is one of my favorite verses too. Thanks for bringing it to mind!! It WILL all work out for you!

As for sharing things with your husband. This is what I did. I tried not to verbalize how desperate I felt about being ill. I think he could see it, so I tried not to make him even more concerned by talking about the depression, etc.

(now if yours gets really serious, DO TALK!!!)

He never really knew how horrible it was for me. I think it would have freaked him out. He would have been very anxious and would probably have been calling my dr and/or family for help.

I am so glad you found us here so you will be strengthened by others going thru the same thing.

Love and hugs in Christ Jesus!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

What an amazing bunch you are...

I am going to have to catch up tomorrow as it has been a long and busy day... but I promise I will.

I am praying for all of you and asking our Father to bless you with his peace that is beyond our comprehension.

My love to you all... Amy

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good Morning God Thought Friends,

May you all have a day filled with the strength of our God.

"Do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10 (NIV)

--------------------

17hens
Member # 23747

Wow, friends, I hope it's appropriate to share this video here...

What a privilege it was to watch this morning!

I knew our country's history was baised on faith, but I don't remember learning such detail.

Our founding fathers had a deep, personal relationship with Jesus Christ - what a wonderful gift to give us!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlfEdJNn15E

--------------------

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

17hens,

I did not know all of that either!

It was very interesting!

Thanks for posting it.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Evening Friends,

I've gotten lots accomplished the last few days, and even though I've not posted, I have read your posts. I have/am disciplined/ing myself to take care of me and doing my best to get to bed at a ..... drum roll ...... decent hour. (OK, hubby no comment...smile).

I'm going to make a few comments tonight and see how it goes...then hit the hay.

Blessings and prayers to all!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

17hens,

Thank you for sharing the website, "Ransomed Heart Ministries".

That is W O W "Walk On Water" wonderful! I am really into words...I really liked their motto, "LOVE GOD LIVE FREE"...AMEN! And their mission [I added the numbers] "A ministry devoted to
1) helping people discover the heart of God,
2) recover their own heart in His love, and
3) learn to live in his Kingdom."

Again, that is W O W wonderful and something every human being needs...take care of 1 and 2 and then spend the rest of your life in 3. W O W!

I've heard John Eldredge share on Focus on the Family radio program. I see in his BIO he was one of the teachers at the Focus on the Family Institute. My son, the one who attended OU, the summer before his senior year God opened the door for him to attend the Focus on the Family Institute (he got a full scholarship! plus his credits transferred to OU). It was one of those life-changing experiences. Anyway, I just sent him an email to see if John Eldredge was one of his professors there.

I read the first of "Craig's Blog" and have decided to continue posting tomorrow. That "dream/vision" Craig shared about God sitting next to him on the park bench. W O W! Yeah, when we're with God it changes everything! And that's where I want to go right now.

First, let me post a song (maybe I posted it this week or last week) I'm sharing it again now because I want to listen to it and think about it while I go to a "park bench"...

Thank you, 17hens for sharing "Ransomed Heart Ministries!

Oh, Lord God, ransom my heart afresh! In your presence, O Lord my God, that IS where I belong...seeking Your face...I love you!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0GONxE3JM

PS: Lord willing, I'll do more posting tomorrow and we can get a new "God Thought" thread started...well, God's in control of "God Thought" so it will be in His perfect timing.

Rest in Him my dear "God Thought" Friends.
[kiss] [group hug]

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning daisy and all God Thought Friends,

Enjoyed reading your comments so far, daisy.

That is a beautiful song..."In Your Presence"!!

I'm glad you are taking care of you!

That's a good thing, because we need you!

Hope you are getting some good rest.

"For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline."
2 Timothy 1:7 (NIV)

I'd like to ask for prayer for Misfit and her daughter.

She shared on a thread titled "Absolutely Beaten Down" in General Support, that her daughter has Borderline Personality Disorder.

She shared that her daughter is hitchiking somewhere and she is extremely worried about her safety. She said she needs to be in a mental hospital.

Misfit shares how awful Borderline Personality Disorder is.

Lord, please hold Misfit and her daughter in the palm of your hand.

Please protect them and let them feel Your peace.

Lord, please guide Misfit's daughter to safety and to proper treatment.

Please help Misfit to rest knowing that her daughter is in Your care.

I pray this in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

Love, Rest and God's Peace to all of you!

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator,

Thanks about your encouragement for me to take care of me. We all really need to do that. I am getting myself to bed (generally) at a decent hour...thank God I do sleep well.

2 Timothy 1:7...AMEN!!!

Thank you for sharing Misfit's prayer request about her daughter. That is concerning. I join you in prayer (and the others) in prayer. Your prayer was very heartfelt and powerful. AMEN!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

It was very nice on the "Park Bench" last night. It is always nice when we take time with God...and He shows up. Hallelooo! Who IS like our God?...No One!!

OK...so backing up on this thread...

sjo,

I think we all go through times when it is easier to read than post (for a variety of reasons...not always physical).

Sometimes it can be hard to stay focused on God...that's ok. It's like the story/vision about "Park Bench"...God knows where we are--in our mind/heart/body/and everything else--and He is still there.

Sorry you've been experiencing so much pain and discomfort. Are you getting answers and information on Lymenet, other Lyme Forums, and through googling about Lyme Disease? Are you feeling "lost" about information and/or conflicting info? I could send you a PM with some info. Let me know if you'd like me to send you a PM. (On a sidenote...do you do any detoxing? It has really helped me a lot.)

I'm glad your daughter was home from college. I remember when my sons came home...it thrilled this mom's heart. I encourage you to not be so hard on yourself...if someone else in your family was feeling like you, I'm sure you'd be quite patient with them. Do yourself the same favor...give yourself that same blessing. Just picture yourself doing those things that you have always done and want to still do...believe one day you will have the energy and feel well enough to do them.

You are so right...God IS with you! And "God Thought" is here for all of us. You share, we all share, we care together, and we pray.

May God encourage your heart. It always blesses me to know that God uses every situation and turns it around for good!! That is our Great Big Almighty God!

sjo, Just said a prayer for you!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

I saw this...that someone else posted on one of the Lyme forums and I thought it was really good and fits with what we are talking about. I'm sure this person would be glad for me to share this:

"I've worked hard to get my health back. Thing is, I already led a very healthy lifestyle before my treatment, so what next? I worked on my attitude, because I believe the mind is central to the process of healing.

Here are four things that really helped:

1. I stopped "holding up the ceiling". If things were not perfect, I let it be. I let people help me and I simplified everything and made sure that I was content with the results. No matter how little I accomplished in a day, I was pleased, and when I accomplished a great deal, I celebrated.

2. I stopped regarding my antibiotics as "poison". I was closing my eyes, gritting my teeth and taking my medicine even though I hated everything about it. Instead, I started to regard the antibiotics as the cavalry that was going to bring help and relief to my beleaguered immune system. I visualized it charging in and killing the bacteria, and hunting down the craftier ones in hiding. So some things get trampled on by the horses -- small price to pay. While before I had dreaded dosing time, I came to look forward to it and to welcome the opportunity to change up to other medications or increase dosages. Yes, it was very difficult to look forward to yucky Mepron!

3. I made sure I didn't regard myself as a victim, didn't feel sorry for myself, and did not regard this as any kind of tragedy. There is always someone worse off than you. Further, I did not expect anyone to understand or be particularly helpful, but welcomed it if the were.

4. I identified what it is I live for and held on for dear life. I also made a short and do-able list of things I want to do when I am well and kept my eyes on the prize.

Good Healing, everybody!"

(I couldn't have said that better myself. ) [Big Grin]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

OK, so FINALLY on to another "God Thought" new weekly post.

You all are so special encouraging me on this healing path I find myself on...and more than that you inspire me to go to the "park bench" and meet with Him!!!!

God's abundant blessings to you and yours!

[group hug]

sjo
Member # 28057

Daisyrib,

Thank you so much, your messages made me cry, a good cry

Yes, I would very much appreciate PMs..

I am going to print your message about attitude, and hang it on my mirror so that I see it every morning.

Yesterday God gave me so much peace. I was meditating on "Be anxious for nothing, but in everything.....and the peace of God which passes all understanding will guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus" I don't remember the citation, but this verse has always been a place of comfort for me.

thank you for your prayers. sjo

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement