LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » God Thought 10/11 - 10/17/10

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: God Thought 10/11 - 10/17/10
daisyrlb
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I read last week's God Thought thread again...these verses came to my mind. Such a blessing to read everyone's posts...

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is thy faithfulness. "The LORD is my portion," says my soul, "therefore I will hope in him." (Lamentations 3:22-24)

Hope is a wonderful, healing thing to have!!!

Hope!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good morning God Thought friends!!

daisy,

Praying you and gwb have a safe and uneventful trip home.

Loved reading about your dear granddaughter's birthday! So great you could be there to share in that joy!

Friends,

Here is the link to the Weekly Wisdom on the Christ Notes site:

http://www.christnotes.org/ww.php

This week's wisdom is titled, "The dreams of your future have no room for the devastations of your past."

Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:11 (NIV)

Praying for all of you, dear friends.

Have a great day with hope in the Lord!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daisy.... Hope is good. I have been saying this 4 letter word today. Let us know when you make it home, so that we know you are safe.

Dektator... great read.. hope faith and deep root.
I for one am always moving forward not looking back. can't grow backwards only forward..though at times I feel a little backwards and sideways. Like daisy says; we need live in the moment. No time for the past I say! might miss out on something and someone GRAND!!
Good day to all.

shhh, don't tell.. I still have work to do on building my foundation, bubble gum does not hold well.

--------------------
God's promises mean you always have something wonderful to look forward to.

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Evening Friends,

Gary and I arrived home safely. Smooth flight. We had a wonderful time with our family in Florida. Now, only 67 more sleeps and our son and his family will be here for Christmas. [Big Grin]

Dekrator, It really was wonderful celebrating our granddaughter's 1st Birthday. Tomorrow we celebrate our grandson's 7th Birthday.

Thanks for sharing christnotes.org. I had not heard of that ministry before...so it was my first time to read it. The death of Aaron...that was a powerful example of the title, "The dreams of your future have no room for the devastations of your past." Death, would seem to be the ultimate example of what could be "dream stealing" and probably does "steal" a lot of people's dreams.

Reminds me of the verse in Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

His grace is here for this minute, IN THE NOW, THE PRESENT...and not for someday in the future so it's important to guard our thoughts and our hearts.

At the same time we can be encouraged with hope as the song "Great is Thy Faithfulness" says, "Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow..." AMEN!

MDW,

You make me chuckle..."bubble gum". [lol]

That is good what you shared, "...not looking back. can't grow backwards only forward..." So true. And although we may have detours from time to time, hey, God has a way of getting us back on track! He is ever faithful! [bow]

And with that the link to my favorite rendition of "Great is Thy Faithfulness" sung by 2nd Chapter of Acts (I so enjoy the way they harmonize)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nSRul8BKho

The trio (brother and two sisters) formed their group after the death of their parents...here is the wiki link regarding the trio.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2nd_Chapter_of_Acts

Hope...Faithfulness...May you sense it...know it!!!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tracy9
Member # 7521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracy9         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The dreams of your future have no room for the devastations of your past."

I LOVE THIS! Thanks so much for sharing it, Dekarator!

--------------------
NO PM; CONTACT: [email protected]

13 years Lyme & Co.; Small Fiber Neuropathy; Myasthenia Gravis, Adrenal Insufficiency. On chemo for 2 1/2 years as experimental treatment for MG.

Posts: 4480 | From Northeastern Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MDW005     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good afternoon friends,
Is everyone A-okay today? Pray so.

Daisy... I must confess..."Your song Great is Thy
Faithfulness" well, how should I put this...hmmm,
ok...I wanted to wipe the cob webs off my screen,
that is an old song! [lol]
After I closed the link..yes I reopened it! I closed my eyes and just listened...thought to myself ok. I have listened to the harmony and words several times now. It is beautiful and peaceful.

I tell you tho.. I would not have been able to listen to that song back in the 70s. I can appreciate this song today. Dang I must be getting old..naa I just love music.
I am sure you are having a blast with your grandson on his birthday today... who is the bigger kid?

Good day God thought friends,
Diane

--------------------

Posts: 2150 | From Georgia | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Morning by morning new mercies I see"

This is a beautiful phrase, and it reminds me of a practice that I used to do, but I have let slip.

I used to wake up each morning, literally counting my blessings and thanking God for each one.

Since Lyme, I have been focusing on my needs, my pain, begging for healing.

I think its time to go back to the blessings.. I will start tomorrow.

Right now, I am most grateful for each of you, your support, your insights, your reminders of what is true and right.

You love of God is contagious and hopeful... thank you Lord for this group of faithful people.

Great is thy faithfulness... I loved it!!

Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello God Thought Friends,

All of you bless me so much!

daisy,

I bet you are having another wonderful celebration today for your grandson's 7th birthday! [woohoo]

I enjoyed reading your thoughts above and listening to "Great is Thy Faithfulness".

Hi Tracy!! [hi] Glad you liked the Christ notes weekly wisdom.

MDW,

You made me smile when I read your comments about the song daisy posted.

I wouldn't have appreciated it many years ago either. Thank goodness wisdom comes with age.

sjo,

I understand where you are coming from. I need to be more thankful for my blessings.

It is easy to focus on the burdens.

I will also try to remember to thank God for my blessings.

Thanks for the reminder!

Here is another weekly wisdom from the Christ notes site, from back in June.

It is titled "In every situation, there are always two stories--the story you see and the story God sees.".......

http://www.christnotes.org/ww.php?d=2010-06-21

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amelia
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 17677

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Amelia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Everyone: I am so sorry for my not being in better touch. If you all can believe this, about a month ago, I had a water leak in my townhome, I was very sick at the time and as it turns out, there was mold underneath the floor- I am in mold remediation right now. I am also living with my parents and have been here for about two weeks and am finally glad to know why I was so ill. They also found my ac unit-- 30 years old and duct work was LOADED with mold. I couldn't understand why I kept declining-- all I did was sleep for a good few weeks as all this was happening as well as fight severe allergic reactions - thinking it was food (I think I shared that with you all) To think I was clueless the entire time. They think the mold at least in the ducts and air system has been there for at least two years... the entire time I have been fighting Lyme. Fortunately, I am out, and getting things remedied. I am grateful to be feeling MUCH better and still able to work. God is so good as I believe the leak was God as I would have never looked into the AC system but the disaster company did that. Thank GOD too for homeowners insurance.

I have missed you all. I pray you all are well. It will be likely two weeks or so before I am even back in my home.

Daisy thank you for your constant encouragement!

Dekerator-- I loved your post-- So very true... we need to focus on God's future for us...

Sjo... I don't think we are in the right mindset for healing if we are not focusing on our blessings... it is not always easy but something I strive to do... I fall a lot. This group helps so much...

Diane- I have missed you too...

I am at my parents but will check in when I can... BLESSINGS to you all... Much love- Amy

Posts: 243 | From Charleston, SC | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Dear Amy,

God is so good. Who would have thought that what seemed like an annoyance, "the leak", would turn out to be a God-send?

Praise God that you are in remediation now, and are safe and feeling much better at your parent's house.

Praying for your continued healing.

So glad you are here. I love your enthusiasm.

I look forward to hearing from you whenever you get the chance to check in.

Have a great hope-filled day!

Amber

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning dear friends,

Everyday we face struggles and fears, but we can get through with trust in our Lord.

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?
Psalm 56:3-4 (NIV)

Proverbs 30:5 (NIV)

5 "Every word of God is flawless;
he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.

Beautiful song..."Word of God Speak" by Mercy Me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JK_6osCH74&feature=related

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Morning All!

I was so blessed by reading your posts. I am so thankful that God Thought is archived...the archives are sunshine on a cloudy day.

Tracy...Dream big. This verse is for you.

Ephesians 3:20 (New International Version) "...He is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us..."

MDW, Great is Thy Faithfulness... you say "cobwebs" Ha. Well, that's true but His truths are stiiiiiiil fresh truths.

It really was a blast with my grandson. Bigger kid??? Ummm...well...Beaux does a great job at being a kid. And I am going through my first childhood...and really enjoying it A LOT! I don't think it will stop anytime soon...and will continue on into eternity! [dizzy] [lol]

You have a blessed day my dear God Thought friend.

sjo, Thanks for sharing that great idea...waking up and counting your blessings and thanking God. Lyme can be so all incompassing, if we let it, and LIFE is a lot more than Lyme! Perspective makes a huge difference.

Praying you wake up this morning, with joy running over, as you count your many, many blessings. God is good all the time, and all the time God is good! (Joy is a great endorfun fix and fixer..it kinda does good like medicine!)

I am grateful for you too!

Dekrator, Always good to see your faithful, God-timing posts. We did have a great celebration with my grandson. And it continues tomorrow at the roller skating rink. I'm looking forward to skating with my little Beaux Bear and his little friends at the rink.

Also, MDW always makes me smile too. OK, well, I guess I'm an oddball because I think I would have liked "Great is Thy Faithfulness" way back in the BC (Before Christ) days just because I love those harmonies.

I like being wiser. Gettin wiser as the days go by.

I read the Christ notes, "In every situation" WOW (Walk On Water) WOW! Thanks for that link. Powerful on Joseph. Is God in control or what??!!! Auuuuu, Duhhhhhh!!!

Amelia, So glad to have you join us.

About that water leak...go figure...ALL things really do work out for good for those who love God...Romans 8;28. Amazing.

I believe you will make much better strides now that the mold issue is being addressed, "loaded with mold" YIKES! That is very serious stuff to deal with as you know! [B]Are you doing any detoxing???[B/] Detoxing has made THE difference in my path of healing. So glad you're feeling much better!!!

Enjoy that special time with your parents.

The Lord surely does work in mysterious ways His wonders to perform. [bow]

Friends, Let's count our blessings...it's a very wise thing to do...and we'll be gladder that we did! Blessings All!!!

[group hug]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Oh, Dekrator, I notice you posted again. I like that song "Word of God Speak". Thanks for posting it.

Psalm 138:2 (NIV)
"I will bow down toward your holy temple and will praise your name for your love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word."
[bow]

I love His Word and Him too!!!! [bow]

[kiss] [group hug]

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning Friends,

Finally, able to get on Lymenet...anyone know what's going on with that? Anyway...

Great, inspiring message on Hour of Power this morning. As usual the testimony and songs were good too.

"It's Time to Dream Again!" Here is the link to watch the service online:

http://www.hourofpower.org/videos/index.php

Hebrews 12:1-3 (NIV),

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Dream big! Run the Race! Praying you have a blessed God Race in the almighty name of Jesus!

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched part of the Hour of Power last night.

My Dreams are so dim although I do have times with this when a little light shines through.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Morning kam,

Glad you were able to watch that last night...that was no accident that you "happened" to see it.

Yeah, I believe that message is so timely. It IS time to dream again. Be on the lookout as the light shines through more and more.

Never stop dreaming.

Blessings always.

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok Trying to do a little dreaming this am. Thinking of having a reliable, comfortable vehicle that trasnports my power chair and a driver that makes life more do able and being able to attend church and Bible STudy

And being able to just be in the great outdoors and let Rosie run off leash while I roll in my power chair

And having the funds to pay for gas and travel to see my LLMD and pay for the office visit and get the meds and supplements suggested and testing.

Dreaming of being higher functioning.

Dreaming of being able to fix 3 meals a day for myself or having someone to do that that makes life more do able too.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I didn't see the dreaming part last night. I will watch it on the web later.

I saw part of the singing and part of the guy Lesters talk..can't recall his whole name.

The guy who had something happen when he was 12...lots of bones broken in his body.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good afternoon dear friends,

It's good to be back on Lymenet and God Thought.

daisy, I'll have to go back and watch that Hour of Power, maybe tomorrow. We have our grandsons today.

I especially like the part of the scripture you posted that says ..."let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us."

[woohoo] That is one race we can all have a chance to win!

kam,

I enjoyed reading about your "dreams".

As daisy said, Never stop dreaming.

My dreams are for all of our family's conficts to resolve, for all my family members to open their hearts to God, and for my Son to come home safely from Iraq....so for this I pray.

I have lots of other dreams/prayers for many of my lymenet friends and friends here at home.

Thanks for the inspiration, daisy and kam, for dreaming big!

I've often thought about what it would be like if all the world would become Christians...actively practicing their faith and living the way God wants us to live.... [bow] [woohoo] How amazing would that be?!

Have a great day, friends...I'm being paged by little Kaden to play with him. [hi]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good afternoon God friends,

I'm not real sure what "dream big" means but I will take a look at hour power later to better understand, tonight possibly.

This weekend I went to my hide away...sorta kindof and had an opportunity to do a little reading.

I read that God became man in the person of Jesus Christ in order to make up for Adam's sin.
I do not understand this. I thought you said He died on the cross for us.
Maybe I got too much fresh air because this I do not understand nor Hebrews.
Also, nothing was said about Eve, what about her sin? Did'nt she tempt Adam?

When I was laying my head on my pillow last night, I had the radio down low to my ear and I heared this beautiful song and I had to crawl out and write the title down on paper so I would not forget to share....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taBu2bxO820&feature=related

[ 10-17-2010, 09:02 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good morning dear friends,

I have a guestion. Do you ever feel like you are just barely hanging on? But you are holding on for dear life? Me.

Sometimes it feels like I am looking for a needle in a haystack. Hes there but I can't find Him and the only way, some days... is I am holding on to the thread and it leads me to the needle.
I honestly think if not for this God Thought Family I would have already snipped the thread.
Am I the only one with the pitch fork poking them?
I had to come back and listen to the the song I posted last night. It is a very pretty song.

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello MDWOO5,

It is so true...the thread thing. I pictured myself hanging on to the edge of a deep pit, my knuckles turning white...my feet slipping...toes gripping whatever...always afraid I would let go. And sometimes I did just want to let go and be done with it. But He would not let me go...and at times, to be truthful here, it made me mad. I thought it would be sweet relief.

I do not have Lyme so I can only relate on a much different level...I have had to watch my beloved daughter suffer a myriad of horrific things because she has Lyme.

It is tiring...it drains the life from you...SCARED...exhausting, I hung on for my daughter.

At the absolutely worst times, I too, felt like the Lord was just not caring...I mean, it would be just so very easy for Him to fix all of this...so why not?

But, there's always the Truth when you involve the Lord, but the Truth is, that He assures us that this is NOT so....He does care and the Lord does not lie...He cannot lie because it is not of His nature and it is an impossibility for Him to do so.

So, we must take Him at His word and what He tells us what the Truth is, not what we think it is. The Truth is that He IS there, whether we think He is and the Truth is He is thinking about us constantly, and the Truth is that whatever happens to the ones that love Him...get this...IT IS THE BETTER THING.

Okay, I am still wrapping my mind around that, (many months now) IT IS THE BETTER THING?...really?...my daughter suffering is the better thing? But, that is indeed the Truth because the Lord does not make mistakes.

So that leaves me wondering, thinking, mussing this Truth over in my mind. Then I think...Jesus died on the cross...a most horrible, degrading death, and yet...and yet...this WAS THE BETTER THING! He saved all of mankind that He called His own from death.

It is a journey...a life long journey...this path of faith, when we feel knocked off our axis completely, our questions, our lack of faith at times...it all has a reason...and that is to bring us closer to our Creator and THAT IS THE BETTER THING.

Thank-you for these posts from all of you who love the Lord ..it is a blessing.

May He give each one of you strength and wisdom.
Sue

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Dear momindeep,

I am so sorry for your daughter, the pain and suffering you both have had to endure.
Friend I am also sorry that you misunderstood me.

I was trying to say that God is still new in my life... well not new but new to me allowing Him in. I am still finding it hard to give Him space in my life and all the bible reading and... and
Life in general with Him.

Hope that makes better understanding.
I have been where you have also, but not today.
Power tools are great! I just gave my shrubs a haircut. Streatched them muscles...woa-man! yes. [Smile]

[ 10-18-2010, 12:38 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Happy Birthday, Daisy!! May God bless you with all the wonders of life!!

Thanks for all you do for Lymenet and for your Lord.

Have a great day! [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MDW005
Member # 22706

Daisy,

Hope lovely surprises are coming your way
To make your Birthday a wonderful day
Smiles and laughter, joy and cheer
New happiness that stays throughout the year
Hope your birthday brings all these and more
Filling life with surprise and joys galore!

So on this very special day
I would like to say to you
I hope you'll always find happiness
In whatever you may do.

blow them all out girl!

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Happy Birthday, daisy!!!!

You are a very special person who brings so much light and life to us here.

You are a shining example of God's love and I appreciate you so much.

May you have a year filled with more of God's wonderful blessings!

[kiss]

--------------------

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDWOO5...ohhh...I get it.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Me too... I know I should do better...spend more time reading the Bible, etc, but I usually get caught up in day to day stuff and don't do it.

We can allow Him in our lives more just by the way we live/act each day.

Compassion, caring, love, giving, charity, etc....we have all those things in us and when we act as God would want us to, we are letting Him in.

So, dear friend, you are probably letting Him in more than you might think.

[group hug] [kiss] [group hug] [kiss]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

momindeep,

I enjoyed reading what you wrote about the Truth.

I am so sorry for all the suffering your daughter has gone though.

You sound like a great Mom.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

No Dekrator I have not been doing much lately.
I have not really prayed for much of anything and I have not read my bible in over two weeks.
Just kindof sliding by. I do listen to christian music. I sort of hit a road block, and with a shoulder shrug attitude.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey gang. Will you wonderful people please pray for my friend from college?

She is a Christian and will be going home to see her Lord soon. She has liver cancer and it will be a matter of days or weeks until she is gone.

We just "found" each other after nearly 40 yrs of being apart. We were not close in college.. but we attended a small Christian college where our paths crossed often. She was a music major with my husband. (same college)

Now we have to say goodbye. I wrote her a goodbye message on Facebook... where we got reconnected a few months ago.

So sad because she is raising an 11 yr old grandchild who is a dancer/singer/actor. It will be so hard for her family to lose her.

I'm out of words.

PS.. My friend's name is Candy.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

Did you get a chance to watch the Hour of Power link that daisy posted above?

Especially, the "It's Time to Dream Again" message.

It's really good.

[group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Oh Lymetoo, I'm so sorry.

I will certainly pray for Candy, her family and you too.

So very sad. So good that she has faith in God.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Good evening Dekrator,

Nope....maybe later. Have a good eve. friend.

--------------------

sjo
Member # 28057

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sjo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello everyone,

This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.

Today, I still have the pain; but something is different.

Now, I TRULY believe that God wants me well, and will heal me.

I am so grateful for this change of spirit and attitude.

I ask for all of your prayers that I will continue to keep my mind on Christ.

God is my father and he loves me. I can go to Him, as my Daddy.

And as my father, He only wants the best for me.

Isn't that wonderful?

Only good comes from God.. sickness, disease, and all of the horrible things in this world do NOT come from Him.

I am so grateful that He loves me, cares for me, and wants the best for me.. for all of us.

Posts: 38 | From maryland | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

You got it, sjo!! Attitude is so important.

God does want the best for you!!

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dear Friends,

I read your posts. The good and the sad. So much has happened, once again, since my last post.

Thank you for the birthday wishes. I am blessed. It has been a good day...a full, busy day, and I'm going to hit the hay now.

One thing, Lymetoo, so sorry about Candy. I am lifting your precious friend, family, and you to the Lord.

I look forward to responding tomorrow, Lord willing.

Good night and God's peace to you.

17hens
Member # 23747

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 17hens     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MDW said, "I read that God became man in the person of Jesus Christ in order to make up for Adam's sin.
I do not understand this. I thought you said He died on the cross for us.
Maybe I got too much fresh air because this I do not understand nor Hebrews.
Also, nothing was said about Eve, what about her sin? Did'nt she tempt Adam?"

Could you give the reference for this verse so I can look at it in context? I would guess that "Adam's sin" is referring to the sins of mankind. That would include Eve. And me.

Great post, momindeep. Thank you so much for that. "the better thing"

Happy belated birthday, Daisy!

Praying for Candy. So sorry, Lymetoo.

Hi, sjo & Dekrator!

--------------------
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalms 73:26

bit 4/09, diagnosed 1/10

Posts: 3043 | From PA | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Good morning friends!

sjo,

How uplifting to hear of your change in spirit and attitude! Way to go!!!

daisy,

So happy you had a good birthday! Hope you had some good rest too. Look forward to your post when you get a chance.

Hi 17hens!! I look forward to the explanation.

MDW, Sometimes when I get off track in whatever (exercising, etc) I find that the best way to get back on track is to "just do it"...in other words..as much as I don't feel like going, I have to make myself.

Then I find that it is easier from there on out again....I just needed to get going again.

So, can we do this?.....You pick some Bible verses (now don't overwhelm me please) and I will read them too.

Then we can compare thoughts.

Could you please pray today for a couple people I know?

Shelly is a Mom in her 30's with young kids. She has a brain aneurysm.

Phil is my husband's cousin. He recently found out he has lung cancer and it has spread to his liver. He is in his early 60's.

Thanks for any prayers for them. I appreciate it!

My son, if you accept my words and store up my commands within you, turning your ear to wisdom and applying your heart to understanding, and if you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding, and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure, then you will understand the fear of the LORD and find the knowledge of God.
Proverbs 2:1-5 (NIV)

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dear Dekrator,

Yes I will pray for Shelly and Phil along with there family's.

I do not have a verse to share, but I have a few questions. Please don't think I am being ugly or angry....

Did Jesus suffer as a child? I have not read anything yet of His childhood.

Did Jesus suffer in pain..physical/emotional most His adult life?
or just when He was getting prepared for taking our sins away?

Was Jesus knocked to the ground and tortured with words? or just when He was teaching?

If Jesus could heal all those people..then how come He couldn't heal all the ugly souls that hurt others? He died for what? They are still here!

You say cry out for Him. Did Jesus have wet tears?
Did Jesus Laugh?

17hens.... there was no verse, just what I was reading in a book over the weekend.

[ 10-19-2010, 12:36 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

MDW005
Member # 22706

Dekrator,
Did I scare you away with my guestions?

Okay, I did as you asked of me. I opened my bible and the first two pages of Psalms stared at me.
What does this mean?

Psalms 4:4 Be angry, and do not sin; ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent.

When?
Psalms 5:9,10 make them bear there guilt, O God.

Dekrator,
you got me started... if you cannot keep up with me then we can save. [Smile] You said pick some and to not overwhelm you...how many is some?

Psalms 7:3-5 please explain. Did I let the enemy trample on me?

[ 10-19-2010, 04:52 PM: Message edited by: MDW005 ]

--------------------

sjo
Member # 28057

There are always questions that there are no answers to.

That is why we need faith.

Satan loves to get into our minds, and ask endless questions of no consequence.

That way he keeps us occupied, and away from worshipping God.

He has used that bag of tricks on me many times.

I have a personal saying that a friend taught me. When Satan comes knocking, I say "Be gone, I have changed residence, I now have a new landlord, His name is Jesus Christ, my Lord"

I don't have to understand all the minor details... the BIG questions have already been answered.

He loves me, He saves me, He cares for me. He has overcome this world, and all the evil in it.

There are those who are still controlled by the devil, and they have the free will to do so.

BY CHOICE, we have chosen Christ. And by choice, we keep the faith.. no matter the circumstances, no matter the trials. Even in suffering, I chose to believe.

Thank you Lord Jesus for all you have done for us.

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Dear MDW,

Sorry I was not back here sooner....busy day.

Oh Wow, you are a deep thinker my friend!

First let me say that I am not an expert on the Bible, by any means.

I have a pretty good general understanding of what we should and should not do to live the way God wants us to, but when it comes to interpreting Bible passages, I am frequently lost.

With that said, I will give my answers and others with more practice at this can come along later and help!

You asked, "Did Jesus suffer as a child? I have not read anything yet of His childhood."

I do not know the answer to that one, other than to say since some people wanted Him dead, even from birth, I guess I would say that he suffered persecution all of His earthly life. Anyone else know?

You ask, "Did Jesus suffer in pain..physical/emotional most His adult life?
or just when He was getting prepared for taking our sins away?"

Again, I'm not sure other than that He was persecuted. I only know for sure that He suffered physically and emotionally as He carried the cross and was then crucified.

You ask, "Was Jesus knocked to the ground and tortured with words? or just when He was teaching?"

Sorry, I don't know, MDW. Daisy, Lymetoo, sjo, 17hens....need some help here... [dizzy]

I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't a Bible expert!

You ask, "If Jesus could heal all those people..then how come He couldn't heal all the ugly souls that hurt others? He died for what? They are still here!"

I guess I would answer that He died so that we could have to opportunity to have all our sins forgiven and live eternally in Heaven upon our death. He did not promise to take away all earthly hardship.

Humans all have free will/ability to make choices. He offers us the choice, and we must make the right choice to spend eternity in Heaven.

Obviously there are many people who do not make the right choice or are not yet aware of their choices.

You ask, "You say cry out for Him. Did Jesus have wet tears?
Did Jesus Laugh?"

I would say that He probably did have wet tears and laugh. When He was in the form of man, I think He did have/do those things.

You ask about Psalms 4:4 "Be angry, and do not sin; ponder in your own hearts on your beds, and be silent."

Another way to say this is "When you are disturbed, do not sin; ponder it on your beds, and be silent."

So I take that to mean when we are angry or disturbed, do not react in such a way that could be sinful...ie: arguing, name calling, etc.

Instead sit quietly and think it through and pray about it. God will help you through the rough time.

You ask about Psalms 5:9,10 "make them bear there guilt, O God."

The footnotes in my Bible say that in Psalm 5, the psalmist prays for his enemies destruction. He believed that God loved him, but not his enemies. Only later did the Israelites realize that God, who created everyone, also loves everyone.

Then you ask about Psalms 7:3-5 please explain. "Did I let the enemy trample on me?"

My Bible says that this Psalm is a plea for help against persecutors.

I think it means that if he was guilty of wrongdoing then let his enemy overtake him...but if not, protect him from harm. i could be wrong here...sometimes I think too literally and there is alot of figurative writing in the Bible.

Well, MDW....I am proud of you for "just doing it"!!!! [kiss]

You challeged my mind today.

I look forward to others' explanations.

Thank you for your prayers for Shelly and Phil.

Hope you are feeling encouraged and hopeful.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Good Evening Special Friends,

Oh, hmmmm, where do I start? OK, backing up to my last post. Oh, wow, that's been a while ago.

There is a time for everything...including, and especially, dreaming!!

To be continued...

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

kam,

I loved reading your dreams! You ARE dreaming big! I am dreaming that, seeing that, with you. Dreams really do come true!

Is anything impossible for our God??? [bonk]

I didn't think so!!! [bow]

Hope you get a chance to watch all of Hour of Power. It really is inspiring and faith building.

Blessings precious friend.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator,

Good to have you back home. Welcome. Glad you get time with your grandsons. I do enjoy my grandchildren so.

Thanks for the reminder about the race..."we all get a chance to win!" That is awesome!! Oh yeah!!

That dream you have is a beautiful prayer. I have seen it happen again and again in my family...and I keep praying too "that the circle be unbroken". I expect all my family there at Home. I keep praying for your son and his safe return home. God bless him, put guardian angels around him, and bring him back safely to his family.

A world like you describe...sounds a lot like the world we will live in when we all get Home. WOW--as in "Walk On Water" WOW!!!

Oh sweet--paged by your little Kaden. Technology! Amazing. Kids today are so smart.

Blessings always.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Where would God Thought be without MDW? She sure keeps it interesting. I gotta come back and see what she's going to say next. [Smile]

MDW, you know I mean that in the mostest, bestest way Dearest God Thought Friend. For real!!!!

Friends, enjoy singing this song MDW posted, "Lord, You Are More Precious Than Silver". It's so beautiful. Peaceful. Makes me want to whisper to Him, "Beloved Lord, I love You Forever!!!!" OH, and I just did. [bow]

This really is one of my favorite songs. Yeah, I know I always say that...but it's true!

Be blessed, may you sense His presence, love, and peace...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taBu2bxO820&feature=related

MDW005
Member # 22706

deleted my post Dekrator and Daisy,
didn't want people reading my sorrows.

It is a pretty song.

Dekrator... Thanks for all the hard work you did today...I kinda bombed you with a bunch of questions, didn't I?
I only needed the scriptures answered, and I think you did a great job friend.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,

You are a philosopher and ask the greatest theological questions. Ones that are still being debated. Ha!

Thanks for keeping this thread interesting.

Let me just say that when Adam sinned...that was almost the greatest fall of all. Because of that one man's sin, the whole human race from Eve, to their children, to us, to our children, to our grandchildren...well, you get the idea...very fallen, sinners. : (

BUT GOD!!!!!!!

The GREATEST FALL happened!!!! Jesus descended ALL THE WAY from Heaven to Earth!!!! The perfect, beautiful Son of God!!!!

Your questions about His childhood...the Bible doesn't address them...we see Him in the manger, we see Him in the temple at twelve years old. Then we see Him meeting up with John the Baptist.

I am more of a common sense person, with a great imagination.

Jesus never sinned. And even though He was all God, He was also all human. ALL HUMAN. As a baby...in my imagination...when he was hungry, he cried like babies do. And well...he wore "diapers" whatever they looked like back then until he was potty trained. He must have been very different than other children, after all at the age of 12 he stayed behind in the temple when his parents and the group were returning home. Then he told his parents, "I have to be about my Father's business." So I imagine he was probably teased and bullied. He got his little feelings hurt. When he fell down it hurt. Maybe got sawdust in his eyes...what_e_ver... I told you I got a good imagination.

Jesus was FULLY HUMAN. He cried at the tomb of Lazarus. He cried looking out over Jerusalem. He turned over the money changing tables in the temple and wielded a whip. He got angry and yet did not sin...He was angry with a pure heart. Now that's something to think about.

The GREATEST EXCHANGE. On the cross Jesus took His fallen creation's sin upon Himself and in exchange we get His righteousness. A hallelooooo is in order here!!!

Moving on to your next post...

"Holding on for dear life"...yeah, I've felt like that at times during my 32 year walk with Jesus. And when I look back I realize...He always caught me. He's the best catcher!

"Needle in a haystack"...it can feel that way. Feelings can be so deceptive. That's why I am so thankful to have His word in my heart because I know the truth. He is always with me. Always! No matter what my feelings lie to me. Or what a person lies to me.

"Still finding it hard to give Him space in my life..." Again, I'm simple. Walking with Jesus is like walking with a Friend...with a capital "F". He is with us 24/7. We don't have to be talking all the time, we can be still and I can know that He is God. And just rest in that. He's there. He's not going anywhere. We don't have to "work up" a relationship with Him.

Again, in hindsight, I see it just kinda happened...in a good way...through the good or bad or mountain tops or valleys. He is the Faithful Friend, the beautiful Beloved. So, He wrote us a Love Letter (the Bible). We are blessed to have the words actually written on paper. That is a privilege. Back in Jesus' time the common people did not have the Love Letter that they could hold in their hands. And many people in the world today don't either. And even though we do...and should read it...just imagine having and holding the words in our hearts. That's what counts. Lots of people know in their heads God's Word...but knowing in our hearts...changes our lives.

Isn't it strange how we can get a "shrug shoulder" attitude toward any person...even our best Friend. It happens. Our God can handle it. Yeah, that's how loving, forgiving, and accepting He is. That's why I say, "He's crazy in love with us." Which reminds me of the book I read, "Crazy Love" by Frances Chan. Great read! Who would want to continue a relationship with someone who has a "shrug shoulder" attitude and worse toward them? Ummmmm...Someone who is crazy in love with us--THAT'S OUR GOD! And I'm so glad!

Talking about a dream. That's a dream to get a hold of...just how crazy in love with us our God is.

Oh, I see I missed something..."If Jesus could heal all those people...then how come He couldn't heal all the ugly souls that hurt others?...." Oh, what He did on the cross is complete and yet a beginning of sorts...because there is a day coming...with no more tears...no more sorrows....no more suffering....when there is the New Heaven and New Earth. In the meantime...we still live in this fallen world. People have choices to make...These choices affect themselves, affect others... I SEE DEKRATOR ANSWERED THIS TOO. GREAT!

I see I missed your most recent post too...that will have to be for another time. Oh, yeah, I see Dekrator answered that one. GREAT ANSWERS DEKRATOR!! AMEN!!

OK...so all that above was the short answer. SMILE! Hope that helps.

New subject, yeah, my birthday was very special...and you helped to make it so. Plenty seven was a lot of candles. LOL I'm half way home...give or take a few years.

MDW, I am praying you do not lose HOPE. Our God is the God of all HOPE. He is still moving by His Spirit. Keep dreaming for you...for your family. He aint' finished yet. I pray you are doing better tonight and you can't stop me from praying. LOL!!!

BTW, enjoy the song again. He is more precious than...................anything!!!!

Blessings Dear One!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator,

Your birthday blessings humble me and truly make me cry tears of thankfulness. Thank you so much for your kind, compassionate words. [kiss]

The Lord knows my heart. I want to be His love and light. Thank you again.

Your words are so inspiring and filled with wisdom for all of us. Thank you for your faithful postings and answering people. It is a joy to know you are here. Two, or three, or four, or etc. heads are better than one. [Smile]

Blessings always precious friend.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

momindeep,

You carry a burden that most of us do not...you have a child suffering. It would be hard to go through that. So very sorry. Just said a prayer for you. May God's grace be sufficient. Dream big momindeep! You are a good mom!

Thank you for sharing your words of wisdom and your experience. Somehow, someway, our God really is able to make all things work together for good. That's one of His greatest miracles of all...I believe that.

Blessings of faith, hope, and love...and healing for your daughter!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

sjo,

Your comments remind me...

When Satan comes knocking, don't answer the door. Start praising God and Satan will flee with his tail between his legs like the coward that he is.

1 John 4:4, "Greater is He that is in us, than he that is in the world."

sjo, You preach it...AMEN!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

17 hens,

Thank you for your birthday blessings. Appreciate you...all you do on Lymenet and God Thought!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Lymetoo,

How are you? Keep us posted on your friend.

You are one of the backbones of Lymenet! Thank you for your faithfulness to friends and to The Friend.

You are loved with an everlasting love...may you sense it now. May you sense His strength empowering you as you walk the path He has planned for you.

You are blessed to be a blessing. Thank you for blessing me.

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator,

Again, thanks for "keeping watch" on God Thought.

Friends, it would be easy to overlook these prayer requests from Dekrator...so I want to post them again. God really does answer prayer! Make that our prayers!

"Could you please pray today for a couple people I know?

Shelly is a Mom in her 30's with young kids. She has a brain aneurysm.

Phil is my husband's cousin. He recently found out he has lung cancer and it has spread to his liver. He is in his early 60's.

Thanks for any prayers for them. I appreciate it!"

Yes, Shelly and Phil, you do not know us...but we are lifting you before our Father. Father in Heaven we thank You for Your mercy and grace. Thank You for being crazy in love with us and Shelly and Phil. Right now pour out your Holy Spirit on these people and their families. We pray for a healing touch upon their body, soul, mind, and spirit. We pray for your peace and love to envelop them. Thank You! In the Name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. AMEN!

MDW005
Member # 22706

I just said Daisy's prayer Dekrator. I meant it from the heart dear friend.

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

MDW,

I deleted my post which was the response to the post you deleted. [dizzy]

Like daisy said...You can't keep me from praying....ok.??

I am glad you shared that with me though....so I can be specific in my requests to God.

You have a real unique sense of humor, MDW, along with inquisitiveness beyond compare!!

You think of things that I would never think of.

Thanks, MDW...You did surprise me with the questions, but it was actually a good exercise for me...because like I said...I am not very good at reading the Bible regularly..so God found a way to have me do that today, through you dear friend.

Psalm 37:4-6 (NIV)

4 Delight yourself in the LORD
and he will give you the desires of your heart.

5 Commit your way to the LORD;
trust in him and he will do this:

6 He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn,
the justice of your cause like the noonday sun.

daisy,

Whew!!! I am always in awe of the depth of your perspective on Bible related stories and the expansiveness of God's love!!

I so enjoy reading your explanations and I learn alot, so thank you.

You are a great Bible study teacher!

What a blessing YOU are to me....and so are you MDW...I have learned alot from you.

Hugs to all for a good night's rest with big dreams full of hope.

[group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug] [group hug]

--------------------

Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Thank you daisy and MDW for praying for Shelly and Phil.

daisy, your prayer was absolutely beautiful!!

MDW, I know you meant it from your heart....you have a really big heart, that is apparent.

God knows how special you are too.

--------------------

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Dekrator,

Thanks for sharing once again. Such a blessing. Obviously we are learning lots from each other on God Thought and being encouraged too.

And I am so with you on growing in my walk as a result of the people on God Thought. [Big Grin]

Sometimes as I've thought about my two sons (one is a philosopher/academic type...the other is more of a "rascal" type) I've thought, "One has kept me on my toes and the other one on my knees." Ha! I do thank God they are both serving the Lord.

And that's what God Thought does too...keeps me on my toes and on my knees. And, I'm blessed and it helps me keep serving the Lord. Go figure!!!!

The Lord really does work in mysterious ways!!

Blessings to all and to all a good night!

daisyrlb
Member # 15686

MDW,

One other thing...remember when I said, "I gotta come back and see what she's (you're) going to say next"??

Well, I keep coming back to see what I'm going to say next too. Ar ar ar ar ar ar LOL [dizzy] [lol]

So with that...I can see I'm getting silly...have enough of the endorfuns going on...which means it is past my bedtime. I love it!!!

Sleep good everyone!!

[group hug]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement