LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Got to laugh about this disease... what's your funny story!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got to laugh about this disease... what's your funny story!!
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, so today my muscles/tendons/bones are really hurting.

Was at the groc. store today and went to bend down to get something on the bottom shelf, and on my way up, I let out a groan.... Man next to me gave me a look like I had just made a noise like from "When Harry met Sally"....

I made excuse lightly like,"worked out too much yesterday" and keep strolling out of that aisle asap! (I'm a single gal, and this guy was a pretty good looking single guy too!!)

So... What's your story... We need to LAUGH.... [spinning smile]

What have you done with your pills, at your dr. office, out in a store... Let's hear it and lets LAUGH.... [woohoo]

This disease takes everything out of us.. .we need to at least get back our laughter somehow!

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hadlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you can't make it better, you can laugh at it.
Erma Bombeck

--------------------
Lyme, Babs, Fry Bug..... Whatever it is, may a treatment be discovered to make us all whole again!

Posts: 941 | From AZ-MT | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hate to be the party pooper... but this needs to be in General Support .. Thanks for keeping things light!! [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My alarm on my cell phone went off during an LLMD appt. The alarm was to remind me to take my afternoon dose of amoxy because I'd always forget it. I guess it demonstrated the extent of my memory issues.

The first time I took Mepron at a restaurant, I went to the ladies' room. Everyone looked at me like I had the plague. From then on, I took it at the table, and if it was a big party, seldom did anyone notice, even at my own table!

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is sort of a "moms only" story but I'll post it anyway.

Since I've been sick I've lost 60 lbs and gone from a size 12 with a D cup bra to swimming in size 2's and an A cup bra.

The other day my 4 and 8 year old boys were trying to persuade me to have another baby. I told them I was too sick to care for a baby and that they would have to care for the baby.

My 8 year old said that he would feed the baby. I reminded him that babies have to nurse so only mommies can feed them.

At that point he asks me if I still have na-no's (a term he made up for boobs when he was a year old and wanted to nurse.) I told him "yes". Then he says to me, "I don't see them!"

I guess I really need to gain some weight!

Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hadlyme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 6364

Ah.... Jlp38..... Cute story... and you know.. someday the body will come back! Enjoy the swimming in a size 2! I went down to a 6 in my first treatment... now this time in treatment I ballooned to a 10/12 and really wish I could lose even a pound!

We could probably write a book on what all we've gone through... funny and sad.

--------------------

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just had a Lymewalk in San Francisco, going down our main street, chanting, giving out awareness slips.

People asked if they could take their pic with us. I asked several why they were interested in having a pic with us. One answer: "Because we're on a scavenger hunt."

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last week I went to the pharmacy to pick up my Malarone prescription.

The very young, enthusiastic pharmacy tech said "Mrs.*****, I take it you are headed out of the country?" I simply replied "no" and she stepped back a good 3 feet from the counter w/ a mortified look on her face!

It was pretty amusing.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rerae
Member # 28438

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rerae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The other day I was heading for work. I was talking to a friend on the phone as I was getting ready and was looking everywhere for my sunglasses. After 10 minutes of looking, I realized they were on my head.

As if that wasn't enough, I then started looking for my phone! It wasn't until I mentioned something to her about not being able to find my phone that she informed me I was using it. *rolls eyes* oh geez. That's when I knew it would be a long day ^.^

--------------------
*~*Rerae*~*
Bitten 3/98, Diagnosed 9/04
Treated 3 weeks, then pushed aside.
Need good doc to pick back up.

Posts: 25 | From Erie, PA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Misfit
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Misfit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sent my DD a text message yesterday, and then held my cell phone to my ear waiting for it to ring.

I held it there for quite a bit before I remembered that I had sent a text message and not made a call!

Posts: 624 | From Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bashibazouks
Member # 28286

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bashibazouks     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got the flu vaccine on Friday. The following conversation ensued:

Nurse: Do shots make you nervous?

Me: Not anymore! I had to get 5 in my butt last week.

Nurse: Oh my goodness, what was that for?

Me: Antibiotics for Lyme disease.

Nurse: How long have you had Lyme disease?

Me: Oh, 20 years now.

Nurse: *very concerned, clearly in disbelief* Oh.. that's.... interesting.

--------------------
Currently infected with Lyme, Babesia, Ehrlichiosis, Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever, Mycoplasma, & Q-fever.

10 months into treatment, currently on Bicillin, Rocephin, Doxy, Biaxin, and Mepron.

Posts: 87 | From USA | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ryansmom
Member # 27456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ryansmom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
DS, 11, went to local teaching hospital for a SPEC scan. Tech came in, all was fine. Rep from anaestheology came in, son took one look at name badge and said, "Student! Uhh, uhh! Bring me a Doctor!"

Student was a RN with 20+ years experience, but was training to be a nurse anaestitist. So, he was a STUDENT. We all laughed!

Posts: 28 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlebit27
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 24477

Icon 1 posted      Profile for littlebit27   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I almost passed out in my local grocery store at the pharmacy picking up my meds.

A passing RN and the pharmacy tech had to give me orange juice and sit with me for a while. I had my 6 year old with me.

At the time it was scary, but now I have to laugh about it. And the Tech remembers me and tells me no more passing out when I go in, lol.

--------------------
*Brittany Lyme Aware on FB*
http://littlebithaslyme.wordpress.com/

Posts: 2310 | From Southeast | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i have tons of these. too many to mention.

haven't done anything really outrageous lately except putting milk in the cabinet and canned goods in the fridge. and forgetting to get clothes out of the washer...

and not ordering what i want in a restaurant. we always argue over that. he swears i order something completely different than what i want.

just my usual routine.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hoping to come back and read what others wrote when I don't have that snow blindness like thing going on with the eyes.

But, for now thought of this thread when I was driving out of town the other day.

There is a banner that tells what is going on or coming up.

I read the banner as Guilt Roundup when I first saw it.

Later noticed it said Quilt Roundup.

Story number two...I need to keep to myself when I am out as I just don't process what people are telling me and it makes the brain hurt more.

But, ran into a lady while out in the forest who talked about her dog for a bit and eating somewhere in the forest and then putting her son in the car while she took the dog for a walk.

The putting the son in the locked car while she took her dog for a walk didn't sound quite right.

She said I would see the car on my way out.

So, I did see the car and did check for the son in the car....no son...don't have a clue what she really said to me.

Best keep to myself! Less confusing. [Smile]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I already posted above but this is pretty fun. Or sad, I'm not really sure.

I decided I need to get out and about more, I took a bit of a backslide last month and I've been a bit of a recluse trying to get myself feeling better each day...

So I went to a yoga class and had to fill out a form. One of the questions was "What is your health status". Very poor being worst, Excellent being the best.

I very confidently circled "excellent"!!!!

I keep telling myself I felt excellent at that moment. I'm going to believe its foreshadowing...

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a hard time riding in cars with poor shocks, due to having weakened joints.

Once I was in a somewhat bouncy taxi and asked the driver if he could please avoid hitting the potholes in the road.

He obliged, and next thing we knew, a policeman pulled him over and asked, "Are you dur-RUNK?!"

I spoke up from the back seat and said, "No, but I am!" The driver and I started laughing, and the cop didn't know what to make of us!

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam - Here's my sign dyslexia:

The sign said "Survey Crews Ahead."

I saw "Screwy Curves Ahead."

I drove very carefully.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about running out of gas? I forgot to get gas on Monday, and on Tuesday night I returned from a concert and my car died just as I drove into my driveway! UH OH.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Lymetoo, at least it was your driveway and not someone else's!

Some of these are pretty funny.

Boxermom, now some of us could read your post as Screwy Crews and Survey Curves.

How about the first time I called CALDA, to reach the California Lyme Disease Association? I'm chatting away about Lyme, and the woman is listening,

and finally she says, we don't deal with Lyme disease. Turns out the organization with that url is the California Legal Documents Assistants.

Hm - I wonder how often someone calls and "educates" them about Lyme?!

PTrain
Member # 28773

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PTrain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know if this is funny or ironic or both, but guess what town I live in? Yup. Lyme. I live in the Town of Lyme in Upstate NY. Wonderful.
Posts: 54 | From Northern NY State | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cjfrank
Member # 26985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cjfrank     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One day last week I awoke to the morning alarm as usual. I have it set to music to help me to wake up easy.

The alarm went off and my husband got up and headed downstairs to the kitchen to fix me my morning cup of tea.

I managed to get out of the bed, put on my robe and slippers, and headed downstairs to the bathroom.

After using the bathroom I went into the living room like I always do to watch the morning news prior to starting my work day.

My husband brought me in my tea and turned on the television to watch the news.

I sat there drinking my tea for a good 5 minutes or more, staring at the tv.

Finally, I got up the nerve and told my husband that I was going to have to call out from work again.

He asked me why, what's wrong. I told him that I couldn't see the tv, it's just too blurry and that there was no way that I was going to be able to work all day on the computer if I couldn't see it.

He stared at me for a few seconds and then got up and left the room. He came back with my glasses and said, well, honey, maybe if you tried putting these on it would help.

It did and I was able to see again. He told me that I wasn't going to get out of working that easily. We had a good laugh over it.

--------------------
cjfrank

IGG Western Blot - negative
IGG Bands Detected - p18
IGM Western Blot - positive
IGM Bands Detected - p23, p41

Posts: 49 | From Maine | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anthropisces
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anthropisces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have Lyme rage so bad. In retrospect I'm glad of it because sometimes, when I doubt that I have these diseases, I can recall how far I've come.

A couple of years ago I had rage that was way out of control. I'm a technical professional and have a pretty hot computer system provided to me by my company, with very fast processors, and cards and all the gizmos. It is all taken care of by our sys admin. Anyway, one day I was really raging, as I had been for weeks. I was absolutely incredulous at the tiniest inconvenience.

At one point some little inconvenience set me off. I probably recieved some information that didnt sit well with me, or maybe I couldn't find a piece of paper I was looking for withing a two second time limit. In any case, I became so enraged that I grabbed my computer mouse and tore it off its cord. In the process I shorted out my computers USB system.

The guy in the cubicle across from me started laughing because he saw the whole thing, including the little pop that occurred when I tore the mouse off. I just stood there, panting, holding the mouse in my hand, feeling like I'd really given that mouse hell for being part of whatever was inconveniencing me.

Then I had to spend about three weeks without USB capability on my machine. I also had to contact our sys admin and explain that my USB system was shorted. Thankfully all of that rage is gone. It produced a few comedic/tragedies though.

Posts: 152 | From West Palm Bech, FL | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement