LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » See Burrascano March 21

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: See Burrascano March 21
jblral
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 8836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jblral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
PUTTING LYME BEHIND YOU: CUTTING-EDGE WAYS TO HEAL FROM TICK-BORNE ILLNESS

Dr. Joseph Burrascano, one of the world's leading experts on Lyme disease, will discuss the newest, most effective methods for treating tick-borne illness in a special northern California appearance March 21. He will be joined by a panel of Lyme-treating physicians. More details at:

www.lymedisease.org

Posts: 991 | From California | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RESOLVED.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RESOLVED.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lucky west coast people!!!
Posts: 246 | From south florida | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonder what these new methods are.

Why doesn't Burrascano tout his method more often?
The one written in a few books?

The Hit and Run (high dose Ceftin for 3-4 months, take break allow cyst form to 'kete, high dose ceftin 3-4 months, rinse repeat)

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seekhelp
Member # 15067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seekhelp     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why doesn't he go back to being a Lyme doc and start helping us all more? [Smile] That would be best.
Posts: 7545 | From The 5th Dimension - The Twilight Zone | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
blinkie
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 14470

Icon 1 posted      Profile for blinkie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with seek.

But, I think he doesn't tout his treatment because it's more complicated than that when you toss in co-infections.

Anyway, I live 2.5 hours away and my doctors group is hosting this event. I will be there.

Posts: 1104 | From N.California | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moving to general support

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
onbam
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The CDC's got one of their tools, a doctor named Ben whose last name starts with a B, going there 10 days before to try to create an inhospitable climate for Dr. B. Par for the course...

People should go there and call him out, and let him know they know why he's there.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marine2783
Member # 24982

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marine2783     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet!! I live in Santa Rosa. I'm Going!!
Posts: 56 | From California | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sickntired19
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21949

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sickntired19     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
@Resolved Lucky us if we live close enough and feel good enough to go.

I wanted to go but I live 9 hours away and I'm trying to figure out how I am going to go get my refills tomorrow....Lyme sucks!

Posts: 265 | From Oregon | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
5vforest
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 5vforest     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by seekhelp:
Why doesn't he go back to being a Lyme doc and start helping us all more? [Smile] That would be best.

While it would be nice to have another fabulous LLMD treating patients, you forget that he probably is able to affect more people's lives by touring and speaking.
Posts: 340 | From san francisco, ca | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seibertneurolyme
Member # 6416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seibertneurolyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
See the March issue of Public Health Alert. Scott -- The Better Health guy -- has written an article on this new approach. Actually I think the one behind it is not an LLMD -- he is an ACAM doc that some may recognize his name.

http://www.publichealthalert.org/pdf/2011_3.pdf

Bea Seibert

Edit -- I was wrong. These appaear to be 2 different approaches. The article in Public Health Alert is a good read though. Deals more with chronic illness -- not specific to lyme.

One of the docs at the Dr B conference has the same last name (Dr G) and that was confusing me.

Posts: 7306 | From Martinsville,VA,USA | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I disagree Seek. I believe it's best to have him out of the office working on research and education for a much larger group of ill people.

I know his patients are disappointed but I truly feel he is working with a very lyme savvy group of medical, science etc, that will help all of us much faster.

Maybe I'm in lala land. But I've got to believe our help is coming.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement