LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » What are you grateful for?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What are you grateful for?
Geneal
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 10375

Icon 7 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all.

Since Katrina (lost my house and most all in it),

I tried to find one thing a day to be grateful for.

Sometimes it wasn't much, but it was something.

I read a quote the other day about loving yourself and having something in your life to be grateful for.

Even if all you could be grateful for was that your dog didn't bite you that day. [Smile]

I have so many things to be grateful for.

Some days more than others, but always something.

I do believe that the healing of my spirit began there.

I also believe, for me, that spiritual healing went hand in hand with my physical healing as well.

Maybe, just maybe, if you think about it....

You may have something to be grateful for too.

Sometimes that little glimmer of light is all we have to guide us through the darkness.

Sending out a message of hope to all for wellness and peace.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful Geneal. This crucial to our recovery. Speaking of my blessings helps me to stay on course.

I am thankful for my job, my beautiful mother (who is my rock), my husband (who stands by me through thick and thin), my beautiful, wonderful amazing girls (who are the sunshine of my life).

And thank God for the ability to endure this pain, for my perseverance through too many months of ups and downs. For the glimmer of hope I hold on to when I read stories of those who have gotten "well".

Ahh we DO get well, that is what I am looking forward to and trusting GOD all the way.

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I looked at Katrina as a blessing. How could I not?

I lost my house, but all my family and animals survived.

What a blessing!

I have always been grateful for Lyme. Not for being ill but because....

It allowed me to see the disease in my children and get them diagnosed and treated.

It allowed me to develop a better relationship with God and myself.

It allowed me to grow in ways I don't think I would have.

Prayer led me to this site.

Lymetoo answered my prayers by telling me about my LLMD.

Just my diagnosis was such a blessing.

I was so relieved to know I wasn't crazy or that I didn't have a brain tumor like I thought.

Hope and faith will carry you when everything else seems bigger than you.

Sometimes we provide that for others who have lost all hope.

That in itself is a blessing.

Sending prayers of healing and peace to you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right now, I'm grateful to have YOU back here! You provide positive support and light!

I'm grateful to be well even though I have other health problems ... I have nothing to complain about!

-

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, I am so glad your family and animals survived Katrina. I can't even imagine. May God bless you and yours in tenfold of what you lost.

Lyme too, nothing to complain about sounds amazing. I try not to complain but haven't had many great days the past month. I have to consciously think about what I do have in order to survive.

Knowing you are well is very encouraging for so many of us.

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dear friend Lymetoo.

It's great to have nothing to really complain about.

Same here.

I felt as though something was missing.

I neglected my friends here.....I am sorry.

It wasn't lack of thought so much as lack of any time.

We go back to school on Monday.

We've been off one week for Mardi Gras holidays.

I haven't posted a success story yet...not sure I'm a "success" as much as a work in progress. [Big Grin]

Great to see so many people who have been there for me keeping the light shining for others.

Hopefully, I can contribute something to someone else out there.

Love ya' lots!

Hugs,

Geneal

kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. I am grateful to see you back here. Missed you.
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm grateful that God gave me a wonderful husband and daughter. I don't know how I would've been able to endure this illness without their love and compassion and tolerance of me.
Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking about this thread this am since I am such a grump right now. HA!

Trying to refocus.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is an awesome thread.

I am grateful to have a place to live and plentiful food to eat (there are so many that have neither)..praying for the people in Japan.

I am grateful to have a husband that stands by me no matter what.. I'm also grateful for a wonderful mother & step father. The three of them give me the strength to get through this.

I am grateful for my dogs, they are like my babies and they bring a smile to my face daily. Somehow it is always right when I need it the most..

It may sound crazy, but there is one way in which I am grateful for having to go through this.. It brought to light the fact that my mother has been struggling with this disease for years without proper diagnosis..and because of what I'm going through and my symptoms, she insisted on a test from her regular doctor about 5 months ago, which was positive.. And now today is her first LLMD appointment. I'm thrilled that she is able to start seeing someone that can actually help her.

I am also grateful that all of this has strengthened my relationship with God.

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RESOLVED.
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RESOLVED.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You go girls!!!, this is exactly where we need to be. Yes, this disease(s) is horrible and very depressing, but we really do have a lot to be thankful for. How we handle the injustice of the Lyme controversy, how we react to the next change in meds, it's all an example to those around us,

We lose our lives, we lose today ,this minute, if we waste it being bitter and ungrateful. We need to LIVE every day, not waiting until "when I get better" to live. I love reading these kinds of threads, thanks. [Smile]

Posts: 246 | From south florida | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I grateful for so much...

May faith in God. I would not have hope without Him. He's walked with me through the good times and bad.

My family and friends that love me and have not given up on me.

My pets that make me laugh and comfort me.

My doctor that continues to try to help me feel better.

That I have access to medication, supplements, and treatments.

That I have a home, food, clothing, and so much more.

That I live in this great country where I'm free.

For my education and the jobs that I've had.

For the opportunities that I've had to travel and see different parts of the world.

There's so much to be grateful for, all we have to do is look around.

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I am grateful that the excedrin helps to take the edge off of the inflamation in the brain.
unsure445
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 15962

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unsure445     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grateful for the many lessons I have learned from having this disease.

--------------------
unsure445

Posts: 824 | From northeast | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm grateful for the few times I feel back to myself home with my Husband that sticks by me and a 15 year old that is a typical 15 year old. Can't be grateful for any part of this disease that has taken much of what made me me, but I have a life, hopefully that will become whole again. Grateful I have docs trying to help and friends. My immediate family sister has this too, but we don't talk often. It's taken much of her too. God bless.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4Seasons
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 14601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4Seasons     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with RESOLVED - I want to live every day. It's been 30 years with Lyme for me and I'm not waiting to get better to enjoy the things I can.

I am so grateful for my family, my friends, my pets, my LLMD & LLND.

I am more than grateful for my daughter's Lyme recovery.

I have no idea who or where I would be had I not been bitten 30 years ago, but I would not have my husband or my daughter, and I find that I quite like the person I have become, so there is much to be grateful for.

--------------------
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain."
Anonymous

Posts: 450 | From California | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole2011
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30672

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole2011     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
although i just started treatment & going thru a hard time trying to cope. im grateful i caught this disease early & im still able to speak even tho some days i thought i couldnt... I'm grateful for support from my mom although she live 7hrs away.. & im grateful for this website to help me [Smile]

--------------------
Neuro-Lyme (possible bart)
Symptoms started Jan 2011::Diagnosed Feb 11th,2011::
*Anything is possible thru God who strengthens me*

Posts: 775 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I am grateful for the reclining power chair with leg lifts and that I was able to get up and get dressed and get Rosie out to toilet this am for a short bit.

it was good to be out. Amazing how just being able to get out of the house helps.

Grateful for the computer and for it being next to my bed so I can lie down and rest and be on the computer which helps take my mind off of lyme and gives me something I can do.

Hoping I will be able to take a sit down shower some time today. It always is a treat when I am able to get cleaned up and put clean clothes on and have clean hair.

Geneal
Member # 10375

Kam,

I am grateful for you.

Give yourself and Rosie and big hug from me, okay?

Hugs,

Geneal

chiquita incognita
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Geneal, I may not know you, but I love you already for your amazing attitudes!! Thank you!! This is inspiring to me.

I am grateful for this thread, and for the reminder to stay gratitude-focused instead of worrying about things. YOu are so right.

And we must live every day, right on, to the fullest!

I am grateful for the absolutely beautiful people in my life!

That I have a love of my life's work which gives me inner joy and fulfillment.

That I have a husband who is such an unswervingly solid support and such a wonderful man.

For all those who show up in our lives at just the right moments, who have *Exactly* the right things to say, all the matching experiences, and the ability to support and "hold" us along the way.

These are all signs of God, Higher Power, Guardian Angels, Fate....call it what you will...being with us every step of the way, watching over us and guiding us every moment.

I am grateful for the laughs and coincidences in life!

For the little kid jumping like little jumping beans on the hopscotch board and making me laugh instead of worry about things!

The book drops off the shelf...to just the right page which I Need to read at the moment! This has happened to me on a few occasions in my life, and is one more reminder that the Powers that Be are watching and are there...down to such details!

Best wishes to all, much recovery, and hope!

Hope, gratitude and laughter may be our best medicine! Love you all for this, and thank you all!

Best wishes, CI ps google Laughter Yoga, the youtubes are fantastic, you will love it. PEople laughing for absolutely no reason at all, no jokes cracked, no sense of humor required, just group laughter infecting each other...and immune rates respond, clinically proven! Interesting, interesting.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This journey has been long and rough but I am grateful for many things, people and experiences/knowledge. OM, the virtues learned, changes for the good in my being.

I've felt that there was a purpose for me. I just don't know yet where this is heading.

I'm grateful for my angels. Without them I wouldn't be here today.

Thanks be to God.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Squeaky Clean
Member # 31064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Squeaky Clean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Geneal for your words of wisdom.

This is my first reply on the flash board. I am thankful to have found it and thankful to you guys. It feels like a great community. I have not been officially diagnosed. However, I believe that after almost 30 years (since summer of 1983) and MANY, MANY doctors, that I will most likely to have finally found a diagnosis which is correct. I am thankful for that. I am thankful for the person who suggested (more and more often) that I check out lyme disease. I said I was about to go to a good rheumatologist about my joint pain. Yeah, right?! I am going to get in touch with a LLMD today who I hope will see me with Medicare as my insurance. I pray to my higher power to make that happen. I am thankful. I am thankful for the prospect of doing better...

Besides, being thankful in my heart for things, I try to thank others frequently, even about little things. I also try to help somebody in some way every day. When you give you also receive.

Posts: 7 | From Rockville, MD | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm grateful for all the wonderful people on www.lymenet.org !!
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Haley
Member # 22008

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Haley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am grateful that every time I think I have too much to handle God provides.

I'm grateful for the people who have stuck by my side even though they don't really understand what I am going through.

I'm grateful that I am far more grateful than I used to be.

I find myself happy about doing dishes, laundry, being able to put together a cohesive sentence. The small things that I always took for granted.

Thanks for the link. Needed this today.

Posts: 2232 | From USA | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Wow. You guys inspire me everyday!

Welcome to the board Squeaky Clean.

I keep all of you in my prayers and thoughts.

Here's to us fighters.....who, despite everything,

Keep on going forward. Sometimes one painful step at a time.

We are all the best of the best.

A testament to the human spirit and faith.

I am so lucky to have so many Angels in my life.

That would be all of you.

Hugs,

Geneal

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement