LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Is Dr. Oz Losing His Mind?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Is Dr. Oz Losing His Mind?
Hambone
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now he's endorsing that people with inflammatory bowel disease treat it with....

drumroll...............................

Swallowing Whipworm eggs and letting the WORMS infest your intestines.

He says they get rid of inflammation.

Opinions?

Is he nuts?

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I think I'll just run down to CVS or Walgreens and buy me some fresh Whipworm eggs.

NOT!

This man seems to be getting nuttier everyday.
( And the dancing...oh lord. )

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw that show! Someone just posted the article on that the other day. It's somewhere in General.. I'm still looking!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MariaA
Member # 9128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MariaA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's not nuts, this is based on some current research that's fairly well accepted by the scientfic community (not that doctors and the FDA approve of the treatment yet, but scientists think it works some of the time). I have a friend who's doing this (we checked out photos of her colonoscopy (I think that's what it's called) the other day, and indeed, there are little worms in her guts now)- it's not approved in the US but there's a complex immune system reason for why this treatment sometimes works.

Remember, this is an alternative to someone having to get their colon removed and to be on a colostomy bag for the rest of their life- the 'conventional option' is fairly drastic.

--------------------
Symptom Free!!! Thank you all!!!!

Find me at Lymefriends, I post under the same name.
diet: http://lymefriends.ning.com/group/healthylowcarbrecipes
Homemade Probiotics thread
Herbal Links Thread

Posts: 2552 | From San Francisco | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

It's hard to take him seriously anymore ( since he's had a show ).

One minute he's playing a game show with the audience for laughs, then he's recommending swallowing worm eggs and getting yourself infested, then he's dancing 2 minutes after that for more laughs and acting like a kook.

Any doctor who says I must swallow worm eggs to save my colon better not be doing the Macarena on national tv.

map1131
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The dancing is because he's competing for ratings with Ellen. I haven't watched him for a few months.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seaweed brain
Member # 29547

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seaweed brain     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Ellen [Smile]
Posts: 34 | From southern CA | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eat worms or inflammation?

Tough choice.

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
John S
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19756

Icon 1 posted      Profile for John S     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lyme or some ridiculous sounding therapy, tough choice.
Posts: 743 | From New York | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

quote:
Originally posted by map1131:
The dancing is because he's competing for ratings with Ellen. I haven't watched him for a few months.

Pam

I used to really respect Oz.

His show has become more like The Price Is Right Meets Ellen Degeneras Meets Richard Simmons, with a little bit of The Doctos thrown in for good measure.

Trust me. I have LOTS of gut inflammation that it doubles me over. I am in no hurry to go swallowing worm eggs ( in fact, I'm doing the opposite with Parastroy at the moment ). The way the segment was presented, it was "Have GI inflammation? Eat worms!" Nothing really about do this or lose your colon kind of thing.

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hambone, don't say never dear! You never know what's in the future.

I remember the day maybe '03 I seen a post on this site about coffee enemas and laughed. Oh my goodness these people must be desperate.

I am, we are.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RDaywillcome
Member # 21454

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RDaywillcome     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another article about this therapy.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=helminthic-therapy-mucus

Posts: 1738 | From over the rainbow | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we thought all those parasites we were carrying aroung were a bad thing!

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

It might help initially, but how can being infested with worms not cause other problems down the road?

Is it fixing one problem and silently causing another? Where is all their excrement going?

NOT saying it's bad just yet, but I wouldn't go rushing into something like that without knowing the longterm effects.

I was conditioned to view parasites as bad things that steal your health. Now their saying to willingly eat them to restore your health.

I guess I'm just having a hard time comprehending this because it came from someone who pours a good bottle of Vodka on stinky feet and then dances.

Loonie1980
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loonie1980     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey all,

Didn't see the show you're talking about BUT his number one treatment for 'looking younger'? Not a word about exercise, healthy diet, stress free life, etc...RESTALYNE!!

I almost fell out of my chair! He sounded like a walking commercial for all the stuff they inject into your face for you to look like Courtney Love or those other Hollywood losers.

Wow, what a message he sends sometimes!

Posts: 182 | From hills and valleys | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

I've thought he tries to keep his messages upbeat.

Health issues can be such a downer. Do this. Don't do this. Next day the opinion changes on what's good and what's bad.

I think he's just trying to keep it light and interesting. Yes, he's out there. He certainly thinks outside the box.

We don't see many like him. Hambone, he's a dancing happy doctor. Haven't you ever seen a happy doctor of medicine? lol

Pam

--------------------

pmerv
Member # 1504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pmerv   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They use a special kind of worm that normally doesn't infect humans, so they don't survive that long in the human body.

--------------------
Phyllis Mervine
LymeDisease.org

Posts: 1808 | From Ukiah, California, USA | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ardraneala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardraneala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
fecal transplants for C. Dif can cure it in one "dose". all you gotta do is get a donor, preferably a family member and get it put up there with a tube.

--------------------
Listen. That's all we ask.

Posts: 172 | From toronto | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Loonie1980
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 18637

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Loonie1980     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi stillwater, I agree with you completely! I love your description of "clown".... that is he is!

Another Dr. Phil.. and.. another Oprah-sensationalism, I'm sure he's raking in the millions thanks to all those unsuspecting viewers. [Frown]

Posts: 182 | From hills and valleys | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i never thought he had a brain to begin with.

of course, i ain't no oprah supporter either....

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

quote:
Originally posted by ardraneala:
fecal transplants for C. Dif can cure it in one "dose". all you gotta do is get a donor, preferably a family member and get it put up there with a tube.

I know somebody who had this! Grossest thing I ever heard. His transplant was done through an endoscopy and through the stomach to the small intestine. Worked like a charm.

The good bacteria get implanted and you feel better and go on about your business.

But there is something unsettling about being infested with whipworms and knowing they are imbedded in your intestines and wiggling away. [shake]

I'm sure it's a legitimate therapy, but so hard to take anything seriously from Oz anymore. He's not the one I would take his word for it.

ardraneala
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31416

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ardraneala     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
which one would you feel most comfortable telling your boyfriend about?

--------------------
Listen. That's all we ask.

Posts: 172 | From toronto | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
canefan17
Member # 22149

Icon 1 posted      Profile for canefan17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he's lost it too.

He had someone on today telling people fish is no good and has lots of bad fats, Olive Oil is bad (all oil is bad), no chicken, no eggs, no animal protein at all, etc etc

Oz is starting to take anything news worthy and run with it. I don't like when he endorses these extremists.

Posts: 5394 | From Houston, Tx | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement