LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Christian believers (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Christian believers
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
God help you Scott! I pray all goes well for you today.

This is my 1st visit to this thread. I know so many of us are in need. God help us.

I have been in an emotional rollercoaster lately.
I've been thinking/praying about this for a while now and would appreciate anyone agreeing with me in prayer.

I have been in prayer for a year or more about buying a house. I am 46 and on disability and my dh has tried for 3 or more years to find a job elsewhere and move us to a larger city to no avail. So, we decided to stay here in this tiny town and make the best of it.
All I want is to have my own place that I can make a home for my family in. Renting here is hard and finding any kind of rent house with 3 bedrooms is extremely difficult. We have one now but rent is high and house is old and in need of much repair.

I've been working with a realtor to find a house I can purchase outright with my retirement money from my state job I had. I was there for 9 years so I have enough for a fixer upper.

I found a HUD home that I liked and wanted back in Aug. but it was way over my budget. The price kept lowering until finally it was in my price range. Our realtor said she had no info. on it so we contacted the company 3 hours away and they set up a showing for us. I just knew the house was perfect for us and put up earnest money and told her to put a bid in for us.

They did not accept our bid but gave her a "bottom line" price. They gave us one day to respond. I told her to go ahead and give them that price.

Days later she called and said someone must have outbid us, she couldn't find the info anymore. But, she didn't have any confirmation of what went on.

I tried and tried to contact her with no results. The listing had been removed from HUD website. I finally got to talk with her on monday and she said basically the same thing.

I asked her if I could bid higher. She didn't know??? SO, I told her to give them a bid for the full asking price. (the last one) I can barely do this, as it will take my entire retirement check plus the money I have here. I will have to pay for title with my next disability check.

I have not heard anything back from her. I REALLY want this house. I know I won't be able to find anything comparable for the money.

I have never prayed for material things, ever..so this is new for me. I can't afford to have a mortgage so this seems like my only option.

When I had put in the 2nd bid, since they responded with a number and gave us that day only I thought that was a done deal, SO, I requested my retirement check to be sent, as it takes a week or two to get it. Now, my check is on the way but I may have NO house to buy with it.

Also, I have been saying for months as I drive by the house when picking up my dd from school, that it's mine. I've been telling her we would end up in that house, even when the price was way too high. Just something about that house, I felt it from the beginning.

It's not a fancy house and needs alot of work. I don't feel I'm asking for something extravagant...I just want a place that can be ours..that's it.
We lost our 4 bd double wide with 10 acres when I had to quit working and we filed bankruptcy about 6, almost 7 years ago. With all the medical bills, and I was primary bread winner there was no possibility of keeping it.

Sorry this is so long. My heart is just very heavy about this right now.
Thanks for any prayers!

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pray for Alice, who is having surgery today to remove a malignant liver tumor.

She has young children.

She is the sister of a friend of mine.

Thank you!!!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you Scott and twicebitten!!

Keep us updated!

--------------------

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Joyce Meyer's Broadcast today was titled, "Trusting God When You Do Not Understand, Part 1".

It was very good...as are all her messages.

If you would like to view it, you can find it at this link.

http://www.joycemeyer.org/broadcasthome.aspx

--------------------

linky123
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all my faithful friends,

Prayers sent for those undergoing surgery and those with heavy hearts and in need of God's perfect peace.

Please pray for one of our youth group leaders who broke his neck two days ago. He made it through surgery - no paralysis. All the doctors were amazed at how 'lucky' he was.

We all know where that 'luck' came from. Though he is doing well, please keep praying for Daniel, he has a long road ahead and a baby due any day.

Thanks everyone. Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Linky,

I am praying for Daniel and thanking God for protecting him so far.

--------------------

twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for prayers Dekrator!

I just wanted to update: I contacted the asset manager of the HUD house and evidently it is "under contract" which is not my contract as I haven't signed any papers. Someone else got the bid. SO, to me that means it's over, unless by some miracle the deal doesn't go through and we get another chance.

I don't know why I'm so upset over this, but I am. Maybe it's some of my bugs being overactive making me more emotional or something. Or, maybe it's because I feel all I ever get lately is disappointment. My dh can't find a job anywhere that will pay enough for us to live. He has a job here, which I'm very thankful for, but he hates it. So, sick of it.

I had to quit flying to see my llmd due to the increase in rent and am trying to treat myself. I don't think I'm any worse than I was, because I was getting worse the past year. At least I've been trying some different meds. I had been on the same protocol for over 2 years and it just wasn't working. LLMD would not change it.

I have another house in mind I want to look at. My dh is angry with me and says I've been "extra grumpy" since the whole house thing. I haven't meant to be. He seems extra sensitive. I guess it doesn't help all this is here during the holidays. And now my dd wants us to drive 41/2 hours away for Christmas with them and my mom and sis. They were all supposed to come here.

Dh has to work (for an hour or so) each day until Tue. I'm sure he is not going to want to drive there and back in a day. I may have to just drive down with my other dd, but then that leaves him here alone. I'm not sure what to do.

What I'd like to do is crawl in a hole and stay there until the holidays are over..and when I came out the realtor would call and we'd have a house (one we could live in and I could afford) ready for me to buy, my retirement check would be here, and everyone would be happy to see me. That would be great!

Back to reality..not sure I can make everyone happy on the holiday plans. Not sure I'll ever find a house I can afford that will work..not sure my treatment choices will help anything..

I'm reading this thread and trying my best just to be thankful as my problems seem miniscule compared to others here.

Everyone have a blessed and wonderful holiday

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So many here have such serious problems so I'm not sure this is the place for me to be with mine.

This is the day of Christmas Eve and nothing is getting through to me. I've had a beautiful uplifting time up until now in anticipation of this time for remembering His coming to earth and being with us in Spirit and in my life these many years.

I have beautiful Christmas CDs playing and it's just not getting through to me today. Except to cause me to cry.

Headache has returned along with heart pounding fatigue. I was ok with the disappointments about how Christmas would be spent with family but then all turned out well and now I'm depressed and don't know why.

Just feel lost and feeling bad I've lost the Christmas Spirit.

Wishing all a wonderful holiday and prayers for all of you--special prayers for those who are in a real crisis.

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Twicebitten... I'm so so sorry about the house. That really stinks. Maybe you will still get it.. or God has something BETTER in mind for you. More houses may come on the market in January.

hugs and love to you

Praying for all those who requested it...

hang in there Marz... God is reaching out to you now.

[group hug] [kiss]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for everyone who has hardship. This can be a hard time for many people and for many different reasons.

But we are celebrating His birth...what a wonderful, unfathomable gift that is!

Praying that all can rest in His promises...all of them and that you may bring those promises to mind during struggles.

He said He would never leave you or forsake you...He promised.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jarla
Member # 20398

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jarla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Merry Christmas friends! I have not posted here on Lymenet very often, but I am a fellow Lymie.

I am also a pastor, and I recently started an online ministry for people who are chronically ill or disabled and are unable to be actively involved in a local congregation.

For those of you who are unable to attend a church service this weekend, I have prepared an online Christmas Eve worship service especially for you. It is available at http://www.peacechapel.org/content/christmas-eve-2011

Peace and Blessings!
Jill

Posts: 8 | From Chicago | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

thanks lymetoo and everyone else for prayers. I was able to attend church for Christmas eve service and it was wonderful. My dd went too and it really helped get my mind off all this "stuff", and the church was decorated so lovely. I really felt peaceful.
Hope you all have a blessed holiday season.

--------------------
One day at a time

Marz
Member # 3446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Marz     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And He did come Lymetoo,
Beautiful candlelight service at church last night.

"the hopes and fears of all the years...met in Him" always.

Thanks for prayers all,

Posts: 1297 | From USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi there,

Bumping this up for any <<<<< Lyme Family >>>>>, who want to keep posting,praying and asking for prayer!!!

I don't come on all the time but I appreciate this post and the God Tho'ts post as well!!!

Jus' that Silverwolfi [Smile]

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please pray for my dear friend's son who was nearly killed in a skiing accident. He has a heart for God and is only 21yrs old.

He has a head injury and is still unconscious.

His name is Caleb.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scott, Have you received the results from you MRI? God is in control; He is faithful.

twicebitten, Praying that God calms your anxious thoughts and goes before you making your path straith in 2012.

dekrator, Always appreciate your encouragement and prayers for the Believers on Lymenet. We really are a family and one day will be together forever in the perfect place. \o/

linky, How is Daniel doing? And his help mate/wife? May the Great Physician do a miraculous miracle for this precious family in the Almighty Name of Jesus.
My familly calls that "blucky" that is a cross between the words "bless" and "lucky". [Smile]

Marz, Pray you're doing better. We had a wonderful Christmas Eve Service too. God's presense was sweet. You shared, "the hopes and fears of all the years...met in Him" always. Beautiful and Amen!

Lymetoo, So sorry about your dear friend's son. Praying for God's healing touch on Caleb. May god totally heal Caleb and he live a long life serving God as a man of faith just like Caleb in the Blble. Also supernatural wisdom for the doctors and peace for all.

momindeep, Such great news you share...He never leaves us or forsakes us!

Jarla, Look forward to checking out your link.

Silverwolf, So glad you "bumped" this thread. I've been blessed too catching up with so many posts.

God bless you all with a wonderful hope-filled 2012...after all our God is the God of all hope and we can trust in Him!

Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying for Caleb!!

Also praying for healing for all!

--------------------

faithful777
Member # 22872

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faithful777     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found out I have inflammation of the optic nerve in my left eye. LLMD okayed topical steroid drops but if my vision changes, I will have to take oral steroids to save my vision in my left eye.

She said to make sure I take my antibiotics with the steroids if I start losing my vision. Please pray that the topical drops work.

--------------------
Faithful

Just sharing my experience, I am not a doctor.

Posts: 2682 | From Colorado | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Member # 18239

Praying for you, faithful!!!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement