LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My husband just left me!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My husband just left me!
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 4 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, I am in excrutiating pain, going through herxes, and trying to work full time.

This has been going on for 4 years.

My husband also has Lyme and Bartonella.

He just left me.

I will be his friend forever. I warned him many times that the anger and frustration that he has been feeling for the last 4 years is due to :

1. not having any support from relatives and friends through this time

2. Financial stress

3. Lyme rage

4. Your father dying

5. Your daughter is very sick from Lyme, Babesia and Lyme

6. Your wife almost dying from Lyme and Babesia and Bartonella

7. Normal every day stresses.

8. Bartonella rage

9. feeling tired and sick from having to work 60 hour weeks.

i will let him come back,

He doesn't understand a whole lot right now. He acts a bit autistic now. He get confused and forgetful. He is tender and loving and funny, then angry and frustrated.

I need support and prayer. I don't want to leave him, but if he can't stand me, and if I annoy him, i sure would love a man to be there for me, and help me through all this.

I don't know what to do.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcaringella
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24848

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mcaringella   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just pm'd you.
Love,
Michelle

--------------------
Blessings to you!

Posts: 141 | From Southern California | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry that this is happening to you and your family.

I will be supporting you in prayer. Nothing is out of God's sight or out of God's reach-He will never leave you.

PM if I can help further.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
METALLlC BLUE
Member # 6628

Icon 1 posted      Profile for METALLlC BLUE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After that list, it's no wonder the guy is having a break down.

Listen, even iron can be broken if enough pressure is applied.

The guy just can't handle his own mental and physical problems, plus life, plus every other stack of burdens being placed on him. He can barely survive being in his own body so he's being forced to let go of everyone else. It's probably the last thing he wanted I'll bet.

This is probably his way of just avoiding doing more damage to you or anyone else too. It's not you or your daughter personally that he's blaming I think, it's awful circumstances that have worn everyone to down to dust. Give it time, and you take care of you.

The guy will likely come back if he can get enough support and strength back. He can't really get that strength from the family since he probably feels like he should be taking care of you all -- but he can't, he's powerless.

Anyway, I'm not in his shoes, but if I was, and I dealt with the list you provided, that's what I would feel and do.

--------------------
I am not a physician, so do your own research to confirm any ideas given and then speak with a health care provider you trust.

E-mail: [email protected]

Posts: 4157 | From Western Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
daisyrlb
Member # 15686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for daisyrlb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May God give you peace in the midst of this storm.
Posts: 2188 | From Oklahoma | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you, missing!

God is near to the brokenhearted!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHdcyue0bSw

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laura_W
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laura_W     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs and prayers.

[group hug]

I hope that by reading our messages that you gain some added strength. You must be a very strong woman. To be dealing with all of this on your shoulders.

Praying for you

--------------------
10/10 EIA 1.4+, 41 (IGG), 23 (IGM)
Bitten over 20 years ago.
Currently not treating, looking for a Dr who will work with my insurance lol.

More muscular, cognitive, nerve issues than joints. Facial droop and blurred vision.

Posts: 323 | From Michigan | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so very very sorry. i got dumped by my first husband and even when i didn't have lyme, it was devastating.

i will be thinking and praying for you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hope thongs turn out good. I'm so sorry. God sees all, you just get tired of god doesn't give you what you can't handle. One minute at a time.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone.

I don't know if he will come back.

This has been going on and escalating for 20 years.

I love him so much that I even started a blog dedicated to how wonderful I thought he was.

I didn't know how else to communicate this too him.

I bought him stuff. Worked two jobs, even though I have had Lyme and co-infections for the last four years (and Lyme for over 25 years!).

I put make-up on everyday, bought nice clothes, baked, cooked and cleaned even though the pain from Lyme was so bad that I was collapsing on the floor screaming!

And I still put make-up on and made love to him, daily, for the last 23 years that we have been married, and no matter how sick I felt and how much pain I was in.

I tried to be perfect.

HE has severe Lyme rage, Lyme autism started to affect him.

HE was acting more and more autistic and actually really out of it, and dumb.

10 years ago, before his dad died, he told my husband to be nicer to me and to be more supportive because he wasn't at all. HIs dad noticed and said that I was really nice and his son should be nicer to me.

HE just constantly tells me how annoying I am.

I try to lift him up, honour him and love him, but sometimes I would angry and frustrated at him, because no matter how many times I reminded him of how sick I was, and how excruciating the skin and body pain was he would still scream at me because I forgot something at the grocery store, or because I didn't buy him a brand new truck......or whatever issue he had with me that day.

I would drag myself out of bed everyday, just trying to survive.

HE didn't tell me that he was sick and in tons of pain.

I just figured it out one day.

So I sent him to the Lyme doctor. He herxes really bad, and he is herxing right now because he just started his intense Bartonella treatment.

I warned him that the herx might manifest as crying, suicidal thoughts, anger, annoyance and that he might really feel like he dislikes me.

I kept trying to reach through to the real man that he is.

The funny, loving, Christian man that he really is.

I don't want him to regret this, but I can't handle being called a f'..... b'.........

(and all the other swear words he says to me and calls me.)

He also says that he can't stand his mom and brother, and they are both okay, leave us alone, and aren't worthy of that sentiment.

--------------------

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone.

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs and love, missing. I feel really bad for the both of you because you are suffering so much.

I will keep you in prayer too.

[group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's at his wits end, God love him! And you are tried and true....he's obviously so frustrated. Gosh, I don't know what to say except that it won't always feel this bad. It's not YOU, it's HIM. You cannot internalize his lashings and moods because they really aren't directed at you.

My Mom used to say "Tomorrow will be better". I now believe her...

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
missing,

he needs time and be alone at the moment.
Don't push him. Try not to call him, it is too much now.

You have been perfect but that might made him also feel bad, because he is not.

Sometimes in difficult times it is better to separate, a year later this might be different.

If he acts autistic now even your love is too much for him, they want to be alone and not talk. As he is sick I would respect it and do not take it personal it is his disease.

Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hambone
Member # 29535

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hambone     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I were there, I'd totally be splitting a carton of ice cream with you right now and lending you a shoulder and an ear.

{{{{But here's a cyber hug}}}}}

God just has so much faith in us that we can handle Lyme and this crap on top of it....sigh :/

Posts: 1142 | From South | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Missing,

I'm so sorry for your pain. You didn't drive him away, so therefore there is nothing you can do to bring him back. Let him go.

Sending prayers your way. May God's love, peace and grace carry you through your time of need. God Bless.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by scorpiogirl:

I'm so sorry for your pain. You didn't drive him away, so therefore there is nothing you can do to bring him back.

-
Very true.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
missing...I'm so sorry you are & have been going through so much. Sometimes the pain can come from many directions.

Though weeping endures for a night joy comes with the morning. I'm praying for you that this night will be short.

You are strong to have put on your best face and worked and loved through all your own pain. Keep fighting....it may feel it, but you are not alone.

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My thoughts and prayers are with you Missing. I'm so sorry for both of you.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
missing, I'm so sorry for your pain. Maybe tomorrow I can find some words of comfort for your situation.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wow, it sounds like your entire family has been hit rough [Frown] i hope somehow it all works out for you...
Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ditto to what karenl said:

Member # 17753

posted 10 June, 2011 07:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"missing,

he needs time and be alone at the moment.
Don't push him. Try not to call him, it is too much now.

You have been perfect but that might made him also feel bad, because he is not.

Sometimes in difficult times it is better to separate, a year later this might be different.

If he acts autistic now even your love is too much for him, they want to be alone and not talk. As he is sick I would respect it and do not take it personal it is his disease. "

AND MY THOUGHTS:

and sometimes it is right to separate...it was the right thing for me. i was better off. he was better off. our kids were better off. i never would have thoght divorce could end up a good thing but for us it did

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Karen's advice too - it might really be describing him during this time. In the meantime, you need to take care of you and your daughter.
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geneal
Member # 10375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Geneal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly feel your pain.

I am dealing with a similar situation right now.

Prayers to you for peace and healing.

Hugs,

Geneal

Posts: 6250 | From Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nefferdun
Member # 20157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nefferdun     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I feel really bad for you but I think you need and deserve some peace yourself. Put yourself first for a while. He needs to learn the door can be locked from the other side. When he understands that you value yourself, that will help him control his impulses better and not say or do thoughtless and even abusive things.

We are all sick and we all have moments when it gets the best of us. But we are all capable of apologizing. It sounds to me like more is going on than bartonella rage. It is better to face this now rather than later. It is a lot like lyme - treatment sucks but it is better than the alternative.

--------------------
old joke: idiopathic means the patient is pathological and the the doctor is an idiot

Posts: 4676 | From western Montana | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
norcal
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for norcal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im praying for both of you to get well and reconcile.
Posts: 342 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Thanks, He came back.

I wrote another post about it all.

What wonderful support here.

He is trying to catch up on all the housework.

We are both working tons.

WE both collapse and cry alot.

His mom could care less.

WE would have no money for meds and for LLMD appointments if we didn't work.

I have the type of job where you never get a day off!

We are worn and weary to the bone.

--------------------

linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So glad he is back. Your list of troubles is enough to break anyone. You are a doll to be so understanding.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement