LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » what do you look like?? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: what do you look like??
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i know we all talk about weight, etc., going out in public but i'm curious....what DO you look like?

i'm wider than i am tall right now!!! no seriously...

i'm 5 feet, and 195 right now. brown hair green eyes...still have a good complexion tho.

i wish i could loose weight. when i first got lyme i dropped to 128, looked great but then i skyrocketed on all the meds. just can't seem to loose it.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randibear, my chiropractor puts people on an Isogenix program, and they lose weight - I think it makes people feel full and they still get good nutrition. He calls it "releasing weight."

Well, I carry a bullhorn around with me wherever I go - you know, direct traffic, get bicyclers off the sidewalk, etc.

You can see me in action at www.lymedisease.org - CALDA 2011 Lymewalks, pics on the right - I'm the only one with a bullhorn - can't leave home without it -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 5'3", 126 lbs, light brown hair with green eyes. My driver's license says "blond." Was blond most of my life and now my hair is light brown. Very weird. I am 60 yrs old and have about 10 grey hairs on my head. [Smile]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
philly78
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 31069

Icon 1 posted      Profile for philly78     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 5'3, 96lbs. Dark brown, sometimes black hair if I get bored with it. Hazel eyes, olive skin. 33 years old but some days I feel like I'm 90.

--------------------
When faced with pain you have two choices....either quit and accept the circumstances, OR make the decision to fight with all the resources you have at your disposal.

Posts: 1000 | From PA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hahaha!! You're all tiny like me! LOL

Thought I was the only one here who is vertically challenged at 5' 98lbs.

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I was only 102 pounds at 5'4" tall; that was when I lost weight because of LD. Now that I am on antidepressants I have gained up to 134 pounds. This is the most I have ever weighed. I have dark brown hair and brown eyes.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5'6", 185 pounds, license says 150. Brown hair with blonde streaks. 51 years old and feel every day of it. Was 140 pounds when I got married 21 years ago.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
every body already knows how old I am..161 last time I looked.

I did go on my famous 5 rod diet last October and lost 25 pounds in 25 days. Wouldnt recommend it as cost efficient diet.

Cost me 2000 bucks a pound,,,see what I mean!!!!

Since then those 25 are gone and another 25 to 30 more since. My main problem is my belt keeps stretching.

I have to cut another hole in it EVERY month for quite a few in a row. Pretty soon I can go around me double.

I am down to 210 to 215 and cant remember being that size , but sure I was...just sooooo long ago, working it off gradually

and I do mean working. 4 days at a regular job and four days at other projects 10-12 hours a day,,,100 miles apart,,trying to catch up

You heard of tall dark and handsome,,,I am short fat and ugly,,,and oh so tired. wish my Tylenol bottle was handy,,but its not,

I forgot to grow all the way up,,,wish I was about 6' 2" but must have not ate all my taters cuz about 4 inches too short

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Green always said "If you cant be handsome,,,you better be handy"

In my case I better be double dandy handy!!!!

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scorpiogirl
Member # 31907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scorpiogirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just Don, you made me laugh so hard! Thank you I so needed that!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1391 | From Lyme Land | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MY GOODNESS.....what do you look like and we all go to weight? Guess with Lyme you are slim or carrying a few...

I am blonde( ok my hairdresser makes it so). Spiked hair
Blue eyes. 5'4"
I lied on my license about my weight, not telling it now. Suffice to say I am now on weight watchers, painfully watching every piece of no point broccoli go into my mouth.
Week 2 and I haven't gnawed off my arm or chased the dog for her food...can't promise next week. Kitty could afford to lose a few, might start with his food.
I think it would be so fun to all be well enough to meet somewhere and match our "names" to the faces.....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This was a fun read! justdon, you are still the oldest here - dogsandcats, I thought we were going to read about your little pointy or floppy ears, fur and tail -
Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am barely 5'2", 105 lbs. Very petite, small frame. Straight and fairly long blonde hair, dark brown eyes. Somewhat fair to medium skin tone (I am Austrian/German but also have some Native American in me).
I turned 30 in May.

This thread is fun to read!

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
triathletelymie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for triathletelymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Blond...49 (50 next Friday...yikes!) ...5'8"...160 lbs. ('would love to be the 135 pre-lyme though! [Smile] )...

--------------------
? date of bite/no rash
10/09 symptoms, 4/10 diagnosed, after 6 mos. ER visits, tons of docs/tests
CDC+ 23/39/41/45/58/66/93
currently on oral plaquenil, doryx, rifampin, pyrazinamide, nystatin, numerous supplements

Posts: 718 | From Pennsylvania | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme918
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme918     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brown/Blonde hair, 21 years old, 5'8", 130 lbs., medium skin tone I guess, getting lighter every day.

Very interesting thread!

--------------------
Lyme918

Posts: 188 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Asian, straight black hair (shoulder/back length)- 34 yrs old
5"3, 102 lbs

ACTUALLY - this is really what I look like - I wish I were a penguin then I wouldn't have LD!

-

[Big Grin]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I look happy because I feel good right now! [Smile]

I look sweaty because it's dang hot up here!!

Ten bucks to anyone who can guess the year I was born... [Big Grin]

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ah, geez, i think i'm the oldest -- 62!!!

i dated a guy in high school that sounds like you payne. he was tall, well over six feet, medium build, and very nice.

if i could only loose this weight and get back to 128 i'd be in hog heaven...

--------------------

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well this is what i look like when i go to the dr. (the only time i leave the house)

super baggy pj pants (often with some kind of cat print) and a mens xrta large t shirt which i could fit 2 of me in. with a long sleeve baggy hoodie with the hood up,covering all my hair and draping over my sunglassess. the sunglasses rest on top of my mcs mask which covers the bottom 2 thirds of my face. and to acessorize, either slipper like shoes or actual slippers. oh , i almost forgot i also acessorize my ears with earplugs,but the hood cover them.

this is the only way my new mcs dr saw me.

do i win?.... most original...most unusual ensamble.... least likely to be recognized?? [Smile]

--------------------
multiple chemical sensitvity group:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/multiplechemicalsensitivities

Group for artists. All media welcome:
http://www.lymefriends.com/group/creativecorner

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Lyme_Artist

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

azure you should like a bag lady!!!

i put on white pants, big loose top, flipflops, no jewelry, cause it doesn't fit anymore since i gained weight.

i do wash my hair but since it's short i just do it in the sink and it dries in minutes.

no make up...

i figure if i look too good they won't take me seriously...

oh and very dark sunglasses. i cna't take this bright texas sun.

--------------------

jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"i figure if i look too good they won't take me seriously..."

randi--ain't that the truth? If we go in looking all healthy, they'll figure we're just crazy! Actually, most of the days I figure I am so I don't really care anymore.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for AZURE WISH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my appearance has to do with symptoms.. i wish i could try to look semi normal...i left out one thing. my sunglasses are clipped to my regular glasses that broke earlier in the year. the arm is masking taped on. (my mcs prevent me from getting a new pair)

--------------------

Posts: 3860 | From nj,usa | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chubby and getting chubbier! Blonde, blue-green eyes, glasses, 5'5". My face turns red easily. I have large bones so my feet are too big for my height! But at least I can walk on them now thanks to treatment!

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

This is a pretty amusing thread -

Payne - and here I thought you looked like your first action figure...

And stillwater, you blew it - you first said you were older than dirt - that would have meant that you were older than Justdon here, who claims to be the oldest, at 161 yrs young. So Justdon still has that honor...

penguingirl - well, at least you're dancin'...don't tell anyone, but I read that the penguins in Antarctica are getting TBDs - so reported a cruiseship news item - meaning, I think, that birds have flown everywhere with their little nonpaying passengers -

Azurewish, you'd be good at trick'rtreating - who dat?

James, you were born in 1979?

randibear
Member # 11290

YeAh well I'm the only one that's tAller when I lay down!!!

--------------------

James1979
Unregistered

Robin - I knew you would figure it out!
Listen, if I ever meet you at a protest or something, I'll buy you some coffee. [Smile]

momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Payne, you and I are the same age [dizzy] I am dishwater blonde with a streak of gray only on one side of my head...I wear my hair long (left over from the 60's-70's eras).

Green eyes with a deer caught in the headlights look.

Glasses, but I do not look intellectual. 5'6"...used to be 5'7"...so Randi you can relate.

About 135 pounds give or take whether it is summertime or winter.

Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm covered in mud, going through menopause, and can't stay on WW worth a hoot.

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

James, I'm smart - and for you: what color was George Washington's white horse?

You can come to SF in Sept for our Lymewalk and buy me some coffee then...green coffee - [Smile]

Garbagedump - now I'm dumb - what's WW? And why are you muddy?

penguingirl
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Robin123:
[QB] This is a pretty amusing thread -

penguingirl - well, at least you're dancin'...don't tell anyone, but I read that the penguins in Antarctica are getting TBDs - so reported a cruiseship news item - meaning, I think, that birds have flown everywhere with their little nonpaying passengers -

Oh noooo - poor penguins! [Frown]

I guess no creatures are safe from those ticks!

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am 5'5", 145 pounds (at my sickest I was 185), 38",32",38"

Hazel eyes, olive skin, short brown hair with a few grays here and there. I used to dye it but I don't bother anymore... don't want to add the toxins to my body.

Anyone who wants to know what I really look like can PM me and we can be facebook friends.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

quote:
Originally posted by Robin123:
You can come to SF in Sept for our Lymewalk and buy me some coffee then...green coffee - � [Smile]

Green coffee?! Dang, Robin... I didn't realize you were so spoiled! Now I ain't buyin you nothin.

At least if I go to the Lymewalk I'll be able to spot you easily - You'll be the one riding the pony! [lol]

Robin123
Member # 9197

James, are you renting me a pony for $10? If so, I'd like you to come dressed as a giant spray bottle and spray the pony so it doesn't pick up any ticks along the way...

Penguingirl, I agree - poor penguins - save the penguins!

lou
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 81

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
5'9" 116 pounds. I miss my muscles.
Posts: 8430 | From Not available | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Robin - Are you trying to kill me? What did I ever do to deserve this kind of treatment?�You know very well that if I come dressed as a spray bottle, the environmentalist groups will kick my ***! [Smile]

Lou - my muscles are shrinking too! It's annoying. I lost 15 lbs in 2 months. Now I feel like a wimp.

Robin123
Member # 9197

Waydaminute, James, you'll be spraying nontoxic tick repellent, labelled Orange Guard, but btw you and me, it'll be water for the walk, and refreshing, but don't tell anyone - [tsk]

Hm - muscles - do they need some mg?

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by just don:
Red Green always said "If you cant be handsome,,,you better be handy"

In my case I better be double dandy handy!!!!

-
LIAR!! You are good looking, mister!! [Smile] (now he's going to get the bighead [Big Grin] )

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by momlyme:
[QB] 38",32",38"

-
Now THAT is funny!! [lol] I haven't heard anyone say that in years!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

momlyme
Member # 27775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My mother is a seamstress... I was trained to know my measurements.

When I was younger, I was 36", 26", 36"

When I was at my sickest, my waist had reached 36"!

Working on diet and detox to get back to where I am comfortable.

--------------------
May health be with you!

Toxic mold was suppressing our immune systems, causing extreme pain, brain fog and magnifying symptoms. Four days after moving out, the healing began.

Posts: 2007 | From NY/VT Border | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Is it okay for guys to post their measurements also?

I have to go find me a rope! [Smile]

fatherguido
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fatherguido     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In college, I used to look like my namesake but the mustache and mullet are gone. RIP the 80's.

5'7" 212 pounds

Posts: 199 | From Let's Go Pens! | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmmm. i'm surprised. i remember reading that 80% of us are fat and 20% skinney. but it sounds like a lot more on here are skinney.

i'm one of the fat ones. short and fat. sort of dumpy.

but PTs say i have muscles and i know i have them when i get to riding regulary. someone told me i had an hour-glass figure once...sort of recently-i had to have her take my pic for a before and after pic for a diet i was going on....but it may be so but i am waaaaayyyy too big in the big parts. i hate pics of me riding cuz my butt is as big as the horse's.

i have hazel eyes...long dark hair with grey streaks...(when i was younger i paid a lot of $ to put those streaks in my hair...now it is natural.)

my toenails are usually painted cuz my hands don't let me cut them anymore so i have to pay to have someone do it. but i bite my hand nails...they need to be short for the barn.

this is a fun thread. oh-and i wear glasses all the time. i have the tinted lens so don't need dark ones like i used to. maybe light sensitivity part is better too

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Ipkayak - don't feel bad for being overweight. Every single person is extremely beautiful just the way they are!!
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I said it somewhere but I am in week two of weight watchers.
I put on 20 pounds so fast, I got scared. Before I just shrugged the weight gain off, but this was toooo fast.

I won't lose too fast cause I still can't exercise enough to help.
But at least I am not going to pile the weight on.

I haven't starved yet....

James...I think you are right, we are beautiful the way we are.
Through this horrid illness, the ugliness it brings out in our body-the beauty of kindness, compassion, concern, etc
Shines thru our hearts, which is where true beauty lies.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When my husband and I met, I looked like Cybill Shepherd from her Moonlighting years, and he was a dead ringer for Willem Dafoe!

Not so much, anymore.

I'm 5'6", goal weight 135#, straight blonde hair, brown eyes. I looked significantly younger than my age all through my 30s. At 42, not so much.

My Lyme husband is 6'1", 185#, brown hair, blue eyes, 45 y.o. He's been hitting the gym for over a year, and it shows!

Lyme has not been kind to our skin. I think we would both look better with tans. (Not happening.)

Our male Boxer, Seamus, is fawn with flash, 8 y.o., 90#, with a big block head and a huge smile. Floppy ears.

Our female Boxer puppy, Olive, is 40# (at 4 months old), fawn with flash, gorgeous face, floppy ears.

Our cat, Maki, is 10 y.o., but looks young for her age (as she would certainly tell you), a svelte 6#, grey with white socks and white bikini. She is still hoping that we will sell the dogs. (Not happening.)

[ 07-23-2011, 10:56 PM: Message edited by: BoxerMom ]

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

D&C: Amen, sister! [Smile]
And if someone doesn't like us because of the way we look... well then, we don't need such "friends" anyway.

When I was in school, I used to ask myself: "I wonder... if I had been overweight, or uglier, or had some kind of a facial defect, etc... I wonder how many of my current friends would have still been my friends?"

Unfortunately, there are a lot of shallow people in America.

Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by James1979:
Is it okay for guys to post their measurements also?

I have to go find me a rope! [Smile]

-
[lol] [lol]

momlyme... that makes sense!!! [Razz]

kayak .. maybe the heavier people don't want to post about it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

randibear
Member # 11290

oohhhh, wilum dafoe...hot...

and i'm one of the ones who gained. initially lost, then up it went...

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...the beauty of kindness, compassion, concern, etc
Shines thru our hearts, which is where true beauty lies."

ahhhhhhh. thank you. and thank you too james.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not myself, but we are all one with each other.

From down at the river, Peace to all.

-

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great picture Garby.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

whoa, the sixties were good to you.....lol

--------------------

map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I'm 36, 36, 36. That's not age either, that's 54. 5 feet 4. My weight gain during the last 12 yrs is in my middle.

I've lost 17 lbs since 2nd week May and all my clothes in my closet now fit me. Two years ago I woke up one morning with expanded waist. Had to go out and buy new capris for summer.

Weight lost is from skipping lunch M-F and drinking a protein delicious nutritional shake. Talk about doing some major detoxing......this shake sure did clean out my colon.

GI issues in the last month are gone. I'm whispering this and knocking on wood. Eating almonds as snack and drinking almond milk. Eat more fresh fruit than ever in life. Fresh veggies I crave.

I don't care about skinny waistline, them days are gone. Amazing what happens when the colon flows properly.

Healthy BMs are key!!!!! Wonder where I've heard that before? Some German lady named Gigi, I believe. lol

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yay, map! You go!! (Pun not intended.)

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Well, yall know that down here in the dump, we hippy freaks live off the land. But we do have some amenities. Like a real ice box, where we store fresh bird kill until we have time to pluck the feathers:

-

--------------------
Chiropractic.

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

We keep the road kill in the meat keeper.

--------------------

Billy Graham

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Are those old hippies or new?? [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

James1979
Unregistered

You guys really eat road kill? Seriously?

I thought only Texans eat road kill...

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

times are tough all over....i just tell the kids it taste like chicken and called it street chicken - like street tacos.

--------------------

Billy Graham

Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Californians are a different breed.

--------------------

Billy Graham

kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Randi,

I went to being a fit 5ft 7 inch person, size 8 I think, able to wear a bit of make up, ear rings, necklace to....

a size 18, can't wear jewelery or a bra, rare I am able to put on mascara, eyeliner or lipstick..

Right now, I have my hair in two clips on the back of my head just to keep it out of the way and have been sleeping with it that way to so it is looking pretty messy

I am able to brush my teeth at least once a day now

And shower at least twice a week now with the help of a sit down shower

So, focusing on what I look like is not even on my radar most days...

being able to get dressed is..

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
right now my gray roots are about 2 inches with the rest of the hair colored.

A friend is coming next month from out of state....she will color my hair for me.

I can't get use to it being gray and feel better once it is colored.

It most likely needs cutting to but getting to the salon is not in the picture right now

With the heat and humidity the natural curl and friz is going amuck

If I can hold out the summer, I might like having my hair a bit longer than the really short do I had for a long time

It is long enough I can clip up the sides a bit now close to the face to keep things out of my face

Wondering how i would like it if it were long enough to have hair down my back and the sides clipped back.

Or pull it up in some how

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

I gained weight on the gabapentin.

I have tried not taking it but pain in body is worse than the weight

randibear
Member # 11290

yeah, believe me. i was sharp at 128 and then wham...gained up to 195. i mean it, i'm huge....i hate go out and do things. i'm a size 18 and nothing seems to work.

i've done jenny craig, nutrisystem, fasting, you name it, don't work.

i've become a hermit...i have little patience with people, crying children, etc., noises bother me, i'm exhausted all the time, absolutely no sleep, well ya'll know...usual lyme.

i lost my life..

--------------------

James1979
Unregistered

Randi, have you tried following the "proper food combining" diet? A lot of people lose their excess weight on that diet, and it's very healthy.
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
randi and kam, this illness will try to make you lose yourself. It is so destructive to our mental, physical, emotional and spiritual being.

You must fight back. Keep pushing it back so it doesn't win. You might want to think of it as evil and how does one overcome evil and take control of yourself.

Very very difficult. I know from experience. Don't let it take you into the dark corners. Come out swinging. Not literally, you might slug someone.

Pam

--------------------

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

Garbagedump... that is what our fridge would look like if my little boy, a cat, could figure out how to open the frige door [Smile]

kam - is it back/neck pain that prevents you from wearing a bra? I only ask because i havent been able to wear a bra in years cuz of pain in neck and back.

(and i am an old lady and gravity is not kind [shake] )

i keep my fingernails supershort too(when i am capable of cutting them) it is a habit i got into in high school because of artwork and clay . continued through college and even though i havent been able to work on my art much in the past decade or so do to illness i know my fingernails are always ready [Smile]

I am also another one of us who lost all muscle. in the last 10 years or so i have been stuck on the couch/bed for at least half that. I havea wicked amount of atrophy.

--------------------

JeniferM
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JeniferM     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I stopped wearing a bra quite a while ago because of the pain it causes in my ribs both front and back. Sure does hurt. I have rather large breats, so it's a bit embarassing to jiggle when going out it public, and gravity is taking its toll, but I can't tolerate wearing them anymore no matter how soft the seem to be. Any squeeze around my ribs is not tolerable. I'm usually okay when I don't wear one, but every so often my back will feel like it swells and gets really sore right where the clasp would be for the bra if I wore one. So, something is definitely causing some sort of swelling or pain in that area.

--------------------
IgM: [18++,31+++,34++,41++,83-93+] [39 IND]
IgG: [41 IND]
Positive according to IGeneX. Negative according to CDC. Negative for co-infections.
Currently treating for Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia

Posts: 225 | From Minnesota | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by James1979:
You guys really eat road kill? Seriously?

I thought only Texans eat road kill...

Don't you know that all Texans are rich!? I think you have us mixed up with Arkansas or Mississippi.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
they are only rich because everything is so cheap there...

im 32 years old 5 10 130lbs brown/blondish hair. skinny, some people tell me if i dont gain weight i could die. i think its mean to say.

you can see me on lymefriends, not that you would want to.

i did see lymetoo on there. kind of what i pictured

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AZURE WISH
Member # 804

that is mean junkyardwily.

when i was 101 lbs everyone kept looking at me like it was the last time they were going to see me. My people were kind enough just to think it.

i am up to 113 on a heavy day...YAY me!

--------------------

one4islands
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for one4islands     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
46 year old pear shaped female.

Was a blonde for many years and 8 months ago when brunette.

Now a light-med brown with subtle highlights.
I look nothing like my driver's license.

Brown eyes,medium complexion with some freckles on my face and lots of freckles/moles on my body due to being a sun goddess that I now wish I was pasty white.

I have big ears that are hidden by my hair. They say your ears get bigger as you age, I will be in big trouble as I see evidence of that in the older men in my family.

34/24/35 5'5" and 108 pounds. Sz. 0-2 depending on brand.

Cannot gain weight no matter how hard I try and I am an eating machine.

My brother who saw me for the first time in 8 months told me I was too thin and looked sick.

I think I am skinny, but have been that way all my life including pregnancies.

Years ago my family thought I had HIV or was a drug addict because I was too skinny.

When stressed, I easily lose weight.

Fortuntately, I have well-toned body upper muscles,ripped abs and killer biceps for a woman without really trying.

Negative- the veins in my hands and lower arms are huge, but disapper when I raise my arms-magic.

I have super long arms, that fall about 6 inches above my knee.

One dr. questioned marphan syndrome, but I didn't meet other criteria.

Long arms are nice for reaching and the best, no one has to apply sunscreen to my back.

I am able to cover the entire back using both arms-lol.

Heavier in my upper legs with some beautiful cellulite I have chosen to accept as I can't get it to go away even with exercise.

My once, very firm tush is slowly dropping off and heading south.

I am a caucasian female and friends would always say I had the butt of a black girl.

I always took that as a compliment, as I love a nice round butt.

I may have to purchase some butt pads from Frederick's of Hollywoods if they still sell them.

I am very comfortable with my body.

If I could put on 10 pounds it would make me look healthier.

My face gets very gaunt when loosing weight.

Posts: 412 | From Virginia | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

you can have 75 of mine.

--------------------

JunkYardWily
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 24271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JunkYardWily     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
how bout we split 37 each?

--------------------
sick since 9-09
igg, 18,23,41 reactive
igm, 41 reactive

Posts: 436 | From Kansas City | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

I couldn't understand how come some of us can't put on weight and others can't take it off?

Knowing that all of us aren't fighting the exact same bug or several bugs????? It's still so puzzling.

Like everything else about this illness....Weird!

Pam

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement