LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Just got home from the hospital .. again....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Just got home from the hospital .. again....
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sigh.... Heart issues again. Changed meds 6 wks ago when I ended up in the ER with Low BP .. (passed out)

Last night my heart woke me up at 1:30 a.m. .. Very frightening to wake up to a heart rate of 145! My BP was 156/84.

Came home at 6 pm today. On a different med now. Will see cardio tomorrow.

Off to bed I go! [hi]

[ 09-26-2011, 10:55 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DKat
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 30941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DKat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Lymetoo, not again!

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Feel better quick!

hugs, [group hug]

--------------------
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 Two people are better off than one, for they can help each other succeed. If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.

Posts: 338 | From NEPA | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James1979
Unregistered

Icon 1 posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering where you were today! I hope you feel better soon!

While you were gone there was rampant chaos amidst the forum. People were using words like "ass" frequently, and I was surprised that it wasn't filtered out by the forum software.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry that happened to you!

Praying for you dear friend!

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JessJoy
Member # 33443

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JessJoy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is it NMH? (Neurally mediated blood pressure.) THose were my first Lyme symptoms.
Posts: 42 | From Virginia | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymenet, I am so sorry.

That is why I went to the hospital two weeks ago.

They sent me home.

I hope that you are okay.

Maybe I should go see a doctor.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
penguingirl
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28688

Icon 1 posted      Profile for penguingirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh no Tutu, take care of yourself!

Hope you have a good appt tomorrow..

[group hug]

--------------------
 -

Posts: 1204 | From USA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
missing
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 22437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for missing     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Lymetoo, I just called you Lymenet!

I am just feeling really aweful today.

--------------------
I am not a doctor. I have no clue.

Posts: 606 | From somewhere out there | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LymeGoAway
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 25041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LymeGoAway     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry you're not feeling well again. Waking up in the middle of the night with a racing heart is terrifying--I've been through it many times with my hypoglycemic attacks.

Hope you get this figured out soon.

Posts: 227 | From Northeast | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys!

James .. you're supposed to self-edit foul language! [cussing] Yes, I knew my absence would result in mass chaos!! [lol]

No, no NMH .. I have A-fib and tachycardia if not controlled by heart meds. Sometimes nothing controls it.

My med was changed when I passed out 6 wks ago and then the new one was causing trouble. Not sure what the cardiologist will say about it all. It's been a rather complicated situation the past 5 days.

Feel better, missing!! [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
karenl
Member # 17753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for karenl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry but the truth is it is time for parasite treatment. Talk to the people who had this experience and are ok now.
Posts: 1834 | From US | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel better, good luck tomorrow.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pinelady
Member # 18524

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pinelady     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry tutu...Did you get some IV antibiotics while you was in the pokeu?

I mean while they was pokin on u ?

I'll be saying some for ya to get thru this.

That heart stuff is scary-- a 4 antibug combo got me thru it...And some parasite treatment to boot...

Get well soon...

--------------------
Suspected Lyme 07 Test neg One band migrating in IgG region
unable to identify.Igenex Jan.09IFA titer 1:40 IND
IgM neg pos
31 +++ 34 IND 39 IND 41 IND 83-93 +
DX:Neuroborreliosis

Posts: 5850 | From Kentucky | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I learned all sorts of things that normally would ave been edited out..so get all better soon!

I am sorry you had to go thru it -again....

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry, will be praying for you. [kiss]
Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kgg
Member # 5867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kgg   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Scary stuff, Lymetoo. Hope the cardiologist has some good advise for you! Stay well!

Hugs,
Karen

Posts: 1687 | From Maine | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jane2904
Member # 15917

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jane2904     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck and hope the Dr. figures it out. My sister is going through the same thing.

It is awful.

Feel better

Posts: 1357 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
payne
Member # 26248

Icon 1 posted      Profile for payne     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymetoo,
RECIEVE. many are behind you..
Go ahead - pick out of the gifts the Lord has for us, a big Blessing in health and guideness...
a chocolate covered cherry in healing..
or maybe a big carmal apple of health..
we care much for you, just sit and absorb
wayne

--------------------
TULAREMIA/rabbit fever ?

Posts: 1931 | From mid-michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mom2kids
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 31972

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mom2kids     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are still going throughthis and I hope they (docs) get it straightened out soon for you. Take care of yourself...

Psssst, it was James causing all the chaos...shhhh. Just saying...

[woohoo]

you know, while the cats away!

--------------------
Down on her knees, she wept on the floor.
This hopeless life, she wanted no more.
Dead in the mind and cold to the bone,
She opened her eyes and saw she was alone. ~Seether

Posts: 427 | From Rhode Island | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

quote:
Originally posted by mom2kids:

Psssst, it was James causing all the chaos...shhhh. Just saying...

[woohoo]

you know, while the cats away!

-
I figured as much!! [Big Grin]

No abx, Pinelady. Don't want them!! They tried to fill me full with sugary foods though and gluten on a gluten-free diet. Happens every time I go there. They got told too!! Ridiculous!

I get revenge on the survey I will be receiving. [Razz]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Rene
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 4870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Praying for you tutu. We all appreciate you so much on this site and hate that you are going through this.
Posts: 366 | From Louisville KY. | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
map1131
Member # 2022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for map1131     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got to find a way to keep you out of them hospitals. No telling what horrible illnesses you can pick up there.

I hope your cardio guy can help. Lord, please let him be of help.

Pam

--------------------
"Never, never, never, never, never give up" Winston Churchill

Posts: 6478 | From Louisville, Ky | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sutherngrl
Member # 16270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sutherngrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry you are having so much trouble. Hope your cardiologist works it out for you.
Posts: 4035 | From Mississippi | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
barbaro429
Member # 33561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for barbaro429     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you are feeling better tutu! Glad you are home from the hospital.

I don't know you well; but you were the first one to respond to my first post, so I have a soft spot in my heart for you. [group hug]

And just reading all your posts have helped me to learn so much!

(My hubby is still undiagnosed; but saw an LLMD last Friday, and waiting on blood results).

Posts: 27 | From Hunterdon County, NJ | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is scary Lymetoo. I am praying that the cardio guy can fix this for you !

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking and asking the Lord for help on your behalf...so sorry for your troubles.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I am grateful to have all of YOU. It is nice to able to come here and say, "I am having a problem." And to then receive love from all of you.

Cardiologist says I most likely did have another A-fib episode and that my heart rate went down some (about 30 points) by the time I got to the hospital because my heart went back into "normal sinus rhythm" by then.

So I'm now on a new drug. I was having mild tachycardia when I was in the office and mild chest pain .. so they did an EKG and it showed arrthymias. I think it was that way in the ER too. I really think the drug I've been on during the past several weeks was not working for me.

I have to go for another EKG next week and see the cardio in 3 wks.

We're also checking thyroid, potassium (which was low while in hospital..not good, and magnesium levels) .. will get that done tomorrow.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

(sigh)

[group hug]

[ 09-27-2011, 10:09 PM: Message edited by: Lymetoo ]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

climber
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 26330

Icon 1 posted      Profile for climber     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please take care and I am glad you are back home
climber

Posts: 108 | From Connecticut | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you're feeling better! Take it easy! Whatever you need to do, do it.

Hate to tell you, but James was moderating while you were gone. He kicked off a number of newbies who didn't put any colorful language in their posts.

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aren't safe anywhere Robin...

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

I know, Robin. Six caught him in the act and threatened to ban him if he continued kicking people off!! [Big Grin] [Wink] [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

James1979
Unregistered

Hey! I can hear you guys! [Mad]

Next time talk about me behind my back! [Big Grin]

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Well.. if you're not around to defend yourself, then we have free reign!! [lol]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Robin123
Member # 9197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robin123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, first you have to turn around, James - can you type behind your back?

Gives new meaning to the phrase "ass backwards" - there - I actually typed that, and all for you -

Posts: 13116 | From San Francisco | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lymetoo >>>>>,

Sorry to hear there were more problems...glad you are home from hospital.

My Mom had *A-fib and Wegners Disease...it can be really scary for certain. A couple of my Ya Ya friends have *it too.

We'll be praying for you!

Jus' Silverwolfi

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Tutu,

Sorry you are feeling 'poorly'. You will be in our prayers for sure.

I hope the new meds are helpful. Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, linky! I had to go back to the first med I was on. Med #3 was not a happy place to be!!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, healing thoughts sent your way.

You are almost at 60,000 posts. We don't want the celebration to put too much stress on your ticker.....so hope that medication works fast. [Big Grin]

Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robin123
Member # 9197

You're right, Elaine! We should be doing a countdown...

Only 119 more Lymetoo posts to go before she hits the big one!

Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, Elaine!

I gotta get busy gabbing some more!!!! Wow... hadn't noticed that. I don't know if I should be proud or ashamed!! [lol] [Big Grin]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Elaine G
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elaine G     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymetoo, be proud.........very proud.
Posts: 671 | From Fort Myers, Florida | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
just don
Member # 1129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for just don     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
get well quick.

And for sure "Its a GOOD thing" Keep posting away.

First one to 100,000 wins______. (we arent sure but its gotta be good!!)

--------------------
just don

Posts: 4548 | From Middle of midwest | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Thanks, you two. I want to win the big prize. Do I get cash for that?? [Big Grin] [Embarrassed]

POSTING MY HOSPITAL FOOD STORY HERE:

TWICE now (once 3 yrs ago and then again this summer) I told them I was gluten intolerant. So TWICE they brought me a meal slathered in GRAVY!!!

I let 'em have it on my hospital survey that was sent a week or so following my stay. They actually CALLED me to apologize and discuss what happened.

The lady told me to tell the ER doctor next time so it would be on my chart that I couldn't have gluten. (Well, DUH.. I told my nurse!! The nurse was also upset with the food service doing that to me. I ended up not eating.)

And I agree with what James posted (previous thread on this)... that when I tell them I won't eat sugar, that then I get all this CRAP on my tray! Very unhealthy food!!

I also told the dietician that they NEVER have anything I can eat with my bedtime pills because I am offered pudding, applesauce, etc .. all full of sugar .. or they offer me crackers. Oh great..thanks!!

Guess next time I have to go to the ER, we will have to take time to take food from home!!

-------------

From hospital stay this week:
My gluten free diet:

Breakfast in the hospital on Monday included:

toast
oatmeal

Lunch included a meat pattie with GRAVY! (see post above .. same crap going on!)

Told the nurse I couldn't eat that. She came back an hour later with another tray. THERE WAS GRAVY ON THE PATTIE AGAIN!!!

Supper: GRAVY on turkey!!! The head nurse found out about it and came to my room a bit steamed!! She said, "OK .. tell me about your meals today." I told her all of the above and she was pretty upset with the food service people!

She said her unit gets the blame when a patient turns in a negative survey and it's not their fault.

So she gave me a copy of an email she sent to them after our conversation and in the email she asked them to call me.

They called the next day and apologized (sorta) and said this has only happened one other time to one of their patients.

I said NO WAY!! It has happened to me every single time I have come to this hospital .. going back 3 years!!! I guess I've been there about 6 times. I told her that her employees needed a class on this and she said they just had one after this happened. (big deal)

Bunch of nutcases! [cussing]

(I wanted to be able to find this info in case I end up in the hospital again anytime soon!)

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

SickLYme
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34104

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SickLYme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow Lymetoo,
It is incredible how often professionals don't listen to patients. I used to work in the hospital and see this constantly between the patients and nurses or doctors. So sorry to hear it! Glad you are home and feeling better.
Btw...maybe I am naive, but how would you go about knowing if you have a gluten intolerance? Is there a test for that?

Posts: 148 | From AZ | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

That story for me is a LONG ONE. I've been off gluten for about 5 yrs. Once I eliminated it, I felt better in 10 days. That is the best way to know, really.

I've probably been gluten intolerant at least 30 yrs.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

James1979
Unregistered

Sicklyme - you could do like I've done and order a test from enterolab.com. You don't need the interference of a doctor, and you can order the test yourself.

I actually have my stool sample in the freezer right now. I'm hoping to send it on monday or tuesday. I'm excited to see the results.

It was a little pricey, but I think it's worth it if you are having strange symptoms that could be caused by gluten intolerance.

It feels weird to have a piece of **** in the freezer! First time in my life I've ever done such a thing, I swear. [Smile]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement