LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Need Lawyer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Need Lawyer
MrsScampi
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 11702

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MrsScampi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a Lawyer in MA that could help me sue for my daughter, she went undiagnosed since she was 12 found out when she was 16, we have been treating ever since, she is still pretty bad, still treating with abx and now IVIG, Just fed up think her peditrician should have to pay!!!
Posts: 200 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Dr. J's office heard of this before and might have heard of someone.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
t9im
Member # 25489

Icon 1 posted      Profile for t9im   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many problems with this. One is the diagnosis where the CDC and IDSA require serological evidence without the rash or culture.

Two it paying for the attorney. Doubt they will take it on contingency.

--------------------
Tim

Posts: 1111 | From Glastonbury, CT | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And three would be finding doctors to testify on your daughter's behalf.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sixgoofykids
Member # 11141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sixgoofykids   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
moving to general support

--------------------
sixgoofykids.blogspot.com

Posts: 13449 | From Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It will be an uphill battle, unfortunately, with little chance of success...been down that road.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rera2528
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 29886

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rera2528     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I echo all of the above, especially T9im. I have some legal experience, and I think that you would have to look at the costs versus the potential gains.

Proving malpractice on the doctor's part would be difficult, given how tricky it is to diagnose Lyme (especially in light of the "standard" guidelines the medical community uses).

I feel for you. What a frustrating process this can be, particularly for parents!

Posts: 447 | From Vermont | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kellyjk4
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 19731

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kellyjk4     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First of all, let me say that I completely understand how you feel.

As a mom, I would feel the same way.

As someone outside the situation, I can tell you that I honestly think your energy (and money!) would be better spent toward helping your son get well.

I'm sorry this happened to him. My ten year old is being treated for babs right now and having a very hard time. I tried to tell his pediatrician for years that something was wrong, but he didn't agree and I didn't know any better.

I didn't know I had lyme, and then I didn't know that I had passed it to him congenitally.

Sometimes we just have to move past wanting justice, even though it sucks to have to do that.

Good luck to you and your son.

--------------------
Take care -kelly
---------------

Posts: 330 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with kelly..,

Sometimes as mom's our mama bear comes out in us and we want justice, our lives to be repaired, vengeance...you name it.

But with Lyme, it is not likely. Take all those feelings and energies and focus on your son getting well AND keeping yourself physically and emotionally well.

Someone messed up, but it would be best if you let God fight that battle.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
many yrs ago at a conference there was a lawyer who spoke and encouraged us to fight legally...but he disappeared real fast and i havent heard of anyone else having luck with it

i know for me the stress would kill me

i have 5 outstanding workers comp cases and i live like a nomad and get deeper and deeper into debt and i cant get the lawyers to do anything

i bought a house with a furnace sitting in the basement that didnt work and got laughed out of court on that...

good luck...but i wouldnt count on success

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement