LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » My father has died

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My father has died
lymeladyinNY
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He was one day short of his 90th birthday. This daddy's girl is devastated. I have also relapsed so badly that I'm bed and housebound. My husband is resenting caregiving more and more. No Christmas spirit here.

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BoxerMom
Member # 25251

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry. I also lost my dad just before Christmas, in 2004. In hindsight, I realize he had undiagnosed Lyme. He died of complications of Scleroderma.

Please take care of yourself. Your dad would want that. Don't worry about family, tree, presents. Just do whatever you enjoy, from bed. Listen to music. Watch holiday TV specials. Take a drive and look at lights if you are up for it.

We are having a low-key Christmas. My husband never saw "Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas," so we're renting it from Netflix. Stream it if you can. I love Muppet specials!!! (Seriously, it's a Muppet otter with a jug band. Hard to go wrong there.)

And do things that honor you dad. Light candles and look at photo albums. Say a prayer. I know it's sad, but death is part of the journey. He is where he is meant to be.

Much love,
BoxerMom

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. I was a devastated daddy's girl too.
It hurt so bad. I wish I could wave a wand and make the pain stop..

Your Dad is healthy and at peace right now. Try to follow some of Boxer MoM's advice.

I held all my pain in. Not a good idea. Let it out.

Be good to you. God bless you during this time.

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dawn2137
Member # 27238

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dawn2137     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sorry. Wish I could make everything better for you. I wrote down your username and will remember you in my prayers.
Posts: 60 | From MO | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry.

I don't really know what else to say. There are no words here. My dad was a royal pain in my butt sometimes but I miss him terribly.

Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twicebitten
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 5412

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twicebitten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My condolences. I lost my dad several years ago, he was only 64. I still miss him, but we all move on. I think about him certain times, or days, but am happy that he is where he is.

He left with a great attitude and a wonderful huge heart.
Remember the great times with your dad, that's what I do, and did when it first happened.

You feel like a piece of you is gone, and it is, but there is plenty left to take care of yourself and enjoy life.

Again, so sorry for your loss.

--------------------
One day at a time

Posts: 409 | From TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jlp38
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 27221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jlp38     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry.
Posts: 707 | From Colorado | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hugs to you! Boxermom, as usual, had some good thoughts, as do others.

My bet is your dear dad would not want you suffering right now on account of him.

Hopefully soon your pain will disappear and the good thoughts will remain.

[group hug]

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tdtid
Member # 10276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tdtid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so very sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you during this very painful time in your life.

They tell us not to stress or it makes our Lyme worse, but sometimes life deals us a hand that you can't help but stress. Hugs to you.

Cathy

--------------------
"To Dream The Impossible Dream" Man of La Mancha

Posts: 2638 | From New Hampshire | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am so sorry you are having to go through this. death is never easy and especially hard when we are so close to our parents.

it was my mom i grieved for, not my father. but the pain i still the same.

allow yourself time and even tho it won't heal all wounds, it will give you time for healing.

again, i am so sorry.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeladyinNY
Member # 10235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeladyinNY     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you, all. I am a believer and believe Daddy is with Mommy now (yes, I always called them that! [Smile] ). I just feel so badly that we failed to get hospice to him in time (I blame his stinkin' doctor for that) and he suffered terribly his last day with internal hemorrhaging. I wish he had the pain relief and other comforts hospice provides.

When I got the news of his passing my sister wheeled me in to his bedroom and sat me in a chair next to him. I talked to him, cried over him, and, of course, prayed. It was VERY disturbing to see his eyes half-open and his mouth open. I didn't like to see that at all.

Yes, Christmas will be very low-key for me. I do love your ideas, BoxerMom - how about hot chocolate and a Christmas movie every night? And some comedy, too.

God bless you all - with love, Julie Lymelady

PS - I apologize for my long absence from Lymenet. I have been doing very poorly since the end of July and have little energy. I will try to write short notes here and there. xoxo

--------------------
I want to be free

Posts: 1170 | From Endicott, NY | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dmc
Member # 5102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dmc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry. Sending my condolences on your loss. [group hug]
Posts: 2675 | From ct, usa | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dekrator48
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 18239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dekrator48     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lymelady,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your father.

I am praying for you.

My deepest sympathy to you. May God wrap his arms around you and comfort you and give you peace.

--------------------
The fibromyalgia I've had for 32 years was an undiagnosed Lyme symptom.

"For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future". -Jeremiah 29:11

Posts: 6076 | From Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
momindeep
Member # 7618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for momindeep     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thinking of you lymelady...sorry to hear you lost your dad.
Posts: 1512 | From Glenwood City WI | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silverwolf
Member # 9196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silverwolf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<<<<< Lymelady'NY >>>>>,

So sorry for your loss... I lost my Mom, Mothers day weekend of 2008. It is still difficult.

And both my Aunt, and TxCoords Eldest Brother died in August this year. We truly understand the sorrows.

Dear Father God,

Please send your angels to surround Lyme-lady and her loved ones at this time of grieving.

Let the Angels hug her close,and comfort her and each one she cares about.

Please bring Your Love and Joy into her home at this special season. And Let her be wrapped in Your Peace.

In Jesus Name Amen.

Keeping you in our prayers...

Jus' Silverwolfi and TxCoord

--------------------
2006,May-August2006 Dx w/ Lyme/Bartonella/White Matter Lesion Disease on Brain.
[ Clinical Dx w/ two positives and several IND's on the tests from Igenex ], Prior Dx of CFIDS/CEBV 1992, and FMS '93-'94
Diabetes*2 Dx 10/'08

Posts: 3581 | From SE Idaho | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sammy
Member # 13952

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sammy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh Julie, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hugs and prayers

Posts: 5237 | From here | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nonna05
Member # 33557

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nonna05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Julie, I'm sorry about your Father...You're so blessed to have had him for so many years.... Mine left when I was 5....Kinda weird my Mother and Father were divorced since I was five and I'm 55 now.. Just turned.

But they both died within 11 month's of each other. Then all H--- broke lose .The start of this trial..

You say you just want to be free. I'm praying that means to be well and live to your purpose unto God.

There's no doubt about it ,this is hard,a mess , and so lonely.

The Lord be with you . I have no idea how sick you are , But I still pray the Lord will heal you.

Take care, Nonna

Posts: 2563 | From Denver,CO | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just read this. I am so sorry. How can you have any spirit sick and then dad. My dad buried in Sept. Same thing. Theres nothing I can say except I lost a part of me when he left. Know he's in you, even though I hear the similarities with me, looks, even though I can't recognize me in the mirror these years. Thinking of you. I'm so sorry. This disease is a head trip on top of losing your dad, one minute at a time. God bless. I do believe God sees everything and somehow you'll get through this. Its so hard. Feel better.

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tricky Tickey
Member # 26546

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tricky Tickey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for your loss............

--------------------
Early Disseminated LD- 2010.
Currently doing acupuncture and yoga.
Negative Igenex (IND & Pos Bands)
ISSUES AFTER: Tendonitis, letter reversal, Low immune system.
PREVENTION:SaltC,Iodine,Humaworm,
Chiropractic.

Posts: 1013 | From In a van down by the river. | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lymelady,

Thoughts and prayers are sent your way.

I lost my Dad in 1995, and I still miss him. I was recently looking through some photos of one of our fishing trips. He was my fishing buddy too.

It made me sad, but I am glad he is no longer suffering. He had a hard life.

You have a lot of support here on lymenet, so come on whenever you need us. We all love you.

Take care and God bless.

[ 12-13-2011, 07:23 AM: Message edited by: linky123 ]

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My most sincere condolences, lymelady! I'm SO sorry! This has been a really rough year for you!! Losing a father or mother is so very hard. I've lost both. My mother died on the 18th of Dec 6 yrs ago. Dad in 1993 .. yep, another Daddy's girl.

Take good care of yourself. [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[group hug]
Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ann-OH
Member # 2020

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ann-OH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry. Hang on to all the good memories and give yourself some slack. Remember that he was lucky to have you.....

Ann-OH

--------------------
www.ldbullseye.com

Posts: 5705 | From Ohio | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement