LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Deep Dark Hole

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Deep Dark Hole
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I so often feel like I am in a deep dark hole and can't get out..

I know this is all lyme related and I can't tolerte antidepressants. Nor sure they would help as I want to go and do but my body just won't co-operate...

Must admit I get so tired or treatments working only for short periods of time.. I have got to learn to live with this even though I try there are times I can't seem to have any hope..

Can anyone relate??

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
make it a big hole. i'm with you.

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
phyl6648
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 28522

Icon 1 posted      Profile for phyl6648     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will do Randibear but sure wish we could enter a ray of sunshine..

What are your worst symptoms and feelings?

Posts: 1058 | From VA | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aperture
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 34822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for aperture         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm there too. Feel too exhausted to even lift my head. I feel like no human can feel this horrific and come out on the other side of this alive.

--------------------
aperture

Posts: 551 | From Louisville, KY | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've often described it as slipping away, but your description of a deep dark hole is right on the money.

Strangely, I've been feeling pretty darn good for a few days now, and I'm trying to figure out why. I want it to stay! I might just be in an up cycle, or... maybe a few things I've done lately have actually helped?

Tip of the week: Do something nice for yourself.

I did some I.V. nutritionals at my LLMD about a week ago. Coulda helped.

After months of being unable to work or be around people, I actually accepted an inviation to do a small work project. Something I can do from my home office. It invited my mind to do something it used to do, and I started feeling like me again.

And after months of being sick and avoiding friends, I actually had lunch with friends last week. Put on makeup and some cute clothes for a change, and ventured out to a restaurant. Guess what? Sick or not, they still love me. Yay!

I've been forcing myself to go outside, even for just a few minutes, to breathe and be a part of the world. It's still out there, wonderful as ever, and we get to be part of it.

As we speak, I'm listening to a really fun and crazy old recording of cha-cha music.

Do something nice for yourself. Do something that makes you feel like your old self. You are still in there, just a little worse for wear from this stupid illness, but you're still you. We may have Lyme, but it doesn't have us. Hah!

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
for me, blurry vision, incredible insomnia, muscle and joint pain, just the usual normal ole lyme symptoms.

the one thing in my life i am good at....LOL

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tincup
Member # 5829

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tincup         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This may sound strange... it sure did to me.... but...

For years I wouldn't mention to the chiropractor I was depressed. I figured that was something they didn't deal with. None of the meds worked for me and the side effects were nasty.

One day I was so bad and mentioned to my chiro as I was leaving that I'd feel good if it wasn't for this stinking depression.

He told me to get back on the table and did one simple adjustment and HOLY COW! What an amazing difference.

IMMEDIATE relief!!!

I would never have believed it, but when ever I get depressed it works.

Don't know if it would work for you, but the chiro told me he has people who come in monthly JUST for depression... to keep them tuned up.

Worth a try? And most chiro's take insurance. BUT,,, don't be like me. You HAVE to tell them about it so they can address it.

BTW- did you sign the petition yet?

http://www.lymedisease.org/petitionscript/index.php

--------------------
www.TreatTheBite.com
www.DrJonesKids.org
www.MarylandLyme.org
www.LymeDoc.org

Posts: 20353 | From The Moon | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i am fighting this too. and last feb i was the worst i had been in many yrs

recently i have started using more coq10 for energy. i used to use it for heart. but now i realize when i stop it i slow way down. thinking and moving. it helps a lot of things. you might want to look into it

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wrote a story about the dark hole you describe. My son read it and said that I was writing my way out of it. Good analysis.

I think that the chiro that Tin Cup describes is on to something. I seem to get the same reaction after my physical therapy (IMT). Cranial sacral massage is really helpful for depression.

One thing I do is I take heavy sleeping meds. I fought it for years, my LLMD and psychiatrist both insisted I take them, so I do. And it makes a big difference.

I also think the little things help. Take a walk. Wash your hair. Bake bread. Try new makeup. Write to me! Do things that are a change and that you enjoy. Get out of that hole!!!!

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that idea of seeing a chiro. I know just like any profession...there are some that I would go to and others to avoid.

I feel like my brain is inflamed all the time. Every once and awhile it lightens up.

Most of the time now, it helps me to get in the power chair and go around the block...but I do need to limit that too.

once a day if I am doing well enough.

I have been trying to bake some chicken and rice. It would not cook. It took me 3 tries and a talk with the maintenance man to finally figure out the oven is just not heating up enough.

He just told me to turn the oven up more. So, now I know what the issue is I will need to talk with him again.

I hate it that the brain is in such a fog or ? that trouble shooting what is wrong takes much longer than "normal".

I was just thinking I need to try and have maybe a fun Friday.

Try and do something once a week that lifts my spirits a bit.

The problem is that health is not reliable enough yet to decide on Friday I will do such and such and actually be able to do it.

I would like to be able to color. I'd like to be able to read.

Movies help to lift my spirits. I am thankful for that.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i completely relate!

i constantly find myself saying that i'm stuck in a hole i didn't dig.

everyone thinks that since i'm on IV anti-biotics, i will magically be better in a year.

i've been treating for 2 years though, and like you, the progress i make doesn't last.

i start to feel better for a few weeks, and then i fall back into that hole you're talking about.

just know you are not alone. i am sorry you are going through this [Frown]

Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katiebobatie
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28753

Icon 1 posted      Profile for katiebobatie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kam, do you have cable or satellite?

kam,

my husband and i try to live very cheap, but we finally caved and got direct tv.

it has been life changing for me, because like you said, it's hard to do anything fun, no matter how badly you want to!

since all i usually can do is lay in bed, i NEED good television to distract myself from all the pain.

i was SO depressed before we got satellite. it was awful...

i know we are in serious debt from all my medical bills, but direct tv is my one splurge, and i would lose my mind without it!

it's just too hard to do anything but lay down. reading a book is impossible, and sitting up to do art is too hard.

television is all i have right now, and it's worth the extra $40 a month.

Posts: 442 | From usa | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Liz D
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 16739

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Liz D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sadly I am in the hole too. No treatment and no money. depressed
Posts: 234 | From BC Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
a deep dark hole, that just seems to be getting deeper and darker day by day...

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement