LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » I am Mom to one less Boxer

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I am Mom to one less Boxer
BoxerMom
Frequent Contributor (1K+ posts)
Member # 25251

Icon 9 posted      Profile for BoxerMom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We are broken-hearted here at Chez Boxer.

Our most wonderful Boxer, Seamus, died on Saturday night.

He was 8 years and 11 months old. We've had him since he was an 8-week-old pup. He was the Zen Master, lover-of-all. Truly the raddest dog ever. And a handsome fella, to boot.

We brought him to the emergency vet with a distended tummy. We were worried about possible canine bloat.

Initially, the vet thought it was just gas, but as the evening went on, his prognosis got worse and worse.

First, it was gas.

Then, it was fluid in the abdomen.

Then, a mass on his spleen.

Then, bleeding into the abdomen.

Then, splenectomy to remove the bleeding mass.

Then, malignant mass.

Then, metastasized cancer throughout the abdomen.

There was no hope. He was bleeding internally and full of cancer. We let him go.

Our guy had no symptoms until the bloated belly! The vet couldn't believe it. Seamus was smiling and licking everyone when he got there. He was just a happy guy.

We never would have guessed.

It was hemangiosarcoma. Often, there are no symptoms until a mass bursts and leaks. Sometimes, the first symptom is sudden collapse.

We were with him for the whole night. We loved him and reassured him. He was under anaesthetic when it was time to let him go.

We are devastated.

We lost our 4-year-old female Boxer to kidney disease last year.

It has not been the best pet year.

I am still a Boxer Mom. We have Olive, our 11-month-old puppy. She is such a lover. She misses her big brother.

So sad.

--------------------
 - Must...find...BRAIN!!!

Posts: 2867 | From Pacific NW | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steve1906
Member # 16206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steve1906   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now that I have stopped crying, yes I really did.

I want to say how sorry I am for you and your family. It sounds like you all had a great life together, you did everything you could.

Enjoy Olive; dogs are always breaking our hearts!

Sorry again...

--------------------
Everything I say is just my opinion!

Posts: 3529 | From Massachusetts Boston Area | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dogsandcats
Member # 28544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dogsandcats     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my heart is so sad for you., we whisper about what we will do when our baby gets to that point, tear up and stop talking.

I am so sorry for your loss. May sweet Olive wipe your tears with her sloppy tongue.

Hugs

--------------------
God will prepare everything for our perfect happiness in heaven, and if it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there.

Billy Graham

Posts: 1967 | From California | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lauralyme
Member # 15021

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lauralyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss. It's that unconditional love that dogs give that make me grieve for them more than people.

--------------------
Fall down seven times, get up eight
~Japanese proverb

Posts: 1146 | From west coast | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry!!!! I know what it's like to lose a beloved pet...but to lose two in one year???? Oh my!

hugs and love

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lymeinhell
Member # 4622

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lymeinhell     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss. It's doubly sad that he was relatively young. You should take comfort in knowing you did everything you could to help him.

Unfortunately, I do know what it is like. In the last 5 years, I lost a dog and 3 cats.

But you know what I found? Somehow, someday, when you least expect it, their spirit may just come back to you in a new persona. I hope you are as fortunate.

God bless. [group hug]

--------------------
Julie
_ _ ___ _ _
lymeinhell

Blessed are those who expect nothing, for they shall not be disappointed.

Posts: 2258 | From a better place than I was 11 yrs ago | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lyme in Putnam
Member # 11561

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lyme in Putnam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im so sorry, i can't imagine 2 [Frown]

--------------------
He took u to it, He'll you through

Posts: 2837 | From NE. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dogmom2
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dogmom2   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so sorry for your loss.
Posts: 857 | From northern california | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jackie51
Member # 14233

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jackie51     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry for your losses.
Posts: 1374 | From Crazy Town | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fflutterby
Member # 28081

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fflutterby     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my, I am so sorry you are going through this. Sending you hugs and prayers for comfort.

[group hug] [group hug]

--------------------
Psalm 46 1 God is our refuge and strength

Posts: 1367 | From North Jersey | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
back2game
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 23927

Icon 1 posted      Profile for back2game     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so very sorry to hear of your losses, most recently, Seamus. All of us who have lost a pet can deeply sympathize.

This prayer never fails to help me: "Jesus, strengthen my belief in You, especially when the night is darkest."

--------------------
CNS Lyme 05/08 - EIA 1.16+, IGG 18+, IGM 23+
01/11-IGM 31 Epitope Positive
01/11-IGM 31+++, 41+, 58++, 83-93+, 23-25IND, 39IND
01/11-IGG 41+
Vasculitis 01/07,MCTD 05/06,Fibro 11/04, Myofascial PS 11/03
Embedded Tick app. 1990

Posts: 136 | From Massachusetts | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kidsgotlyme
Member # 23691

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kidsgotlyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sending prayers your way! I can't stand the thought of one of my babies being gone.

--------------------
symptoms since 1993 that I can remember. 9/2018 diagnosed with Borellia, Babesia Duncani, and Bartonella Hensalae thru DNA Connections.

Posts: 1470 | From Tennessee | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finallylyme
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finallylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm so sorry for your loss! It's devastating when they are taken before you are prepared. There's just not enough time to say good bye

...I have a 5 month old goofball (boxer) I'll loan you for a while [Wink]

--------------------
I have Lyme - but it doesn't have me.

Posts: 70 | From ohio | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am very sorry for the loss of your beloved pet.

[group hug]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6138 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SoOverIt
Member # 31168

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SoOverIt     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am sorry. We lost our Boxer about 5 weeks ago. We too have one more Boxer in the fold, and he is 8 yrs old. We would love to add another young one to our home.

Boxers are very special, my thoughts are with you xo

Posts: 60 | From usa | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skies
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 28064

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skies     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry for your loss, that's so sad..You did everything you could for him, and I'm sure he had a great life with you...
I am also a dog lover, and can't bear the thought of being without my babies. Dogs add so much joy to our lives.

Hang in there. [group hug]

--------------------
"The simple things can get you through the hardest times."  -

Posts: 628 | From Connecticut | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
linky123
Member # 19974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for linky123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So sorry to hear this. Our pets are such an important part of our lives.

Take care and God bless.

--------------------
'Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.' Matthew 11:28

Posts: 2607 | From Hooterville | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
farraday
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 21494

Icon 1 posted      Profile for farraday     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry for you. We have been through that heartbreak many times and it is never easy.

We have our own "pet cemetary" under a beautiful old oak tree down the hill. It is interesting that our cats are often seen down there just resting. Maybe the spirits of our beloved pets live on.

I lost my beautiful collie while I was going through a divorce. I thought I would die. After all these years she still lives on in our memories. She was my best babysitter, keeping the little boys safe, out of the street and away from strangers.

I hope you have some beautiful photos of your pet. Why not have one enlarged, framed and put nearby? And spend lots of time with that sweet puppy!

I look forward to the time when I am strong enough to handle another dog. My kids think a collie would be too much for me to handle. Sigh. How we love our pets.

God bless you and comfort you.

--------------------
DOCTOR: "I don't think you are sick."
PATIENT: "We are all entitled to our opinions. I don't think you are a doctor."

Posts: 697 | From Northern California | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
merrygirl
Member # 12041

Icon 1 posted      Profile for merrygirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, hugs.

Read the rainbow bridge

Posts: 3905 | From USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jacqi
Member # 6619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jacqi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know I am late in this, however, I am SO sorry....

--------------------
J

Posts: 91 | From Northwest Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement