LymeNet Home LymeNet Home Page LymeNet Flash Discussion LymeNet Support Group Database LymeNet Literature Library LymeNet Legal Resources LymeNet Medical & Scientific Abstract Database LymeNet Newsletter Home Page LymeNet Recommended Books LymeNet Tick Pictures Search The LymeNet Site LymeNet Links LymeNet Frequently Asked Questions About The Lyme Disease Network LymeNet Menu

LymeNet on Facebook

LymeNet on Twitter

The Lyme Disease Network receives a commission from Amazon.com for each purchase originating from this site.

When purchasing from Amazon.com, please
click here first.

Thank you.

LymeNet Flash Discussion
Dedicated to the Bachmann Family

LymeNet needs your help:
LymeNet 2020 fund drive

The Lyme Disease Network is a non-profit organization funded by individual donations.

LymeNet Flash Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» LymeNet Flash » Questions and Discussion » General Support » Exercise: What can you do today? Feb 21 to

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Exercise: What can you do today? Feb 21 to
kam
Honored Contributor (10K+ posts)
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tried to copy and paste an encouraging art work I saw but did not succeed.

It was copied after the ads people post with their number on the bottom...several slips of paper to tear off.

It said what do you need? Take one:

Courage
Patience
Peace
Joy
Health
Grace
Love,
Strength
Etc etc etc

Here's hoping we all have a good week with a bit of moments of joy and fun.

[ 02-22-2012, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love that idea for a piece of artwork. Fantastic.

I need to tear off the Patience piece. I'm doing my taxes today. Kayak - H E L P !

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
u know it took me 7 weeks just to get the numbers to the accountant...i didnt even do them myself.

my brother came and made some things easier here for me today. we tried to find my shoe inserts but couldnt. b4 he got here i did find some really big new balance sneakers so it is easier to keep warm but walking is painful in ankles and patellas.

im having the helper lady come tomorrow to help me clean out and repack the truck cuz i need to take etta 2 hrs south to the "brave" groomer.

the forecast has been 3 50 degree days in a row for awhile. now there are 3 chances of snow in 3 days. i may have to cancel. we'll see. driving is usually easy for me...but keeping warm in the camper may be hard.

today taking a shower was like exercise for me. and going up and down the cellar stairs. whew!

guess i have to accept i really lost the inserts...300. for a new pair but i really need them. 300-thats a month of riding.

my head is still real foggy...but my temp flucuations ar less today. gigi told me what to study...but i am not in any shape to do that.

i wonder if this is the way it ends for those of us who are alone. fogginess gets worse and you just cant keep it all together so you go down.

--------------------
Lyme? Its complicated. Educate yourself.

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like that, kam!! I think it would be great to put one of those up at the grocery store, just to encourage people.

good luck with the taxes, jimmy!!

Doing my taxes usually takes me several weeks too. I don't do them myself... takes that long to gather it all. UGH. Guess I'd better get started.

Feeling a bit better today from my cold or allergies I got last week. Whew. Was praying I could escape taking abx.

My feet are SLIGHTLY better after having a cold laser treatment on them yesterday.

kayak.. you can get some New Balance inserts for about $40... worth it!

--------------------
--Lymetutu--
Opinions, not medical advice!

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpkayak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
tute...i didnt know that

--------------------

Posts: 13712 | From new england | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jimmy1     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayak, you are not alone. You have all of us. We're here for you and we're glad you're here for us.

Posts: 251 | From Florida | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kam
Member # 3410

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kayak...it also takes me weeks/months and sometimes years to get some things done.

The stress is worse if there is a dead line.

But, it did help to know I am not the only one that just getting a number and making a phone call can take weeks/months, etc.

Hoping all goes well with cleaning out and repacking the truck.

I hope you find the inserts. I recently found some for a pair of horse boots I purchased years ago. I hope it doesn't take you that long. [Smile]

Tutu...glad you are feeling a bit better.

Jimmy...patience...you've got it

I recently went through one of those good cycles were I think I have turned the corner and things are going to get better.

I don't get too excited as this has been happening since this hit and even before I was dx and started treatment.

So far this am, I took a nose dive.

yesterday I was able to go to the grocery store and get ingredients for a chicken and brown rice oven dish.

I even was able to make the dish.

But, today getting dressed is out. Hoping to take a shower some time today.

but, laying low and quiet is needed so far.

Posts: 15927 | From Became too sick to work or do household chores in 2001. | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello, hello Lymie family!!! [group hug]

Took my Mom to her doctor's appointment in Atlanta yesterday. So drove about 100 miles north. Afterwards we went and ate sushi and went to an international grocery store there then headed home.

Had to pick up my neice at 10 from her job so I got home around 11. Long day.

Going tomorrow to clean my Mom's house for 5 hours so that's my exercise maybe for the week.

Kam-Loved the way you started this week's thread...I'd pick health, mine's still not where it needs to be.

Jimmy1-Ugh....taxes.....can't avoid them.....I got the bill Monday from our CPA, $185 again. I'm not complaining though cause he's good and my last tax guy made an error one year of about $5000. We had to pay that but thank God when I went to the IRS they said if I paid the whole amount that day they'd cut the bill in half. Good luck!

Kayak-7 weeks! [Eek!] You must have alot of deductions. I know one year it took me awhile to get all my medical bills together....it was in the thousands.

About that fogginess Kayak, like Jimmy1 said, you're not alone. I went through almost all of my treatment alone (3 years) living in a tiny, old trailer on church property living off of $300 a month. I made it and what helped me the most, bar none, was coming here to Lymenet. It was without a doubt my lifeline to support, encouragement, advice and love. Don't forget us, we care about you! [kiss]

TuTu-Glad to hear you were able to skip the antibiotics. I can't take them anymore. I herx like crazy or maybe it's another type of reaction. Sure makes me sick. Hope your feet continue to get better. When the bottoms of my feet were hurting I used my near infrared light too and it helped. Think I threw in a couple of those detox foot bath treatments too.

See you all later!

[hi]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lymetoo
Member # 743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lymetoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lpkayak:
tute...i didnt know that

-
Try Brown's catalog for New Balance stuff. But best to go to a New Balance store if you can, so they can fit you.

Or try orthaheel at www.footsmart.com

http://www.footsmart.com/P-Orthaheel-Shock-Absorber-Pr-10087.aspx

They are supposed to be good... like your flip flops basically.

back later

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

Posts: 96222 | From Texas | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nicole_Denise
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 20620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nicole_Denise     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I went "skiing" on the weekend.

Not the BEST idea health-wise, but I was a HUGE skier before I got sick and I had super-super discounted tickets...

So I enjoyed going up the chair and gently skiing a couple runs.

I felt like total crap because of it yesterday, but honestly- a month ago I wouldn't even have been able to make it down the hill...

SO progress!

But today I'm still focusing on recovering.

Posts: 503 | From Alberta, Canada | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
finallylyme
Member # 33807

Icon 1 posted      Profile for finallylyme     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I rode my horse for the first time in 3 months tonight!!

It hurt so bad... but felt sooooo good!

--------------------
I have Lyme - but it doesn't have me.

Posts: 70 | From ohio | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
randibear
Member # 11290

Icon 1 posted      Profile for randibear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
took the walk around the lake. a little over a mile and it took 30 minutes but hey got me out of the house!!

about to go bat cray-cray staying inside all the time..

--------------------
do not look back when the only course is forward

Posts: 12262 | From texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

finally...what part hurt??? i havent ridden since sept and i really think it would be good for me---but i need a special situation and not sure if i can find it

--------------------

lpkayak
Member # 5230

no ones been here since i wrote that??? huh. i must be the only one sitting around and not exercising.

KAM-i read your post and there were a lot of helpful things in it for me. esp the part about how long it takes to get stuff done. i KNOW that but i really need to be remineded. i think that is why i like lists so much. even if i only cross off one thing at the end of the day its ok

i am feeling a need to really discipline myself but dont seem to be able to

i know there are things i need to do that i dont(exercise---even 5 min) and i now there are things i do that i shouldnt do

i just feel so stuck. i know i pushed hard for the last 3 months (or more-with the move) and for the last6-7 weeks with the taxes. both important. both hard on me. both kept me from taking better care of myself.

so im thinking its more i need a little vacation than it is depression.

i know clinical depression and it isnt that.

some of you said go easy on yourself and i think maybe i need to do that a little more...but i do want to get back to my healthy habits...

maybe if i rest a little longer i will feel different when spring hits...

not much exercise yet...but i did take the garbage out...that is hard for me---it rained ice last night

and last night i potted those house plants that had rooted...that was more exercise than i get now

and i paid the girl to clean the inside of the cab of the truck and it loooks (and smells)good.

i dont really have the money but it has been a mess since thanksgiving when i moved...and my hands just cant clean it...way too much pain.

etta had spilled a hot choclate(hers not mine...haha) weeks ago and with these warm days it was pee...u...eeee.

anyway-probably tmi but i wanted to end a the positive-clean truck, pottd plants, and soon spring

ps-decided couldnt take etta to grooming...afraid of driving thru pass in snow and not beign able to walk if i get in trouble

6inces tomorrow they say...groomer can do etta in one week

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

kayak.. you inspired me to get my car washed today! I'm not that pleased with how it turned out though. I may go back next week to get another (for free!) and tell them I had spots all over my car and it still had some road dirt on it. (it's about 8 mi away)

I was down in the dumps today and hubby came home and took me out to eat. (he didn't know I was blue and he just surprised me by taking me to eat, etc .. then surprised me with WHERE we were going.. MY fav place)

We went to my favorite Mexican food place and then two of my very best friends showed up!

It was like they were following me around! [Big Grin]

God is good!!

Hoping my second cold laser treatment tomorrow will really help my poor feet so I can get back to exercising.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Feeling a bit more human today. Able to put in 4 loads of laundry...had that wave of feeling green and over heated but then it went away.

Able to unzip the cover on Rosie's bed and wash it.

Put Rosie's stuffings in the sun to hopefully kill off some stuff.

Also able to put down pillow in sun, switch door mats

My bedroom smells like dirty socks so trying to fix that.

I smelled Rosies' dog bed and the smell was not coming from there.

Also able to remove quilt from bed.

Still have a load or two of laundry to do and need to put away the laundry I did.

but, it is rest time now.

Good morning. Thankful I was able to do what I did.

I'll be back when able to read what you all have been up to. Looking forward to it.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

its 2:03 pm and i havent taken my morning pills yet except the armour.

i told myself i could read after i take the pills. but i'm here instead. gees. slow day. we might be getting the first snow storm here since october!!! that is one wierd winter.

yesterday i figured out if i made myself put sox and shoes on first thing my feet didnt get cold. hard to believe i cmplain about somethi ng so simple as putting shoes on. but for yrs i have just slid into slippers or sandles cuz in the morning everything hurts so much i really cant tolerate it -including clothes..until noon...after 2 sets of meds

i did have waqrm toes all day yesterday-from when i got out of bed all toasty warm to 12 hrs later when i let myself take off the shoes...

theres a store at the mall that sells inserts--good feet or something like that. i could get them faster than from the doc and they would measure me and stuff. what i found for new balance didnt look too good and it would be all thru the mail

anyone know about good feet orthotics?

i probably should ask that somewhere else...see you all later after ive done something

--------------------

jimmy1
LymeNet Contributor
Member # 33504

Got my exercise in for the day. Had to have some lab work done at Quest and lo and behold they have a new office close by. Took my regular bike ride through the woods, out onto a connecting road, and there they are. Excellent!

It's very breezy today. Heck of a headwind coming home. I'm spent. Happily.

lpkayak
Member # 5230

im back...got two sets of meds in but only exercise was chasing etta for awhile with a broom.

i have getting bike on my list cuz down at the beach there is a beautiful 10 mile ride thats pretty flat and not much traffic except july and aug. the trouble with bikes for me is im afraid theyre going to fall apart and i will have to walk home...i know i cant lear n to fix them

i thought florida was getting some bad weather...but its a big state. my brother is in cape coral

--------------------

aklnwlf
Frequent Contributor (5K+ posts)
Member # 5960

Icon 6 posted      Profile for aklnwlf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I survived cleaning my Mom's house. Spent all day yesterday in bed or on the couch. So needless to say I'm recovered today.

Got up early, got gussied up and headed to the bank and did some grocery shopping. Trying to determine if I have enough cash to go out to lunch with the hubs when he gets home from work.

Need to dust and vacuum my own house but might play computer games instead.

I know....need to do something more active.

See you all tomorrow!

[kiss]

--------------------
Do not take this as medical advice. This comment is based on opinion and personal experience only.

Alaska Lone Wolf

Posts: 6145 | From Columbus, GA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpkayak
Member # 5230

showoff alkie..."needless to say im recovered...' in ONE day... cleaning a house would take me weeks to recover from

BUT ! on a positive note-i am exhausted because i did so much today including 1 hr of heavy snow shoveling---the neighbor helped where the plow went by(thank goodness) but i did the rest...rested...took a shower-that counts as exercise...rested and then opened a delivery of goodies including speical sox...that was exercise too. so i AM exhausted...but i have taken my supps correctly for 24 hours...so far i dont have reflux...and yes i'm tired but i really did do exercise for me tonight. my hands hurt too much to type much or hold the book to read but there are somemovies on and its ok if i just fall asleep int the recliner.

just wanted to let you know i may have turned the corner. i sure hope so. and if i get whiney again...you all have permission to yell at me for not being organized about my supps

--------------------

Lymetoo
Member # 743

What did you change up on your supps, kam??

AK.. I wanna see your mom's house. Must be extremely clean! I hope to have a cleaning lady come next week.

Didn't do much physically today. Went to church for a bit to prepare music for tomorrow. Hope to organize for tax season tonight. ARRRGGHH.

--------------------
--Lymetutu--

kam
Member # 3410

Able to drive the 3 miles to the forest this am. First time in a long time.

On the trail for about 25 min with several short breaks.

Tough going on the way but it was down hill heading back...much more do able...just a slight decline.

Colored my hair for the first time today also. I haven't figured out if I like it or not.

A friend suggested I go blond to color my hair for the first time because it would not show the mistakes as much with the gray hair.

The color on the package was wheat germ blond. But, it looks more like light brown now.

Hair is still very frizzy and dry. I was hoping coloring it would help. But, it didn't.

Tutu...Tax stuff. Ugh.

I did get some cats' claw and mag. It does seem like it is helping. But, mostly I think getting enough food in me each day is the key.

The problem is I am really struggling to do this. I feel green and don't want to eat or I am too weak and choke on my food.

Kayak..good to hear you had a good day.

I had the windows open here today. Beautiful day in the neighborhood. [Smile]

I have been watching Monarch of the Glenn. It might be on U Tube. I get the series thru netflix.

jimmy...your bike ride sounds like fun

[ 02-26-2012, 09:26 AM: Message edited by: kam ]

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code� is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | LymeNet home page | Privacy Statement